Riccarton & Hearts Academy Laszlo to change things?

tazhearts

During his interview on Hearts Word Laszlo is asked what he thought of Riccarton and he looked suitable underwhelmed by it (which is fair enough imo). He said he had some ideas to change things at Riccarton but didn't want to discus them just yet. I like the sound of that, makes me more confident he is going to come in and sort out the whole of Hearts footballing setup including youth coaching etc.

jamboinglasgow

I am very curious of this also. In his press conference he mentioned that he would bring not just an assistant but also coaches (though not local but I would like one ex-hearts player in the set up.) I would love him to bring a technique/skills coach like they do at contential clubs.

I think it can only be good that he has ideas to change things (and I trust him to do it as he was a academy director of the german team he was at.) Also means that Vlad is allowing him to do it and could be a sign that vlad wants him long term.

Also wondering if he was meaning just changing the set-up or did he also mean actual changes to the factilties.

I noticed he mentioned a new academy and new training ground also is this something we are planning or something he would like ?

colinmaroon

It was the one thing that really hit home with me during that interview, and it was the thing I was looking for that confirmed my instinctive liking of the man.

How many have we heard raving about the 'excellent' set up there?

He obviously has his own mind, and he's homed right in on the most crucial part of the whole set-up - in spades.

Coaching:

Both

1 Staff

and

2 Facilities

When interviewing someone for a job, or a prospective supplier or business associate, you look for that spark of originality and discernment.

I know it's only a brief interview on Hearts World and what I heard on Talk 107 last night etc. - but I am encouraged.

jamboinglasgow
I noticed he mentioned a new academy and new training ground also is this something we are planning or something he would like ?

when and where did he say that? Curiously enough according to an informed member on this site when vlad first came in he spoke to heriot-watt about the possibilty of building a stand next to the main pitch at riccarton so they could have reserve matches there. heriot-watt obviously said no and since then vlad has had the idea of building a bigger training center with a place for reserve and U19 matches. However I thought this had lessoned with trying to get the new stand at Tynecastle up as it would take alot of money, plus I think Hearts benefit from the location of riccarton so a similar piece of land would cost alot so that it was near Edinburgh.

when and where did he say that? Curiously enough according to an informed member on this site when vlad first came in he spoke to heriot-watt about the possibilty of building a stand next to the main pitch at riccarton so they could have reserve matches there. heriot-watt obviously said no and since then vlad has had the idea of building a bigger training center with a place for reserve and U19 matches. However I thought this had lessoned with trying to get the new stand at Tynecastle up as it would take alot of money, plus I think Hearts benefit from the location of riccarton so a similar piece of land would cost alot so that it was near Edinburgh.

He said it during the press conference. About 4mins in using the link posted on the other thread.

portobellojambo1
He obviously has his own mind, and he's homed right in on the most crucial part of the whole set-up - in spades.

Coaching:

Both

1 Staff

and

2 Facilities

I think that is possibly an indication that in reality he is the first proper manager we have had since Burley Colin, someone with ideas of his own, ideas that will hopefully be allowed to come to fruition.

Everyone between Burley and now have been stop gaps, people who, whether we like or not, worked the way they were told to.

This guy has ideas, he now has to be given the freedom to implement those ideas, and time to convert those ideas to actions on the park.

I assume that when he talks about changing the facilities, he is not actually talking about the site itself, Riccarton (i.e. changing location) but is talking about changing the facilities available at Riccarton and the training methods used.

Coaching:

Both

1 Staff

and

2 Facilities

I know for a fact that 4 or 5 of the youth academy coaches at Riccarton were released over the summer and others brought in. Might give us some fresh impetus there (not that I think it's totally lacking when you see guys like Glen etc coming through).

Oopsupsideyerheed
I know for a fact that 4 or 5 of the youth academy coaches at Riccarton were released over the summer and others brought in. Might give us some fresh impetus there (not that I think it's totally lacking when you see guys like Glen etc coming through).

And where did you get these facts? 2 have left, one of his own accord to join Hibs. :wacko:

And where did you get these facts? 2 have left, one of his own accord to join Hibs. :wacko:

From another of the coaches. :cool:

Oopsupsideyerheed
From another of the coaches. :cool:

Then this coach is telling you porkies.......only 2 have left the club, and I have previously stated, one was of his own choice to join Hibs. Give me a pm if you would like to discuss further.

PS 1 other has been given different duties but not "released" as you put it.

didnt he also suggest he knew who is right hand man would be?

any clues?

He did and said he will be coming as soon as possible. Maybe suggests the guy is currently employed ?

Drylaw Hearts
didnt he also suggest he knew who is right hand man would be?

any clues?

I think Donkey said last night it would be a Hungarian or German.

Ibrahim Tall

Given he's already got alot of experience as a youth coach at Monchengladbach not really suprised he's so willing to get involved in that aspect. Sounds like we've finally got someone whos actually "in control" for once though. :)

Csaba also stressed that he will demand his players give absolutely everything on the training pitch.

"I don't like players who don't work in training and I don't like indiscipline in my team," he said.

calum elliot won't have a problem next season then :)

and as he was head of youth development at other clubs i can see lots of young players coming in to train with the first team.

i still don't think gary glen should get a start for the whole season the lad's a good player fair enough but i just don't think he could cope physically , csaba might change a few things at the academy for the better. hearts to win the league odds now?

Buffalo Bill

It's about time we got someone to sort out Riccarton. It's a pretty place with nice trees and hedges but we hardly get any decent youngsters coming out of that place.

I'm really excited by the ideas that Csaba has. Hopefully he'll have us playing fast, attacking football: just how we love it at a white-hot Tynecastle.

I loved all the 'box running' or 'pack hunting' we did in 05/06.

Buffalo Bill

jamboinglasgow

just watched the bit where that is said but I think he meant riccarton not a new training ground. Though would be good to have an even better one.

If they wanted to build a stand at Riccarton they would obviously need to do it in conjunction with the University but if there's no benefit to the Uni or the students then I can understand why they'd say no. But..if the club were serious about wanting to build a wee place somewhere out that way for the reserves and youths to use, they could probably get a hold of the land fairly cheaply. Would be a big investment in terms of constructing the thing though, and I guess that isn't a priority right now. Still, maybe something for the future.

I like the fact that he's barely in the door and already he's a man full of opinions. I guess he wouldn't have so much to say if he wasn't under the impression that his input was required.

I think I'm going to like this man. :)

jamboinglasgow
If they wanted to build a stand at Riccarton they would obviously need to do it in conjunction with the University but if there's no benefit to the Uni or the students then I can understand why they'd say no. But..if the club were serious about wanting to build a wee place somewhere out that way for the reserves and youths to use, they could probably get a hold of the land fairly cheaply. Would be a big investment in terms of constructing the thing though, and I guess that isn't a priority right now. Still, maybe something for the future.

I like the fact that he's barely in the door and already he's a man full of opinions. I guess he wouldn't have so much to say if he wasn't under the impression that his input was required.

I think I'm going to like this man. :)

It was a while ago and cant name the poster who said it but sounded an idea, that vlad wants a big training and academy place of hearts design with a small stadium for reserve and U19 matches (probably no more than a 500 seater stand, dunno.) But whether this was just something Vlad had as one of his many dreams/ideas is a different matter.

It could be an idea but cant see vlad acting on it any time soon unless he payed for it with his own money rather than UBIG's or he got funding from sport scotland but I think they will be busy funding facilties in the west, also proximity to Edinburgh is an important issue. So unless Csaba is pushing for this cant see it happening any time soon.

Archived