Smith

Craig Herbertson

10 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

Solid. Knows the game. Gives everything. Happy he's ours.

And what an engine for an old fella.

33 isn’t that old Ffs 😂

If he looks after himself and keeps himself in top condition which he clearly does. He can easily still play at the top for another few years. 

Model professional 

I was concerned that a combination of injuries and age would catch up with Smith this season and he would become a bit of a liability. So far based on 

performance these concerns are unfounded. Playing really well and back to his best.

Reminds me a lot of Neil Berry with his versatility.  These types of players are absolutely key for the squad.

Mad Bad and Dangerous

On a completely separate note...what was Boyce's hand gestures all about after he scored his goal  ???

Smith has been the most consistent performer alongside Gordon for years. I hope he is around for a few more years yet if he looks after himself he should be able to play for a number of years to come. 

The Old Tolbooth
10 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

You know what you get with Smith - we are a better team with him in the side.

Absolutely this, he's a very versatile player and is our very own very of James Milner, he's just an absolute model pro.

John Findlay
15 hours ago, Craig Herbertson said:

Thought Smith deserved a thread. Had great game today. Unsung hero type of game.

This will sound daft to perhaps many, and not so daft to some. He reminds me alot of Jim Brown. In that he gets forward alot and Has scored the odd important goal when needed. Better defender than given credit for.