The good/bad luck Rangers thread ( merged )

Naisys Tackle

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Sooks

• redjambo

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

From about 1970 until I moved away in 1988 I bought the Wee Red Book and swore “this will be the year” I still go into every first league game of the season thinking this will be the year. That’ll never stop for me. 
I agree we’re in a good place right now but we have to start being like the two @$$ cheeks. Selfish to a fault. The vote to have us demoted showed us exactly how we have to behave moving forward. Hearts and only Hearts.

If we continue being third, make money in Europe, have long cup runs then we’ll be able to afford the next level of player. The OF will always have more money due to as you stated gate sizes every two weeks. Hearts need to continue to improve and get closer season by season. The OF may cripple themselves trying to keep the same type of distance between themselves and us, while still trying to pull away from each other. I’m going to continue to dream that I’ll see a Hearts league win one day. I just wish our $#!tty association and football media could get on board with the fact that a competitive league is better than the same two horse race every season.

We can all dream.

HHGH

I can’t disagree with a word of that.

👍
The only caveat I'd put in is, yes, let's be selfish. If they can get us into a better round in Europe by getting some coefficient points but not winning too much, take it !

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

👍

Yours was better as you actually used said capitals 🧐

19 hours ago, Jamie86 said:

This budget excuse can do one. Always gets brought up when the Old Firm are horsed in Europe yet when they come up against and beat teams in Scotland who have 1/10th if not less than their budget, they are bummed up like they are world beaters. Ramseys earns our yearly budget in less than 2 months so **** every one of them. They don't want an even playing field in Scotland and moan when teams reject low ball offers because how dare they block a player moving to The Rangers or Celtic like they are Barca or Real Madrid. Hope it hurts them worse today

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahaha

94BEE2F5-C0AC-4BD2-92EA-5BF037FDD6DD.jpeg

I will say it did surprise me at KO not to see any big tifo at the sevco end. They've had one for all their euro games this season and for a game of this magnitude I was expecting something.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Boab said:

I will say it did surprise me at KO not to see any big tifo at the sevco end. They've had one for all their euro games this season and for a game of this magnitude I was expecting something.

Fans have to organise them do they not? We did one for the semi and are doing one tomorrow. 

part_time_jambo
12 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Yours was better as you actually used said capitals 🧐

I posted before I saw yours. Not plagiarism, honest.

23 hours ago, redjambo said:

:D Bullshit, if you don't mind me saying. I am neither Catholic nor attended a RC school, but I still knew about Rangers' long-standing policy not to sign Catholics. Everyone did. There was even the famous Rikki Fulton sketch about it. I can only assume you are very young or you go about with your head in the sand.

Lesser known perhaps was Rangers policy on no facial hair for its footballers.

celtic had a policy of not signing protestants   when it began to change a number of players including pat crerand were not happy

23 hours ago, May one-six said:

Alex Ferguson got grief from a director at Ibrox because he married a Catholic. That's why he loved to get it up them.

Ferguson was binned by Rangers after he got the blame for a defeat in a particular game ( I read this ages ago but can't remember the details). Needless to say his career went down the toilet after that. I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of Fergie's mouth , frankly, after the way he walked out on Man U. 

Someone mentioned a Rangers' player who marred a RC and was binned - the name I recall is Graham Fyffe (sp ?).

As for the "water issue" on Tuesday - allegedly (some) kiosks were closed after Rangers fans attacked the staff , leading to shortages of everything, not just water. 

May one-six
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Ferguson was binned by Rangers after he got the blame for a defeat in a particular game ( I read this ages ago but can't remember the details). Needless to say his career went down the toilet after that. I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of Fergie's mouth , frankly, after the way he walked out on Man U. 

Someone mentioned a Rangers' player who marred a RC and was binned - the name I recall is Graham Fyffe (sp ?).

As for the "water issue" on Tuesday - allegedly (some) kiosks were closed after Rangers fans attacked the staff , leading to shortages of everything, not just water. 

I wouldn't necessarily believe everything Fergie says, but since the Huns' anti-catholic bigotry is pretty well known, in this case I'd be inclined to trust in what he says.

25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fans have to organise them do they not? We did one for the semi and are doing one tomorrow. 

After making enquires, it turns out a tifo was made and transported to Seville by van but they were refused entry with it, for what reason I know not as the Germans had theirs in.

Not doubt this will tickle some people, and regardless of what you think of sevco, that is pretty shit tbh. No wonder they were angry. 

I love tifos at football and something has gone wrong here.

18 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

celtic had a policy of not signing protestants   when it began to change a number of players including pat crerand were not happy

No they didn't. 

17 minutes ago, May one-six said:

I wouldn't necessarily believe everything Fergie says, but since the Huns' anti-catholic bigotry is pretty well known, in this case I'd be inclined to trust in what he says.

The anti RC stuff goes back to the days of Struth (at least) but people can draw their own conclusions re Fergie. 

20 minutes ago, Boab said:

After making enquires, it turns out a tifo was made and transported to Seville by van but they were refused entry with it, for what reason I know not as the Germans had theirs in.

Not doubt this will tickle some people, and regardless of what you think of sevco, that is pretty shit tbh. No wonder they were angry. 

I love tifos at football and something has gone wrong here.

Let's not start a brexit debate here . :rofl:

Japan Jambo
On 19/05/2022 at 09:49, RustyRightPeg said:

Aye he was, and it was the wider good. 

Gives the senior powers more room to negotiate TV deals, etc. etc.

as long as this remains a two horse race it has limited value as a spectacle. beyond our own bubble there is limited interest in our 'product'. donkey's focus is on selling 4 games a year and spreading around a few crumbs that do nothing much more than move game times around.

1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

829880.jpg

colinmorewasgash

Jock stein was once asked if there's 2 really good players wanted by yourselves and rangers ones a protestant ones a catholic.Which one would you buy he said I'd sign the protestant. When asked why he responded well theres no chance they would sign the catholic so we would get both lol.

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Jock stein was once asked if there's 2 really good players wanted by yourselves and rangers ones a protestant ones a catholic.Which one would you buy he said I'd sign the protestant. When asked why he responded well theres no chance they would sign the catholic so we would get both lol.

:laugh2:

2 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Didn't happen. Celtic have a lot of reasons to detest them, but there's no need to make things up.

Kalamazoo Jambo
6 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

There was plenty of water for those who looked in the right place…

EF495C3C-CD7A-4F3A-83E3-5AC6E9E7A996.jpeg

6 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Nonsense, Celtic have always signed Protestants

SwindonJambo

I traveled North on yesterday's evening train from Euston to Edinburgh. A good few East Coast currants on board and I have to say they were all pretty sound, impeccably behaved and respectful of other passengers. 

Apparently none arrested in Seville but a few definitely reacted in kind when attacked by Frankfurt heidbangers. I'm sure they weren't perfect but it certainly wasn't a Manchester Mark 2.

11 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I traveled North on yesterday's evening train from Euston to Edinburgh. A good few East Coast currants on board and I have to say they were all pretty sound, impeccably behaved and respectful of other passengers. 

Apparently none arrested in Seville but a few definitely reacted in kind when attacked by Frankfurt heidbangers. I'm sure they weren't perfect but it certainly wasn't a Manchester Mark 2.

By all accounts their behaviour was good - which is brilliant, like it or not these fuds are regarded as Scottish on the continent and it's good they are buying into the drunken good behaviour rep Scotland has.  

HeartsandonlyHearts
8 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

I posted before I saw yours. Not plagiarism, honest.

👍🏻
Enjoy tomorrow 🏆

HeartsandonlyHearts
7 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

😂

The Fergie bit were he walks out on Man Utd is pure comedy.

SwindonJambo
3 hours ago, briever said:

By all accounts their behaviour was good - which is brilliant, like it or not these fuds are regarded as Scottish on the continent and it's good they are buying into the drunken good behaviour rep Scotland has.  

The vast majority of them are Scottish, augmented by a few from Northern Ireland. All of those I heard on my train were Scots. A few English follow Rangers as their Scottish team but really not many in the grand scheme of things.

Arthur Morgan
On 19/05/2022 at 00:43, Fozzyonthefence said:

You think domestic abuse is hilarious?

I was being sarcastic, hence the 😐

7 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

The vast majority of them are Scottish, augmented by a few from Northern Ireland. All of those I heard on my train were Scots. A few English follow Rangers as their Scottish team but really not many in the grand scheme of things.

They regard themselves as British.

Exile fae Main Street
3 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Yes 

What even when the Club was founded to help poor Irish Catholic immigrants?.......

2 hours ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

What even when the Club was founded to help poor Irish Catholic immigrants?.......

Yes 

Seymour M Hersh

Wishing them the very worst possible luck today. Hope everything that can go wrong goes wrong for them.

Ex member of the SaS

Water in the Sevco end. I read it somewhere that the kiosks ran out of water and when staff tried to replenish the kiosks they were attacked by Sevco fans. Hope they run out of STEAM today.

Found it on the BBC site:

A statement from Spanish club Sevilla FC, who hosted the final, said demand for bottled water was triple what was expected for a normal match and they sold out.

The statement said: "The club tried to replenish the water at the bars, but the fans literally assaulted the employees who were in charge of replenishing before the bottles as they tried to reach the bars, then finally it was necessary to close them.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

SwindonJambo
16 hours ago, briever said:

They regard themselves as British.

Scottish too. Like it or not, for the time being, at least Scotland is part of Britain. You can consider yourself both. We all have UK passports & citizenship. 

LochcarronJambo
25 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Scottish too. Like it or not, for the time being, at least Scotland is part of Britain. You can consider yourself both. We all have UK passports & citizenship. 

Wtf - hope that ends soon…..i am a Hearts fan that has the Saltire in its badge-I am not a unionist bigot

1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

They don’t, they regard themselves as British.

SwindonJambo
17 minutes ago, briever said:

They don’t, they regard themselves as British.

Do you speak for them all?

SwindonJambo
1 hour ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Wtf - hope that ends soon…..i am a Hearts fan that has the Saltire in its badge-I am not a unionist bigot

Bigotry doesn't just apply to religion. It applies to aggressive intolerance of views different from one's own. It takes many forms. It's possible to be a bigot on any number of issues. There were over 20,000 Jambos at Hampden today, all wanting Hearts to win. Our range of views on non football matters is irrelevant. What brings us together is that we are Jambos. End of.

Doctor FinnBarr
On 20/05/2022 at 19:12, jbee647 said:

Nonsense, Celtic have always signed Protestants

True statement, they weren't too keen on Jock Stein though until he won them the European Cup. Another true statement, his father never spoke a word to him because he signed for the Sporting Wing

SwindonJambo
6 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

True statement, they weren't too keen on Jock Stein though until he won them the European Cup. Another true statement, his father never spoke a word to him because he signed for the Sporting Wing

I didn't know that last bit. My grandad worked beside Jock Stein down the pit in Blantyre. I could well believe it though. Attitudes on such issues were pretty visceral on such issues in the area back then. Much improved nowadays though I do wish they'd stop the pointless separate schooling.

Doctor FinnBarr
13 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I didn't know that last bit. My grandad worked beside Jock Stein down the pit in Blantyre. I could well believe it though. Attitudes on such issues were pretty visceral on such issues in the area back then. Much improved nowadays though I do wish they'd stop the pointless separate schooling.

We still have the farcical situation in West Lothian (Addiewell) where St Thomas' and Addiewell primary share a playground but have different buildings to go into for classes, only built about 30/40 years ago too.

LochcarronJambo
10 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Bigotry doesn't just apply to religion. It applies to aggressive intolerance of views different from one's own. It takes many forms. It's possible to be a bigot on any number of issues. There were over 20,000 Jambos at Hampden today, all wanting Hearts to win. Our range of views on non football matters is irrelevant. What brings us together is that we are Jambos. End of.

Not really sure what your point is- I was part of our tremendous support yesterday at Hampden & the vast majority of Hearts fans are proud to be part of a none sectarian club & proudly Scottish - the Hearts support was fantastic….the fact is Rangers are a grotesque abhorrent institution, purveyors of hate and very much anti Scottish - End of