125cc Scooter Help Needed Please

sean_hmfc1874

sean_hmfc1874

couple of days ago driving home from work just after coming off the bypass at hermiston gait my Honda Dylan started losing power and eventualy going no faster than 10mph, it has recently been serviced and oil also changed and i have taken the panels off and had a look and ther seems to be no problem that i can see, any bike experts know what might be the problem? cheers.

Seems a bit of a coincidence that you hit a problem just after its been serviced. I'd take it back to the garage that did the service and get them to look at it.

I had abreakdown after a service once. Took it back to the garage and they sorted it free of charge. Never told me what was wrong though. :rolleyes:

Brakes binding on? They'll be damnably hot after going out for a run if this is happening, so don't touch the discs/drums - you should be able to feel radiant heat.

Or an incorrect fuel/air mixture. Manky air filter or (eek) punctured carburettor diaphragm or just manky carbs.

Or probably any of a zillion other things I can't think of at the moment.

Miller Jambo 60
couple of days ago driving home from work just after coming off the bypass at hermiston gait my Honda Dylan started losing power and eventualy going no faster than 10mph, it has recently been serviced and oil also changed and i have taken the panels off and had a look and ther seems to be no problem that i can see, any bike experts know what might be the problem? cheers.

Back to the garage mate ,sounds like an electrical connection to the plugs have come off.

sean_hmfc1874
Back to the garage mate ,sounds like an electrical connection to the plugs have come off.

where about would i find that mate? ther was some kind of plug disconnected but it didnt seem to have anywher to connect too.

where about would i find that mate? ther was some kind of plug disconnected but it didnt seem to have anywher to connect too.

Wouldn't have thought this would be your problem.

I would imagine with it being a 125 it will only have 1 spark plug, meaning if the cable wasn't on, the scooter would't even start.

I would agree with above that the best bet would be to take it back and let them sort it.

I would imagine with it being a 125 it will only have 1 spark plug, meaning if the cable wasn't on, the scooter would't even start.

I would agree with above that the best bet would be to take it back and let them sort it.

Would agree with that. 125 = single cylinder = single spark plug. If the connection to the spark plug had gone, it wouldn't run at all.

sean_hmfc1874

it wasnt the spark plug cable that was disconnected mate, the bike still starts and runs at 10mph.

Miller Jambo 60
Would agree with that. 125 = single cylinder = single spark plug. If the connection to the spark plug had gone, it wouldn't run at all.

Correct bud maybe dirt involved im used to cars.

Seems a bit of a coincidence that you hit a problem just after its been serviced. I'd take it back to the garage that did the service and get them to look at it.

I had abreakdown after a service once. Took it back to the garage and they sorted it free of charge. Never told me what was wrong though. :rolleyes:

Listen to Therapist, he's an expert on mopeds :thumb:

Archived