War of Two Halves/ Sweet FA

GlynnSnodin4-2

GlynnSnodin4-2

Hello folks, 

Just to say that there is an offer available for both of the Fringe shows at Tynecastle for 2for1 tickets.  

For Sweet FA this runs for every performance until we finish on the 23rd August.  

For AWOTH - its a limited offer on some of the 1pm shows.   

We've been much quieter than usual this year so any help/support spreading the word would be much appreciated.  Unlikely we'll do AWOTH again next year so be 2024 at the earliest if/when returns. 

Thanks!

(Pic of the cast with Colin Cameron who was in tonight!)

IMG-20220815-WA0003.jpg

John Findlay
49 minutes ago, GlynnSnodin4-2 said:

Hello folks, 

Just to say that there is an offer available for both of the Fringe shows at Tynecastle for 2for1 tickets.  

For Sweet FA this runs for every performance until we finish on the 23rd August.  

For AWOTH - its a limited offer on some of the 1pm shows.   

We've been much quieter than usual this year so any help/support spreading the word would be much appreciated.  Unlikely we'll do AWOTH again next year so be 2024 at the earliest if/when returns. 

Thanks!

(Pic of the cast with Colin Cameron who was in tonight!)

IMG-20220815-WA0003.jpg

Will be part of your audience for your 15.30 show this coming Saturday the 20th. There will be three of us. Myself my partner( who will be coming up from Stoke-on-Trent), and my 14yrs old son.

Very much looking forward to this.

PS. Great picture of you all with Colin Cameron.

Edited by John Findlay

21 minutes ago, GlynnSnodin4-2 said:

Yes ST holders get the concession price for AWOTH or the 2for1 deals as above. 👍

I didn’t realise it was back on and only in Edinburgh until Wednesday morning. I have just looked on the website to book for tomorrow evening and it doesn’t mention anything in the concession bit about ST holders? If I book consessions will it be okay, we are both ST holders. 
Very glad you posted this as I have been wanting to see it but can never get down when it’s been on before. 

John Findlay
25 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

I didn’t realise it was back on and only in Edinburgh until Wednesday morning. I have just looked on the website to book for tomorrow evening and it doesn’t mention anything in the concession bit about ST holders? If I book consessions will it be okay, we are both ST holders. 
Very glad you posted this as I have been wanting to see it but can never get down when it’s been on before. 

Yvonne, the concession for ST holders is there through Hearts E tickets when you click on AWOTH. You will see it.

GlynnSnodin4-2
29 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Yes you can book the concession rate - from the universe site and that will be fine 👍

18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Was at AWOTH on Friday. Excellent once again. 

Me too Dave. I was the eejit that accidentally turned the lights off in the dressing room….🙄Play was excellent though. 

Took my 10 year old to see AWOTH on Thursday.

What a great production, story told superbly and every actor was first class.

Even if you weren't a Jambo you would still love it.

Closing scene would bring a tear to a glass eye.

10 stars !

Saw it for the 2nd time last night and was very choked with emotion several times. Very emotive and poignant. Great performances by the cast and great use of tynecastle as a venue.

We can’t make it now tonight but hope it does run again and I’m not sure if anyone can use tickets bought? 

Didn't realise ST got discount but went to see it Saturday and it was well worth the full price anyway    Well done to all involved told the story very well and with emotion 

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, Jamborose said:

Didn't realise ST got discount but went to see it Saturday and it was well worth the full price anyway    

Same here. I booked 2 full priced tickets the other day for the 15.30 on Friday 26th.

Going for lunch first in the Skyline 

GlynnSnodin4-2

Thanks for all the kind comments folks.  Highly unlikely we'll do either show again next year - so 2024 at the earliest if you don't catch it now. 

Jambo 4 Ever
14 hours ago, GlynnSnodin4-2 said:

Thanks for all the kind comments folks.  Highly unlikely we'll do either show again next year - so 2024 at the earliest if you don't catch it now. 

Is it possible to watch it online for those who can’t make it in person? (Pay to watch it I mean)

On 16/08/2022 at 23:47, GlynnSnodin4-2 said:

I've seen both shows and they are excellent productions, I'd recommend both to anyone who hasn't seen them yet.

As a matter of interest, do you have any plans to produce a show in 2024 to mark the 150th anniversary of Hearts?  It would seem like an obvious thing to do, a bunch of young laddies who decide to form a football team and name it after the dance hall they frequent on a Saturday night, and progress from kicking about at the Meadows to eventually establishing their own 'stadium' at Tynecastle.  It would be like a prequel to AWOTH.

Jack Torrance

AWOTH is excellent.  We went to the later showing and with light fading,  it gave it an eerie atmosphere. A great performance. 

Add me to the fans of AWOTH.

Saw it a couple of weeks ago, and it's amazing. The settings within and around Tynecastle are inspired, and really add to the feel and emotion of the play.

My eldest and I (both Jambos) loved, but my wife and other sons (Dons fans) really enjoyed it as well.

My wife has told lots of people about it and was equally impressed with the setting and emotion...

100% recommended

I have seen both, which are equally great, and I know I will go again at some point in the future.

That is one of the main issues trying to get people in the door. The vast majority of people going will either be jambos, who take friends or family, but the reality is you are unlikely to get many Hibs or any other teams fans going, due to it being about Hearts.

I know there other teams players involved in the battalion, but being truthful, I couldn’t see myself visiting Easter Road for example for a similar story. We just have to keep spreading the word, as I know several people who aren’t big football fans went, and enjoyed the whole story. Having an allegiance to a team possibly might stop them getting the crowds they fully deserve.

GlynnSnodin4-2
11 hours ago, RobNox said:

I've seen both shows and they are excellent productions, I'd recommend both to anyone who hasn't seen them yet.

As a matter of interest, do you have any plans to produce a show in 2024 to mark the 150th anniversary of Hearts?  It would seem like an obvious thing to do, a bunch of young laddies who decide to form a football team and name it after the dance hall they frequent on a Saturday night, and progress from kicking about at the Meadows to eventually establishing their own 'stadium' at Tynecastle.  It would be like a prequel to AWOTH.

We're looking at what to do for 2024 - we've got a few ideas and you're right the early story of the club is a rich ground.  Will probably depend on us finding some sponsorship/ funding though as these things are very expensive hobbies!

GlynnSnodin4-2
2 hours ago, daftie said:

I have seen both, which are equally great, and I know I will go again at some point in the future.

That is one of the main issues trying to get people in the door. The vast majority of people going will either be jambos, who take friends or family, but the reality is you are unlikely to get many Hibs or any other teams fans going, due to it being about Hearts.

I know there other teams players involved in the battalion, but being truthful, I couldn’t see myself visiting Easter Road for example for a similar story. We just have to keep spreading the word, as I know several people who aren’t big football fans went, and enjoyed the whole story. Having an allegiance to a team possibly might stop them getting the crowds they fully deserve.

Interestingly we have the whole Hibs Women's squad coming to Sweet FA tomorrow night which is great as that story is definitely more universal...

We really appreciate all support it's been very difficult this year as numbers are way down  - so anything folk can do to spread the word is brilliant and increases the likelihood of us being able to do more in the future 👍

That’s brilliant the Hibs womens are all going. You deserve as much support as possible. 

What you guys put on is phenomenal. A bit late for this year, but maybe it is worth seeing if the club will try and give discount to those going to the Skyline lounge and either of your shows on the same day. Make it an offer to try and entice more people to go to the restaurant and your shows. 

That sounds all very simplistic I know, but we booked into the skyline and Sweet FA on the same day. The only problem is the Skyline is only open Thu-Sun. Anyway if generating more traffic to both would be beneficial. 

Seen Sweet FA last night. Excellent.   Quite a few women in , sounded like they were Australian...

1 hour ago, Tams bird said:

Seen Sweet FA last night. Excellent.   Quite a few women in , sounded like they were Australian...

Seen both last night also. Amazing as usual :thumbsup:

Jambo 4 Ever
12 hours ago, Tams bird said:

Yeh was good

The Scottish FA parts were the best I thought

Still think hearts womens team should play more at tynecastle  

Went to AWOTH on opening night for my birthday and it was fantastic. Been recommending it to everyone I know.  Almost everyone in the audience sniffling in the memorial garden afterwards 

John Findlay

Saw a War of two halves yesterday afternoon. I can only say what others have said before me. An excellent show.

The whole cast are excellent. To those in two minds, just one word, go.

GlynnSnodin4-2

Thanks folks - your support very much appreciated - we finish next Monday and there are still tickets available for most performances - including the later 8.30 shows of AWOTH next weekend -  they are particularly atmospheric.  

Sweet FA finishes on Tuesday night - to allow for the stage to be taken down for Thursday.

Tickets:  https://www.universe.com/users/heart-of-midlothian-football-club-heritage-4GP5VW.  And on the door too.  

Last chance to see them for a couple of years at least.

Doctor FinnBarr
On 21/08/2022 at 09:28, GlynnSnodin4-2 said:

Thanks folks - your support very much appreciated - we finish next Monday and there are still tickets available for most performances - including the later 8.30 shows of AWOTH next weekend -  they are particularly atmospheric.  

Sweet FA finishes on Tuesday night - to allow for the stage to be taken down for Thursday.

Tickets:  https://www.universe.com/users/heart-of-midlothian-football-club-heritage-4GP5VW.  And on the door too.  

Last chance to see them for a couple of years at least.

Got tickets for the final Monday afternoon, really looking forward to it.

Was at  AWOTH last Thursday and thought it was even better than before going to  SweetFA tomorrow night 

4 hours ago, Tams bird said:

AWOTH  £10 at 1 pm and 3.30 pm  today just pay at the door.  (1874 bar ). 

Fringe site shows tickets are 23.25?

GlynnSnodin4-2
3 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

Fringe site shows tickets are 23.25?

Season Ticket holders can book a concession price and there's 20% off the 1pm shows.  

Only 3 days of shows left...  Friday, Saturday and Monday.  

Last night of Sweet FA tonight at 7.45 - 2for1 on the door 👍

https://www.universe.com/events/a-war-of-two-halves-tickets-H092TQ

15 minutes ago, GlynnSnodin4-2 said:

Season Ticket holders can book a concession price and there's 20% off the 1pm shows.  

Only 3 days of shows left...  Friday, Saturday and Monday.  

Last night of Sweet FA tonight at 7.45 - 2for1 on the door 👍

https://www.universe.com/events/a-war-of-two-halves-tickets-H092TQ

Thanks. I live in spain but I'm over for the weekend so I'll try to catch Saturdays show.