• ri Alban

• briever

• periodictabledancer

manaliveits105

“The last thing we need right now is a General Election Mr Speaker” 

quality  
brains humour and glamour what’s not to like about Liz 😍

56 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Read the small print, the Shell ShillTM is going to hammer only the renewables energy generators. 

You couldn't make it up. This lot know the house is on fire and are chucking petrol on it to burn as many of us as they go down. 

Yeah.

But renewable companies are benefiting from the link to gas prices so that windfall is what is being taxed not actual renewables.

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah.

But renewable companies are benefiting from the link to gas prices so that windfall is what is being taxed not actual renewables.

But what about the investment, which was the excuse given for no windfall tax. Or does that only apply to the companies that give kickbacks to tory MPs...

33 minutes ago, Daktari said:

Depends which Tories you mean. The majority of her MPs didn't vote for her. The membership who did were probably thinking about blue passports and Vera Lynn...

Probably more likely thinking about all the tax cuts Truss had promised them. 

Problem there though was she never said how she'd pay for them and most likely most of the tory membership didn't really care how either, just as long as they were paying less tax.

28 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Truss was a cringe-fest at PMQ's earlier; however, as bad as she is, Labour is really not any sort of opposition at all are they?

Sir Keir had an open goal with what's been going on these last 3 weeks.

It was PMQ's and Liz asked Starmer more questions that he asked her :rofl:.

Useless. What is the point of Westminster eh? 

Tbh Starmer and Corbyn before him have had numerious open goals over the last 5 years+ and have failed to take any of them.

11 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

But what about the investment, which was the excuse given for no windfall tax. Or does that only apply to the companies that give kickbacks to tory MPs...

It's a big U turn. But they need to find £50 billion fast.

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a big U turn. But they need to find £50 billion fast.

And a windfall tax isn't going to find anywhere near £50bn.

One of the major giveaways like the NI increase reversal or income tax cut are going to have be scraped, for them to find anything near like what's needed, and even then.   It's an utter complete mess.

4 hours ago, Victorian said:

It's the leadership of pretence.  She has a wholly pretend ideology of free marketeering.  Just for the sake of being seen to be.  The principles of her ideology is the thing that has plunged the economy into a worse and more perilous state than was necessary.  The latest attempt to wipe her arse from the shitshow is the very opposite of her stated ideology.  Market intervention.

Just let it sink in.  What kind of upside down country is this?  A place where our leaders profess to be one thing.  Keep making a mess of it because of flawed ideas.  Then clear up after themselves by being the exact opposite to what they profess to be.

While claiming they are great listeners 🤣

Remember that's what she has done she has listen to the people it shows she is willing to adapt.My ****ing arse she is clueless or more likely she knows she is a dead duck so is feeding the offshore retirement payment from the donors she is making a fortune for.

The Mighty Thor

That performance today :cornette:

Aye but the energy price guarantee!!!!!

The only guarantee is that your donors and sponsors will be filling their boots with public money the next 2 years you vapid bint.

Its a deal. It's a steal. It's the sale of the ****ing century!

Starmer and other Labour front teamers are not ideal at showing up these parasites but that does not equate to them not being a better government,  once installed.  I do hope people remember that scrutiny and government are differeng things.

@Taffin Stop misquoting me in The independence thread. All I've ever said about Scots voting in independence referendum, was in comparison to the Euref, when clowns describe the No vote as Scotland. It isn't, if the vote was like the Britnats EU ref, Scotland would be independent. But Scotland like to include everyone who lives and works in Scotland to make it better, so at our detriment (Yes voters), we fairly and squarely have a vote for all.

But again if it was Scots only, we'd win easily. I never seem to see anyone having a problem with UK citizens only with the Euref, but Britnats are hypocrites. 

On 15/04/2021 at 13:27, ri Alban said:

If it comes down to Scots born only. It's a landslide for independence. Just like the last time. But hey no EU citizens this time. 200, 000 votes gone from 387000 difference in votes. Just the 700,000 rUK votes from last time to help you get close. 

Real Scots vote yes. 

51 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

@Taffin Stop misquoting me in The independence thread. All I've ever said about Scots voting in independence referendum, was in comparison to the Euref, when clowns describe the No vote as Scotland. It isn't, if the vote was like the Britnats EU ref, Scotland would be independent. But Scotland like to include everyone who lives and works in Scotland to make it better, so at our detriment (Yes voters), we fairly and squarely have a vote for all.

But again if it was Scots only, we'd win easily. I never seem to see anyone having a problem with UK citizens only with the Euref, but Britnats are hypocrites. 

Apologies, it was "real scots", not true Scots.

maroonlegions
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

“The last thing we need right now is a General Election Mr Speaker” 

quality  
brains humour and glamour what’s not to like about Liz 😍

You are at it. 

OR..

Whats left of your critical thinking part of your brain has left the building.

Embarrassing.. 

Labour backbenchers erupt as Truss says she’s ‘genuinely unclear’.

She is genuinely lying she meant.

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

You are at it. 

OR..

Whats left of your critical thinking part of your brain has left the building.

Embarrassing.. 

Labour backbenchers erupt as Truss says she’s ‘genuinely unclear’.

She is genuinely lying she meant.

Maybe not, maybe she is 'genuinely unclear', as in I genuinely don't understand any of this or in plain english 'I haven't a fecking clue'.

They're going to get rid of Truss and bring back Boris who will immediately call a snap election and win another majority due to the backing of 99% of the press then the looting of whatever is left of the UK will continue for another 5 years.

45 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Glorious thought but I think Liz will win the GE anyway 

With Hearts lifting the Champions League Trophy the same year 🤪

Jeffros Furios
46 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Glorious thought but I think Liz will win the GE anyway 

What would the Tories have to do for you to not vote for them ? 

Arise Sir Keir ...heir to the throne :jj:

3 hours ago, Cade said:

They're going to get rid of Truss and bring back Boris who will immediately call a snap election and win another majority due to the backing of 99% of the press then the looting of whatever is left of the UK will continue for another 5 years.

Nah, Boris isn't coming back I reckon, he would need the support of the parliamentary party and they're sick of looking a ***** for him.

9 hours ago, Cade said:

No chance. Boris won’t be back and labour will stroll to victory in any general ejection.  It is funny though that you think that it is only Tory voters that seem to be persuaded by the press. 😂

I P Knightley
51 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The King is sick of the sight of her already  :rofl: 

I was about to write that she really should work on her curtsey to make it less clumsy but I have a feeling she won't be needing it too much longer. Maybe wishful thinking on my part.

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

I was about to write that she really should work on her curtsey to make it less clumsy but I have a feeling she won't be needing it too much longer. Maybe wishful thinking on my part.

One would think that with all the “bending over” she has been doing the last few days, she might have at least managed a passable curtesy by now? Sadly not.

Another indicator that the country has saddled itself with somebody akin to a leader incapable of tying her shoelaces.

Buckle up! (No pun intended).

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

No

body should be curtesying to anyone in 2022 . What a load of cobblers 

Jambo_jim2001
5 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Maybe her anal beads and love eggs are chaffing 🤢

Sums up everything to be honest. 

Having someone like that in charge of the United Kingdom. Its no wonder everything seems to be going to pot at a rapid pace. 

The Real Maroonblood
57 minutes ago, Boozyuzi said:

Never ever vote Tory but is it just me that's noticed that Liz Truss has a fine pair of knockers!

It has been mentioned a few times.

:10900:

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

I've seen it reported that the 1922 committee would have enough letters to empty truss in a matter of hours 😂😂

They need to vote through a change of rules first,  which could happen,  then cobble together a unity candidate No10/11 team to prevent a leadership contest.  Either that or leverage her into sacrificing KamiKwasi for a unity choice Chancellor + a change of policy and attitude.  They could use her ambition to be PM for more than a few weeks to temper her idiocy.

There's a new poll that gives the Conservatives 4 seats in Parliament. 

Pressure must be growing. 

Edited by Mikey1874

21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

There's a new poll that gives the Conservatives 4 seats in Parliament. 

Pressure must be growing. 

Obviously extreme and highly unlikely,  but going towards that sort of ridiculous wipeout,  it would be a close call between CON,  LD and SNP as to who becomes the official opposition.  Very close.  

periodictabledancer
48 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I've seen it reported that the 1922 committee would have enough letters to empty truss in a matter of hours 😂😂

Chris Mason on the BBC News tonight had off the record quotes from Tory MPs which he read out.

Truss was slaughtered at last night's meeting with the parliamentary party and it's cystal clear many Tories genuinely believe thay are going to be obliterated at the next general election. 

I P Knightley
27 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Obviously extreme and highly unlikely,  but going towards that sort of ridiculous wipeout,  it would be a close call between CON,  LD and SNP as to who becomes the official opposition.  Very close.  

If constituents in Tory seats, particularly the more rural ones, get their acts together and vote tactically, it's not beyond reason that the Lib Dems become the official opposition. 

Labour would be strong in metropolitan constituencies. If the tories in places like Staffordshire, which are conventionally safe seats, are truly disaffected with the current crew, they wouldn't bring themselves to vote Labour but might be able to stomach a Lib Dem X. 

Were that to happen, I suspect the Lib Dems would squeak in ahead of SNP.

Footballfirst

Rumours of a Sunak / Mordaunt joint ticket to replace Betty and Kami-Kwasi.

Edited by Footballfirst

On 12/10/2022 at 21:04, Cade said:

What has Boris been doing recently?

he still around in the backbenches?

6 hours ago, Boozyuzi said:

Never ever vote Tory but is it just me that's noticed that Liz Truss has a fine pair of knockers!

The woman has thousands of knockers, for feck sake.  :runaway: