Upgrading Tickets

Neverforgetfiveone

Neverforgetfiveone

This is the first season that I’ll be taking the wee fella with me. Unfortunately he cannot make the game against Ross County. 

How do I go about upgrading the ticket for an adult? I had a look on the main site but there was no instructions? 

Do people upgrade or do they just blag it?

GlasgoJambo
Just now, Neverforgetfiveone said:

This is the first season that I’ll be taking the wee fella with me. Unfortunately he cannot make the game against Ross County. 

How do I go about upgrading the ticket for an adult? I had a look on the main site but there was no instructions? 

am interested in this too - discussed the exact same thing with a mate last night.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

As well as blag it you can also upgrade at the ticket office. 

7 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

Ticket office upgrade it easily and quickly. Very easy in person.

Hearts are rampant

Contact ticket office.

They’ll deactivate the season ticket for that game and give you a paper ticket instead. 

When I have done it before you had to pay the difference between a child ticket and adult ticket (amount obviously varies if cat a or car b game). I’d assume that’s still the case. There was no admin charge.

I’m sure they’d do it by email or phone (and post ticket) but much easier to go in and get paper ticket there and then.

1 hour ago, Carl Weathers said:

Is blagging it not what some people accuse Hibs fans of doing?

Difference with those scumbags, is they seem quite willing to consciously, and wrongly, buy a concession and screw their club out of money. Personally, I would just use the kids ticket. His laddie will probably go to most games so it's a bit of a one off. The adult taking his place might even spend a few quid in the stadium that the OP's laddie wouldn't spend.

On the odd occasion I don't see the issue. Times are hard and it's more beneficial to the team if its a full crowd. 

I've done it myself, taken my mums OAP ticket as she couldn't make it and taken my nephew.

Sometimes it's more hassle than it's worth changing for the sake of a few pounds.

Carl Weathers
11 minutes ago, Locky said:

Difference with those scumbags, is they seem quite willing to consciously, and wrongly, buy a concession and screw their club out of money. Personally, I would just use the kids ticket. His laddie will probably go to most games so it's a bit of a one off. The adult taking his place might even spend a few quid in the stadium that the OP's laddie wouldn't spend.

Fair point 

1 hour ago, Hearts are rampant said:

Contact ticket office.

They’ll deactivate the season ticket for that game and give you a paper ticket instead. 

When I have done it before you had to pay the difference between a child ticket and adult ticket (amount obviously varies if cat a or car b game). I’d assume that’s still the case. There was no admin charge.

I’m sure they’d do it by email or phone (and post ticket) but much easier to go in and get paper ticket there and then.

Done this many times and weirdly on the bigger games not been charged the difference! I think they respect the fact that your trying to pay and don’t bother charging you! 

I did it a few times last season for midweek games (in the ticket office), and was sometimes shocked by how much extra we had to pay. 

Neverforgetfiveone

Thanks for the advice, still undecided, would save any embarrassment at the turnstile. Don’t want to look like a scumbag Hobo tramp trying to skulk a friend in on the cheap. Could go into the ticket office and upgrade but also like the thinking of donating the difference to the FOH… the club wouldn’t have expected anymore income from the ticket anyway?

I’ll have a think about it 🤔

🇱🇻

davemclaren
3 hours ago, Forrest said:

I did it a few times last season for midweek games (in the ticket office), and was sometimes shocked by how much extra we had to pay. 

Presumably the difference between a concession and full ticket for that particular match?

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Presumably the difference between a concession and full ticket for that particular match?

when i have done it in the past  they have given you 1/18th of the price of the season ticket off the full price for that match ticket.

given the wee lads ticket is only £50 so its only a few pounds 'discount' and its a load of hassle we usually just buy another ticket for my dad and he comes and sits in his seat. 

Neverforgetfiveone

give the dough to the club or the dough to the FoH…?