Tony Watt v Jack Ross

Chaps

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Chaps said:

If rumour are true…

We’ve played a part in their downfall.

:jjyay: 

Both Ex Hearts employees, show some respect. 

Nah **** them and their employer 😆

3 minutes ago, Chaps said:

If rumour are true…

Haha, he's a talented guy but Watt is never ever going to settle and have a real go at it, it would appear.  Has Hibs written all over him, really.  Maybe needs to be a bit more washed up first, right enough (not as in washed up, clean, that would be the opposite)

Don't mind Jack Ross at all and think he was treated badly at Hibs, Tony Watt has been awful since signing and seemed to find yesterday amusing, strange guy

Tony Watt looks like he’s towing a caravan these days. Not particularly fat or anything like that, but just cumbersome compared to his time with us. 

(probably got a BMI about five time lower than mine tho, so shouldnae really pass comment I suppose 🤪)

All roads lead to Gorgie

Tony Watt seemed to have finally found a club that suited him, ie Motherwell but chose to continue his drifting about career. Strange decision to move when he did, money played a part I suppose but he will playing for someone like Raith Rovers in the not too distant future.

Fort Vallance
2 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

There is something incredibly sleazy about Ross. In saying that he was treated deplorably by Hibs

It looks like he was but who knows what was going on in the background. When Ross left us a lot of people thought he'd got a raw deal. But again we don't actually know.

4 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

There is something incredibly sleazy about Ross. In saying that he was treated deplorably by Hibs

I agree with both points. 

10 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

There is something incredibly sleazy about Ross. 

I think it’s just his face, his hair, his clothes, his shoes, his eyes, his hands, his voice and his wet lips.

I don't know Tony Watt and have no idea what he like as a person.  However it is clear that he is not great in the dressing room and he clearly lacks, focus, application and loyalty.

Source:

13 clubs in 13 years!

Lone Striker

Twatt's career -

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2009–2011 Airdrie United 15 (3)
2011–2014 Celtic 25 (7)
2013–2014  Lierse (loan) 15 (9)
2014–2015 Standard Liège 13 (2)
2015–2017 Charlton Athletic 53 (9)
2015–2016  Cardiff City (loan) 9 (2)
2016  Blackburn Rovers (loan) 9 (1)
2016  Heart of Midlothian (loan) 16 (1)
2017–2018 OH Leuven 11 (1)
2018–2019 St Johnstone 29 (3)
2019–2020 CSKA Sofia 13 (3)
2020–2022 Motherwell 58 (13)
2022– Dundee United 18 (1)

Its a bit Lafferty-ish  .....except KL's scoring record at Hearts was very good.

I didn't realise Twatt was almost 1 in 4 at Motherwell.  Meh or worse everywhere else. 

But..... oh, that goal against Barca    🤣

33 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Michael smith ripped the piss out him a few times on Sunday, very amusing to see. 

The nick of him at the end was shocking, and here's me telling the wee man that Watt had scored against Barca and had great ability. Deserved a kick on the shins aswell for his socks.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Soon find out if he is transported back to Motherwell or maybe try St Mirren for a change

Ricardo Quaresma

Well, no sympathy for ross, he was interviewed for the Hearts job and the shite on the same day, IIRC

Don't think he chose the shite; we never chose him; we chose Stendel

1 hour ago, Chaps said:

If rumour are true…

Brilliant line - well done Watt, ya big fat lazy fud.

Ricardo Quaresma

Will state this, though, watt is a dumb ass, with nowhere near the intellect of ross

ross is still seemingly distracted by every piece of skirt that walks by, though :rofl:

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
typo

RustyRightPeg
24 minutes ago, micole said:

As I said in another thread Tony Watt is one of the laziest player I have seen. If true I don't blame JR for having a go at him.

Yep. He’s talented no doubt but his attitude stinks on the pitch. 

FWIW I think Ross is a decent manager. He was doing a decent job at Hibs and they probably wouldn’t be in the state they’re in if he wasn’t sacked. 

Personality wise I’m not so sure, always comes across quite bitter about us, maybe because we pied him for the job I don’t know. 

40 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Tony Watt seemed to have finally found a club that suited him, ie Motherwell but chose to continue his drifting about career. Strange decision to move when he did, money played a part I suppose but he will playing for someone like Raith Rovers in the not too distant future.

Yup, thought he seemed to finally seem settled at Motherwell. He keeps himself busy off the park and being at Motherwell, clearly local, was helping him. He seemed to actually enjoy his football there. Watching him yesterday reminded me of when he played for us. Just didn't seem in the slightest bit interested. Football seems like a job to him. He knows he's never going to hit the heights he was once tipped, but rather than make peace with it and still use his clear ability to make a career for himself, he seems to just go through the motions. A player that will be retired within 2-3 years and will rarely be seen post-retirement. 

£4k a week he's on too apparently. :rofl: 

That was a shambles of a performance.

The gameplan was confused and ragged. The substitutions too. So fair enough to give some feedback to the coach. 

Holyrood_Hearts
50 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Michael smith ripped the piss out him a few times on Sunday, very amusing to see. 

I noticed them talking a lot to each other through the game. Sure he megged Watt during the 2nd half 

Watt is an odd player. When he was with us, I actually thought he always tried very hard but had absolutely zero end product. Always appeared to be out of position in some sort of floating role in advanced midfield. Thought he could have been an effective striker for us, at a time we needed one. To me, thought he actually came across as a hard working player who ultimately did very little. 

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Watt is an odd player. When he was with us, I actually thought he always tried very hard but had absolutely zero end product. Always appeared to be out of position in some sort of floating role in advanced midfield. Thought he could have been an effective striker for us, at a time we needed one. To me, thought he actually came across as a hard working player who ultimately did very little. 

Technically brilliant player, but has the footballing brain of a simple-minded budgie.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, August Landmesser said:

Technically brilliant player, but has the footballing brain of a simple-minded budgie.

Yeah he plays playground football. 

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

I think it’s just his face, his hair, his clothes, his shoes, his eyes, his hands, his voice and his wet lips.

F07B88D4-9E1B-49EE-B0B4-77F2ECD8F4B1.jpeg

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I seen Harkes going mental at Ross asking him to change something.

Very pleasing.

The fans were booing his subs too, after 5 games 😆🤣

A_A wehatethehibs

TWatt was an idiot for leaving Motherwell tbqh, that looked like the right team right club where he could finally perform and reach his potential. But it’s all about a fast buck I suppose. Flop of a career.

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Twatt's career -

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2009–2011 Airdrie United 15 (3)
2011–2014 Celtic 25 (7)
2013–2014  Lierse (loan) 15 (9)
2014–2015 Standard Liège 13 (2)
2015–2017 Charlton Athletic 53 (9)
2015–2016  Cardiff City (loan) 9 (2)
2016  Blackburn Rovers (loan) 9 (1)
2016  Heart of Midlothian (loan) 16 (1)
2017–2018 OH Leuven 11 (1)
2018–2019 St Johnstone 29 (3)
2019–2020 CSKA Sofia 13 (3)
2020–2022 Motherwell 58 (13)
2022– Dundee United 18 (1)

Its a bit Lafferty-ish  .....except KL's scoring record at Hearts was very good.

I didn't realise Twatt was almost 1 in 4 at Motherwell.  Meh or worse everywhere else. 

But..... oh, that goal against Barca    🤣

Perfect club for him then. Papped out by Alkmaar but ohhh that result against Barcelona.

2 hours ago, Libertarian said:

High likelihood he's got a front page headline in him at some point. 

Watt was dreadful yesterday. Seemed to lack any redeeming qualities you'd want in a player. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Did Watt not sign a pre-contract? if so it was Courts who wanted him, probably a player and manager not clicking. I think it was pre Alexander's time at Motherwell when Watt was doing OK so it would be Robinson who got the best out of the player.

2 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

The nutmeg in the second half was a peach. Hopefully a megnuts t shirt on its way

I think the guy who posted it is a Hibs’ fan who hates Jack Ross. And I think he’s just made it up for a laugh 👀

Michael Smith absolutely ruined Watt yesterday. He'll be having nightmares about him all week. Was almost as good as Halliday and Mueller. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Is TWatt smart enough to come up with ASOS Ancelotti?

My money is firmly on :nozal:

Edited by tian447

All roads lead to Gorgie

Players who play with their socks rolled down have to be good otherwise they just look lazy or unfit. The only player at Tannadice to carry off the look was Paul Sturrock back in the day.