We're minted

ri Alban

Ricardo Quaresma
10 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Wasn't the inter toto cup meant to replace the CWC? 

Pretty certain it was already in existence but was taken over by UEFA then rebranded to replace the CWC. Could be talking nonsense of course. 

The intertoto was an extra way of qualifying for CWC / Uefa cup, can't even remember which

The wee team entered but it was a riddy 😄

The interdodo, people called it 😄

38 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Why didn't UEFA think of the ECL after scrapping the CWC?

We've lost out of this, they've lost of this

We played in the last CWC against real mallorca

In the last cup winners cup

In the first UEFA Cup group stages

In the second ever group stages of the Conference League 

It is basically about our place in the pile and hopefully we continue to operate there for a bit and use the cash and experience to progress as a team

Edited by Sooks

Ricardo Quaresma
17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

In the second ever group stages of the Conference League 

It is basically about our place in the pile and hopefully we continue to operate there for a bit and use the cash and experience to progress as a team

In the European wilderness...

But, yes, we are where we are

We have no choice but to get on with it; we beat RFS away in ECL, with a clean sheet - bang!

We beat 'well 3-0 away with a clean sheet - bang!

I like a bit of bang bang!

One more bang bang from now will see us bang on schedule for 3rd in the league, 1st in the big cup and 2nd in the ECL group A!

We can do it! A nice Gold, Silver and Bronze

If we do this, I think we will earn the right to put Gold trim on next seasons' kits

Too optimistic?

3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

In the European wilderness...

But, yes, we are where we are

We have no choice but to get on with it; we beat RFS away in ECL, with a clean sheet - bang!

We beat 'well 3-0 away with a clean sheet - bang!

I like a bit of bang bang!

One more bang bang from now will see us bang on schedule for 3rd in the league, 1st in the big cup and 2nd in the ECL group A!

We can do it! A nice Gold, Silver and Bronze

If we do this, I think we will earn the right to put Gold trim on next seasons' kits

Too optimistic?

I am quite happy with where we are and see it as a great platform to build on .................................... it will take a lot of hard work though as we are not yet that much better than our rivals . We are better but just not enough to guarantee any thing yet 

Ricardo Quaresma
31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I am quite happy with where we are and see it as a great platform to build on .................................... it will take a lot of hard work though as we are not yet that much better than our rivals . We are better but just not enough to guarantee any thing yet 

Nothing's guaranteed, Sooks, our only concern is injuries & fitness, the squad are getting better together now

9 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Nothing's guaranteed, Sooks, our only concern is injuries & fitness, the squad are getting better together now

They are getting better and it will take time for them all to learn each others games especially now that we are starting to rotate a bit

Celtic and Rangers have already shown how the extra games in Europe can leave the door ajar for weaker teams to get a result and we do not have any thing like the squad resources that they do ...................... we need to work our socks off in every game

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

The intertoto was an extra way of qualifying for CWC / Uefa cup, can't even remember which

The intertatie cup got you into the uefa cup and the "winners" of the intertatie trophy was the team that played in it and got the furthest in Europe 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

They are getting better and it will take time for them all to learn each others games especially now that we are starting to rotate a bit

Celtic and Rangers have already shown how the extra games in Europe can leave the door ajar for weaker teams to get a result and we do not have any thing like the squad resources that they do ...................... we need to work our socks off in every game

No argument there

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Absolutely. 

11 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

You are aware the fans directly paid back quite a number of the creditors, specifically the charities including the poppy fund.

hibs of course didn’t pay back the British taxpayer when the negotiated their bad debt deal 

I am. Yes.

On 18/09/2022 at 16:48, Luckies1874 said:

That figure is not far away from some fag packet calculations I've been doing.  I assume it doesn't include our share of the Media Pool money, as that is usually only confirmed after the tournament has finished.  My reckoning is that it should conservatively be worth at least another £300k to us, so we've made over £4m excluding matchday revenues.  Any more points we pick up in the group will add to that figure.

Net matchday revenues will have to be >£1m.  By net revenues I mean what we make in gate receipts from 4 home games, less the cost of staging the games, less the travel and accommodation costs etc. of playing 4 away games.  So my conservative estimate is we'll be looking at a minimum of £5m, possibly closer to £5.5m before factoring in any money we might make from results in the remaining 4 games.  

15 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Was that another first for them?  Like being the first British team to play in Europe in what was an invitational event, the 4 Scottish teams, including Hearts, who finished above them in the league all declined the invitation and the English FA effectively put the kybosh on any of the English clubs taking part (Chelsea were the champions that season, the only time they won a league title before Abramovich entered the fray).

Ricardo Quaresma
9 hours ago, RobNox said:

Was that another first for them?  Like being the first British team to play in Europe in what was an invitational event, the 4 Scottish teams, including Hearts, who finished above them in the league all declined the invitation and the English FA effectively put the kybosh on any of the English clubs taking part (Chelsea were the champions that season, the only time they won a league title before Abramovich entered the fray).

There's no record of their participation; assume they were gubbed immediately

We probably finished above them that year; if I remember right, we did

But if we didn't apply it became available to the next team down

Looking at wiki, there was always some really big teams from Germany, Portugal, France and Italy in the tourney, they were obviously crowded out and caught short for qualifying via league position