Billy Sharp got headbutted by a Nottingham Forrest fan.

jamboinglasgow

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SE16 3LN

• dannymack

• I P Knightley

• Section Q

Top Posters In This Topic

millerjames398

That's the cheapest of cheap shots,,flattened the guy,,think there's gonna be a wee bit xtra needle, in these games, next season if forest stay down..

I watched this and was shocked at the lack of police/security presence towards the end. It was cleary a risk and they seemed so unprepared for it. Suppose there is not much you can do when 1000's of fan want to get on the pitch but that is shocking and hope that guy is found and changed 

I really don't like these pitch invasions that were seeing every time someone wins a "tense" game. Of course, it has always happened in the past, but it seems like it's happening more and more. 

All it takes is a handful of arseholes in the hundreds of people on to do something like we've just seen.  It's scary to think that someone could come into the stadium with a blade or broken glass bottle (see what happened with Rangers fans), come onto the pitch and attack a player, and do it relatively anonymously due to the volume of people. 

There should be zero tolerance for this nonsense.  On the pitch, you get a lifetime ban to all stadiums in the country.

Hearts1975
9 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I really don't like these pitch invasions that were seeing every time someone wins a "tense" game. Of course, it has always happened in the past, but it seems like it's happening more and more. 

All it takes is a handful of arseholes in the hundreds of people on to do something like we've just seen.  It's scary to think that someone could come into the stadium with a blade or broken glass bottle (see what happened with Rangers fans), come onto the pitch and attack a player, and do it relatively anonymously due to the volume of people. 

There should be zero tolerance for this nonsense.  On the pitch, you get a lifetime ban to all stadiums in the country.

You hit the nail on the head 

When you have a full scale pitch invasion there is a real danger that any incident that takes place isn't picked up by a camera and due to bodies actually blocking the incident 

I'm talking about some arsehole using a knife in this particular instance 

Go after the perpetrator, yes, but don't lose sight of the root cause and that would be to allow these pitch invasions to happen in the first place. As you said and worryingly, they seem to be on the increase as opposed to the other way around 

Is it going to take someone being seriously injured or worst still, killed, before anything is actually done about it 

99.99% of the pitch invaders would have no intention of doing anything, other than trying to celebrate with their own team, but they need to realise all it takes is having 0.01% of a scumbag to run on with them and not for the same purpose 

Jambo 4 Ever
21 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Seems to be more arseholes who go lllthe games too

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

Hearts fans

Hibs fans

Celtic fans

Aberdeen fans

Motherwell fans

Dundee/Utd fans etc etc

3 hours ago, millerjames398 said:

That's the cheapest of cheap shots,,flattened the guy,,think there's gonna be a wee bit xtra needle, in these games, next season if forest stay down..

The very fact he was standing doing absolutely nothing to warrant that cowardly assault makes it even more frustrating, cowardly and disgusting. 

Two wrongs don't make a right but I wonder if the perpetrator, once caught, would be willing to go face to face with him? Highly unlikely until it goes to court proceedings. 

Remember the 3 lettered question ? 

It'll be the first question asked... why ? 

Forest should be kicked out for that. And the psychopath who did it, gaoled. But I'm sure Simon Jordan will be along soon to tell us it didn't happen.

Peakybunnet
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Forest should be kicked out for that. And the psychopath who did it, gaoled. But I'm sure Simon Jordan will be along soon to tell us it didn't happen.

Really? Hard to see what they could have done to stop it. 

Thousands on the pitch celebrating and one eejet spoils it all. 

manaliveits105

Hope Huddersfield scud them apart from the assault their keeper was a knob at the penalties 

52 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Really? Hard to see what they could have done to stop it. 

Thousands on the pitch celebrating and one eejet spoils it all. 

And that's the way the cookies crumble. Clubs are very good at taking no responsibility. Maybe this will change it and other fans will deal with these animals.

Not even sure why the Forrest fans felt the need to invade the pitch anyway. It was only a semi final win at the end of the day.

I also don't see why clubs get punished (usually fined) for one daftie running on the pitch during a game but given no ****s when half the stadium floods on to the pitch at the end.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

This.

3 hours ago, dannymack said:

Hearts fans

Hibs fans

Celtic fans

Aberdeen fans

Motherwell fans

Dundee/Utd fans etc an isolated b etc

When did Hearts fans invade a pitch like that and attack players ? 

I'm talking about real invasions not one fan running on to pitch. 

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Hope Huddersfield scud them apart from the assault their keeper was a knob at the penalties 

Bryce Samba good as a number 2 on football manager for me when managing Tottenham 😂

5 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Pitch invasions are embarrassing. 

Kids on the pitch, youths and young men thinking there casuals on the pitch all with the mobile phone up in the air taking selfies what’s the point you get on the pitch then to do what walk off it?

Imagine the rage if we had a pitch invasion would have fans screaming to get them off to protect the grass 😂

Captain Canada

Disgusting and totally uncalled for.

It's also extremely cringeworthy to have a mass pitch invasion because you won a semi-final. 

The Treasurer

With the trend now to invade the pitch at the end of big games, it was only a matter of time before something like this happened.

You can guarantee there will be calls for perimeter fences to be reintroduced 

I'm worried sick about our Cup final on Saturday.  What if we score an added time winner and our supporters invade the pitch in over exuberance.

They might cause major damage to the stadium.  Inimidate our opposition's players.  Goad Rangers supporters.

It doesn't bear thinking about.

John Findlay
6 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

I watched this and was shocked at the lack of police/security presence towards the end. It was cleary a risk and they seemed so unprepared for it. Suppose there is not much you can do when 1000's of fan want to get on the pitch but that is shocking and hope that guy is found and changed 

Rod Petrie was quoted as saying it was "just over exuberance".

kingantti1874
22 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm worried sick about our Cup final on Saturday.  What if we score an added time winner and our supporters invade the pitch in over exuberance.

They might cause major damage to the stadium.  Inimidate our opposition's players.  Goad Rangers supporters.

It doesn't bear thinking about.

😆

Bazzas right boot

The problem is without a cage/ fence or about 5000/10000 police you can't stop a a pitch invasion. 

If folk want to run on to a pitch there is little that can be done to stop it. 

It's depends a reliance on folks common sense and decency which at football games can be sadly lacking amongst many. 

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, luckydug said:

We done it at Motherwell around 94/95 iirc after staying up and beating them 2-0.

No attacking players tho. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

7 hours ago, Section Q said:

Neil Lennon went down faster than that when a pound coin bounced of his shoulder....!

Alleged pound coin   don't think it was ever found

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The problem is without a cage/ fence or about 5000/10000 police you can't stop a a pitch invasion. 

If folk want to run on to a pitch there is little that can be done to stop it. 

It's depends a reliance on folks common sense and decency which at football games can be sadly lacking amongst many. 

I don’t think a cage/fence can be considered. Maybe some kind on netting directly behind the goals to stop stuff getting chucked, but anything that physically would stop fans getting onto the pitch like a cage I think would be a kind of health hazard. 

Coming down on the club like a ton of bricks might do something though. Points deduction, fine etc. 

You are right though, common sense sadly lacking 🫤

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Agree re keeper, should have been booked before the first penalty

The Hogfather

Quite a bit of over reaction in this thread. Yes it’s a cowardly thing to do and I hope they throw the book at the boy. But chuck Forest out because of the actions of one individual? Ridiculous shout. I’m pretty sure these pitch invasions historically happen every time a team reaches a playoff final and the vast majority go off without a hitch. 

It is possible to condemn the actions of that scumbag without having to wring your handkerchief and demand points deductions and expulsions. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

I don’t think a cage/fence can be considered. Maybe some kind on netting directly behind the goals to stop stuff getting chucked, but anything that physically would stop fans getting onto the pitch like a cage I think would be a kind of health hazard. 

Coming down on the club like a ton of bricks might do something though. Points deduction, fine etc. 

You are right though, common sense sadly lacking 🫤

Yeah, won't work in Scotland tho... No strict liability and Tbh Likley legal issues over that in general. 

Punishing a business because of an individual acting criminally when the business is fulfilling it's legal requirements is Likley to be challenged and imo rightly so. 

In all honesty I've no real issue with a "joyous" pitch invasion on it's merit, but it can lead to other issues and is happening more and more which does mean it's becoming a problem which this incident highlights. 

What a horrible cowardly ******* tho. 

I'd honestly start putting the fans that abuse or attack players in to  a 1 to 1 situation with them as part of the punishment / rehabilitation. 

Just why? 

Explain the racism/ abuse / attack. 

A certain group of "football fans" do nothing for its image and how it perceived. 

Utter cretins. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Quite a bit of over reaction in this thread. Yes it’s a cowardly thing to do and I hope they throw the book at the boy. But chuck Forest out because of the actions of one individual? Ridiculous shout. I’m pretty sure these pitch invasions historically happen every time a team reaches a playoff final and the vast majority go off without a hitch. 

It is possible to condemn the actions of that scumbag without having to wring your handkerchief and demand points deductions and expulsions. 

I'm on this page. 

glynnlondon

Cowardly *****. Sky and the rest of the arseholes have been themselves silly over the exuberance of pitch invasions.

Was only a matter of time till a player took a clump , now thanks to that snidey prick the ***** in blue will have more ammunition to treat football supporters like shit on their shoe.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

I don't recall any similar incident involving a Hearts fan, the nearest I can think of is of  celtic fans confronting opposition players in a less physical fashion (Aberdeen, Rapid Vienna, Rangers etc) but then again the four incidents* involving Hearts fans I remember off the top of my head were pretty tame in comparison but are we splitting hairs here ? 

I'm struggling to think of a Rangers fan assaulting an opposition player in a similar cowardly and disgustingly fashion. 

* Hibs Hearts (McNamara/Rae)

Falkirk Hearts (Albert Kidd)

Hearts Hibs (Riordan) 

Hearts Celtic (Lennon

41 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Agreed, Nottingham Forest FC should not be punished for one cowards actions. 

RustyRightPeg

Hate pitch invasions, think they’re cringey as ****. 

Was only a matter of time before something like this happened. The fella is lucky Sharp wasn’t able to get back up cause he’s a right tough chap. 

Shooter McGavin

Pitch invasions are just so naff, and morons are doing them at more and more non-events.

Grown adults invading the pitch, just to get their phones out so they can video themselves behaving like a clown, to put on their Facebook and Snapchat. 

Cringe.

Kick Forrest out and reinstate Sheffield United. Its the only reasonable course of action. Nottingham scum.

We don't need cages and barricades, just lock them up with no parole. They'll get the message.....

been here before
27 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Hate pitch invasions, think they’re cringey as ****. 

24 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Pitch invasions are just so naff, and morons are doing them at more and more non-events.

Grown adults invading the pitch, just to get their phones out so they can video themselves behaving like a clown, to put on their Facebook and Snapchat. 

Cringe.

Up there with the 'Can I Have Your Shirt' sign holders and the 'Round of Applause on XX minutes' requestors.

16 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Kick Forrest out and reinstate Sheffield United. Its the only reasonable course of action. Nottingham scum.

How on earth is that reasonable ? They lost fair and square. This happened afterwards and it was one individual when hundreds of others, if not thousands did nothing wrong other than encroach on to the pitch, including many in the vicinity of Sharp.

Coming from a Millwall fan of all the scumbag clubs you would wish death on lol😂

Edited by JimmyCant

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

How on earth is that reasonable ? They lost fair and square. This happened afterwards and it was one individual when hundreds of others, if not thousands did nothing wrong other than encroach on to the pitch, including many in the vicinity of Sharp.

Coming from a Millwall fan of all the scumbag clubs you would wish death on lol😂

Punishing the club is the only action that will deter this behaviour across football. WTF have Millwall got to do with it? Forrest fans behave disgracefu;ly, the dingo shagger blames Millwall 😂.

RustyRightPeg
10 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Punishing the club is the only action that will deter this behaviour across football. WTF have Millwall got to do with it? Forrest fans behave disgracefu;ly, the dingo shagger blames Millwall 😂.

Do you kick Huddersfield out too then?

davemclaren

Pitch invasions were the reason that fences were introduced in the late 70s. However, they were a key factor in the number of deaths in the Hillsborouhh disaster so it’s hard to imagine they will ever return, even though all seated stadia significantly reduce the risks of crowd crushes. Thus, apart from punishing clubs, there are few ways of discouraging it. 

2 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Alleged pound coin   don't think it was ever found

That’s cos he pocketed it when he fell