War of Two Halves/ Sweet FA

GlynnSnodin4-2

I was at the 3.30 show today. Had grit in my eye a few times. Memorial garden was the worse. Never noticed before my dad's plaque is near Paddy Crossan's.

Finally saw War of Two Halves last night - held back the tears but not by much! Great work from all involved. 

23 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

Thanks. I live in spain but I'm over for the weekend so I'll try to catch Saturdays show. 

You will not be disappointed. Well worth the effort, believe me ... and the other posters.

It's not 'just' a Hearts thing.

Take your Kleenex!!!

16 hours ago, gordon simpson said:

just back from sweet fa what a great performance , few great laughs and some tear jerkers 

Agreed!!

Doctor FinnBarr

Went at one today, brilliant. No idea how the director got the rain to come on just as a cast member was wringing out a sock and complaining about how wet the trenches were. Made it all seem a bit more real.

Well done guys and girl.

2 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Went at one today, brilliant. No idea how the director got the rain to come on just as a cast member was wringing out a sock and complaining about how wet the trenches were. Made it all seem a bit more real.

Well done guys and girl.

Amazing what special effects can do these days. 

Doctor FinnBarr
18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Amazing what special effects can do these days. 

Tell that to the old wife that was at the gap in the tarp and got soaked,lol

12 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Tell that to the old wife that was at the gap in the tarp and got soaked,lol

Oh dear. 🥸

tolcross lad

My wife and I were there today.Great theatre and emotional.Whilst inclusive of other clubs and their supporters this play projected Heart of Midlothian positively to a wider audience.I reckoned at least half of the audience were visitors to the city and from what I could gather they were very impressed.If our club had not meant something to them before it certainly will now.

I read McCraes Battalion years ago.I dug it out tonight.Time for another read.

Theme From Sparta F.C.

I was at the 8.30pm performance tonight.

Wow!!! What a brilliant bit of theatre.

I could feel myself getting emotional during the first scene!! Then the tears were flowing by the time they were in the trenches.

Brilliant acting by the Crew.

(Thank you Boys and Girl)

They brought it to life, and you felt that you were taken back in time and were actually there.

Our Clubs history makes you so proud to be a Jambo. They gave so much for us all.

That's what makes Heart of Midlothian Football Club so so special. :love:

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Great news went just before Covid with the wife very emotional and hankies definitely required 

Thanks all for the kind words about the shows. As always, we’re proud and humbled by it all. Nice to be nominated and recognised within the theatre community as well. 

And thanks for your all your support, this year and previously. We’ll be back next year with something new… watch this space!

Cheers,

Boba ❤️