Smith

Craig Herbertson

Been very reliable every game I've seen him this season despite playing various positions.

Edited by Beave1874

been here before
33 minutes ago, Craig Herbertson said:

Thought Smith deserved a thread. Had great game today. Unsung hero type of game.

Not quite where he was a season or so ago but still Mr Reliability, a minimum 7/10 most games.

One of those players you dont necessarily notice when he's there but you sure as hell do when he's not.

Very solid in every game this year.

Those writing him off, way off the mark IMO

Total professional

A very dependable player who can play in several positions if required. Needs to avoid injury, especially with Halks being out. 

He's been a great signing and has been playing really well of late. Stabilised things when he came on against Zurich in the first leg.

He’s back to his best. I’d follow him in to the trenches, that’s for sure. A top professional for us and a good leader too. 

kingantti1874

Brilliant. Back to his best.  

I gave him a really hard time - I really wish we were Informed as to the extent of the injury he was carrying

Hearts are rampant

Played well today. 

Steady and reliable who likely would have been a help to the likes of Neilson today experience wise. I’m sure he’s also a great guy in the dressing room generally eg getting the boys back up for it today after midweek.

He was cramping up a bit after he blazed a shot over late on on Thursday night so was a wee bit surprised to see him play full 90 again today.

Edited by Hearts are rampant

been here before
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Brilliant. Back to his best.  

I gave him a really hard time - I really wish we were Informed as to the extent of the injury he was carrying

Or why not just accept he'd been injured instead of demanding to know his medical record and giving him a hard time because you dont get it.

19 minutes ago, been here before said:

Not quite where he was a season or so ago but still Mr Reliability, a minimum 7/10 most games.

One of those players you dont necessarily notice when he's there but you sure as hell do when he's not.

Was about to post the same Mr Consistent a good 7/10 most games. Great Pro. 

2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

He's been superb so far this season.

Exactly. Seemed to be keeping the more inexperienced others around him right too. Very important he’s playing so well just now. 

Michael Smith has been one of the best signings we ever made. Shame he had to play in shite teams previous to Robbie's return.

Edited by Cruyff

Love him. Always have. Wish he was 5 yrs younger. He’s what epitomises this club. Absolute feking legend for us. Gives everything and leaves nothing behind. He’s up there with the best for me. Love him

Totally agree, he’s been superb in the last few games and showed he still has plenty to offer. We’ll definitely need his experience in the European games.

Sierra Delta

Guaranteed at least 7/10 from him every week. Solid, reliable and can play a few positions. We’d be far worse off without him.

When all’s said & done I reckon he’ll go down as a cult hero in Gorgie, one of those players we’ll speak about for years to come. Stuck with us through some absolutely garbage seasons & always been a standout. Nobody in our team deserves this Euro run more & I would kill to see him lifting a trophy with us. God I wish we’d got him a few years earlier…

Jack Torrance

Solid. Knows the game. Gives everything. Happy he's ours.

And what an engine for an old fella.

Edited by Jack Torrance

Smith was tremendous. Still a great servant to the club 

Would also give full credit to Andy Halliday for his performance. He really seamlessly slots into almost any position at the drop off a hat. Another great squad player. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I think last season he wasn't 100% fit with his back not being right and I thought he might have to move down a level but this season he is proving me wrong. He does what he does well. 

Plenty would have happily seen him leave in the summer and there were suggestions he is past it. He's looking sharp to me. Having Atkinson available to rotate our RB throughout the season should hopefully allow us to keep him fresh and injury free and performing at his best.

sandylejambo

by the comments on here, it seems he is not an unsung hero after all, lots of people singing his praises and quite rightly to.

He's been a brilliant player for us. Obviously been a part of some underperforming hearts teams but he's now with a squad which matches his ability. 

Superb player and influence on our squad 👍

Give him the keys to the city. Loves Hearts, hates Hibs. Goes about his business on the park quietly, but so effectively. He’s a joy to have in the squad. 

Totally solid today. With the injuries it’s great to see him back on form.

And there was me thinking during the summer that he would be deemed surplus to requirements and gone.

Delighted to have been so wrong.

He's got better with age, can't give Robbie and his staff credit, that's not how JKB works.

Very clever game today, knows when to go forward and knows when to defend.

Thoroughly enjoy watching him plying his trade.

I spoke to him a few weeks ago (he lives local) His back injury is still there. It’s never getting fully better until he stops playing altogether. I reckon he’ll retire at the end of this season (my opinion not his words mind you) but the guy just soldiers on and plays through it. We’ll really miss him when he does hang the boots up. 

rudeskaboyuk

I have to agree. What a great game today . He just does what he needs to do . 

Totally undervalued! 

3 hours ago, mcdougg said:

Give him the keys to the city. Loves Hearts, hates Hibs. Goes about his business on the park quietly, but so effectively. He’s a joy to have in the squad. 

Your post just made me go Mmmm ...

I'll spare you the obvious song, but you've summed him up perfectly. 👍

Dick Dastardly
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

His fault for the first goal.

The one where Gordon kicked it 10 yards to a St Johnstone player? That goal? Yeah, thats would be Smith's fault. 🤔