Liz Truss

Roxy Hearts

Malinga the Swinga

Regarding Boris coming back, party members only get vote when leadership battle gets down to final two. Boris would walk that, but as long as there are 3 options to choose from, he would be eliminated immediately.

If only two, then he could come back but that would only reinforce the lead Labour have on polls.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• ri Alban

• briever

• periodictabledancer

The Mighty Thor

The big fight back is on....

Reading the 'key lines' going out there it would appear she's managed to assemble a comms team even more stupid than she is. 

"We cannot risk letting in a Labour government"

Implication.  We would be off the gravy train.  Can't have that.  **** the country... it's about my ministerial pay and car.  

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

Class.  I think Cooper is brilliant.  Top bint.

She is far superior to Starmer.

Admittedly that’s not hard but she would make a better leader than him.

3 hours ago, Hansel said:

There's no way they could bring back BoJo. 😆 

Could they? 😕 

The members love him, the MPs generally don't. Remember the daily twisting and turning they were having to do in operation save big dog, the lies, the humiliation of everyone knowing that they're talking shit.

They might be past the point of no return, like Scottish Labour.

The media are starting to soak up the lines from Tory central office.  Crisis averted thanks to Cruss, or Trunt, or whatever it's called.  The markets have calmed down.  The pound has stabilised (gaining 2 cents against the dollar and 1 cent against the euro but still below normal values).  The bond markets have rallied behind UK Gilts - although UK Government Bonds are still regarded as a below-average investment bet, less reliable than Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Slovenia, Slovakia, Malta, and Belgium, not to mention Germany, Austria, Finland, France, the Netherlands, Norway and Switzerland.  But thanks to the stabilising power of new improved Tories, the UK has clambered above Greece, Croatia, Bulgaria, Cyprus and Italy in the confidence league tables.

I fully expect next week's big media story to be about that bully Starmer and his treatment of poor little rabbit-in-the-headlights Lizzy.  Roll on the next Conservative government.  :laugh: 

9 hours ago, Hansel said:

There's no way they could bring back BoJo. 😆 

Could they? 😕 

He be making too much money on the circuit. He'll still tap others , the Ponce.

7 hours ago, Ulysses said:

The media are starting to soak up the lines from Tory central office.  Crisis averted thanks to Cruss, or Trunt, or whatever it's called.  The markets have calmed down.  The pound has stabilised (gaining 2 cents against the dollar and 1 cent against the euro but still below normal values).  The bond markets have rallied behind UK Gilts - although UK Government Bonds are still regarded as a below-average investment bet, less reliable than Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Slovenia, Slovakia, Malta, and Belgium, not to mention Germany, Austria, Finland, France, the Netherlands, Norway and Switzerland.  But thanks to the stabilising power of new improved Tories, the UK has clambered above Greece, Croatia, Bulgaria, Cyprus and Italy in the confidence league tables.

I fully expect next week's big media story to be about that bully Starmer and his treatment of poor little rabbit-in-the-headlights Lizzy.  Roll on the next Conservative government.  :laugh: 

Be fair Uly. Actually this current Tory government have only been in power for 2 days and done a fantastic job turning around the chaos they inherited.

11 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

This exchange between Braverman and Cooper earlier today is worth a watch.

Did Braverman actually say "tofu eating wokeism"!? Embarrassing stuff. The Tories are an absolute joke and I can't believe anyone votes for them.

May was actually mentioned as a so-called unity,  compromise PM.  Remarkable as that is.

More incredible,  maybe not on Planet Junta,  is what was said about the quest to find a PM who could be installed without any contest.  Apparently the major consideration is having a PM approved and waved through by none other than Spaffer.  The ***** is off on his post-PM riches campaign,  never in the commons,  yet seems to have a grip over the party and therefore the country.  That's the state we're in with these *****.

That Cleverly this morning was scared to answer a single question for fear of it coming back to bit him on the arse come next week 🤣

Also they all seem to think saying Truss has apologised makes everything alright.

12 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

That’s some manic rant 

12 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Why isn’t Cooper labour leader ? She’s awfully good 

4 hours ago, jonesy said:

Unless it's in relation to a prison sentence or a falling piano, I'm not interested.

Oh come on she’s a vicars daughter ! Can’t get more saintly than that 😎

1 hour ago, RobboM said:

As in
"Remember how shit Theresa May was" ? 😂

And, incredibly they've managed to produce two leaders who've been even worse than TM! 

Who's next, Jimmy Saville? Myra Hindley?! 

1 minute ago, Craig_ said:

And, incredibly they've managed to produce two leaders who've been even worse than TM! 

Who's next, Jimmy Saville? Myra Hindley?! 

That's not far off who we DID get after May.

2 hours ago, RobboM said:

As in
"Remember how shit Theresa May was" ? 😂

Knowing what we know now she isn’t looking that bad to be fair. Utter shambles of a party at the moment. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Did Braverman actually say "tofu eating wokeism"!? Embarrassing stuff. The Tories are an absolute joke and I can't believe anyone votes for them.

"Guardian reading, tofu-eating wokerati".

Obviously intended as a huge insult. I'm not entirely sure of what's allowed and not allowed to be said in the House of Commons but I would have thought that maybe the deputy speaker could have had a quick word with Cruella to tone it down. Ultimately, it didn't matter as Cooper had a marvellous comeback for her - although Cruella's probably too simple to have caught the nuances.

Just now, jonesy said:

Doesn't canonisation usually occur after death? Hasten Santa Theresa!

Oh come on . She was the best of a bad bunch lol that’s not that high praise really 

The party have certainly calmed the *immediate* crisis - Hunt putting on a "reasonable" show and preventing Truss from personally responding to the Urgent Question was crucial in doing that. They also appear to have clamped down hard on public criticism of Truss from within the party, although some has leaked out. Quite impressive actually. A turd is still a turd, however, and I don't think they and the media are going to dress this one up, no matter how hard they try. I think a great part of their energy will be in steadying the boat and preventing any more slips (which would probably be fatal) while they find a replacement for Truss who  is acceptable to as many folk as possible, primarily within the parliamentary party. Not an easy task.

15 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It's personal for me, bud. From her time as Home Sec.

Oh yes I see what you mean . Quick u turn she’s a ^^^^ too 

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh yes I see what you mean . Quick u turn she’s a ^^^^ too 

Ever thought about taking up politics? ;)

17 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Ever thought about taking up politics? ;)

Id like to reframe it . I can re think my views within Nano seconds and weigh up all the information and then make a u turn ! It’s an amazing skill .😂

WorldChampions1902
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

PMQs soon.  The handlers will have her plugged into her charger and hooked up to an intravenous drip of adrenaline and Red Bull.  

The current run on sales of popcorn about to be followed by yet another run on the £.

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Shameful.

And you know what, they'll all go along with it.

Auschwitz guards. the fecking lot of them. 

13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

PMQs soon.  The handlers will have her plugged into her charger and hooked up to an intravenous drip of adrenaline and Red Bull.  

I’ll miss It as working 

2183EAFE-0778-402F-BC80-19F127DDAB80.gif

14 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I do like the cut of Cooper's jib.

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh come on . She was the best of a bad bunch lol that’s not that high praise really 

Theresa May is the worst of humanity. The fecking bitch and her hostile environment cost us everything.

So the triple lock is now back on....well for today at least. It really is vomit inducing watching Luz Truss, all she is doing is deflect, deflect ,trade unions...blah blah blah ,oh and some rugby team getting into the Super league.......🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

4 references to militant unions.  Dismal.

Growth, growth, growth = higher wages. 

Higher wages = growth. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, micole said:

So the triple lock is now back on....well for today at least. It really is vomit inducing watching Luz Truss, all she is doing is deflect, deflect ,trade unions...blah blah blah ,oh and some rugby team getting into the Super league.......🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

It’s unlikely to be reinstated next year with inflation anywhere from 11-20%. 
Turned over at the Rugby League chat, a professional sport bailed out by £16m of our money two years ago.