***Official Heart of Midlothian v H1b5 Match Day Thread***

Wee Mikey

Rowles having a better game this week.   Most of our players doing well.    McKay assist was excellent and so was the goal.   😊 

Gordon deflecting that save back across the way for a corner was weird.    Usually you would tip it over or around.   Confidence in doing that was something else.   

I'm liking the game so far apart from the obvious distribution at corners but it's only halfway.     Plenty time to go. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Playing really well considering we’re doing so with 10 men. If Jorge Grant decides to start playing, we might be able to run away with this. Next goal crucial, definitely need that 2nd…

Give him 10 minutes in second half, if he wakes up, fine. If not, swap for cammy. 

1 minute ago, The Black Prince said:

Rowles looking pretty composed I thought. Starting to bring the ball forward with confidence also.

Yeh looks good on the ball.

Tbf to Grant too the Peterborough fan I spoke to said we definitely shouldn't play him deep like they did and we've gone and done that so no surprise he's maybe a bit lost there.

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Really pleasantly surprised by Shankland. Not sure about Grant or Rowles tbh, but it's extremely early days so plenty time to step it up. Forrest quiet but very direct.

I quite like Rowles

No messing about 

Get the ball to **** if necessary 

I think Boyce is enjoying playing with Shankland 

Cracking goal 

CloustonHMFC

All I’m seeing is we’ve been poor but I just can’t see it. That was a professional half of football from us. Strolled through the half without many problems.

Glad to see Haring back to doing what he does best. Breaking up play, keeping it simple. Rowles looks a real find! Need more from Grant but looks a tidy enough player. His deliveries need to improve! Craig just being Craig. We are a bit exposed on left at times, need to be wary if that fud Boyle appears. 

27 minutes ago, Maroonjam said:

Love how they keep talking about handball. It's clearly the chest/shoulder

Who was talking about handball?

23 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

With VAR, it would be 0-0 and Halkett would have been in trouble. Much better without it!

Jesus **** mate! Learn the rules VAR would have given a pen if it hadn’t gone in. It was not handball

indianajones

If we had a big man up top (Simms type) we would be rag dolling that defense. Rocky and Portoeous look pretty poor and are both struggling with Boyce and Shankland who arent exactly big men.

3 minutes ago, Homme said:

I think Rowles has been excellent so far.

Yeah he’s very safe and doesn’t take any risks which for a defender us a good asset.

Absolute Scenes

Youan looks a bit dangerous at times so we need to switch on. Anyone struggling to know why Boyce plays, I hope they are watching today. Bullied their back line all first half. So refreshing him not being the focal point

hmfc_liam06
Just now, tiger Rudi said:

Glad to see Haring back to doing what he does best. Breaking up play, keeping it simple. Rowles looks a real find! Need more from Grant but looks a tidy enough player. His deliveries need to improve! Craig just being Craig. We are a bit exposed on left at times, need to be wary if that fud Boyle appears. 

Hibs will be a huge threat down the right with Cadden and Boyle. Cadden has both McKay and Cochrane for pace, will only get worse with Boyle on.

...andFulton'sBaggio

Good first half. Very much in control after the first 15 mins. Hibs had one or two chances that they could easily have scored from. That and one Cadden cross aside, they did absolutely nothing.

Not much coming off for Forrest, but you suspect it will happen for him at some point. Grant needs to get himself closer to Haring when we're off the ball, make himself available for the short pass when big Pete inevitably wins it back. He obviously forgot his crossing boots too! 🙄

Another goal early in the second half would do nicely 😀

Oh, and a special mention for big Craig. Yes, he does it all the time, but that was still an absolutely astonishing save. Most keepers get nowhere near that.

RedStarRiot
1 minute ago, CloustonHMFC said:

All I’m seeing is we’ve been poor but I just can’t see it. That was a professional half of football from us. Strolled through the half without many problems.

We have been average.

I think they will bring on Boyle to exploit us out wide with their hoof ball. 

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Youan looks a bit dangerous at times so we need to switch on. Anyone struggling to know why Boyce plays, I hope they are watching today. Bullied their back line all first half. So refreshing him not being the focal point

Boyce looks like he can get something today. Mixing it up well with Porteous.  

Brick Tamland
13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The notion that Hibs are terrible is so misplaced. It’s just blinkers I’m afraid. 

Nope, they are terrible and it’s not misplaced. 

RedStarRiot
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

We were better last week up top with him as well. Hopefully him and Shankland start together more often than not

2 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

They definitely started the better but we look like we have more quality when we get the ball down.

I really liked Grant last week but think he’s struggling a bit with the pace of this game. Would bring on Devlin and look to get McKay, Boyce, Shankland and Forrest linking up more.

4 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Bizarre response to my comment about VAR. Just imagine Collum watching this game, jumping at any opportunity to disallow a goal or give a red card.

This is whats killing me about VAR. 

I don't trust our officials to use it correctly. Full expect us to be penalised for something and the following week the exact same incident is waived on for Celtic or Rangers. 

1 hour ago, King prawn said:

Has he ? As far as I can see he has scored twice since the middle of January 

Dundee Utd twice and Motherwell. 

...andFulton'sBaggio
2 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Yeah he’s very safe and doesn’t take any risks which for a defender us a good asset.

Yup. No nonsense, safety first every time. I like it!

Absolute Scenes

The singing chat has started again 😂 apparently we’ve stopped Singing because we realise Hibs we’re starting to play better. 

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

“sHaNkLaNd WoNt sCoRe iN tHe ScOtS pReM”

- .net

They never learn. 

The Black Prince

By the way, Gordon's save was incredible. It was closer to him than I thought on second viewing but he had bugger all reaction time and got a huge hand on it.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I don't think we've been brilliant but we haven't been poor. I think the problem is that playing the vermin we expect to dominate.

heatonjambo

So 

arguably 3 of our best players out

playing not very well

Our new striker scores his competitive first goal in a derby with a great finish

roll on the second half

Edited by heatonjambo

Worthing Jambo
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Who was talking about handball?

Jesus **** mate! Learn the rules VAR would have given a pen if it hadn’t gone in. It was not handball

Correct, defender had a handful of Shankland shirt.

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Bizarre response to my comment about VAR. Just imagine Collum watching this game, jumping at any opportunity to disallow a goal or give a red card.

He probably wouldn’t cate as it wasn’t for or against Celtic.

Салатные палочки
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

The singing chat has started again 😂 apparently we’ve stopped Singing because we realise Hibs we’re starting to play better. 

:laugh2:

28 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Hoofbernian

Very 1dimensional so far

26 minutes ago, King prawn said:

off the line by Shankland! geez

Was going wide i think but superb

26 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Now he’s keeping then out at the other end and heading corners clear, what a man Lawrence is. 

Known Shankland/known of him for a long time and his work rate and effort wasn’t there early. Iv said a couple of times this week in group chats that hes clearly worked very hard on that side of his game. (I wasnt sure about him couple of years ago) If he keeps this up he will be some player for us

RedStarRiot
Just now, Brick Tamland said:

Nope, they are terrible and it’s not misplaced. 

They are nothing special but not terrible. They will get top 6 most likely this season. I'd like to see us on the front foot this half, 2nd goal and they will crumble, fact.

Hibs have a weak losers mentality 

Aussie Jambo
12 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

God is Mr Shankland 

The lucky bag hobo team will be in pieces. I’m so very confident with this. Still haven’t put my bet on yet. Always first player to score. I’m thinking McKay & Shankland anytime will be easy money. 

FTH  HHGH 

Told ye. Yaaas. FTH. 

LogicalEric

Imagine Boyle will be on sooner rather than later. They look desperately short of ideas bar Cadden. 

Keep the ball better in the middle of the park and we are sorted.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

This is whats killing me about VAR. 

I don't trust our officials to use it correctly. Full expect us to be penalised for something and the following week the exact same incident is waived on for Celtic or Rangers. 

So just the same as without VAR then?!

ScandinavianJambo
11 minutes ago, superjack said:

Give him 10 minutes in second half, if he wakes up, fine. If not, swap for cammy. 

100%

Edited by ScandinavianJambo

Just now, LogicalEric said:

Imagine Boyle will be on sooner rather than later. They look desperately short of ideas bar Cadden. 

Keep the ball better in the middle of the park and we are sorted.

Yup. Its why I really wanted a 2nd before half time. You know they're going to turn to him. 

Just now, chazza74 said:

Halliday on for Grant unless he can get a grip , he’s been 2nd best too often in the first half

Would prefer Devlin, to get right in about them