Your Views on the Last 2 weeks

flecktimus

I have started this thread with the hope that anyone can put forward there own personal thoughts, after what can only be describe as a roller coaster 2 weeks and hope every one can respect them.

Here goes

1) CHARM or what ever it is being named. I think the building blocks should be put in place, but hopefully never used. If Vlad does have other motives then we must be ready.

2) ?12m refinance ? This to me is a double edged sword. If as suggested, then this is fantastic news. My big worry is this will allow Vlad to become more secretive on financial issues. I am still very uncomfortable with the ?3.7m fees paid out, but never explained

3) Communication ? This week has been a breathe of fresh air and long may it continue. On the down side was Vlad interview which I took as a little bit OTT.

4) New Manager- Sounds like a good choice. I like what I am hearing but time will tell. If he is a Vlad puppet then I will have no sympathy for him, he must be aware of the obstacles that are in front of him.

5) Season tickets ? Never got involved in the past as I am not a season ticket holder, but it has always been my view that even if this appointment wasn?t made we need to renew as it helps to keep the club in a better financial position . So if I was a season ticket holder I would renew. Hopefully I will get back to Edinburgh soon and get my name down on the waiting list

I am feeling a lot better about being a Jambo today and I really hope this continues, but I can remember feeling this way with George Burley in charge and the carpet was ripped from under us.

Vlad IMO has got to work hard at getting our full trust back, but as it stands today I am willing to give my full unreserved support, but reserve the right to withhold if we descend into the joke we have been for the last 2 Years.

Gorgie Rules

Don't disagree with much (if anything) you've said.

Hopefully the rest of the season ticket protesters feel that they can now renew (I did after lunch) but if not that's up to them.

Ryan Gosling
I have started this thread with the hope that anyone can put forward there own personal thoughts, after what can only be describe as a roller coaster 2 weeks and hope every one can respect them.

Here goes

1) CHARM or what ever it is being named. I think the building blocks should be put in place, but hopefully never used. If Vlad does have other motives then we must be ready.

2) ?12m refinance ? This to me is a double edged sword. If as suggested, then this is fantastic news. My big worry is this will allow Vlad to become more secretive on financial issues. I am still very uncomfortable with the ?3.7m fees paid out, but never explained

3) Communication ? This week has been a breathe of fresh air and long may it continue. On the down side was Vlad interview which I took as a little bit OTT.

4) New Manager- Sounds like a good choice. I like what I am hearing but time will tell. If he is a Vlad puppet then I will have no sympathy for him, he must be aware of the obstacles that are in front of him.

5) Season tickets ? Never got involved in the past as I am not a season ticket holder, but it has always been my view that even if this appointment wasn?t made we need to renew as it helps to keep the club in a better financial position . So if I was a season ticket holder I would renew. Hopefully I will get back to Edinburgh soon and get my name down on the waiting list

I am feeling a lot better about being a Jambo today and I really hope this continues, but I can remember feeling this way with George Burley in charge and the carpet was ripped from under us.

Vlad IMO has got to work hard at getting our full trust back, but as it stands today I am willing to give my full unreserved support, but reserve the right to withhold if we descend into the joke we have been for the last 2 Years.

Gorgie Rules

Why? This has been explained numerous times.

John Findlay

I have said this often enough and I will say it again. Football is very similar to politics.

A. Nothing happens lightning fast. There is a lot of manouvering goes on with regards to hiring managers and players. Negotiations can take months never mind weeks.

B. Football clubs(I mean owners, Ceos, managers and players) can be like

politicians very economical with the truth. With regards to managers they are like prostitutes in that if the money is right then they will work for anyone.

C. Like politicians treat the electorate with contempt then so do football

clubs with their supporters and I mean all football clubs. All clubs as in A above are very economical with the truth when dealing with supporters.

Hearts and Vladimir Romanov are not alone in this respect and they never will be.

So with regards to the last fortnight. First of all I think things have been going on alot longer than a fortnight with regards hiring a manager and hiring Csaba Laszlo.

McGee saying no to us was a kick in the teeth but, I think he has been sounded out about taking over at Celtic Park. Whether people feel he is qualified football wise or not he is Celtic minded and lets be honest it is difficult in this day and age not to be champions or runners up.

Nothing surprises me in football especially nowadays with the amount of money involved.

I only hope Csaba is a disciplinarian, takes no nonsense from players and can put a winning Hearts team out on the park. Sametime I feel players have a responsibility to their club and supporters and Hearts players now have to give far more than they have been over the last eighteen months. They wrongly in my opinion get off to easy nowadays.

John

PresidentRomanov

My veiw is not much has changed in the last two weeks, with the exception of us appointing a good manager.

I've been fortunate enough to have been blessed, with strong feelings of loyalty, and more importantly, a backbone, which enables me not to throw a dummy away, when things aren't going great.

As you can see from the link - post #158 - recent events are not in the slightest bit surprising to me :)

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?p=342675

shaun.lawson
Last week or so has been a move in the right direction. Hearts should be praised for that.:)

I agree. I actually feel optimistic about the club again: first time that's been the case in years!

Coco, re: the debt for equity plan, two questions:

1. Do you think there's any significance in the date of the EGM, July 31? As it's the last day of the financial year, it's also the last chance for Hearts to get it included in the next set of accounts - and with interest on other loans payable (I think) annually, and EGMs needing to be announced three weeks beforehand, does this mean the club literally had to announce this now, or be in very serious trouble?

2. The website described the move as reducing our debt by 30%. But ?12m is 30% of ?40m (ie. our overdraft limit from UBIG) - and the accounts covering up to the end of July 2007 had us at, what, ?36m or so I think, but with the Craig Gordon money from August still to be included. Now that it has been, how can we be at a debt of ?40m??

things have improved in the last couple of weeks theres no doubt. but you still have to be a little concerned with the clubs finances!!:confused:

shaun.lawson

Here goes

Gorgie Rules

1. I agree - though I doubt it'll end up being called CHARM (I really don't think that name worked on Donkey's show last night at all), and there's obviously much less urgency now anyway. If things get serious again at some stage, something like Hearts Movement For Change (HMFC), maybe? (I would prefer a simple Hearts For Change - but look what those initials spell... :eek:). I'll be in touch to let you know what the others think tomorrow though.

2. Agree with this, and have other concerns too that I've just asked Coco about.

3. Again, yes. This week's been a great start - so let's have much more in the same vein! And to be honest, Vlad can come up with as much profound, poetic, philosophical poppycock as he wants: as long as the club's been run properly, the manager autonomous, and the team successful.

4. I'm really, really encouraged by what he's had to say so far. OK, so maybe he wasn't quite such a success with Uganda as Wikipedia make out - but he seems smart, tough, and you can see him becoming something of a cult hero, someone the fans can really emotionally identify with if things go as we all hope they will. As ever, autonomy will be the key.

5. I fully anticipate a whole tranche of non-renewers will be straight down the ticket office now - and fair enough, given the Jan 1 statement appears to have been made good. There'll be others who still hold off, I imagine - but ultimately, again, what happens with the team will be decisive anyway.

Overall, things look an awful lot better now. Fingers crossed the corner has been turned, and we can all return to the simple enjoyment of following our club now - and success on the pitch and clear, self-evident autonomy for Laszlo will assuage any remaining doubts we might have. After seeming in serious crisis only a week or so ago, I'd say we're now at a crossroads: one direction pointing towards the return of a feelgood factor, European football, a new main stand, and a vastly better run club on and off the pitch; the other, towards further financial problems, ever greater doubt about Vlad's motivations and intentions, and more managerial chaos. Which route we take is, as ever, entirely down to the club.

shaun.lawson
Got your season ticket yet Shuan?

Nope. I'll be at the majority of home games: but I won't be buying an ST.

PresidentRomanov
Nope. I'll be at the majority of home games: but I won't be buying an ST.

Are you intending going to more games than you used to, on account of you being the supporters voice these days?

Have you had your meeting yet?

shaun.lawson
Are you intending going to more games than you used to, on account of you being the supporters voice these days?

Have you had your meeting yet?

I'm not 'the supporters voice'. Others are. I'll be going to the majority of home games: similar to the number I always have actually (though it was less last season, as I, along with many others, refused to give any more money to a club with no manager in place, and a shambles on and off the pitch).

Overall, I'm sure I spend far more money following the club than you do - not that, unhappily for you, there's such a thing as a better or worse fan. There's only Hearts fans: that's it. As for the meeting, it's happening this weekend: I'm true to my word, unlike some people I could care to mention...

Originally Posted by PickyBum

I'll start

Our new manager will be unveiled around the middle of next week, he'll be a German, and he'll have alot of people furiously backtracking on here.

If that doesn't happen, I'll never post on this board again

He's not German, and it didn't happen by the middle of last week. Why are you still here?

PresidentRomanov
I'm not 'the supporters voice'. Others are. I'll be going to the majority of home games: similar to the number I always have actually (though it was less last season, as I, along with many others, refused to give any more money to a club with no manager in place, and a shambles on and off the pitch).

Overall, I'm sure I spend far more money following the club than you do - not that, unhappily for you, there's such a thing as a better or worse fan. There's only Hearts fans: that's it. As for the meeting, it's happening this weekend: I'm true to my word, unlike some people I could care to mention...

Originally Posted by PickyBum

I'll start

Our new manager will be unveiled around the middle of next week, he'll be a German, and he'll have alot of people furiously backtracking on here.

If that doesn't happen, I'll never post on this board again

He's not German, and it didn't happen by the middle of last week. Why are you still here?

Where's the meeting about, and what time's it at.

I might come along out of curiousity, to see what you're actually having it for in the first place.

I was right about the furious backtracking though;)

Do you not feel a bit foolish for getting so wound up about nothing, in the first place?

shaun.lawson
Where's the meeting about, and what time's it at.

I might come along out of curiousity, to see what you're actually having it for in the first place.

I was right about the furious backtracking though;)

Do you not feel a bit foolish for getting so wound up about nothing, in the first place?

Not at all. Doesn't the fact two guys heavily involved with SOH (and the G10 as well) met the club that weekend tell you something?

And there's no backtracking from me: I'm delighted a manager's been appointed at last, and now we'll find out if he's truly autonomous or not.

PresidentRomanov
Not at all. Doesn't the fact two guys heavily involved with SOH (and the G10 as well) met the club that weekend tell you something?

And there's no backtracking from me: I'm delighted a manager's been appointed at last, and now we'll find out if he's truly autonomous or not.

Where's the meeting, and what time's it at?

shaun.lawson
Where's the meeting, and what time's it at?

Sorry. People who aren't true to their word, and therefore can't be trusted, aren't invited.

Shaun, this is starting to sound worryingly like some sort of elitist/subversive group. Why the secrecy?

PresidentRomanov
Sorry. People who aren't true to their word, and therefore can't be trusted, aren't invited.

As I thought, some silly wee laddies game :)

shaun.lawson
Shaun, this is starting to sound worryingly like some sort of elitist/subversive group. Why the secrecy?

Nothing elitist or subversive about it, and I doubt it'll go anywhere either. But in my post last week, I made clear the need for a small group of like-minded individuals at this stage. Both you and PickyBum made abundantly clear your concerns and opposition to it, so are not like minded individuals: simple.

Oh, and it'd be pretty odd for me to talk about an elitist, subversive group on radio last night, wouldn't it?

shaun.lawson

You mean like people who are all mouth, and don't stick to their word?

Drylaw Hearts

Unsurprisingly that question went unanswered.

shaun.lawson
Unsurprisingly that question went unanswered.

So did the one about why he's still here.

PresidentRomanov
So did the one about why he's still here.

I couldn't leave and miss all the furious backtracking over the last week.

Don't you wish you had the intelligence and foresight, to predict the share issue, like I did?

Enjoy your silly wee meeting anyway :)

shaun.lawson
I couldn't leave and miss all the furious backtracking over the last week.

Don't you wish you had the intelligence and foresight, to predict the share issue, like I did?

Enjoy your silly wee meeting anyway :)

Yes, what a genius you are. Overdraft limit: ?40m. Debt: ?40m. Loans due for repayment, and further interest due in the next financial year. Financial year ends on July 31, and it takes three weeks to organise an EGM.

Good job the share issue's happening, isn't it?

PresidentRomanov

Did anyone read the Secret Seven, Enid Blyton books when they were younger?

I can't help thinking of them when I picture Shuan's meeting :P

Pity It's only for a select few, I'd have bought the happy meals too :sad:

shaun.lawson
Did anyone read the Secret Seven, Enid Blyton books when they were younger?

I can't help thinking of them when I picture Shuan's meeting :P

Pity It's only for a select few, I'd have bought the happy meals too :sad:

LOL! Never had you down as an Enid Blyton fan. In the Famous Five, which one were you? Anne? Or, come to think of it, Timmy?

You want to give up your Saturday evening so that you can go to a meeting for the sole purposes of telling the people there how much you disagree with it - and they're silly wee laddies?

Right.

:biggrin:

PresidentRomanov
Yes, what a genius you are. Overdraft limit: ?40m. Debt: ?40m. Loans due for repayment, and further interest due in the next financial year. Financial year ends on July 31, and it takes three weeks to organise an EGM.

Good job the share issue's happening, isn't it?

What was to stop them increasing the overdraft limit, as they done before?

Not being funny here Shuan, but I really think you'd benefit from having a grown up present at you secret meeting - I'm only trying to help :)

shaun.lawson
Quite. :)

As ever Therapist, I bow to your superior foresight on that one. :)

shaun.lawson
What was to stop them increasing the overdraft limit, as they done before?

Not being funny here Shuan, but I really think you'd benefit from having a grown up present at you secret meeting - I'm only trying to help :)

Oh, I agree. Sadly for you though, most grown ups are able to spell, and don't eat happy meals.

PresidentRomanov
You want to give up your Saturday evening so that you can go to a meeting for the sole purposes of telling the people there how much you disagree with it - and they're silly wee laddies?

Right.

:biggrin:

So it's only people who agree with Shuan who are invited, I see now.

That'll be a worthwhile excercise then :P

PresidentRomanov
Oh, I agree. Sadly for you though, most grown ups are able to spell, and don't eat happy meals.

Was there a spelling test to get into your club?

If I knew that I would've done some swotting :sad:

PresidentRomanov

You forgot to answer the first part of the post, about what was to stop them increasing the overdraught limit?

shaun.lawson
You forgot to answer the first part of the post, about what was to stop them increasing the overdraught limit?

I'm sure we were told we absolutely couldn't go above ?40m until the redevelopment had started: there was a reason for it being that figure in the first place.

PresidentRomanov

Minutes of Shaun's meeting.

Hello, I'm Shaun, those who agree with me say aye - aye.

Meeting closed :)

PresidentRomanov
I'm sure we were told we absolutely couldn't go above ?40m until the redevelopment had started: there was a reason for it being that figure in the first place.

Was there?

I was at the meeting when it was voted through, and I can't remember there being a reason?

Care to refresh my memory?

shaun.lawson
Was there?

I was at the meeting when it was voted through, and I can't remember there being a reason?

Care to refresh my memory?

Yup, that's what I recall. I doubt anything's documented though: can anyone else remember this?

So it's only people who agree with Shuan who are invited, I see now.

That'll be a worthwhile excercise then :P

Well, yes. I'd imagine it makes things a bit easier when you're planning something to have people around you who have the same interests at heart. They wouldn't get much done otherwise.

You're making an almighty fuss about people having a meeting about something that doesn't interest you in the slightest....interesting... :)

Archived