***Official FIORENTINA Travel Thread - Meet up arrangements ***

JimmyCant

ToadKiller Dog
On 02/10/2022 at 13:05, graygo said:

Reposting this ,the BMG blogger eventually got a ticket in with the home support after the ticket he bought off the 2nd hand touts viagogo was cancelled , clear a good number of the Bmg support were in the home end , little scrap after the Germans scored , so behave and maybe ut will be ok

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Stuart Jack

• Wee Mikey

• Heartsmad1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Anyone else unable to register due to it wanting place of residence and no option to change from Italy?

There should be a drop down list or similar. 

Is the page in English? 

34 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Anyone else unable to register due to it wanting place of residence and no option to change from Italy?

I think someone said it asks if you have an Italian tax number or something and you need to say no to that first.

Apologies if not the case.

34 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

If you’re on mobile, before you fill anything in at all scroll down to the place of residence and select UK (it’s under gran britagne or something similar). That’s the only way I managed to get it to work - otherwise it works on desktop no bother at all. 

Managed to create an account, but when tryin to manually select section MAL2, it’s telling me there are no seats available there?

B9285E43-9817-42A3-AB1F-F68D968CC6E6.jpeg

1 minute ago, Mr Sifter said:

Managed to create an account, but when tryin to manually select section MAL2, it’s telling me there are no seats available there?

Correct, MAF right next to it.

Thats closed mate...you need to choose MAF.

Gorgie_Rules
23 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Chances are you’ll end up in MAL2 once in the ground.

Seats in MAF went like hot cakes today, around 750 seats left in the section to the left of it, safe to assume its all Hearts fans in MAF

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

Earlier today v now.

Edit: sorry, didn't work as I'm on my phone and don't know what I'm doing. 😄

Edited by graygo

2 hours ago, Stuart Jack said:

Fairly strict normally. For me personally, I've nearly always been checked, searched and ID'd over the years' and that's as a home fan in Fiorentina colours entering the Curva! Quizzed or chatted to but speaking a bit of Italian helped. Main stand not so severe though.

Calm, polite and courteous is the key approach I would say.

Evening Stuart, Do they just physically check your ticket against your ID document? Or do they scan your ticket which then gives them all the other info to check your ID document fully eg dob, gender etc. 

100% not letting Hearts fans into MAF, I’d rather watch it in a boozer than risk causing any drama in the home end.

If that was Tynie we’d be greetin’ our tits off.

3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

100% not letting Hearts fans into MAF, I’d rather watch it in a boozer than risk causing any drama in the home end.

If the whole Roseburn fans was empty and fans of a team we don’t care about started buying tickets next to the away end I really don’t think we’d be greetin our tits off.

definitely worth going up an hour before kick off, and if not successful head back into town. Think there will probably be some comms before the game. 

17 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

That thought occurred to me as well. 

Quick question to our Italian friend. Would you recommend booking train tickets in advance from Bologna to Florence or can you just buy them at the station?

21 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

They’ve let fans of other clubs buy tickets for that section and allowed them entry. Why not Hearts?

No one knows what will happen. Your ‘100%….’ isn’t helpful.

3 hours ago, Stuart Jack said:

Fairly strict normally. For me personally, I've nearly always been checked, searched and ID'd over the years' and that's as a home fan in Fiorentina colours entering the Curva! Quizzed or chatted to but speaking a bit of Italian helped. Main stand not so severe though.

Calm, polite and courteous is the key approach I would say.

Stuart, do kids need ID , will they be checked?…..our 14 year old doesn’t have anything apart from a passport and don’t fancy carrying the a round on the night……will kids be checked as well?

20 minutes ago, graygo said:

Take 190 off this and you'll get an idea of how many bought today.431024520_Screenshot2022-10-03at14_35_35.thumb.png.7a8c46e6980f938f8759c48b01f46e1e.png.a0a87cc1aa833ba6681c42457f5b634b.png

254 total but I’ve not included the front 30 as I don’t think that was for sale. 
Not sure if the 190 figure includes that or not. 

29 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

you moaned about only having eight points and when a solution is found keep moaning!😀

6 minutes ago, gjcc said:

254 total but I’ve not included the front 30 as I don’t think that was for sale. 
Not sure if the 190 figure includes that or not. 

Well done, my eyes were coming together trying to count it. 😄

Shooter McGavin
33 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

If Fiorentina, the Italian authorities, Florence council etc had any brains about them, they’d communicate to the fans who have both bought tickets in MAF, and are registered as being from the UK, and direct them to one of the 6 empty sections in the “Railway End”

31 minutes ago, Weonly151 said:

Quick question to our Italian friend. Would you recommend booking train tickets in advance from Bologna to Florence or can you just buy them at the station?

Tickets are dearer on the day than booking online, even just the night before is cheaper.

And no need to queue. 

3 minutes ago, Super T said:

Tickets are dearer on the day than booking online, even just the night before is cheaper.

And no need to queue. 

Not sure how long it will take to clear passport control etc though , and get into Bologna…we are due to land around 1 on Wednesday afternoon, so no idea what time train to book from Bologna 

8 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

I’m still of a mind that I should be getting loyalty points for home games,  400 miles round trip ffs,  a lot of our regulars don’t put that mileage in per season.

Mine is 420 mile round trip up and down the shitty A9! I deserve more 😂

Thanks for all the replies guys, managed to secure four tickets in MAF. Anyone hazard a guess at how many Hearts fans will be in there, judging by the chat on here this last day or two? (sorry, just catching up with this thread).

Thanks for all the replies guys, managed to secure four tickets in MAF. Anyone hazard a guess at how many Hearts fans will be in there, judging by the chat on here this last day or two? (sorry, just catching up with this thread).

I’d say there will be a fair few, me and my mate got tickets in their the other day, will be plenty of us…….if we get in 😇

cheerupshuanmaloney
19 hours ago, Wee Andy said:

Sure it's not the 7.15am flight with Ryan air? My flight is Manchester to Rome at 07:15 on Wednesday with Ryan Air. Travelling down to Manchester on the train next Tuesday

Just checked and the flight and aye it is 7:15.

Shooter McGavin
9 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

MAA - 818 seats left

MAB - 764 seats left

MAC - 712 seats left

MAD - 785 seats left

MAE - 799 seats left

MAF - 170 seats left

So on that basis, there might be about 500+ of us that have bought tickets for MAF 😂

Edited by Shooter McGavin

6 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

MAA - 818 seats left
MAB - 712 seats left

MAD - 785 seats left

MAE - 799 seats left

MAF - 170 seats left

So on that basis, there might be about 500+ of us that have bought tickets for MAF 😂

QUALITY!

1 hour ago, moz said:

Stuart, do kids need ID , will they be checked?…..our 14 year old doesn’t have anything apart from a passport and don’t fancy carrying the a round on the night……will kids be checked as well?

Yes, even kids need a passport as they won't have a driving licence. Nor an ID card like Italians do. You'll all need to carry it if you want entry.

Just now, Stuart Jack said:

Yes, even kids need a passport as they won't have a driving licence. Nor an ID card like Italians do. You'll all need to carry it if you want entry.

Stuart, can I ask, although weve given our passport details to purchase the tickets, can we use a driving licence on the day for ID purposes? would feel a lot better if I didnt have to carry my passport around all day eh.

1 hour ago, Weonly151 said:

Advance like anywhere will give peace if mind but depends on demand. Not sure if cheaper. Be sure to 'validate' (stamp it) in yellow machine on platform before boarding.

15 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

MAA - 818 seats left

MAB - 764 seats left

MAC - 712 seats left

MAD - 785 seats left

MAE - 799 seats left

MAF - 170 seats left

Agreed, I make it 540 👍

5 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Stuart, can I ask, although weve given our passport details to purchase the tickets, can we use a driving licence on the day for ID purposes? would feel a lot better if I didnt have to carry my passport around all day eh.

I'll answer for him, he won't mind.

The ticket doesn't have your passport number on it so yes driving licence is ok.

Just now, graygo said:

I'll answer for him, he won't mind.

The ticket doesn't have your passport number on it so yes driving licence is ok.

Aww thats great if thats the case Graygo, thanks for that. Feel a bit better now. Imagine waking up hungover tae **** and not knowing where your passport was ooft.

2 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Sure. Both UK passport and driving licence (as long as up-to-date and with photo) are valid. Kids will obviously have to have passport. 

A tip is to take a scan or copy of passport with you and leave in hotel or campsite just in case it does go missing. Also, when checking in, they legally will need a copy of it too and charge you a small city tourist tax fee. This is normal procedure.

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

:vrface:

13 minutes ago, Stuart Jack said:

Sure. Both UK passport and driving licence (as long as up-to-date and with photo) are valid. Kids will obviously have to have passport. 

A tip is to take a scan or copy of passport with you and leave in hotel or campsite just in case it does go missing. Also, when checking in, they legally will need a copy of it too and charge you a small city tourist tax fee. This is normal procedure.

thanks again mate. Another wee point if you don’t mind. I’ve just paid €25 for my ticket, but see some others on here saying they’ve paid €20. Did I get the right one? On the drop down menu, I selected the Intera Prevondito tickets. The €20 ones were “Interia Inviolo Time”. A quick Google translate had me thinkin the €20 required some sort of loyalty card or somethin. Have I got that wrong?

thanks again mate. Another wee point if you don’t mind. I’ve just paid €25 for my ticket, but see some others on here saying they’ve paid €20. Did I get the right one? On the drop down menu, I selected the Intera Prevondito tickets. The €20 ones were “Interia Inviolo Time”. A quick Google translate had me thinkin the €20 required some sort of loyalty card or somethin. Have I got that wrong?

It was €20 in the away end, €25 in the home end for non members, IE. you.

19 minutes ago, Stuart Jack said:

I can confirm that last part as our Airbnb host wants me to email over ID details once we're there.

Yes. You've got the standard pre-sale ticket. There's a €5 discount with an 'InViola' card but that's a loyalty card for home fans. Not worth it in any case if only going to one match as it costs €10 

2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

100 % there will be hearts fans in the home end .. the question is how many get in ..

It happens at most games where away fans can't all get in and will definitely happen this game

The smart move might be to buy at different sections and then making it a lot more hassle for the police not to let folk in 

If everyone tries in the same section and it's all over the internet ,it's pretty easy for them to police and stop ( if they want to )

1 hour ago, cheerupshuanmaloney said:

Just checked and the flight and aye it is 7:15.

Ill be there. Getting the train to Manchester from Waverley on Tuesday at 14:12

3 hours ago, Armageddon said:

'Drama in the home end'.  That's an absolute belter.🤣 It's you that's being a 'drama queen'.  Think it was you that said you only had 8 loyalty points!🤣 Anything you slaver should be deposited into the shit tip.

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Official FIORENTINA Travel Thread - Meet up arrangements ***