***Official Livingston v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

I don’t think he’s a loser. I DO think he’s got himself into a wee hole here for the first time since he came back. Forget the headline bad results from a while back, this is a bad run and the last 2 games particularly say to me we’re in a rut he’ll need to find a way to get out of very quickly.

To use the term ‘mental fatique’ this early in the season is very concerning. It says to me he doesn’t know what’s wrong, far less how to fix it. Needs to find something here or the vultures will start circling.

Better squad, worse performances. There is only one way that’s ending if it carries on.

Edited by JimmyCant

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• GBJambo

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

What's really sad is being a Hearts fan were all allowed our own opinion. And i get i8hibs its'll all about WINNING something we've under achieved over the decades. And let's stop bringing up stats and the championship it's like the hobos going on about Dryborough cup wins and were better than that

portobellojambo1

It is difficu;t tp say anything other than we were very sloppy tpday, created little to no chances, spent far too much time playing the ball either backwards or sideways ang got wxactly what we deserved today, a defeat and loss of all three points. It is relatively easy to say the absence of Liam Boyce and Craig Halkett is playing a part, because undoubtedly it is, buy it is a team game  and we should have to hope that rhose brought into the squad should be at a level where they can slot in at a decent level but that doesn't seem yo be the case. The severely limited number of scoring chances we have created, even in just the last two games, has to be a wee bit cpncerning I'd imagime.

1 hour ago, Paul Shark said:

64% possession today twice as much as Livingston. Hardly the stats of a loser.

Ram that possession stat where the sun don't shine.

Shots on target and goals win games.

Lost 6 out of last 7 this season and we look lost.

Just back from that disgrace today.  Completely unacceptable on all levels. Nowhere near the levels acceptable. Only Gordon, and Mackay get pass marks. Just shit

Dusk_Till_Dawn

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/9196644/joe-savage-hearts-celtic-rangers-warning-declares-win-league/amp/

Either Savage is serious about this, or he’s just spouting bollocks. 

I’d never hold him to that because we don’t have the resources to win the title ever but it’s a very delusional interview - and it only encourages us all to expect big things of him and RN, which they’re not going to deliver.

4 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Ram that possession stat where the sun don't shine.

Shots on target and goals win games.

Lost 6 out of last 7 this season and we look lost.

Steady on fellow. Joe Savage says we're aiming to win the league. Keep paying your FoH subs, trust in Robbie and everything will be tickets boo 👍

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Not much else to say really.

Did you just return from vacation?

Your timing is impeccable.

Come back in May when it’s over.

Thought we looked well set up for the first 20 mins then fell apart after the goal which looked well off side

It was a performance like before Robbie came back and I'm surprised as like the game against StJs last week I thought our mental strength is better than that Still early days and we've been really unlucky with injuries We will beat St Mirren next week and go on a good run I'm sure of it 

2 hours ago, Voxpop said:

aberdeen,  hibs, Dundee Utd, are all clubs that would historically lay claim to being top 6 sides. We have no divine right to top 6. 

We're twice the size (at least) of Dundee United and are far bigger than Hibs and Aberdeen. We should be in third place most seasons with our support, income and budget. Stop making excuses for lacklustre, crap football just because "we've always been inconsistent". That's a losers attitude.  

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Steady on fellow. Joe Savage says we're aiming to win the league. Keep paying your FoH subs, trust in Robbie and everything will be tickets boo 👍

Drivel from Savage. You know it, I know it, he knows it.

I’ve no problem with third place. I just think that given how woeful the general standard of the SPFL is, we should be able to play with a bit of panache. Neilson has no real ambition.

2 hours ago, Voxpop said:

top 6 is waaaaaay better than that

Oh, get the open top bus out. The third biggest club in the country made the top 6. What a fantastic achievement. 

11 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Just back from that disgrace today.  Completely unacceptable on all levels. Nowhere near the levels acceptable. Only Gordon, and Mackay get pass marks. Just shit

Only watched the commentary on here ,that was bad enough mate can’t say enjoy the night because like me there is that weeeeeee thing that is aching tonight.

4 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

This is purely opinion right, but I think that deep in the recesses of Joe Savages mind, or perhaps not so deep, he doesn’t rate Robbie Neilson.

However his statement about winning the league whilst honourable and wishful, is pure fantasy and he shouldn’t ever repeat it.

We_are_the_Hearts

Haha possession? Is that what we are down to now. Tell

me this was sarcasm

Naisys Tackle
28 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Michael O'Neil available. 

Wont be going to any team who dont match his massive Stoke wage for 3-6 months. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

This is purely opinion right, but I think that deep in the recesses of Joe Savages mind, or perhaps not so deep, he doesn’t rate Robbie Neilson.

However his statement about winning the league whilst honourable and wishful, is pure fantasy and he shouldn’t ever repeat it.

Yeah, let's see the reaction when club come out saying we know we can't ever win league and that 3rd us the best we will ever achieve.

Definitely not what supporters will want to hear.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

At home I think we are good, winners, away, well its just shit isn't it. 

Picked up a bit last season but this one has not been much of a start

Only 21% of the time. With you however, I have a strong feeling it is a permanent state of being...

The idiots out in force tonight. Look forward to coming back on after a victory on Sunday.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Toxteth O'Grady

That’s as bad as saying we won the singing. Neilson gets the team to play boring sideways passes. He follows the management style of his big snakey pal.

7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I think it's probably right in the forefront of his every waking thought 🤣

23 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Mackay????? Really? Thought he was mince 

Will simply repeat my thoughts from another thread. His comments today about mental fatigue are ridiculous and clearly shows that him and his coaching team are not fit for purpose. 

i8masel surely on the JKB payroll for a wee backhander for these clickbait threads.

Fair play, probably pays for his crayons.

Edited by Bull's-eye

Never took 'Creeped here before' to get involved. The creepy weirdo probably has cctv in my house.

Any decent debate is welcome. Perhaps try and prove me wrong. 

There is a strong argument that , like Levein, he is a loser away from home. At Tynecastle he is largely a winner though , to his credit.

Burford Jamtart
41 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

Jesus Christ. This list is a mess.

Sorry changing this in fact your whole post is a mess. Do you watch Hearts?

Just an opinion, on a forum - I look forward to your assessment of where we are likely to end up with this current squad, and how we are progressing or not.

The OP has admitted on here before that he likes nobody.

Robbie will therefore not be shedding any crocodile tears this evening.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was downhill as soon as he went back to his usual negative ways at ER. No team ever gets to play it’s strongest 11 if they have such a thing, from the many teams and formations weve played in the ganes so far, that we’ve lost 5 of, would you say was our best team etc? 

I’d say our best team will be

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Rowles

Kingsley

Beni

Devlin

Forrest

Boyce

McKay

Shankland

Even taking Beni out of that due to the long term injury we’ve had Kingsley out since the friendlies, back for some sporadic games here & there, Devlin out at the start, Smith out at points, Halkett out since Zurich, Boyce now out all season, Gordon missed a game. That’s a hell of a lot of key men missing games already considering we’re only a month in, be very hard for any manager to come in & play consistently well with that amount of chopping & changing required week to week when, bare in mind, we’re not a team of superstars.

Also the negative Neilson stuff is a full blown myth, we were 3rd top scorers last season & look to play attacking football in the vast majority of games, sometimes we have to defend when other teams throw bodies forward like Hibs did in that final 10, that doesn’t make us a negative team.

And as for the 5 losses, one was at Parkhead, one was away to Zurich & one was at home to Zurich in a game we DOMINATED against a much more seasoned European side before Grant stupidly got sent off. The last 2 games were garbage, that’s established, no defence for that, but you can’t sack a manager with a proven track record established over 4.5 seasons at the club because of a 2 week blip, just like we didn’t sack him in February last season before going on a great run to consolidate 3rd & reach a cup final.

Never took 'Creeped here before' to get involved. The creepy weirdo probably has cctv in my house.

Any decent debate is welcome. Perhaps try and prove me wrong. 

Mathematically we can deduce what?

i8 = waank

Oh look, Hearts have hit a bad spell and here comes i8 out of his hobbit hole to celebrate. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I am always amused at these threads how its either complete attack followed by complete defence. 

Anyone that's satisfied with Hearts away form, and for quite considerable time wants their head looked at as much the clueless attacks on all and sundry. 

What I find sad about today is that it was entirely predictable based on 40 years watching the team.

I'll be back Thursday night expecting a performance.

20 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Haha possession? Is that what we are down to now. Tell

me this was sarcasm

Has to be, blagging about that embarrassing

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He's won 3 league titles as manager.

If he's a loser, I don't know what a loser is tbh. 

We haven't won a league title since 1960.

Coming top of the second division ... For Hearts meh.

4 hours ago, feej said:

Yeah mate but it's the manner of the defeats, we can all take getting beat but the defeat to Killie and today are unacceptable and inexcusable. That in the main is down in the management team, they should ensure the players are up for it, the players also should be made aware, putting their professional pride on the line each time they cross that line for Hearts. No way should we be losing to Killie and Livi without laying a glove on them.

Aww that’s absolutely fair, but calling for heads to roll over 2 DEFEATS is mental, look at Robbies record even just in the top flight compared to previous managers & tell me he should be sacked. You’d either be a liar or clueless.