The good/bad luck Rangers thread ( merged )

Naisys Tackle

BRAVEHEART1874
23 minutes ago, Alex MacDonald said:

As Alex Ferguson, his coaching team and all the Aberdeen players did prior to the ‘86 final, telling us how unlucky we were the previous week at Dens to make sure Hearts players couldn’t get the disappointment out of their minds during the game, we should do exactly the same to Rangers on Saturday.

👍

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Sooks

• redjambo

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Riccarton3
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

GvB doesn't even mention the upcoming cup final.

It's like the season is already over. 

All good. Obviously he'll be drained. Saying all the right things a bit out the window. 

luckyBatistuta

Aaron Ramsey, Missed the penalty

You could have won the Cup

But you f###ed it up

It’s the Rangers way

girfuy Rangers 😁🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Japan Jambo
27 minutes ago, Alex MacDonald said:

As Alex Ferguson, his coaching team and all the Aberdeen players did prior to the ‘86 final, telling us how unlucky we were the previous week at Dens to make sure Hearts players couldn’t get the disappointment out of their minds during the game, we should do exactly the same to Rangers on Saturday.

👍

HeartsandonlyHearts

Karma is a bitch ya cheating’ tax dodging pieces of bigoted $#!t.

Still no real trophies. Oh well.

luckyBatistuta
18 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

He looks like an overused crash test dummy.

:lol:

OmiyaHearts
13 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Tears and snotters all over the place glorious 

Work tomorrow will be glorious 

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I knew he was going to miss it. I did want them to win it for Scottish football, but I am glad they got extra time to be tired (and perhaps de-moralised) for our final with them.

What’s Scottish about Rangers?  I didn’t see a single Scottish flag there.  **** them. 

5 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Tbf it's not what we learned, but it's what Robbie learned.

What we, as fans, saw can give us hope for Saturday.

What Robbie and the lads saw will give them ideas and inspiration.

Right.

Let's get it done.

When I said ‘we’ I meant Hearts

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

What’s Scottish about Rangers?  I didn’t see a single Scottish flag there.  **** them. 

:spoton:

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

It came from their forums. Their forums is where I saw the don't give a **** cup quote.

If thier daft fans play then aye, you have a point. 

Pile of shite and makes no sense, they haven't won the thing for about 12 or 13 years as well. 

At Tynecastle their end were singing about winning it just at the weekend. 

Don't believe everything you read on a fans forum. 

There were a few but some folk like to exaggerate 

luckyBatistuta

I did see one...one among how many thousands...f##k them, a glorious night

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Tbh, I've noticed more at thier games than in the past recently. 

Hopefully they think it's beneath them to win the shitey wee Scottish Cup.

Whether they won or lost tonight they were always going to be difficult to beat on Saturday. They have a huge financial advantage and hence can normally beat us 9 out of 10 times.

Saturday might well be one of these 9 times and for that reason I am absolutely delighted they got wellied tonight. It would have been a thousand times worse to lose to them on Saturday if they had also won tonight.

A big giant frankfurter display at the Hearts end on Saturday would be barry.

SuperstarSteve
48 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Surprise of the night is Lundstrum's scouse accent. Always thought he was Danish or something 🤣

Ditto. Although I assumed Sweden 😂

buzzbomb1958

And it begins my cous just text me running battles pubs closing doors for fans stealing drink and tipping tables over

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

It came from their forums. Their forums is where I saw the don't give a **** cup quote.

Why would you want to go on a Rangers forum?!

colinmorewasgash

On a serious note I pray for the wives girlfriends and partners tonight. It could be awful for some after the game.

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, buzzbomb1958 said:

And it begins my cous just text me running battles pubs closing doors for fans stealing drink and tipping tables over

In Seville or Scotland?  Both no doubt. 

colinmorewasgash

They all think saturdays in the bag as consolation lets shut them up again. Its about time we beat them this season.

buzzbomb1958
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

In Seville or Scotland?  Both no doubt. 

Seville she works over there in a hotel they have been told room holders only

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Whether they won or lost tonight they were always going to be difficult to beat on Saturday. They have a huge financial advantage and hence can normally beat us 9 out of 10 times.

Saturday might well be one of these 9 times and for that reason I am absolutely delighted they got wellied tonight. It would have been a thousand times worse to lose to them on Saturday if they had also won tonight.

Not sure why they’d think that since they haven’t managed to win it in their 10 year history.

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I’ll take your word for it but I certainly didn’t see any.  Loads of UJs though.  The ironic thing being that the Saltire is actually the colours they play in as well as the country they’re supposed to represent.🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Their fans hate Scotland and the quicker they feck off to whatever league will have them the better. 

buzzbomb1958
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Their fans hate Scotland and the quicker they feck off to whatever league will have them the better. 

They are a bunch of unionists who are supposed to love old queenie but they didn’t bother when the old club done her out of wages for 10 years 

7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Sadly we are stuck with both cheeks well for now 

They don’t have that long to recover from this, although I’m sure they’ve planned what they can. They won’t get home to bed until 4am at the earliest so they’ll get a light session tomorrow afternoon or evening. Then they’ve got Friday to prepare when it normally takes 3 full days. It’s not so much the physical. They’ve got enough time to rehydrate, rest and recover but they’ve very little time to get this out of their system mentally. Can see quite a few changes for them but they have the squad to do that.

I hope we spend the early part of this game testing them, letting them know it’s another hard game coming and see if they have it in their heads and legs. An early Hearts goal would seriously test them.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

They don’t have that long to recover from this, although I’m sure they’ve planned what they can. They won’t get home to bed until 4am at the earliest so they’ll get a light session tomorrow afternoon or evening. Then they’ve got Friday to prepare when it normally takes 3 full days. It’s not so much the physical. They’ve got enough time to rehydrate, rest and recover but they’ve very little time to get this out of their system mentally. Can see quite a few changes for them but they have the squad to do that.

I hope we spend the early part of this game testing them, letting them know it’s another hard game coming and see if they have it in their heads and legs. An early Hearts goal would seriously test them.

Spot on 

24 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

:oohmatron:

Arthur Morgan
22 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

On a serious note I pray for the wives girlfriends and partners tonight. It could be awful for some after the game.

Hilarious 😐

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Only big ones? 

Shame, rules me out. 😭

colinmorewasgash
8 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Hilarious 😐

Wasn't meant to be its fact. God help Glasgow hospitals tonight. 

13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Definitely not the ideal preparation for a cup final. Also I believe its Jimmy Bells funeral on Friday, so should imagine very little training done then.

2 minutes ago, Lido said:

Definitely not the ideal preparation for a cup final. Also I believe its Jimmy Bells funeral on Friday, so should imagine very little training done then.

Without disrespecting the man, that’s Another thing that can work both ways. Could also be quite a few Rangers players playing their last game for the club. Not sure that helps us.

Edited by JimmyCant

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Without disrespecting the man, that’s Another thing that can work both ways. Could also be quite a few Rangers players playing their last game for the club. Not sure that helps us.

Didn’t do any harm in 98.

25 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

They've played Thursday / Sunday all season. People are vastly overrating what an extra 30mins will do to them. 

They'll be ready do go Saturday and if we are not on the top of our game they will win and probably win comfortably.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

They've played Thursday / Sunday all season. People are vastly overrating what an extra 30mins will do to them. 

They'll be ready do go Saturday and if we are not on the top of our game they will win and probably win comfortably.

Physically I agree to an extent although the heat takes more out the legs for sure. They MIGHT be mentally not quite at it though. We will need to be at our best though because on paper man for man, they’ve got a bit to spare on us.

Fozzyonthefence
26 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Hilarious 😐

You think domestic abuse is hilarious?

Watt-Zeefuik

My stars. We all wrote our fantasy scenarios before this, but which one of you beautiful ****ing majestic *******s had them loosing on an miss from their Hearts-annual-budget sized signing. Come on, don't be modest, step forward and take your applause.

Absolutely majestic. Could not have scripted it better.

**** it, let's start Ginnelly, Simms, and McKay up top on Saturday, with GMS and Atkinson at the wing backs. Just ****ing roll over them at the start when they're still trying to get off their marks and fighting the tears and dehydration. I'm sure they'll rally in the second half but let's put them on their heels.

Auld Reekin'
27 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Only big ones? 

Shame, rules me out. 😭

image.jpeg.b721ea09afbb3cfe43ec51e50c0af76c.jpeg

Nürnberger Bratwurst maybe?  :huh:

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Why would you want to go on a Rangers forum?!

To read views on Scottish football? I look at all manner of forums including English. That's what happens after ten years living in the US where football isn't something many people talk about.