• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tartofmidlothian

• OTT

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

BackOfTheNet

Excellent performance, thought he and Boyce both tired and needed more energy in support towards the end as the ball was just bouncing back to our defence.

indianajones

Decent with Boyce next to him. 

Looking forward to these two linking up together. Especially with McKay and Grant feeding them. 

RustyRightPeg

Good on him. Fantastic all round game today as well. Bullied the two centre backs most of the game. 

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Good on him. Fantastic all round game today as well. Bullied the two centre backs most of the game. 

A lot to his game - movement, awareness and really strong. 

indianajones
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Think his physical ability was underestimated by many. Including me, if I'm honest.

One good chance. Taken. 

I think he'll be scoring next week against United.

I am surprised too. 

Still doesn't mean we should be using him like we did vs County. He must be paired with someone imo. 

tartofmidlothian
18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Magic! 20 at least this season and Scotland's main striker alongside Adams.

Good shout, I reckon he'll be capped again this season.

He can play on his own but you need speed and support with him. The biggest issue against county was our centre midfield were miles away from him. I don't believe we need to pair him with Boyce as a rule. Same formation today with Grant in the 10 would work also. 

4 minutes ago, bistokid said:

He can play on his own but you need speed and support with him. The biggest issue against county was our centre midfield were miles away from him. I don't believe we need to pair him with Boyce as a rule. Same formation today with Grant in the 10 would work also. 

Yeah, I think another attacker instead of Boyce and then we'd have Boyce as an option. 

That bench was ****ing devoid of options for us where as Hibs had options for something different (Doidge for Melkerson for example). 

Pasquale for King

He’s a great signing but our crossing and final ball still need to improve to create more chances for him. 

tartofmidlothian
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Yeah, I think another attacker instead of Boyce and then we'd have Boyce as an option. 

That bench was ****ing devoid of options for us where as Hibs had options for something different (Doidge for Melkerson for example). 

What's the deal with Ginnelly? For a long time he was our go to for changing a game and getting back on the front foot.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Ginnelly would’ve loved that big pitch in the last part of the game, putting Halliday on was crazy. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Ginnelly would’ve loved that big pitch in the last part of the game, putting Halliday on was crazy. 

Paulo style sub. 

Would have made sense. Not sure what Halliday did when he got on the park..

tartofmidlothian

Halliday's a useful player for the right situation, but we're way too keen to put him on in the wrong one.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Excellent performance, thought he and Boyce both tired and needed more energy in support towards the end as the ball was just bouncing back to our defence.

49 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yes, we needed another up top; Boyce was taking a few knocks again

We need another 4-6 players

Dick Dastardly

I hadn't really seen much of him before he joined us. He did a lot more work than i was expecting. Very good goal and a great work rate. Hopefully this continues. 

No Idle Talk

Him and Barrie McKay are going to be a lethal combination for us. Shankland is always looking to play on the shoulder of defenders and run in behind. Barrie McKay excels at playing through passes in behind opposing defences. The marriage of these two skill sets is going to lead to a lot of goals for us. They seem to have a good understanding between them already and it is only going to get better as time goes on.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

That change lost us the victory.  We had no out-option. Ginnelly would have given us that. 

Neverforgetfiveone
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s a great signing but our crossing and final ball still need to improve to create more chances for him. 

You could see glimpses today, the attacker are beginning to connect, Boyce was top class today. The more minutes they get together the better they will become 👍🏼

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

You could see glimpses today, the attacker are beginning to connect, Boyce was top class today. The more minutes they get together the better they will become 👍🏼

Let’s hope so 🤞

3 hours ago, indianajones said:

Decent with Boyce next to him. 

Looking forward to these two linking up together. Especially with McKay and Grant feeding them. 

Totally!! We just need more striking options when things are not working. 

7 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

Good point, not all doom and gloom.

To miss a sitter you need to be getting into good positions, so there is some positivity. 

I didn't feel that Shankland was all that isolated. Forrest and McKay linked well with him and Boyce. 

Neverforgetfiveone
10 minutes ago, OTT said:

Good point, not all doom and gloom.

To miss a sitter you need to be getting into good positions, so there is some positivity. 

I didn't feel that Shankland was all that isolated. Forrest and McKay linked well with him and Boyce. 

4231 suits Shankland, and Boyce, Boyce was brilliant fodder for Simms. Can’t play that system at home to St Mirren and alike though… easy for Hibs away, let them have the ball and hit them on the break.

Wee Barrie's pass is just ridiculous, we're so lucky to have him. Shanks takes it well too.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Barack said:

Think his physical ability was underestimated by many. Including me, if I'm honest.

One good chance. Taken. 

I think he'll be scoring next week against United.

It was by me as well until I seen him for Utd in the top flight. 

Ihas him down as useless outside the box, he's not he's a good player. 

Delighted with his first goal today.   Clear example of what we have been missing from a striker.   Touch control, into the box, head up, goal.   No messing about.    First of many against Hibs hopefully.    Good start for his SPL golden boot challenge. 

Well done Shankland 👏 

4 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

A game or performance can never be perfect but you need to work towards what needs to be better in certain scenarios.   Imo, we need more depth in choice to the midfield.  That’s where the control comes from later in the game if you want to be more comfortable. 

You can argue that the likes of Mackay and Forrest need to gather themselves and sweat just that wee bit more to help get the ball up the other end, but they need help.  They can be marked out the game easier when the legs tire and opposition put on fresh legs and try to respond. 

He’s clearly not giving Pollock or C Smith a chance, so for me, he needs to get in the market because there’s not much choice from the bench in the shape of a technician.  Grant had a tough one today but clearly has ability as shown last week.  But if he’s not playing well or tires, who’s coming on?  It’s all very samey between Halliday, Devlin, Haring etc…

Unknown user

I thought he was pish but I was wrong.

There were a few things I enjoyed about him today, but I LOVE that he's into the art of shithousery.

Cochrane too, giving hibs the ear again when we scored, and grinning at them after they'd been throwing shit.

Just now, Smithee said:

I thought he was pish but I was wrong.

There were a few things I enjoyed about him today, but I LOVE that he's into the art of shithousery.

Cochrane too, giving hibs the ear again when we scored, and grinning at them after they'd been throwing shit.

I'm really getting to like Alex Cochrane a lot. Gives 100% and not afraid to mix it. Feckin good player too. He's a Jambo.

Birregrande
36 minutes ago, whodanny said:

I'm really getting to like Alex Cochrane a lot. Gives 100% and not afraid to mix it. Feckin good player too. He's a Jambo.

Great post! He has bottle that lad.  I feel Shanks could be our much longed for no.9, and can we stop the shite about wiggy etc, the boy is class. Leave that to the golf ball throwers! :HeartsManspotrun:

He controlled the pass brilliantly from MacKay.

And stayed calm enough to tuck it away.

He just looks a natural scorer.

Well done today young man.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I am sorry but we desperately need to upgrade on Boyce.

I’ll take the heat.

We have other areas to strengthen first. 

He's under rated on here. 

However,His time to be replaced will come tho. 

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I thought the exact same. Shankland was gubbed with 15mins to go. Ginnelly would have gave us a good option of over the top. 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I disagree with the first part I think another striker is no 1 priority we have nothing other than Shankland and Boyce (who’s more a 10). 

Agree about Boyce he’s a very good player for us especially in that formation we saw today.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Im ok with an upgrade. Boyce is still a great squad member. 

If we are bringing on Boyce for 20 mins at the end that would tend to show we’ve upgraded our frontline well.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Im ok with an upgrade. Boyce is still a great squad member. 

If we are bringing on Boyce for 20 mins at the end that would tend to show we’ve upgraded our frontline well.

Agreed, will happen in a season or two I reckon. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I disagree with the first part I think another striker is no 1 priority we have nothing other than Shankland and Boyce (who’s more a 10). 

Agree about Boyce he’s a very good player for us especially in that formation we saw today.

Yip, we need and are after another striker.