a note of optimism

givememychoice

givememychoice

There is still a lot of (possibly justified) name calling towards our owner.

Lets have a look at what has changed since he first took over.

Stadium - He has kept us at tynecastle, and is looking at ways to improve our stadium. A good thing.

Debt- Debt was about 24million which was the reason we were going to have to move to murrayfield. Debt would have been wiped out, but our overall assets would have been next to nothing. As it is, as far as i can work out, our debt level is (after this share for equity thing) going to be in the region of 20million. Also, I would suspect that even with this housing market slump, the value of the land will have gone up in the intervening 4 years. if we call it about 28m, then that gives us effective assets in the region of ?8m...certainly financially better off. A good thing.

On the park - Under Vlads tenure, we have endured highs and lows. We have won one of only 2 pieces of silverwear in the past 45ish years under his reign. We have also finished the lowest in the spl since its introduction under his reign. Overall, fairly mixed, but, one key thing is that one of the reasons we get so annoyed is because we hark back to the burley days, when we were spending lots. We are now in a stage of debt reduction. I will actually take a few years of bland football to further reduce debt down to a sensible level. A mixed bag.

Overall, fairly positive. I also note various posters who stated that they would renew when a manager was in place saying they still wont renew with shaba in place. A lot of them also accuse Vlad of deceiving the hearts fans. kettle. pot. black.

I have stated (maybe not on here) that I would not renew until/unless we got a manager in. As we have a manager in, i will be heading to the ticket office to buy a season ticket.

Time to get behind hearts and unite in our support for them.

There is still a lot of (possibly justified) name calling towards our owner.

Lets have a look at what has changed since he first took over.

Stadium - He has kept us at tynecastle, and is looking at ways to improve our stadium. A good thing.

Debt- Debt was about 24million which was the reason we were going to have to move to murrayfield. Debt would have been wiped out, but our overall assets would have been next to nothing. As it is, as far as i can work out, our debt level is (after this share for equity thing) going to be in the region of 20million. Also, I would suspect that even with this housing market slump, the value of the land will have gone up in the intervening 4 years. if we call it about 28m, then that gives us effective assets in the region of ?8m...certainly financially better off. A good thing.

On the park - Under Vlads tenure, we have endured highs and lows. We have won one of only 2 pieces of silverwear in the past 45ish years under his reign. We have also finished the lowest in the spl since its introduction under his reign. Overall, fairly mixed, but, one key thing is that one of the reasons we get so annoyed is because we hark back to the burley days, when we were spending lots. We are now in a stage of debt reduction. I will actually take a few years of bland football to further reduce debt down to a sensible level. A mixed bag.

Overall, fairly positive. I also note various posters who stated that they would renew when a manager was in place saying they still wont renew with shaba in place. A lot of them also accuse Vlad of deceiving the hearts fans. kettle. pot. black.

I have stated (maybe not on here) that I would not renew until/unless we got a manager in. As we have a manager in, i will be heading to the ticket office to buy a season ticket.

Time to get behind hearts and unite in our support for them.

Indeed.

Get real naysayers and doom mongers. Look at the press opinion on this guy - the same press you're so quick to quote whenever anything negative about Hearts/Vlad is mentioned. The general opnion is that this guy is a decent manager who just might be the man to steady the Tynie ship. Nevertheless there are still plenty of 'fans' still refusing to get behind him and give him any sort of chance.

I'll be giving him and our team my full support - if you're not I suggest you keep your own counsell and leave Hearts well alone as your negativity is what holds us back. Lets have crowds at Tynie who come to support the team, not to mock them. Lets get the positive atmospheres back. We're better off without you!

Jam Tarts 1874

Csaba has a good CV, we have now all seen and heard him. He has charisma and will go down well with the players, he has the type of charisma that will have the players following him.

We have good players both in the first team squad and in the under 19's, there is no reason why the group of players we have cannot at least finish 3rd in the league. We have seen evidence of good spirit amongst the players pre-season - and that was before the new manager came in. This high morale is something that was clearly missing for various reasons over the past two summers.

As Csaba said, he is not looking at what has happened in the past. Hearts have always been a forward thinking club. Indeed, Hearts are the only club in Scotland which has always had the balls to try and find ways of challenging the bigot brothers. I wish some of our so called supporters were as forward thinking and free-thinking as Csaba.

Romanov has effectively given Hearts another ?12m this week as well as a very credable manager, I really don't see what the problem is.

tartofmidlothian
if we call it about 28m, then that gives us effective assets in the region of ?8m...certainly financially better off. A good thing.

I will actually take a few years of bland football to further reduce debt down to a sensible level. A mixed bag.

On your first point, I honestly believe anyone trying to second guess how better off this makes us is p*ssing up a rope. Of course the equity thing's a step forward, but are we better or worse off than the CR days now? Do we owe ?15m, ?20m, ?24m? No-one but VR and a select few have even the slightest realistic clue, let's face it.

On your second point, I agree. Long-term survival comes before short-term success.

And on your third point - nice one, mate! Hope it's good value, after all that! :)

tartofmidlothian
Romanov has effectively given Hearts another ?12m this week as well as a very credable manager, I really don't see what the problem is.

Nope, he's gotten us out of ?12m worth of debt. It's not Csaba's transfer fund, or at least I hope to god it's not!

chester copperpot
Nope, he's gotten us out of ?12m worth of debt. It's not Csaba's transfer fund, or at least I hope to god it's not!

Laszlo is getting a budget to spend, but it aint 12million, trust me.

Its more 16M :dribble:

Na it will be in the region of 1-1.5M IMO.

Ryan Gosling
Laszlo is getting a budget to spend, but it aint 12million, trust me.

Its more 16M :dribble:

Na it will be in the region of 1-1.5M IMO.

Probably more dude. Need to take wages into account.

chester copperpot

That was just transfer fee's mate. Think he'll get that amount, well thats what I've been told.

If you want to hear how much he can give each player, PM me and we can exchange stories. ;)

I agree with a lot of what is posted on this thread.

It's hard to argue against a lot of what the OP states. However, it will take me and a lot of other Jambos a long time and an extended period of stability to get our heads around what has happened in the last two years I'd imagine.

Should all go well under Laszlo then I will bow to the superior knowledge of Romanov. I will accept he needed someone in place that HE could trust to work the way he wants.

Until then it will be hard to look past what happened under Burley.

Jam Tarts 1874

You are wrong, you obvoiusly don't understand simple business transactions. So I suggest in future you do some research before you contradict me.

tartofmidlothian

I dunno, it might be about that including new players' wages. We're cutting costs, remember.

Carl Spackler

There is a simple question regarding Vladimir. That is do you trust him or do you not? Are his intentions for the greater good of Hearts or are they not?

I cannot fathom an argument to the contrary. Well not without getting deeply philosophical and political anyway.

In my opinion as a Hearts fan you can disagree with the man but you cannot argue his principles. He wants Hearts to win.

There have been questions of control of the football itself and insinuations (highly probably correct) that Romanov has been medddling in matters over which he has little understanding. These have, on the face of it, and with the testament of a jilted employee, been put to rest.

There is now no argument.

tartofmidlothian
You are wrong, you obvoiusly don't understand simple business transactions. So I suggest in future you do some research before you contradict me.

Terribly sorry, headmaster. I shan't run in the corridor again, I promise.

i honestly think this could be turn in fortunes for us this year, from what ive read or heard of csaba he seems a good coach and just the guy to take us forward, and more importantly i think he will be the type that cvould stick it wae romanov.

got ma season ticket b4 we even had a manager and il go on getting it every summer till they put me in the dirt!

Carl Spackler
the value of the land will have gone up in the intervening 4 years. if we call it about 28m, then that gives us effective assets in the region of ?8m...certainly financially better off. A good thing.

Whilst I applaud your positivity the raw valuation of assets as an indicator of Hearts worth, viability, call it what you will, especially valuing Tynecastle, is fundamentally flawed. Financial worth has f^%k all to with football in a wider context and thinking that way is a total nonsense.

tartofmidlothian

PS For what it's worth, I completely agree with the rest of your post.

givememychoice
Whilst I applaud your positivity the raw valuation of assets as an indicator of Hearts worth, viability, call it what you will, especially valuing Tynecastle, is fundamentally flawed. Financial worth has f^%k all to with football in a wider context and thinking that way is a total nonsense.

tell that to gretna.

HMFC are a business. Trading while insolvent is highly risky.

Can I get back on track and say i am more optimistic than i have been for a couple years?

I hope and pray this guy does well, will give him my full backing, and judge him on results NOT preconceptions.

Come on the HEARTS!

Archived