UK visa

Rockwell

I've no idea how long  these take to come through as kio is still awaiting his .will be interesting to see if the English premiership clubs are waiting for visas for a week for the players they payed mega millions for yesterday from abroad 

Just now, Rockwell said:

I've no idea how long  these take to come through as kio is still awaiting his .will be interesting to see if the English premiership clubs are waiting for visas for a week for the players they payed mega millions for yesterday from abroad 

Source?

Could be days, could be weeks. I doubt anyone knows. Majority of EPL signing will have international appearances so it makes the process a lot quicker.

7 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

Could be days, could be weeks. I doubt anyone knows. Majority of EPL signing will have international appearances so it makes the process a lot quicker.

Don't see why that should fast track anyone .are the more important for some reason

Fort Vallance
3 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Don't see why that should fast track anyone .are the more important for some reason

It's one of the parameters that are set to reduce the number of journeyman applying. One less hoop to jump through if they are internationals.

8 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Scotland has some sort of panel that considers players iirc as ours tend to not have the caps and experience that fit the bill. 

1 minute ago, Fort Vallance said:

It's one of the parameters that are set to reduce the number of journeyman applying. One less hoop to jump through if they are internationals.

Thanks didn't know that .I just thought if you were a Romanian truck driver or an international footballer the process would be the same .

1 minute ago, feej said:

Be interesting to see if any of the foreign guys signed by Celtic or Hibs yesterday are in their squads tomorrow.

I am sure they will be.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Scotland has some sort of panel that considers players iirc as hours tend to not have the caps and experience that fit the bill. 

Mainly filled with Celtic supporters.

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Scotland has some sort of panel that considers players iirc as ours tend to not have the caps and experience that fit the bill. 

I think the parameters are pretty loose, don't think they turn many down.

jamboinglasgow

A lot of the problems seems not to be issues of eligibility (though Fulham not being able to get Kluivert a work permit is mad) but instead down to slow bureaucracy. The approval can come pretty quickly but getting a physical visa to the player seems to be where the delay comes from.

5 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Thanks didn't know that .I just thought if you were a Romanian truck driver or an international footballer the process would be the same .

Let's hope we get the international footballer......... 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

I think the parameters are pretty loose, don't think they turn many down.

The faceless nobodies that Hibs signed should never have got through the process if they’re serious about the system. 

StevenNaismith

It’s a point based system and is massively helped by international caps. If you don’t meet the point threshold then a presentation usually accompanies the application. Those signing for multi millions down south will meet the point thresholds no problem.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Let's hope we get the international footballer......... 

Truck drivers probably earn more in this day and age. 

1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

It’s a point based system and is massively helped by international caps. If you don’t meet the point threshold then a presentation usually accompanies the application. Those signing for multi millions down south will meet the point thresholds no problem.

Ok thanks

Pasquale for King
Just now, Rockwell said:

Cheers I will go and give my wife her boxing gloves as it's usually her that knocks me out🤣

Hahahahaha, maybe keep that link that until bedtime if you’re struggling to sleep 😴

Fort Vallance
5 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Theoretically the process is the same. The process was originally intended to encourage people with the skills urgently required by the UK to be fast tracked and the ones with higher skill sets had less red tape. Not sure footballers fall into that category but then the big EPL clubs pay a lot of tax and therefore have a bit of clout.

August Landmesser
28 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

A lot of the problems seems not to be issues of eligibility (though Fulham not being able to get Kluivert a work permit is mad) but instead down to slow bureaucracy. The approval can come pretty quickly but getting a physical visa to the player seems to be where the delay comes from.

Another inevitable consequence of Brexit that has not been prepared for with adequate infrastructure or personnel.

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Another inevitable consequence of Brexit that has not been prepared for with adequate infrastructure or personnel.

I think Brexit has made it shown even worse, but even before Brexit its a system that should help people who meet criteria to come but is run by people whose main aim is to stop people coming in. Hence no desire to invest in more staff and infrastructure.

August Landmesser
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think Brexit has made it shown even worse, but even before Brexit its a system that should help people who meet criteria to come but is run by people whose main aim is to stop people coming in. Hence no desire to invest in more staff and infrastructure.

100%

4 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Got a visa for travelling to Canada online……took about 30 minutes for approval……….surly our visa system needs updated?

A tourist visa is completely different.

14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Does the work permits need to be sorted before the squad registration for the ECL?

I would like to know this as well.

18 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Does the work permits need to be sorted before the squad registration for the ECL?

The ECL condition is that the player is registered to play in domestic competitions so will come down to whether or not we can register a player with the sfa without a visa

Just now, Ribble said:

The ECL condition is that the player is registered to play in domestic competitions so will come down to whether or not we can register a player with the sfa without a visa

Cheers 👍 

Anyone know the answer to the bold?

Would play a big part in any free agents we try to pick up today.

1 hour ago, Fort Vallance said:

If they are a hoop they will be processed quickly!!

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Cheers 👍 

Anyone know the answer to the bold?

Would play a big part in any free agents we try to pick up today.

Isn't the transfer window actually a registration window? If so that would mean as long as they were registered in time they should be eligible? It is obviously slightly different for our of contract players with not having a registration deadline apart from the uefa one for their competitions 

Back in 2005, a Visa extension was refused for Jason Scotland. He had been at Dundee Utd for two years and they wanted to extend his contract by another two years.

The SFA Panel voted 5-1 to refuse his visa extension. Dundee United were forced to let him leave.

3 weeks later, St Johnstone followed the same process and even used the same arguments as Dundee Utd. This time it was approved and Scotland became a St Johnstone player.

The above all happens in Scotland prior to a recommendation being given to the Home Office.

Percival King

When Neilson (Robbie, not Lewis!) was on the radio the other day his expectation was that the visa could take anything from a few days to 3 weeks.

2 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Back in 2005, a Visa extension was refused for Jason Scotland. He had been at Dundee Utd for two years and they wanted to extend his contract by another two years.

The SFA Panel voted 5-1 to refuse his visa extension. Dundee United were forced to let him leave.

3 weeks later, St Johnstone followed the same process and even used the same arguments as Dundee Utd. This time it was approved and Scotland became a St Johnstone player.

The above all happens in Scotland prior to a recommendation being given to the Home Office.

Was it not refused due to the Premiership and chsmpionship having different ruies around eligibility?

3 minutes ago, Dunks said:

A couple of things about that. He's had scored the goals in a Scottish cup semi to put Hibs out and that is probably a big reason why he did not get his work permit.

Second the reason St J could get him a work permit was they were in a lower division which meant the work permit requirements were less.

PhoenixHearts

The lad Isak at Newcastle was a quick one. He'd made his debut and scored his first goal for them within 2 days of signing. Granted he has plenty caps for Sweden, but it's still a double standard. Been over a week since we signed Kiomourtzoglu.

Edit:

Just thought I'd ask if anyone knows is he allowed to train with the team while he's awaiting his visa or has he had to fly back home while he waits?

Edited by PhoenixHearts

48 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Isn't the transfer window actually a registration window? If so that would mean as long as they were registered in time they should be eligible? It is obviously slightly different for our of contract players with not having a registration deadline apart from the uefa one for their competitions 

Good call 👍

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Spot on. Both of you. 

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Refuses by panel consisting of five Hibs minded folk, he had scored the winner in a Scottish Cup semi final against them. 
He got his revenge in the Hamilton team that relegated them. 
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/famous-five-hibees-buried-career-3608810

Edited by Pasquale for King
Link

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, sassenach said:

As I understood the system when it was first devised, it was supposed to encourage clubs to develop their own home-grown players rather than simply buying ready-made but mediocre players from overseas.

The system couldn't be applied to players from the EU while we were part of the Single Market, but these players are now on the same footing as players from the rest of the world.

If I'm being honest, I think it's probably a good thing if applied fairly, because young players from the UK deserve a chance.  Players can still come from overseas, but need to be of sufficient quality to enhance the game.  That's as I understand things, although I could be wrong.

You are correct of course but as the rest of the U.K. is viewed as separate entities in football terms their players should be viewed the same way surely , you still need International clearance for them after all. 

6 hours ago, Taffin said:

Does that mean Kio has to get a permit today to be eligible for the ECL?

17 hours ago, JamboRossi79 said:

Does that mean Kio has to get a permit today to be eligible for the ECL?

Keen to know what the situation is with this as well 

Can we register him as a part of the European squad pending visa ?