How much did grow from the age of 15 to adulthood?

Dawnrazor

Was it 1 inch? 6inch? More? Less?

My son is crapping himself he's going to be a short arse, he's 5ft 6 or 7 just now, I'm 6 ft, my dad was 6 ft, my Father in law was 6 ft 1 so there's tallish genes on both sides.

Edited by Dawnrazor

Something wrong with being short? 🤷  been 5ft7 since I was 12. Get him to concentrate on more important things in life than how tall he is. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

22 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

My son is crapping himself he's going to be a short arse, he's 5ft 6 or 7 just now, I'm 6 ft, my dad was 6 ft, my Father in law was 6 ft 1 so there's tallish genes on both sides.

is the milkman or postman 5ft 6?

Just now, milky_26 said:

is the milkman or postman 5ft 6?

I can't remember although that thought has went through my mind😅

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Something wrong with being short? 🤷  been 5ft7 since I was 12. Get him to concentrate on more important things in life than how tall he is. 

It's his rugby, he sees himself as a Full Back or Outside Centre but just now he says he's too bloody small for a Scrum Half😅

I'm not overly worried but his mates have all hit a bit of a growth spurt this last wee while but he seems to have stalled.

I can't honestly remember how much I grew in that time I was just wondering how much others grew.

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It's his rugby, he sees himself as a Full Back or Outside Centre but just now he says he's too bloody small for a Scrum Half😅

I'm not overly worried but his mates have all hit a bit of a growth spurt this last wee while but he seems to have stalled.

I can't honestly remember how much I grew in that time I was just wondering how much others grew.

Think you can still grow  until 21 

16 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Think there is potential to grow until your 18. Suppose things like proper nutrition, exercise and having the right genetics will do the rest. I would be getting him to concentrate on what he has at his disposal already and make the most of that. 👍

Edited by AlimOzturk

I seem to remember Hearts almost let Craig Gordon go when he was around that age as he wasn’t big enough to be a keeper at well under 6’ 

6 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

Size isn't important :whistling:

Apparently it is to a wee fifteen year old!

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I seem to remember Hearts almost let Craig Gordon go when he was around that age as he wasn’t big enough to be a keeper at well under 6’ 

I'll tell him that, cheers.

54 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I had just turned 16 when I went for my medical at Ferranti, the nurse smiled sympathetically at me and said I'll put you down as 5' 7", I was actually a wee bit less than that.  I'm now 6'.

I'm 5ft 7...maybe 8.

My 14 years old son is 6ft 1...maybe even taller.

I had/have scoliosis and had my spine surgically straightened when I was 12. Operation added inch and a half to my height but ultimately if I had more growing to do the condition and the back full of metal impinged on that.

That's why I always tell folk I'm the right weight....I'm just the wrong height.

6 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Length or girth?

2 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Depth 

:greggy:

I was 6' 1" at 17 1/2 and I know I hadn't grown much since leaving school at fifteen.

As far as other girth is concerned I was having a pee behind a gas pump at a filling station and a woman saw junior and thought he was the gas pump, she realised her error and kindly let go after about ten minutes.

Edited by Sharpie

3 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I was 6' 1" at 17 1/2 and I know I hadn't grown much since leaving school at fifteen.

As far as other girth is concerned I was having a pee behind a gas pump at a filling station and a woman saw junior and thought he was the gas pump, she realised her error and kindly let go after about ten minutes.

:oohmatron:

A Boy Named Crow
2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Was your milkman short arse???

22 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Was your milkman short arse???

Ask milky_26.

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I shot up at about 16, 6,2 now.  I was always much smaller than my brother then just shot past him at 16. He looks like my dads side who are all tall and I take after my mums side who were all the short arses. 

I think I might have... There's no way to put it without welcoming :oohmatron: so I won't. 

6 ft then, but I might be 5 11 and 3/4s now. 

Was always one of the taller in my primary school, but in high school I don't remember being particularly tall. Was also pretty gangly when younger but in my teens, I filled out a bit more rather than grow. Then in my late teens I sprouted up again and I'm now 6'3. Can't remember for definite but sure I was only about 5'9/5'10 when I was 15.

Seaside jambo

Was 6ft2 when I left school at 16.Grew another 2inches in the next year. When my son left school he was 6ft4 and grew another two inches the following year, My youngest grandson is 3 years old next month and he is 3ft2 just now so think he’s going to be a big guy 

23 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Not much I reckon, I was always one of the tallest in my year and I think I reached my current height by around 16. (6'2")

I went to school with a guy called Malky and he was always known as wee Malky all his childhood. Even at 17 he was really short. He needed a cushion to see over the steering wheel last time I met him.

I saw his Facebook profile years later which was of him standing next to Andy Murrays mum and he was towering over her. Hadn't seem him in years but he's well over 6ft. 

All these bursds on tinder asking if guys are over 6 ft. They'd soon get offended if some dude was to ask how much they weighed. 😆 

5 hours ago, Seaside jambo said:

Was 6ft2 when I left school at 16.Grew another 2inches in the next year. When my son left school he was 6ft4 and grew another two inches the following year, My youngest grandson is 3 years old next month and he is 3ft2 just now so think he’s going to be a big guy 

My daughter is 3ft 1in at two and a half...

I was in the smaller half of guys in my year then at 13 I was 5 ft 10. Thought I was going to be over 6 foot, however I never grew anymore.

HeartsandonlyHearts
On 12/06/2022 at 16:35, JudyJudyJudy said:

Think you can still grow  until 21 

Fact. I’m still growing at 60. 

Doctor FinnBarr
On 14/06/2022 at 20:11, Sir Craig Gordon said:

I was tiny at highschool. Probably lucky if i was 5ft 7. Left school at 15 and took at growth spurt. 6ft 2 now.

I still am wee at 5ft 4, wonder if thats why I get called Tich?