Pre season friendlies

Clerry Jambo

2 hours ago, Preston Jambo said:

If you mean this one, it's called the Summners and has been demolished and is now flats I believe.

P7150084.jpg

That looks like it right enough. 

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the general

• Rockwell

• davemclaren

• Jambo 4 Ever

the general
On 15/07/2022 at 15:07, Siggy said:

Loads of new ones opened up in the last couple of years, i live just over the river from Preston, so if anyone wants a recommendation, i will be happy to pass on details!

Yes please 

We ended up in the Station Hotel last week that seemed to have been refurbished. Was in a decent Italian type cafe bar on main street a few months ago.

Place is getting better at last

10 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Anyone staying in Blackpool

Im staying in Blackpool for two nights. Travelling down tomorrow lunchtime for this and taking my nephew after a trip to the pleasure beach 

Doctor FinnBarr
11 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Getting my tickets tomorrow morning as TO closed today. My B&B is on the Blackpool Road. Going down by train Wednesday morning and returning by train Thursday morning.

Are you guys not on strike those days then?

Doctor FinnBarr
11 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Getting my tickets tomorrow morning as TO closed today. My B&B is on the Blackpool Road. Going down by train Wednesday morning and returning by train Thursday morning.

John Findlay
7 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Not me, haven't been on strike yet.

Next strike day by the RMT nationwide  is the 27th of July.

We_are_the_Hearts
On 15/07/2022 at 15:07, Siggy said:

Loads of new ones opened up in the last couple of years, i live just over the river from Preston, so if anyone wants a recommendation, i will be happy to pass on details!

Best pubs pre game?

davemclaren

Will Hearts end tickets be on sale tomorrow night at Preston? I think the answer is yes but can’t remember for sure. 🥸

John Findlay
15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Will Hearts end tickets be on sale tomorrow night at Preston? I think the answer is yes but can’t remember for sure. 🥸

I believe so. We are in the Bill Shankly Kop End. Which when you see Deepdale on the telly is the end behind the goals to the right.

Preston Jambo
21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Spoke to the PNE ticket office on Saturday and they said they would be.

2 minutes ago, Preston Jambo said:

Hearts TV or ppv? 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Preston Jambo said:

👍

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I believe so. We are in the Bill Shankly Kop End. Which when you see Deepdale on the telly is the end behind the goals to the right.

👍

23 hours ago, Marvin said:

My B&B for the night is 5 mins from the station. Has anyone who ahs ordered their ticket for royal mail delivery received their ticket yet? I would have thought I'd have mine by now,   I ordered it on Thursday. Which leaves tomorrow because I'm leaving for Preston early on Wednesday morning.

Mine arrived on Saturday, they were posted first class

22 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I was down the first time we played them and there was a massive pub with a beer garden behind the ground. 

That was The Sumners, sadly no longer there, neither is The Garrison across the road from it.

21 hours ago, Preston Jambo said:

If you mean this one, it's called the Summners and has been demolished and is now flats I believe.

P7150084.jpg

Yep, this has definitely gone, The closest drinking place to the ground is St Gregorys Catholic Club, not sure if away fans are allowed in. Best pub on the way to the ground is The Moorbrook, the home fans are usually pretty welcoming 

13 hours ago, the general said:

Yes please 

We ended up in the Station Hotel last week that seemed to have been refurbished. Was in a decent Italian type cafe bar on main street a few months ago.

Place is getting better at last

Try any of the places on Winkley Street, just up Fishergate, 5 mins from the Station. Plau on Friargate is a cracking old pub with a medieval well in the basement, their outside area backs onto another bar called Once was Lost. If you like burgers and video games then Smashed is the place to go.

3 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Best pubs pre game?

Depends what type of pub you are after, there are some big ones on Fishergate, spoons, slug and lettuce, revolution and Hogarths. If you want proper independant pubs then try, The Guild Ale House, The Orchard, Plau. City centre is only a 20 min walk to the ground. If you fancy a riverside beer garden the pop down to The Continental and get a taxi to the ground.

We_are_the_Hearts
14 minutes ago, Siggy said:

Depends what type of pub you are after, there are some big ones on Fishergate, spoons, slug and lettuce, revolution and Hogarths. If you want proper independant pubs then try, The Guild Ale House, The Orchard, Plau. City centre is only a 20 min walk to the ground. If you fancy a riverside beer garden the pop down to The Continental and get a taxi to the ground.

Thanks what’s the nearest pub to the ground

7 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Thanks what’s the nearest pub to the ground

Probably The Moorbrook but they were closed yesterday as their beer cooler broke in the heat! Other than that there are a couple of pubs on Meadow Street, which leads onto Deepdale Road, but I think these are home fans only on match days. Away fans often get put into The Vic, which is opposite the station, it's crap.

the general
51 minutes ago, Siggy said:

Try any of the places on Winkley Street, just up Fishergate, 5 mins from the Station. Plau on Friargate is a cracking old pub with a medieval well in the basement, their outside area backs onto another bar called Once was Lost. If you like burgers and video games then Smashed is the place to go.

Thanks

And best place for a late drink?

Just now, the general said:

Thanks

And best place for a late drink?

As it is midweek the options are a bit limited, Slug and Lettuce is 11pm, Twelve Tellers (Spoons) is midnight, Revolution is midnight, Hogaths is 11pm. Friargate Tap Room and Plau are both 11pm. Review which is a cocktail type place is open until 4 in the morning, it is located in the Guild Hall.

Jambo 4 Ever

Wonder if shankland and any possible new strikers will play v stoke?!

i think they should so they have a chance to get to know the players playing 

3 hours ago, Siggy said:

Mine arrived on Saturday, they were posted first class

Yeah I emailed them. I have something arranged however and worse comes to worse I will speak to Preston TO when I arrive tomorrow afternoon. I also have my confirmation of purchase.  

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Terrible idea playing a new player for his new team 

1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Ticket didn't arrive. 

Mines didn't  but I have something arranged. I'm sure Preston will help tomorrow. As long as you have your confirmation I'm sure it won't be a problem. 

Edited by Marvin

colinmaroon
4 hours ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Is the Preston game available to stream or on Hearts tv for international subscribers. 

No news as usual.

However, a match pass for Preston TV is £5

https://www.pnefc.net/ifollow/subscribe/

Memories of the friendly at Preston after we got knocked out of the 1st round of the Scottish Cup.  It was a Friday night game and we went to Man U v Norwich Cup tie at Old Trafford the next day,  Norwich won.

22 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Mines didn't  but I have something arranged. I'm sure Preston will help tomorrow. As long as you have your confirmation I'm sure it won't be a problem. 

I've been to Preston on many occassions, they help nobody 😐

49 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Yeah I emailed them. I have something arranged however and worse comes to worse I will speak to Preston TO when I arrive tomorrow afternoon. I also have my confirmation of purchase.  

Hope you get something sorted. Might be worth emailing the nobbers ticket office today.

jambo-in-furness

For what it’s worth,  I’m driving through from Barrow tomorrow night without tickets,  the ticket office at Preston FC is open from 6pm and tickets are available for the Hearts end cash or card.

the general
4 hours ago, Siggy said:

As it is midweek the options are a bit limited, Slug and Lettuce is 11pm, Twelve Tellers (Spoons) is midnight, Revolution is midnight, Hogaths is 11pm. Friargate Tap Room and Plau are both 11pm. Review which is a cocktail type place is open until 4 in the morning, it is located in the Guild Hall.

Thanks midnight might be late enough

periodictabledancer
2 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

For what it’s worth,  I’m driving through from Barrow tomorrow night without tickets,  the ticket office at Preston FC is open from 6pm and tickets are available for the Hearts end cash or card.

Cheers, that's saved me going up early.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

They'll probably train together as well. 

They'll meet then, get to know each other. 

8 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

No news as usual.

Memories of the friendly at Preston after we got knocked out of the 1st round of the Scottish Cup.  It was a Friday night game and we went to Man U v Norwich Cup tie at Old Trafford the next day,  Norwich won.

Ok I’m going to look daft, but is this a cheap PPV? 

colinmaroon
4 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Ok I’m going to look daft, but is this a cheap PPV? 

Yes.

25 minutes ago, the general said:

Going to be fun today ... no trains between Carlisle and Preston until overhead cables get fixed

Are they putting on replacement buses? 

14 hours ago, the general said:

Thanks midnight might be late enough

No probs, enjoy the game and the beers!

15 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Just be aware parking isn't great near the ground as it is all terrace streets with most households having at least one car. As it is a friendly there might be space on the club car park or on Moor Park Ave

the general
22 minutes ago, Siggy said:

Are they putting on replacement buses? 

They aren't sure of course

8.12 now cancelled

10.12 still running to Carlisle at present

1 hour ago, the general said:

8.12 now cancelled

Fingers crossed they get it sorted

John Findlay
1 hour ago, the general said:

8.12 now cancelled

See the Heads up thread. Alternative train route travel advice given.

1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Any pubs where Jambos are heading? Here already and quite a few to choose from!!

Been here since yesterday, been in several pubs yet to even see another hearts supporter .so must be in hiding somewhere the hunt goes on 🤣

23 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

No news as usual.

Thanks for that. Should be a good game. Glad you have good memories.