The Middlesborough game 3 years ago

Gunny11

How exciting was it? For me it was incredibly exciting and i genuinely believed we were on the verge of something special. Anyway, my point is im hoping this years Hull game is similar.

On a tangent, i remember Sebastian Schemmel playing in that game at right back and was baffled that he didnt get a deal. Anyone know? I thought he was classy, like a right sided Takis.

How exciting was it? For me it was incredibly exciting and i genuinely believed we were on the verge of something special. Anyway, my point is im hoping this years Hull game is similar.

On a tangent, i remember Sebastian Schemmel playing in that game at right back and was baffled that he didnt get a deal. Anyone know? I thought he was classy, like a right sided Takis.

I thought Schemmel was great at right back, 10 times better than Neilson. I also said Skacel would turn out to be amazing and I was right!

:)

Bungalow Bill

Although it was only a friendly, after it I thought we had a real chance of winning the league.

The Future's Maroon

Even although I havent thought about it ever since as soon as I seen this thread it all came flying back to me!

Schemmel did look the part at right back and as stated above I am suprised he didnt get a deal?

On a seperate note, my other half at the time came to the game with me...her first ever football game.....what a laugh....when Hearts scored she was too busy looking around the staduim and just sat there as I jumped up and went nuts!! Also, she said to me "that looks like that Gareth Southgate" - doh! women eh!!!

Amoruso Lets it Run ...
Did Steve Lomas trial for us in this game to, or was he just linked with us?

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/20050720.html

Lomas didn't play - think we were just linked to him when Webster was being a ****** after the currant buns whored themselves at him in pre-season.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4156/is_20050717/ai_n14779943/pg_2

The thing that sticks in my mind from this game was the performance of Roman Bednar. He was subbed at half-time...but still won the 'man of the match' award on the basis of his first-half performance alone. :dribble:

The thing that sticks in my mind from this game was the performance of Roman Bednar. He was subbed at half-time...but still won the 'man of the match' award on the basis of his first-half performance alone. :dribble:

Everyone around where i was sitting, including myself thought that Bednar was actually Jankauskas cos in that 1st half he played like a European Cup winner.

There was a lot of people scratching their heads when Jankauskas did eventually come on.

Infact, the confusion from the start was quite amusing as the old guys in the old stand struggled to say the names of the "new foreigners" and keep up with all the subs.

Did Steve Lomas trial for us in this game to, or was he just linked with us?

I actually broke the story that Steve Lomas was in Edinburgh. I went to the Hearts Academy to watch them training on Monday before the game.

I reported back to kickback that he was training with the team ( = 'SOURCE') and within an hour Forth 1 were reporting it on the radio. One thing I remember about that mornings training is that Burley made him train with Hartley (trying to make a good impression!).

It was the nearest I've ever been to an exlcusive in my life

I remember looking at Yakubu during that game and thinking : "now there's a man who's probably hung like a donkey".

Can anyone else think of footballers who're well hung? Dion Dublin can apparently touch the bottom of a pint glass with his tadger in a relaxed state.

Bednar and Pospisil played well together in that game.

Isaac Begbie
Can anyone else think of footballers who're well hung? Dion Dublin can apparently touch the bottom of a pint glass with his tadger in a relaxed state.

I believe John Millar was known as tripod :eek:

Prince Buaben

Remember Bednar and Pospisil playing well, Skacel looked good, Ticket was free but also the feeling coming away from that game thinking if we play like that we can do something this season..

Remember there was confusion at that game because the club had apparently sold season tickets for Section N1 by mistake when they hadn't meant to open it, so all of us who had our season ticket there had to be moved across to the Wheatfield stand.

Regular John

I recall it was the first game where the new red carpet was in place around the pitch as Tynecastle's capacity was amended and I remember thinking ro myself, 'that is a nice carpet', or words to the effect.

Archived