Ovo Hydro…

Debut 4

Been before by train and stayed overnight after a concert but I’m taking the car tonight.  Has anyone got any sneaky parking tips away from the usual multi storey car park and other recommended , online paid parking?  🙂

I’ve been checking the map at Paisley Road West over the other side of the Clyde where it looks more residential.

Cheers.

The last few times I have been I have parked at the NCP Car park on Oswald street. 20/25 minute walk but still much quicker get away than the multi story. 

Dagger Is Back

Last few times I’ve been there I’ve parked near McDonalds on Houldsworth Street. 

Residential area and I’ve always managed to find a space. 10/15 minutes walk 

rossaldinho

It was closed last time but the car park beside the Hilton across the road from the Hydro is where we park. It's only about a 5er to park.

broxburnjambo

Paid Parking on the streets over the flyover bridge have been extended to midnight, however Dover Street is free from 18:30. 5 / 10 minute walk to the Hydro.

Can park at the Science centre. 5 minute walk to the Hydro. Costs £6. I'm down in Ayrshire so it's easier to get to for me. It is a little further to drive but you'll get out much quicker than the multi story.

2 hours ago, dougal said:

Can park at the Science centre. 5 minute walk to the Hydro. Costs £6. I'm down in Ayrshire so it's easier to get to for me. It is a little further to drive but you'll get out much quicker than the multi story.

I’ve read that.  Seems cheap so close to the hydro?  I take it they relax restrictions on that car park in the evening as I thought it’d be customer parking during the day?

Cheers. 

2 hours ago, broxburnjambo said:

Paid Parking on the streets over the flyover bridge have been extended to midnight, however Dover Street is free from 18:30. 5 / 10 minute walk to the Hydro.

I’ve parked near Glasgow/Springfield Quay over the water before when I took my daughter to her concerts and myself and the missus hung around for a few hours, but its a bit further to walk to the hydro.  There’s also industrial units nearby (Watt Street)which I imagine would be free parking?

Ive just not been for a few years so don’t know if things have changed.  Lol

CF11JamTart

Simple Minds?

Enjoy yourself. 

I'm off to see them in Cardiff next week. Really looking forward to it. 

Delayed 2 years to the day. 

skinnybob72

I’ve parked in Minerva Street on the other side of the railway - don’t think it was metered last time. 

1 hour ago, CF11JamTart said:

Simple Minds?

Enjoy yourself. 

I'm off to see them in Cardiff next week. Really looking forward to it. 

Delayed 2 years to the day. 

Aye…. Was at the Hydro in 2015 aswell.  

Some good early write ups of the

opening shows since Thursday.  Looking forward to it 👍🏻

1 hour ago, skinnybob72 said:

I’ve parked in Minerva Street on the other side of the railway - don’t think it was metered last time. 

Had a look there. Think it’s metered. 

No hassle anyway. Decided to give the Science Centre a bash as recommended by Dougal.  

Hopefully get a spot as 6 quid isn’t bad at all.  Cheers 

Edited by Debut 4

On 06/04/2022 at 11:11, Debut 4 said:

I’ve read that.  Seems cheap so close to the hydro?  I take it they relax restrictions on that car park in the evening as I thought it’d be customer parking during the day?

Cheers. 

Sorry if this reply is late. There doesn't seem to be any restrictions on parking there. I parked there a couple of Saturdays ago to go to Hydro. No problems and plenty of spaces.

59 minutes ago, dougal said:

Sorry if this reply is late. There doesn't seem to be any restrictions on parking there. I parked there a couple of Saturdays ago to go to Hydro. No problems and plenty of spaces.

Was a good shout mate👍🏻   Only issue was the wait afterwards to validate yer parking ticket as the queues were huge, but that’s expected.   

6 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Was a good shout mate👍🏻   Only issue was the wait afterwards to validate yer parking ticket as the queues were huge, but that’s expected.   

We must have got lucky as there wasn't much of a queue. Hopefully it was still quicker and cheaper than the multistorey car park.

His name is

Slightly off topic, am I right in thinking that the hydro was initially planed to be built in Edinburgh down by ocean terminal? I think Edinburgh Council refused to put their hand in the pocket so it was moved to Glasgow?

Malinga the Swinga
18 minutes ago, His name is said:

Slightly off topic, am I right in thinking that the hydro was initially planed to be built in Edinburgh down by ocean terminal? I think Edinburgh Council refused to put their hand in the pocket so it was moved to Glasgow?

Is correct. Our council would rather waste billions on a vanity tram project than give the people of Edinburgh something they would enjoy.