51 Hibs

49 draws

Neutral:

6 Hearts 

Total:

146 Hearts

99 draws

86 Hibs

Remember all those draws are Hibs wins so they actually have a better derby record than us 

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Remember all those draws are Hibs wins so they actually have a better derby record than us 

😄

Three draws in a year vs. Hearts.

Little wonder they're "exuberant".

Smoked-Glass
36 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

This is a thread about the fact that Hibs haven’t beaten us since 2019, take your pish elsewhere & stop stinking the place out with your humming takes

Ooo great thread, not beaten us since the LAST week of 2019 ..and we took a year out.

This place should be hurting after we neilsoned it yesterday 

AC Mallin_51
1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Neilson's tactics almost cost us extra time in the semi...v 10 men.

Should be attacking a weak team like hibs..bomb scare at the back

To be fair the fact that day was a lot more uncomfortable than it should’ve been was because the players couldnt stayed switched on for 60 seconds after our second and Boyce not burying a great chance before half time

4 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Ooo great thread, not beaten us since the LAST week of 2019 ..and we took a year out.

Take it easy, bud.

It was a huge disappointment to squander a derby win but nobody died.

It brassed me off, still does a bit, but dwelling on it is pointless.

They emailing, scuttling, yobs will get what's coming to them soon enough.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, martoon said:

Tynecastle:

76 Hearts

50 draws

35 Hibs

ER:

64 Hearts

51 Hibs

49 draws

Neutral:

6 Hearts 

Total:

146 Hearts

99 draws

86 Hibs

Cheers 

3rd in a two horse race confirmed. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

KyleLafferty
8 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Surely Neilsoned it means two Scottish cup semi final wins against them and 2 3rd place finishes in the league? I’ll take that. 

7 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

You on the pitch at FT yesterday I take it?

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Cheers 

👍

A pleasure.

I love a derby stat.

AC Mallin_51
7 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

Surely Neilsoned it means two Scottish cup semi final wins against them and 2 3rd place finishes in the league? I’ll take that. 

Also just to put it out there I don’t think the 2020 semi final gets anywhere near enough credit. Under the circumstances that was a truly massive result, Hibs should still be spewing they never beat us that night because there’s absolutely no reason why they shouldn’t have 

16 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Neilsoned it?? Utter slaver. 

3 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Also just to put it out there I don’t think the 2020 semi final gets anywhere near enough credit. Under the circumstances that was a truly massive result, Hibs should still be spewing they never beat us that night because there’s absolutely no reason why they shouldn’t have 

Well, apart from them being Hibs, in a derby, against Hearts. 😃 

Take your point, though.

Under the circs it was all there for them.

Brilliant. 

AC Mallin_51
1 minute ago, martoon said:

Well, apart from them being Hibs, in a derby, against Hearts. 😃 

Take your point, though.

Under the circs it was all there for them.

Brilliant. 

To be fair in the end the fact they were hibs in a derby is the reason that they lost 😂 bottled it as per

Smoked-Glass
11 minutes ago, martoon said:

Take it easy, bud.

Ok thanks for setting me straight.. and breath 

3 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Ok thanks for setting me straight.. and breath 

😊

Bit of an overreaction, disappointing not to win the game but we didn't do a lot wrong tbh and just got poked in the eye at the end.

We are on the right trajectory and they look like they are peddling backwards. I would expect the 7 in a row to be extended .

1 hour ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Absolutely. Biggest bottle-job there’s been in a derby.

Demoted.

Seriously financially impacted.

Had to sell half our team. 
2 months behind in preparations

Forced to stop training in the run up.

Craig Wighton.

Mihai Popescu.

Whilst Hibs were supposedly flying in the top league and fending off multi-million pound offers for there superstars.

Hearts win 🤣

Arthur Morgan
3 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

They're not beating us this season and yes you are free to bookmark this.

Agreed. 

On 07/08/2022 at 17:08, JALBO said:

Disappointing of course, as it should have been a win - but the story so far in the 2020s;

Hearts 4 wins
Hibs 0 wins
Draw 3

7 in row can't be all that far away from their best against us. Guessng it will be 12 or 13

Edited by tcjambo

39 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

7 in row can't be all that far away from their best against us. Guessng it will be 12 or 13

12 is their best.

They were unbeaten between our 4-1 win in September 1973 and 2-1 at ER in November 1978.

I was 5 in 73, and have no real recollection of the 4-1.

I wasn't at ER in 78 but I do remember my old dad and I celebrating when the FT was confirmed on the Grandstand vidiprinter thing.

1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

Unbeaten runs of 6 or longer

Hibs

11 - 1925-1930

10 - 1969-1973

12 - 1974-1978 (they lost 1 game in 23 from 1969-1978)

9 - 2014-2017

Hearts

9 - 1900-1904

6 - 1905-1907 (1 defeat in 16 from 1900-1907)

12 - 1911-1915

7 - 1916-1919 (1 defeat in 20 from 1911-1919)

9 - 1929-1934

7 - 1935-1938 (1 defeat in 17 from 1929-1938)

7 - 1949-1952

7 - 1961-1964

17 - 1983-1987

22 - 1989-1994 (3 defeats in 45 from 1983-1994)

8 - 1996-1998

12 - 2009-2012

7 - 2020-present

Edited by Stanley_

21 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

Hibs

11 - 1925-1930

10 - 1969-1973

9 - 2014-2017

Hearts

9 - 1900-1904

12 - 1911-1915

9 - 1929-1934

7 - 1949-1952

7 - 1961-1964

17 - 1983-1987

8 - 1996-1998

12 - 2009-2012

7 - 2020-present

Love this. So they’ve had 3 runs that reached double figures in their entire history, just like they’ve had 3 Scottish Cups. 
You don’t have to be that old to have seen 3 Hearts runs to double figures and 3 Scottish Cups. 
My first derby was the win in 1978. 
Funny to be typing that last line tonight. I was only at ER because my Mum took my sister to see Grease (RIP, Olivia Newton-John) that very day and my Dad was coerced into taking me to the football! 

RottingdeanJambo

As I mentioned on a different thread the other week, I don’t post too often and apologies If this had already been mentioned, but I had a wee look at H1b5s.net s few minutes ago. They’re accusing of us having Hearts’d it. Maybe fair comment on the day - but some mug quotes us losing 3 out of 4 SC finals lately. No word about us doing them in two of the semis. Total arseholes, and by the way, the lighters and chips being flung on the park was a total disgrace. Well done on your point you total melts….! 

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, RottingdeanJambo said:

They’re accusing of us having Hearts’d it. Maybe fair comment on the day 

No no no, they don't understand what Hibsing it means in that case. Conceding a last minute equaliser happens every week, all over the world. It's tough, but it's very common.

What is far far less common is for one side to take a 3-2 lead in the last minute of a derby away from home, then increase that lead to 4-2 in injury time, then end up drawing the match. THAT is Hibsing it.

Watt-Zeefuik
9 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

gazeuponme.jpg.6f6b6a2d8cb07d26499cbaf5d04b8b68.jpg

9 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Did they not start their we own this city or whatever shit it was after 6 undefeated ( think about 5 were draws 🤣 ) after a young superstar striker ( he disappeared into oblivion not long after it ) scored the winner in the last derby of the  season and was mouthing off in the press.

5 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

No no no, they don't understand what Hibsing it means in that case. Conceding a last minute equaliser happens every week, all over the world. It's tough, but it's very common.

What is far far less common is for one side to take a 3-2 lead in the last minute of a derby away from home, then increase that lead to 4-2 in injury time, then end up drawing the match. THAT is Hibsing it.

And they not only do it against us where they not 6-4 up against Motherwell and drew it.

AC Mallin_51
7 hours ago, RottingdeanJambo said:

As I mentioned on a different thread the other week, I don’t post too often and apologies If this had already been mentioned, but I had a wee look at H1b5s.net s few minutes ago. They’re accusing of us having Hearts’d it. Maybe fair comment on the day - but some mug quotes us losing 3 out of 4 SC finals lately. No word about us doing them in two of the semis. Total arseholes, and by the way, the lighters and chips being flung on the park was a total disgrace. Well done on your point you total melts….! 

I’ve seen a few comments even before this game about losing 3 cup finals recently. Fair enough they were sore ones but they were all against the old firm and 2 of which went to Extra time and oh aye we beat them in 2 of the semi finals! Think they forget they lost a cup final last year and the year before aswell. In 2021 if it wasn’t for St Johnstone they probably would’ve won a cup double, they don’t mention that one much 

14 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Hmmmm 

50 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

And they not only do it against us where they not 6-4 up against Motherwell and drew it.

I’m sure at one point they were 6-1 up that night? It was definitely 6-2. 

Winning 2-0 at Hamilton and celebrating like they’d won the title will always be my favourite Hibsing it. Should I say is currently my favourite, they might exceed it one day. 

The Goalscoring Knee
16 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Winning 2-0 at Hamilton and celebrating like they’d won the title will always be my favourite Hibsing it. Should I say is currently my favourite, they might exceed it one day. 

They were 4-1 and 6-2 up and Motherwell missed a penalty when they'd got it back to 6-5.  It's on YouTube and knocks half the comedy at the Fringe into a cocked hat 😄

9 hours ago, Stanley_ said:

Hibs

11 - 1925-1930

10 - 1969-1973

9 - 2014-2017

Hearts

9 - 1900-1904

12 - 1911-1915

9 - 1929-1934

7 - 1949-1952

7 - 1961-1964

17 - 1983-1987

8 - 1996-1998

12 - 2009-2012

7 - 2020-present

Amazing stats.  I wonder how much Hibs best period in 70s might have been challenged had Dave Mackay returned as player\manager instead of being tapped by Clough and Taylor at Derby.

davemclaren
25 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Amazing stats.  I wonder how much Hibs best period in 70s might have been challenged had Dave Mackay returned as player\manager instead of being tapped by Clough and Taylor at Derby.

We’ll never know. 

3 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

2 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

2 hours ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

They were 4-1 and 6-2 up and Motherwell missed a penalty when they'd got it back to 6-5.  It's on YouTube and knocks half the comedy at the Fringe into a cocked hat 😄

Even Better I've seen some of them (not all admittedly) wear that 6-6 as a badge of honor because it gets touted as being possibly the best game of football in top flight Scottish football history.

They just leave out the part where they totally bottled it at home :rofl: 

1 minute ago, boag1874 said:

Even Better I've seen some of them (not all admittedly) wear that 6-6 as a badge of honor because it gets touted as being possibly the best game of football in top flight Scottish football history.

They just leave out the part where they totally bottled it at home :rofl: 

The Lennon aeroplane celebration at snatching a draw v Rangers springs to mind too ……….. none of it tops bringing out a video to celebrate a loss in Europe v AEK though :rofl: 

10 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Love this. So they’ve had 3 runs that reached double figures in their entire history, just like they’ve had 3 Scottish Cups. 
You don’t have to be that old to have seen 3 Hearts runs to double figures and 3 Scottish Cups. 
My first derby was the win in 1978. 
Funny to be typing that last line tonight. I was only at ER because my Mum took my sister to see Grease (RIP, Olivia Newton-John) that very day and my Dad was coerced into taking me to the football! 

It's 2 Scottish Cups. The first one (1887) belongs to Hibernians who ceased to exist in 1891 after Celtic had taken all their players in 1888.

A new club called Hibernian was formed in 1892. The claim they were formed in 1975 is an even bigger sham than the Sevco scenario. They didn't enter the Scottish League (2nd division) until 1893/93, they were promoted in 1895/96.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Or, cough, cough if we played 4 times a season .... 

Percival King
18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The Lennon aeroplane celebration at snatching a draw v Rangers springs to mind too ……….. none of it tops bringing out a video to celebrate a loss in Europe v AEK though :rofl: 

There's class, there's first class and then there's Hibs class. And they've made Hibs class all their own.

18 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

What a loser, you not our manager. 

Montgomery Brewster
1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

It's 2 Scottish Cups. The first one (1887) belongs to Hibernians who ceased to exist in 1891 after Celtic had taken all their players in 1888.

A new club called Hibernian was formed in 1892. The claim they were formed in 1975 is an even bigger sham than the Sevco scenario. They didn't enter the Scottish League (2nd division) until 1893/93, they were promoted in 1895/96.

Is correct and should be pinned on this message board. So that any inbred onlookers are reminded that they are the original sevco. Yet another first for those ***** lol.

FTH

kingantti1874
18 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

another snake ignoring the good stuff and slithering out the grass at the first sign of a poor result.

2 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Very true and valid. This was also the first of the two times they were saved by Hearts as well. I suppose, strictly speaking, it was Wallace Mercer that  saved them in 1990 and they absolutely hate that fact but deep down they know it to be true. 
I’m sure I’ve read that they weren’t going to be permitted into the league until Hearts spoke up for them and played them in the famous 10-2 game in 1893?

Edited by Shaggy2

14 hours ago, Stanley_ said:

Hibs

11 - 1925-1930

10 - 1969-1973

9 - 2014-2017

Hearts

9 - 1900-1904

12 - 1911-1915

9 - 1929-1934

7 - 1949-1952

7 - 1961-1964

17 - 1983-1987

8 - 1996-1998

12 - 2009-2012

7 - 2020-present

Made a couple of mistakes. Updated:

Hibs

7 - 1921-1924

11 - 1925-1930

10 - 1969-1973

6 - 2000-2001

9 - 2014-2017

Hearts

9 - 1900-1904

12 - 1911-1915

9 - 1929-1934

7 - 1949-1952

7 - 1961-1964

17 - 1983-1987

8 - 1996-1998

12 - 2009-2012

7 - 2020-present

Amazing to think that we lost just 3/45 from 1983-1994 spanning 11 seasons and three managers. Then we appointed McLean and lost 3/4 in one season alone. Lost only 7/60 from 1983-1998.

Edited by Stanley_

19 hours ago, martoon said:

Take it easy, bud.

Agree to that all +After watching the I have such a strong feeling we are going to give them such a scudding next time at Tynie.

Just now, leipzig76 said:

Agree to that all +After watching the "game" (sorry !) I have such a strong feeling we are going to give them such a scudding next time at Tynie.

28 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

Agree to that all +After watching the I have such a strong feeling we are going to give them such a scudding next time at Tynie.

We should be well fired up, bud.

I want them taken to the feckin cleaners.