• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• ri Alban

• Factuer Moi

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

8 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

We'll have 3 away games. As 3 of the top 6 have played 17 home games and 3 have played 16, they'll give the former 2 home games and the latter 3.  We're in the former group, so we'll have 2 home games and will be away to somebody for a third time.

Ibrox again. 

Cheers for the information, bud 👍

No Idle Talk

I love Heart of Midlothian so much. I have had such a crap week this week. I have been so down. Life has felt like a black hole. Then I watched the match today. The pride I felt in Hearts and the way they played. It was great. And the atmosphere the Jambos created. It really lifted my heart. I actually feel happy right now. And it is because of what Hearts did.

I am so proud to love the 'men in maroon' as Laurie Dunsire always calls them.

John Gentleman
56 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I love Heart of Midlothian so much. I have had such a crap week this week. I have been so down. Life has felt like a black hole. Then I watched the match today. The pride I felt in Hearts and the way they played. It was great. And the atmosphere the Jambos created. It really lifted my heart. I actually feel happy right now. And it is because of what Hearts did.

Your right enough, great days are made of this. Look after yourself neebs.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

Who’s cutting onions, beautiful post mate 👍🏽👏🏾, take care. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

9 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Big shout out to Ellis Simms today as well. Unfortunate to miss his chance in the first half but the lad had more strength than the entire hibs team put together throughout the match

Yep Mark DV, just ask Hibs defenders if they are looking forward to facing Simms ( nightmare comes to mind ) next week, he is invaluable to how we play, goals are being spread through the team, he pulled their defenders all over the place making space for others, he never stops. It takes a great run for a great pass, that is what he did for McKay, wee bit unlucky with his "dink", but I can see that move being a goal next week. Keep it up big man, Well done all.

Disser Pointon

Possibly not a bad thing that we lost the first goal today, if the same thing was to happen next week the players know not to panic.

Edited by Disser Pointon

Doesn't get much better than that does it? Secured third place, put them in the bottom 6, messed with their morale for the semi. Quite a day.

TyphoonJambo
2 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

A great day. Stay strong and positive bud.

4 hours ago, jm_hmfc said:

Haha okay, cheers for the answer..  watched it from the Netherlands, just couldn't make out the words on hearts tv.. but my words were, and no lie.. "That song is gonna come back to haunt them" 👌🏻👌🏻

I'm back for next week 💪🏻

😄. My mate said the same. The first two he put over the bar he was just finding his range. Halliday was very restrained in his celebrations at the first I thought- he must have felt like getting right in their faces but as with all things Jambo stayed classy.

5 hours ago, RobNox said:

The back heel for Halliday's second goal :clumshot:

Whoever managed to convince him to come to Hearts deserves a medal, the fact that he has extended his deal is beyond fantasy.  I said it to a mate at the match today, he is head and shoulders above anyone else on the park.  

Once he got into the game he was superb. Sees things mere mortals don’t 

10 hours ago, JALBO said:

Updated head-to-head per decade since the 1890s

1890s
Hearts  6
Hibs 4
Draw 1

1900s
Hearts 12
Hibs 3
Draw  6

1910s
Hearts 18
Hibs 3
Draw 3
Abandoned 1

1920s
Hearts 2
Hibs 9
Draw 9

1930s
Hearts 8
Hibs 3
Draw 7

1940s
Hearts 6
Hibs 3
Draw 0

1950s
Hearts 15
Hibs 6
Draw 3

1960s
Hearts 10
Hibs 7
Draw 4

1970s
Hearts 2
Hibs 13
Draw 10

1980s
Hearts 11
Hibs 3
Draw 12

1990s
Hearts 18
Hibs 6
Draw 13

2000s
Hearts 14
Hibs 11
Draw 13

2010s
Hearts 17
Hibs 10
Draw 11

2020s
Hearts 3
Hibs 0
Draw 2

On page 31, there's a young Hibby's vlog which includes their support on the concourse getting pumped up for the match and singing with gusto a wee ditty containing the words ... wait for it ...

"And if you know your history, it's enough to make (blah-blah-blah)."

This mass delusion begs the question: just how thick do you have to be to follow Hibs?

Some definitions:-

Thick: What a person has to be to follow Hibs with research ongoing as to just how thick

Thicko: Any typical individual Hibby

Thickness: The dimensions of any two short planks used to describe a Hibby

Thickishness & Thickocity: A mental state demonstrated by the average Hibby, and often by Hibs players. c.f. 'Doing an O'Connor' (can substitute Griffiths, Riordan, Sproule, and many, many more)

Thickification: The gradual degenerative process gone through by the vast majority of Hibs fans, thought to be irreversable

Thickaciousness: See Thickishness & Thickocity

3 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Stay strong pal life can be very difficult at times and we all have struggles . I recently lost my Dad my best friend too and a diehard Jambo  so I am were you are at the moment. However yesterday lifted me as I know Dad would have been with me. You take care and remember that there is always help out there. 

37 minutes ago, bigdav said:

😄. My mate said the same. The first two he put over the bar he was just finding his range. Halliday was very restrained in his celebrations at the first I thought- he must have felt like getting right in their faces but as with all things Jambo stayed classy.

Fear ye not, they were getting their noses rubbed in it from Cochrane & Boyce. 😊

Screenshot_20220410-073538_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20220410-074506_Chrome.jpg

John Findlay
40 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Boyce did it for him. Watch what Boyce gives the Hibs support after Halliday's first.

I didn't see it at the game as I was up in the God's in section T, but saw it great on Sportscene.

August Landmesser
12 hours ago, innerjambo said:

👍19k plus, very nice. 

Only ten short of 19,05-1!

Yes! We are building something beautiful. 

Take care of yourself. I hope this week is much brighter. 

kingantti1874

👏👏👏

31 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Fear ye not, they were getting their noses rubbed in it from Cochrane & Boyce. 😊

Screenshot_20220410-073538_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20220410-074506_Chrome.jpg

Class

The Bannon Flick
4 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

sorry to hear that you’ve been struggling mate. Life is hard at times  but delighted to know that the Jambos gave you a bit of light yesterday.

Don’t know you but happy to speak with you or even just listen if you need to offload to someone. DM if you want. 

1 hour ago, Disser Pointon said:

Possibly not a bad thing that we lost the first goal today, if the same thing was to happen next week the players know not to panic.

Also should make sure we have no complacency. 

Apple if already discussed. 

Any correlation between Wright going off for them and us getting back into the game?

Did it disrupt them so much?

KyleLafferty
3 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Any correlation between Wright going off for them and us getting back into the game?

He was finding pockets of space and was linking up well. I think the Simms chance put the fear of god into them then they retreated to try and just counter attack us. Which was a bad move cause we kept possession well later in the first half.

John Findlay
31 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Before Wright went off we had the Simms one on one with Macey and Atkinson hitting the post/bar with his header. So no it didn't disrupt them to much. Our goal(s) were coming, and they did.

John Findlay
31 minutes ago, Better call Saul said:

What was official attendance as I spotted a few empty seats in the main stand 

19,041, the only empty seats I saw were in the Roseburn after the 60th minute.

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

19,041, the only empty seats I saw were in the Roseburn after the 60th minute.

Lots in wheat field, and a good few scattered around in main, I guess just for whatever reason people do not show up. 

John Findlay
8 minutes ago, ericb said:

Lots in wheat field, and a good few scattered around in main, I guess just for whatever reason people do not show up. 

ST holders who just can't make it.

2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

On page 31, there's a young Hibby's vlog which includes their support on the concourse getting pumped up for the match and singing with gusto a wee ditty containing the words ... wait for it ...

"And if you know your history, it's enough to make (blah-blah-blah)."

This mass delusion begs the question: just how thick do you have to be to follow Hibs?

Some definitions:-

Thick: What a person has to be to follow Hibs with research ongoing as to just how thick

Thicko: Any typical individual Hibby

Thickness: The dimensions of any two short planks used to describe a Hibby

Thickishness & Thickocity: A mental state demonstrated by the average Hibby, and often by Hibs players. c.f. 'Doing an O'Connor' (can substitute Griffiths, Riordan, Sproule, and many, many more)

Thickification: The gradual degenerative process gone through by the vast majority of Hibs fans, thought to be irreversable

Thickaciousness: See Thickishness & Thickocity

They are all aresholes to a man. You forget, the young and old muppets have been weaned on the hubz fantasy history encyclopedia. They are that tormented by HMFC, they actually believe the fiction. 

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Photographed by my daughter’s partner after the match yesterday. 😎

7AF7D801-1922-459B-B86E-C73A7FF99874.jpeg

What has the poor bin done to deserve that !!

10 hours ago, Smithee said:

Simms is going to click in front of goal, hopefully next season, in maroon.

I hope we sign a decent stiker on a permanent deal. Loan signings are ok if they are being sent out to try and prove something but look at Woodburn and how he has performed apart from a couple of decent games.

As I said Simms has a nuisance value but his accuracy in hitting the target is very poor.

I watched him in the warm-up and his shooting at goal is very poor. He does draw defenders because of his size and he created the chance for Halliday to score our first goal. However when you look at the chance he had when he was clean through on goal and he puts it wide that tells you a bit about his scoring ability.

On countless occassions this season when shooting at goal he seems to have a knack of shooting straight at the goalkeeper.

I would hope that we could do much better than him.

1 hour ago, Better call Saul said:

What was official attendance as I spotted a few empty seats in the main stand 

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Boyce did it for him. Watch what Boyce gives the Hibs support after Halliday's first.

I didn't see it at the game as I was up in the God's in section T, but saw it great on Sportscene.

I think a few hundred of the fans in hospitality in the main and gorgie stands missed Kingsley's goal as there were loads of empty seats at that point.

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

He was finding pockets of space and was linking up well. I think the Simms chance put the fear of god into them then they retreated to try and just counter attack us. Which was a bad move cause we kept possession well later in the first half.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Before Wright went off we had the Simms one on one with Macey and Atkinson hitting the post/bar with his header. So no it didn't disrupt them to much. Our goal(s) were coming, and they did.

Fair point JF - it was coming

I don’t post on here much, but I was fortunate to get a ticket for the Derby yesterday. An enjoyable afternoon. Hibs put back in their box. 

Hannibal Lecter
11 hours ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

My brother and l were saying the exact same watching on ppv. How he and Hayes-Doyle never got booked is a mystery. Absolute cloggers.

Doyle-Hayes got booked immediately after our first goal before the game restarted.

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Glad the game gave you a lift. Hope that the things getting you down get better, remember there are sources of support available, whether that's of an emotional nature such as the samaritans, or a more practical nature such as citizens advice, debt relief charities, etc.  Help is out there, and reaching out for it isn't a sign of weakness or something to feel ashamed or embarrassed about, quite the opposite. 

4 hours ago, bigdav said:

Boyce done that for him with his first goal.

I've been pretty vocal in my criticism of Boyce but ever since dropping back to number 10 and watching him throw the hush gesture at the hobos I've got a new found love for him.

//Edit - Cochrane was doing it as well according to a photo further up the thread, delightful amount of brotherhood in our team.

Edited by Halliphax

23 hours ago, Gambo said:

Still strong enough to win, but dissapointing to go back to only 3 predominantly attack minded players.

😆😆😆😆😆

So if I have this right, that's 5 games without defeat now, only 2 defeats in 15, while we had one of the worst spells in our recent history? 

Factuer Moi
1 minute ago, Bozi said:

So if I have this right, that's 5 games without defeat now, only 2 defeats in 15, while we had one of the worst spells in our recent history? 

I am hoping we hit top form for the first time this season...

2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Glad the game gave you a lift. Hope that the things getting you down get better, remember there are sources of support available, whether that's of an emotional nature such as the samaritans, or a more practical nature such as citizens advice, debt relief charities, etc.  Help is out there, and reaching out for it isn't a sign of weakness or something to feel ashamed or embarrassed about, quite the opposite. 

Hear hear! 

I felt REALLY happy yesterday. I know that there'll be days in the future when the black dog will pay a visit, but I hope I can remember the happiness I felt yesterday when that may come to pass. 

HHGH