Jump to content

Classic Matchday Programmes


mickycameron98
 Share

Recommended Posts

mickycameron98

Not sure if there was already a thread about old programmes on here. I've just been through my collection and have quite alot stretching back to 1997.  I also found one from 1976 ( must be my old man's )

 

So any programme collectors on here I might have ones that you're missing 😂

 

Also while on topic... What's the oldest or most valuable matchday programme people on here own? Can be Hearts or non-Hearts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was at England v Scotland 2000

Euro play off, still got the ticket and programme.

 

Famous 0-1 victory, it was a freezing night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

davemclaren

Hearts v Killie, last day of the 1964-65 season. My first ever match. Valuable in Kilmarnock I believe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

mickycameron98
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Hearts v Killie, last day of the 1964-65 season. My first ever match. Valuable in Kilmarnock I believe. 

Could be valuable aye. Any idea how much it's worth?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

mickycameron98
9 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Was at England v Scotland 2000

Euro play off, still got the ticket and programme.

 

Famous 0-1 victory, it was a freezing night.

I have the very same programme. £4 I believe then....maybe worth more now!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Hearts v Killie, last day of the 1964-65 season. My first ever match. Valuable in Kilmarnock I believe. 


Just out of interest, why in Kilmarnock?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SectionDJambo

I have the 1954 League Cup final programme. An original copy, not the copy Hearts made some years later for a pack of memorabilia they sold.

I also have an away programme from the Dundee v Hearts game on my birthday in 1954.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

davemclaren
22 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:


Just out of interest, why in Kilmarnock?

Because they beat us 2-0 so we lost the league to them, on goal average, on the last day of the season. 😕

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, davemclaren said:

Because they beat us 2-0 so we lost the league to them, on goal average, on the last day of the season. 😕


Just like Dundee, in earlier post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

davemclaren
1 minute ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Does someone have the Dundee v Hearts programme, no need to guess which one!

In my loft I expect. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmfc1965

The 1956 cup final programme  

Kept by the father of one of my dad's friends,  along with a couple of papers from that day and the 1954 league Cup win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

mickycameron98

I also have the millennium derby programme. Don't know whether to burn it or flog it to a hibby for cash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hearts Heritage
14 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I have the 1954 League Cup final programme. An original copy, not the copy Hearts made some years later for a pack of memorabilia they sold.

I also have an away programme from the Dundee v Hearts game on my birthday in 1954.

 

Weather was wet that day so lots of programmes were damaged by the rain.

image.thumb.png.77326cd8911cbde232e4cd466e5cc932.png

Edited by Hearts Heritage
Link to comment
Share on other sites

luckydug

I stopped collecting programmes years ago but I still have some I keep for sentimental reasons. 

The away leg of our Uefa cup match in Prague v Dukla. 

Prague was a very different city back then still under USSR control. 

Have an old Third Lanark away programme. 

A very bedraggled dried out 1962 LC final programme. That day was probably the wettest I have ever got at a football match. 

England v Scotland Wembley 1965.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

queensferryjambo
10 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:


Just like Dundee, in earlier post.

 

Not really, the reason Kilmarnock fans will pay good money for it is they won the league title that day.

 

Dundee won nothing and in fact a copy of that program from Dens would be lucky to fetch a tenner. The Dens program isn't particularly rare and as programs go the 80s is not particularly collectible or hard to get in general.

 

Not sure many Dundee fans would see it as a Holy Grail and Hearts fans certainly don't consider it a must have ;) 

 

Dundee-V-Hearts-1986-Match-Programme-Celtic-FC.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

queensferryjambo
13 minutes ago, Hearts Heritage said:

Weather was wet that day so lots of programmes were damaged by the rain.

 

 

 

Out of interest what is the oldest known Hearts program known to exist please?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

been here before

Im trying to get my hands on a double header programme from a few seasins back. It covered the Everton friendly (3-1 Lukaku hat trick) and the Arbroath League cup game.

 

Waa my oldest laddies firat game and whilat the tickets are still intact I recently spilled coffee on the proramme. Theres a boy on here who usually has old programmes for sale in the Gorgie Suite (at least pre covid) but I cant remember his name on here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Im trying to get my hands on a double header programme from a few seasins back. It covered the Everton friendly (3-1 Lukaku hat trick) and the Arbroath League cup game.

 

Waa my oldest laddies firat game and whilat the tickets are still intact I recently spilled coffee on the proramme. Theres a boy on here who usually has old programmes for sale in the Gorgie Suite (at least pre covid) but I cant remember his name on here.

Jim Ross

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hearts Heritage
13 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

 

 

Out of interest what is the oldest known Hearts program known to exist please?

image.png.42947f9546c9ac55b82ec002170b06f9.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alex MacDonald

Currently selling season batches of home match programmes on Ebay from 73/74 onwards, but keeping the special ones, European ties and significant league games. For me, the most valuable home programme is the Lokomotiv Leipzig Cup Winners Cup home leg in '76. Space was becoming an issue, and I took a batch down to the Football Memories group in the museum pre-lockdown.

IMG_6714a.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back to 2005

Got hundreds of old Hearts programmes from the 70’s and 80’s including the one from that game at Dens. Sadly don’t think the collection is worth a lot! 
I spent a lot of my early teenage years buying them from a bloke called Alan Cunningham who had a shop down forth Street if I remember correctly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, been here before said:

Im trying to get my hands on a double header programme from a few seasins back. It covered the Everton friendly (3-1 Lukaku hat trick) and the Arbroath League cup game.

 

Waa my oldest laddies firat game and whilat the tickets are still intact I recently spilled coffee on the proramme. Theres a boy on here who usually has old programmes for sale in the Gorgie Suite (at least pre covid) but I cant remember his name on here.

@roscoe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SectionDJambo
49 minutes ago, Hearts Heritage said:

Weather was wet that day so lots of programmes were damaged by the rain.

image.thumb.png.77326cd8911cbde232e4cd466e5cc932.png

Yes. The guy who sold me it told me that and have since read reports saying it was very wet that day. It’s probably why there are so few available.

I was chuffed to get it because I reckon my father would have been at the game. He died less than a year later and missed the golden era.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

queensferryjambo
36 minutes ago, Hearts Heritage said:

image.png.42947f9546c9ac55b82ec002170b06f9.png

 

 

Wow that is incredible that still exists.

 

Thanks for posting the picture.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Independence
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Hearts v Killie, last day of the 1964-65 season. My first ever match. Valuable in Kilmarnock I believe. 

One of the worst day's in my life. Not good seeing your dad with tears in his eyes! Unbelievable that I had to live through it again at Dens Park!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hearts Heritage
5 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

 

 

Wow that is incredible that still exists.

 

Thanks for posting the picture.

We heard from a Museum Visitor (unconfirmed) that one sold for over £10,000. It is the oldest know Arsenal programme.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hearts Heritage

1882 fa cup final programme.jpg
In May 2013 a programme from this game sold at auction at Sotheby's for £35,250, a world record for a football programme.[

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Independence
38 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Got hundreds of old Hearts programmes from the 70’s and 80’s including the one from that game at Dens. Sadly don’t think the collection is worth a lot! 
I spent a lot of my early teenage years buying them from a bloke called Alan Cunningham who had a shop down forth Street if I remember correctly. 

I have a hundreds of programmes and several from the 50's collected by my father. I also have copies of the 'green' and 'pink' featuring the many cup/league wins hearts had in the 50's. I still collect. As you say they won't be worth a lot but....they are worth a lot to me! FYI, the subscription through Curtis Sports for next seasons Hearts programmes is now available. . I have paid the £115 for the season. This includes all European games so a good buy, in my opinion. If Hearts do have home games in the cup and venture further (I can dream)  in Europe then the programmes for these games are included. I am pleased with their service and look forward to the Hearts programme arriving even at the age of 65. It is part of the 'match day experience. Not for everyone but it is for me. Although, the Royal Mail did not do them any favours, their service during COVID , when fans were not allowed into the stadiums, was also good.

https://www.curtis-sport.com/online-store/Heart-of-Midlothian-2022-23-Home-Subscription-p472476641

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jbee647

I have the 1956 cup final Souvenir programme v Raith Rovers, the game at Tynecastle after the cup victory also the 1956 Hearts cup winners handbook

 

E8AECDCD-1AD8-430F-A4AF-81915D42B1C1.jpeg

810FD7A1-E357-469E-91EA-76787B0AC774.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, Independence said:

One of the worst day's in my life. Not good seeing your dad with tears in his eyes! Unbelievable that I had to live through it again at Dens Park!

I don’t think my old boy imagined it would be 33 years after that match  for Hearts to win another trophy.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

queensferryjambo
40 minutes ago, Hearts Heritage said:

We heard from a Museum Visitor (unconfirmed) that one sold for over £10,000. It is the oldest know Arsenal programme.

 

I really don't doubt it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fxxx the SPFL

I was at an auction at Ingliston a few year back and a large collection of Hearts memorabilia came up for sale a guy who had died a few years before I think his name was John Gray could be wrong ex police officer and one of the programmes went for around £2.5k it was the Hearts v Lausanne third game played at their stadium after the first two games ended tied if I’m wrong sure someone will correct me 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hmfc_steve
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Hearts v Killie, last day of the 1964-65 season. My first ever match. Valuable in Kilmarnock I believe. 

🙂 This was the first game I was taken to as well 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

dannymack
1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

Got hundreds of old Hearts programmes from the 70’s and 80’s including the one from that game at Dens. Sadly don’t think the collection is worth a lot! 
I spent a lot of my early teenage years buying them from a bloke called Alan Cunningham who had a shop down forth Street if I remember correctly. 

He then moved onto Spittal Street... "Football Crazy", he had a stall in the old building off Mcleod Street too. 

 

Many a missing item bought from Alan back in the day, all I can say is thank you John R Ure for his programme guide 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

I was at an auction at Ingliston a few year back and a large collection of Hearts memorabilia came up for sale a guy who had died a few years before I think his name was John Gray could be wrong ex police officer and one of the programmes went for around £2.5k it was the Hearts v Lausanne third game played at their stadium after the first two games ended tied if I’m wrong sure someone will correct me 

I’ve got that programme 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, hmfc_steve said:

🙂 This was the first game I was taken to as well 

I think my old man was thinking my first game would be Hearts winning the league. 😏

 

My mum made him buy tickets in the main stand as the terracing was too tough for me. I still have memories of the day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

dannymack
2 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Does someone have the Dundee v Hearts programme, no need to guess which one!

 

2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

 

Not really, the reason Kilmarnock fans will pay good money for it is they won the league title that day.

 

Dundee won nothing and in fact a copy of that program from Dens would be lucky to fetch a tenner. The Dens program isn't particularly rare and as programs go the 80s is not particularly collectible or hard to get in general.

 

Not sure many Dundee fans would see it as a Holy Grail and Hearts fans certainly don't consider it a must have ;) 

 

Dundee-V-Hearts-1986-Match-Programme-Celtic-FC.jpg

 

There a Hibs fan who has this programme with a picture of Albert Kidd framed and on his hall wall... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Salad Fingers

I have signed one from Love Street (can't remember the score that day. Think it was around 1990). The most valuable (to me anyway) is the 98 cup final one which I'll never part with. 

 

Still got loads that have been moved from house to house with me over the years. Stopped buying them around 2001 though as I got bored of them. Just became a habit buying one. They don't increase in value either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fxxx the SPFL
37 minutes ago, dannymack said:

He then moved onto Spittal Street... "Football Crazy", he had a stall in the old building off Mcleod Street too. 

 

Many a missing item bought from Alan back in the day, all I can say is thank you John R Ure for his programme guide 

Yep I got loads off Alan from football crazy then the Hibs lad down off Fester road Brian Johnson decent lad for a hobo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

queensferryjambo
37 minutes ago, dannymack said:

 

 

There a Hibs fan who has this programme with a picture of Albert Kidd framed and on his hall wall... 

 

I m not surprised at all. 
 

If you are going to be an idiot and support Hibs, why not be king of the idiots? 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fxxx the SPFL
39 minutes ago, Towzer said:

I’ve got that programme 😁

Good on you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

dannymack

The best pub quiz question involving Scottish football. 

 

When did Hamilton, Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Heart of Midlothian all play at Tynecastle on the same day ? 

FB_IMG_1480619323384-1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

dannymack
2 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

 

I m not surprised at all. 
 

If you are going to be an idiot and support Hibs, why not be king of the idiots? 😂

 

He proudly displays it every now and then on social media... the prick 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kiwidoug
1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

I have the 1956 cup final Souvenir programme v Raith Rovers, the game at Tynecastle after the cup victory also the 1956 Hearts cup winners handbook

 

E8AECDCD-1AD8-430F-A4AF-81915D42B1C1.jpeg

810FD7A1-E357-469E-91EA-76787B0AC774.jpeg

I had a good few of these handbooks from the '50s.  Gave them to my son.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...