Classic Matchday Programmes

mickycameron98

bigdavemaddog
3 hours ago, been here before said:

Im trying to get my hands on a double header programme from a few seasins back. It covered the Everton friendly (3-1 Lukaku hat trick) and the Arbroath League cup game.

Waa my oldest laddies firat game and whilat the tickets are still intact I recently spilled coffee on the proramme. Theres a boy on here who usually has old programmes for sale in the Gorgie Suite (at least pre covid) but I cant remember his name on here.

ive PM'd you

53 minutes ago, Towzer said:

I’ve got that programme 😁

What one ? both programmes are  worthless  😉image.thumb.png.be099e0e283f4de3402051f74238543a.png

Screenshot_20220626-193146_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220626-193118_eBay.jpg

Edited by dannymack

15 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Yep I got loads off Alan from football crazy then the Hibs lad down off Fester road Brian Johnson decent lad for a hobo

Alan is still on the go, Partick Thistle supporter. 

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Because they beat us 2-0 so we lost the league to them, on goal average, on the last day of the season. 😕

Don’t feed the troll Dave 

3 hours ago, Towzer said:

Jim Ross

Jim and Alison recently put up £6k to buy a medal at auction for our museum. Sadly it went for nearly 3 times that amount. Wonderful couple and a credit to our club and support 

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Hearts v Killie, last day of the 1964-65 season. My first ever match. Valuable in Kilmarnock I believe. 

4 hours ago, mickycameron98 said:

Could be valuable aye. Any idea how much it's worth?

4 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Just out of interest, why in Kilmarnock?

6 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Every fan knows about 64/65.😐

2 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Jim and Alison recently put up £6k to buy a medal at auction for our museum. Sadly it went for nearly 3 times that amount. Wonderful couple and a credit to our club and support 

A very sincere couple, would go out their way to help you, apart from the ironing bundle 🙃

Just now, dannymack said:

A very sincere couple, would go out their way to help you, apart from the ironing bundle 🙃

Absolutely mate. They wear their heart on their sleeve like most of us but don’t ask for publicity or acknowledgment. I’d love to see the club recognise their efforts and commitment to our wonderful institution 

4 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Was at England v Scotland 2000

Euro play off, still got the ticket and programme.

Famous 0-1 victory, it was a freezing night.

I've got the programme from the 2nd leg game at Hampden, sure my dad gave me it as I certainly wasn't there. Also got the programme from Celtics final in Seville, my step dad went over for it.

22games nro

Slightly off topic, my hobo mate (I know) was telling me a while back that Ron Gordon /hibs management had stopped producing a match day programme, if true I think that’s a real shame, a few of us will have still have our 1st programme or taking our kids to their 1st game and part of the ritual was getting their 1st programme ☹️
hope we never do away with that tradition, appreciate it might not be the best money maker around, but maybe I’m just old but think some things should be left alone and not every penny scrutinised.

Just now, 22games nro said:

Slightly off topic, my hobo mate (I know) was telling me a while back that Ron Gordon /hibs management had stopped producing a match day programme, if true I think that’s a real shame, a few of us will have still have our 1st programme or taking our kids to their 1st game and part of the ritual was getting their 1st programme ☹️
hope we never do away with that tradition, appreciate it might not be the best money maker around, but maybe I’m just old but think some things should be left alone and not every penny scrutinised.

Im sure when hibs announced they were stopping their programmes we increased the number of pages in ours.

16 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

I didn’t know this one, I just don’t have a good knowledge on Kilmarnock around that time.

Hearts Heritage
1 hour ago, dannymack said:

The best pub quiz question involving Scottish football. 

When did Hamilton, Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Heart of Midlothian all play at Tynecastle on the same day ? 

FB_IMG_1480619323384-1.jpg

You can't see the wood for the Forrest.

48 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

I didn’t know this one, I just don’t have a good knowledge on Kilmarnock around that time.

Or Heart of Midlothian it would seem.

Hearts Heritage
1 hour ago, dannymack said:

The best pub quiz question involving Scottish football. 

When did Hamilton, Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Heart of Midlothian all play at Tynecastle on the same day ? 

FB_IMG_1480619323384-1.jpg

Also
Sat 26 Nov 1949 Hearts 2 Motherwell 0 Division A

1 Richard Hamilton; 2 William Kilmarnock; 3 Charles Higgins;
4 Donald A McLeod; 5 Andrew Paton; 6 Willie Redpath;
7 Wilson Humphries; 8 James Watson; 9 Archibald Kelly; 10 Gordon Hunter Bremner; 11 John Aitkenhead

image.thumb.png.e2a7ac6e31a3c0dfa580295ca81b1a88.png

bigdavemaddog
1 hour ago, 22games nro said:

they produce a monthly magazine

davemclaren
1 hour ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Absolutely mate. They wear their heart on their sleeve like most of us but don’t ask for publicity or acknowledgment. I’d love to see the club recognise their efforts and commitment to our wonderful institution 

They got an award a few years back. Well deserved. 

Was there not a programme collection thing organised during our financial issues ? Is it still on the got I’ve  a few surplus programmes that I’m needing rid I’ve tried eBay but they’re modern up to date issues so not really collectible so not much interest I’d quite happily donate them to something If any use

Chuck Berry
4 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Out of interest what is the oldest known Hearts program known to exist please?

The first proper Hearts programme was issued in season 1924-25, and we've issued every season apart from the WW2 years - almost 100 years.  The centenary of the programme coincides with the clubs 150th.

It's important fans continue to buy the programme and stop it going the the same way as the Hibs one.  It improved a lot last season and well worth £3.50, less than the cost of a pint!

20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They got an award a few years back. Well deserved. 

Great stuff and very well deserved. Wasn’t too sure but fantastic their efforts don’t go unnoticed. Jim and Alison are an epitome for all budding Hearts supporters. I doff my cap to them any time I’m in the Gorgie suite. 

Chuck Berry
4 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Great stuff and very well deserved. Wasn’t too sure but fantastic their efforts don’t go unnoticed. Jim and Alison are an epitome for all budding Hearts supporters. I doff my cap to them any time I’m in the Gorgie suite. 

Really nice people.  A pity their stall isn't more easily accessible on matchday for everyone.

3 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Really nice people.  A pity their stall isn't more easily accessible on matchday for everyone.

It’s so easy for the youth of today to follow success. I absolutely hate any glory  hunter from Edinburgh supporting the erse cheeks. So when I see Jim and Alison devote their free time to our club then I’m truly humbled by their endeavours. I’d love to see this out in the concourse or the plaza and just to have our youth realise what it means to have a club that is truly adored by our support. It always makes me proud to be a Jambo when I see the efforts that Jim and Alison put into our club. 

queensferryjambo
11 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

The first proper Hearts programme was issued in season 1924-25, and we've issued every season apart from the WW2 years - almost 100 years.  The centenary of the programme coincides with the clubs 150th.

It's important fans continue to buy the programme and stop it going the the same way as the Hibs one.  It improved a lot last season and well worth £3.50, less than the cost of a pint!

That is great info, thank you for that.