Billy Sharp got headbutted by a Nottingham Forrest fan.

jamboinglasgow

9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Do you kick Huddersfield out too then?

Don't know what they've done, but yeah, keep kicking them out and Millwall will be awarded Promotion because of their good behaviour.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SE16 3LN

• dannymack

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

millerjames398
6 hours ago, dannymack said:

The very fact he was standing doing absolutely nothing to warrant that cowardly assault makes it even more frustrating, cowardly and disgusting. 

Two wrongs don't make a right but I wonder if the perpetrator, once caught, would be willing to go face to face with him? Highly unlikely until it goes to court proceedings. 

Remember the 3 lettered question ? 

It'll be the first question asked... why ? 

Aye a total sly ****er move that, boys lucky his neck didn't snap with that force, and as you say hands in his pocket, lookin the other way, not expecting it, just a shitty move, from what I saw it looked like the goalie coach went sprinting after the culprit..hopefully got a few slaps(in the struggle😉) if he caught him🇱🇻

The only way to discourage it is lengthy jail terms.

Assault, criminal damage, trespass, nail them for anything you can.

Even go as far as to charge them with rioting.

18 months in the jail will soon make people stop and think before jumping the barriers.

1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Punishing the club is the only action that will deter this behaviour across football. WTF have Millwall got to do with it? Forrest fans behave disgracefu;ly, the dingo shagger blames Millwall 😂.

ONE Forest fan behaved disgracefully. 

When that bell end ran on and ‘assaulted’ Lennon would it have been fair and reasonable to punish Hearts with a point deduction or exclusion or shutting the ground down. No it wouldn’t. 

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

When that bell end ran on and ‘assaulted’ Lennon would it have been fair and reasonable to punish Hearts with a point deduction or exclusion or shutting the ground down. No it wouldn’t. 

To be fair, hundreds ran on which makes it easier for the one nutter to do his stuff. Without the pitch invasion the one guy was likely getting no-where near a player. 

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Don't know what they've done, but yeah, keep kicking them out and Millwall will be awarded Promotion because of their good behaviour.

They had a mass pitch invasion too, including running up, noising up and putting their hands on Luton players who were trying to applaud their fans.

Gordon Ramsay
2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Pitch invasions are just so naff, and morons are doing them at more and more non-events.

Grown adults invading the pitch, just to get their phones out so they can video themselves behaving like a clown, to put on their Facebook and Snapchat. 

Cringe.

Exactly. 

Total bellends. 

WTF is going on here, I thought it was only the playoff semis last night?

They haven't even achieved anything yet and they had a pitch invasion?  :rofl: 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Clubs have to take responsibility fot what happens in their stadiums. Points deductions and/or bans will put a stop to this sort of behaviour. Lets get rid of racism, sectarianism and violence in out stadiums. or we could stick our heads in the sand and pretend it didn't happen as you seem to propose. 

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

They had a mass pitch invasion too, including running up, noising up and putting their hands on Luton players who were trying to applaud their fans.

Ban the ****ers, Millwall for the Premiership.

Rogue Daddy
5 hours ago, OTT said:

I don’t think a cage/fence can be considered. Maybe some kind on netting directly behind the goals to stop stuff getting chucked, but anything that physically would stop fans getting onto the pitch like a cage I think would be a kind of health hazard. 

Coming down on the club like a ton of bricks might do something though. Points deduction, fine etc. 

You are right though, common sense sadly lacking 🫤

'Strict Liability' is not something that will happen on the SPFL's watch. Why? Because, more than likely, it'll be the uglie's orks that are most likely to do the damage... and the spfl will never stand up to THEM.

FIFA and UEFA (IIRC) adopt this measure... it's why the OF get fined so often when playing European games.

Threat of points deduction or making clubs play behind closed doors, would certainly make some of these idiots stop and think.

Cup final 2019 or one of the Hampden games around 2018-2020 (I forget) got of at Mount Florida amongst several hundred hearts fans and was speaking to a women in full hearts gear who claimed that she was Bill Sharpe's mother in law - no prompts from other than she said her son in law played for an English team and I asked who............................

The Hogfather

Anyone have an idea why someone would have a beef with Billy Sharp anyway? Always seemed like one of the more likeable guys in football. 

chuck berrys hairline

Videos just surfacing of Ollie McBurnie kicking a forest fan as he was down on the pitch! 

Surely a ban coming for him

J.T.F.Robertson

Lucky it wasn't Bob. They'd be reading him his rights in ICU. ;)

4 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I’m pretty sure I read that Dundee United fans had a pitch invasion when they took fourth the other week.

tragic behaviour 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Nunya Business said:

Anyone have an idea why someone would have a beef with Billy Sharp anyway? Always seemed like one of the more likeable guys in football. 

He had a season on loan at Forest. I can only imagine that some Forest meat-head decided he had a grudge for something or other done a couple of seasons ago.

I saw the video of it (didn't show up in the OP) and I'd say that as well as stitches, Shard should have a HIA for concussion. Absolutely mental :(

9 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I’m pretty sure I read that Dundee United fans had a pitch invasion when they took fourth the other week.

tragic behaviour 

:rofl: weirdos

The Hogfather
9 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

He had a season on loan at Forest. I can only imagine that some Forest meat-head decided he had a grudge for something or other done a couple of seasons ago.

I saw the video of it (didn't show up in the OP) and I'd say that as well as stitches, Shard should have a HIA for concussion. Absolutely mental :(

I wonder if it’s that or just him being keen to have a pop at someone involved with Sheffield United. No doubt some cheap ching was involved at some point in his life. 

Imagine watching your team make it to Wembley for the first time in 30 years, only to miss the game because you’re behind bars for cheap shotting someone like that. 

Criminal trial fast-tracked.

30-year-old Robert Biggs, 30, from Ilkeston, Derbyshire, plead guilty and was given 24 weeks in jail.

That's nowhere near long enough to be a deterrent.

He was also slapped with a ten year football banning order.

Edited by Cade

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Cade said:

30-year-old Robert Biggs, 30, from Ilkeston, Derbyshire, plead guilty and was given 24 weeks in jail.

24 weeks in pokey is plenty to feck up his life for a lot longer than that. He'll be earning nothing (claims to have a mortgage); he'll struggle to be employed when released (though I don't know what line of work he's in) and he's going to miss the final :D

23 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

22 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

22 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

I wonder if it’s that or just him being keen to have a pop at someone involved with Sheffield United. No doubt some cheap ching was involved at some point in his life. 

Imagine watching your team make it to Wembley for the first time in 30 years, only to miss the game because you’re behind bars for cheap shotting someone like that. 

Probably more to do with the severe bad blood between the two sides going back to the miners strikes of the 80's and 1920's where on both occasions sheffield/yorkshire miners went on strike, nottinghams didn't and since then there has been very bad blood with the blades fans still chanting that forest are scabs to this day

52 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

24 weeks in pokey is plenty to feck up his life for a lot longer than that. He'll be earning nothing (claims to have a mortgage); he'll struggle to be employed when released (though I don't know what line of work he's in) and he's going to miss the final :D

Yup, seems like a reasonable sentence to me.

I P Knightley
57 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Probably more to do with the severe bad blood between the two sides going back to the miners strikes of the 80's and 1920's where on both occasions sheffield/yorkshire miners went on strike, nottinghams didn't and since then there has been very bad blood with the blades fans still chanting that forest are scabs to this day

The guilty party is only 30 years old. That would be a remarkable bit of chip shouldering!

7 hours ago, Cade said:

Is there not an automatic ⅓ rd off the sentence therefore he'll obviously not do the 6 months ? 

Absolute clown.

19 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I've just seen the incident for the first time. I hope he gets 5 years. 

He got 6 months mate

Sooperstar

Another pitch invasion after the Port Vale v Swindon shootout. Fair bit of fighting between the Swindon players and the Port Vale arseboles.

Patrick Viera just been shown on Sky twatting an Everton fan who was baiting him as he tries to get off the pitch. 

King prawn
17 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

What do these idiots expect ? Antagonising an opposition manager simply leaving the pitch. Fair play to Viera and I’m disappointed he didn’t clear the idiot out properly. 

SectionDJambo

This habit of pitch invasion is going to result in fences going back up in England. Something we never thought we’d see again after Hillsborough and Bradford.

Unless common sense prevails and people stop doing it when players are still on the pitch, what alternative is there to provide safety for the players?
I still find it annoying, but not surprising, that Hibs and their “exuberant” fans didn’t get some sanction applied after the shameful scenes when they won the cup. 

Now being reported that Swindon players were physically and verbally abused after Port Vale fans invaded the pitch.  This is getting totally out of hand.

2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

This habit of pitch invasion is going to result in fences going back up in England. Something we never thought we’d see again after Hillsborough and Bradford.

Unless common sense prevails and people stop doing it when players are still on the pitch, what alternative is there to provide safety for the players?
I still find it annoying, but not surprising, that Hibs and their “exuberant” fans didn’t get some sanction applied after the shameful scenes when they won the cup. 

If the Rangers fans hadn't followed suit then Hibs probably would have been sanctioned, however the SFA couldn't sanction Hibs alone and bottled out of upsetting Rangers.

On 18/05/2022 at 22:05, Ray Gin said:

Forest are the Aberdeen of England. They had a brief successful period because of an exceptional manager and still think they'll rise to that level again.

Monkey see, Monkey do. Every game in England, this will happen and now we get to see it on tv, it'll happen here. 

Hopefully it doesn't happen on Saturday.

And celebrating not being relegated is a bit Hibs. Pathetic. Go home and thank your lucky stars. It's embarrassing.

Nelly Terraces

Got family who are Everton supporters & are raging at the melts who invaded the pitch as they were looking forward to the players & management coming back out to do a lap round the pitch to thank the fans. They said that the majority of fans aren't happy with the invaders & can assure people the wee scrote noising up Vierra will get grassed up to the cops as its an utter embarrassment to EFC.

Utter gutless cowards only doing it because they feel safe in numbers. See the 2 blokes who tried it on with Patrick backed off when he looked at them. 

Tommy Brown

There you have it.

on a day it nationally publicised that the Forest ned is jailed, we get further incidents of invasions and assaults.

Proves that the sentence isn't a deterent.

as Ri says Monkey see, monkey do.

Clubs must be hammered for their fans behaviour.

League Two playoff between Port Vale and Swindon last night also saw a pitch invasion, with home fans attacking Swindon players in the centre circle.

English football is on the verge of returning to the bad old days of the 1970s.

Edited by Cade

16 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

The guilty party is only 30 years old. That would be a remarkable bit of chip shouldering!

Not really, it's fairly easy for fans to pick up on historical bad blood between sides, especially when there are teenagers following the OF that base it on events more than 300 years ago, there will also be 30 year old Rangers fans that hate Aberdeen because of a tackle on Ian Durrant that happened before they were born, plenty of examples

periodictabledancer
2 hours ago, escobri said:

Unreal, not surprised he reacted.

Good to see some real fans protecting him and shepherding him away. Hopefully that spangle gets a life ban. 

I P Knightley
44 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Not really, it's fairly easy for fans to pick up on historical bad blood between sides, especially when there are teenagers following the OF that base it on events more than 300 years ago, there will also be 30 year old Rangers fans that hate Aberdeen because of a tackle on Ian Durrant that happened before they were born, plenty of examples

Fair enough. When you bring the irrationality of the old firm into it as an illustration, you win the argument :D. I'm glad that I've grown up with better things to worry about than whether the Germans bombed my granny's chip shop or whatever!

The Billy Sharp incident could have been a lot worse that it was for Sharp and I think 24 weeks is nowhere near long enough.

As for the Vieira incident, hopefully they give the guy a life ban and I'm not surprised Vieira reacted.

It does feel like crowd issues are escalating and it's only a matter of time before something even more serious happens.    

Percival King
2 hours ago, TurboT said:

The Billy Sharp incident could have been a lot worse that it was for Sharp and I think 24 weeks is nowhere near long enough.

As for the Vieira incident, hopefully they give the guy a life ban and I'm not surprised Vieira reacted.

It does feel like crowd issues are escalating and it's only a matter of time before something even more serious happens.    

It does indeed feel like these incidents are escalating but we're also at stage of the season where there are so many important games and, where there have been incidents in the past week, I think they've all been where the home team has had a critical victory which has prompted the pitch invasion. This will all subside in a week or so. But then could rear it's head again a year from now, particularly if it's not addressed now.

Whilst there's understandable sympathy for Viera, the problem perhaps for him is how this would be dealt with out in the street. If some wee scumbag started getting in my face (I don't think he was touched) like the Everton fan did, would the law say that am I entitled to assault him? Wonder if what the Everton fan said was what prompted Viera's reaction.