***** Official Heart of Midlothian versus Hibernian Match Thread *****

cookieboy

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Full hibs end singing "Andy Halliday"... 

Then he scores 2 goals. 

I hope they Never change. 

Highlight of the game for me - the very definition of a cosmic bit of justice

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• ri Alban

• Factuer Moi

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

7 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

What a game - that's what happens when you turn your big smelly club into a soulless, capitalist vehicle of half-time advertisements, tinpot cryptocurrency scams and clueless owners

Fantastic post 👍

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Full hibs end singing "Andy Halliday"... 

Then he scores 2 goals. 

I hope they Never change. 

They just make an absolute dugs dinner of everything don't they. You cannot write it. They're such a comical club. 

Pleased to see that their Norwegian wonderkid is utter pish as well btw. 

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Hibs fans singing Andy Hallidays name, only for him to score against them twice and win the match.

It’s just so Hibs.

They never let you down, up there with their relegation party.

KyleLafferty

First 25 was shocking. After that it was complete domination. Everyone was about a 3 till Simms had that chance then we woke up. Shows character to do that in a derby.

Batistuta87
18 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

They never let you down, up there with their relegation party.

Was just about to say this hahaha

The Old Tolbooth
3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Certainly a game of two halves if ever there was 

To be honest mate, as shit as we were in the first half, we really should I’ve been 3-1 up at half time, that’s how pish they are! 

Updated head-to-head per decade since the 1890s

1890s
Hearts  6
Hibs 4
Draw 1

1900s
Hearts 12
Hibs 3
Draw  6

1910s
Hearts 18
Hibs 3
Draw 3
Abandoned 1

1920s
Hearts 2
Hibs 9
Draw 9

1930s
Hearts 8
Hibs 3
Draw 7

1940s
Hearts 6
Hibs 3
Draw 0

1950s
Hearts 15
Hibs 6
Draw 3

1960s
Hearts 10
Hibs 7
Draw 4

1970s
Hearts 2
Hibs 13
Draw 10

1980s
Hearts 11
Hibs 3
Draw 12

1990s
Hearts 18
Hibs 6
Draw 13

2000s
Hearts 14
Hibs 11
Draw 13

2010s
Hearts 17
Hibs 10
Draw 11

2020s
Hearts 3
Hibs 0
Draw 2

MarkDevriesScores4

Big shout out to Ellis Simms today as well. Unfortunate to miss his chance in the first half but the lad had more strength than the entire hibs team put together throughout the match

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Big shout out to Ellis Simms today as well. Unfortunate to miss his chance in the first half but the lad had more strength than the entire hibs team put together throughout the match

Yeah, this! Excellent display, I like him a lot

Lone Striker
15 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Updated head-to-head per decade since the 1890s

1890s
Hearts  6
Hibs 4
Draw 1

1900s
Hearts 12
Hibs 3
Draw  6

1910s
Hearts 18
Hibs 3
Draw 3
Abandoned 1

1920s
Hearts 2
Hibs 9
Draw 9

1930s
Hearts 8
Hibs 3
Draw 7

1940s
Hearts 6
Hibs 3
Draw 0

1950s
Hearts 15
Hibs 6
Draw 3

1960s
Hearts 10
Hibs 7
Draw 4

1970s
Hearts 2
Hibs 13
Draw 10

1980s
Hearts 11
Hibs 3
Draw 12

1990s
Hearts 18
Hibs 6
Draw 13

2000s
Hearts 14
Hibs 11
Draw 13

2010s
Hearts 17
Hibs 10
Draw 11

2020s
Hearts 3
Hibs 0
Draw 2

It makes glorious reading !   14 decades - 12  of them dominated by Hearts.   Hopefully update that last one next Saturday to -

2020s
Hearts 4
Hibs 0
Draw 2

:jj:

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Sibbick was not the bomb scare that people are trying to make out.

He is definitely growing into the team and he is better now than Elvis and Zal were when they first played for us.  

He had a nervous first half when Hibs were pressing. Much better in the second as most of the team were.

August Landmesser
3 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Ha brilliant. Nice to see the 3 stands going wild at the goals.

'**** off Hibs!!!'

:jjyay:

John Findlay

The difference between the sides for me is this.

Hearts go a goal down and you are confident we will get it back, and draw at the least.

Hibs go a goal down against us, and they stay down by a goal or more.

Shout out for Cochrane today - thought he was great considering he has been in and out the team. Heard a few folk having a go at Simms but disagree..gave them a hard time. Fancy him to score next week. Anyway...Yassssss 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Edited by lmc1

2 hours ago, martoon said:

Tynecastle:

League: Hearts 69 -31

Cup: Hearts 5 -4

League Cup: Hearts 2 -0

Total: Hearts 76 -35

Easter Road: 

League: Hearts 55 -42

Cup: Hearts 6 -8

League Cup: Hearts 3 -1

Total: Hearts 64 -51

Neutral:

Cup: Hearts 5 -0

Total:

League: Hearts 124 -73

Cup: Hearts 16 -12

League Cup: Hearts 5 -1

Total: Hearts 145 -86

59 wins ahead. The furthest ahead we've ever been. 

C'mon, Hearts. A nice round 60 game gap sounds good.

:sweeet:

The best one has to be the Easter Road league one. Hope that never goes. 

Couldn't have asked for better 'rivals'.

Was a good experience today.   Thoroughly enjoyed it.   

I think we held back  some goals for next week 😂 

Kingsley gets another redemption goal.    Although he wasn't solely at fault he probably felt responsible having the near last touch.   Great finish for him again.   I love it when he does mistakes then scores to atone for it. 

Haliday getting it right up the hibs goaders 😂 😂 

Brilliant match today.    Who wants it easy anyway 🕺 

Unknown user

Today was almost perfect preparation for next week.

We know, and they know, we're a much better team than them now. No matter what they plan, this is sitting in the back of their minds.

But we also saw how a bit of bad luck can see things go differently, how even shite can be stubborn when you get it on your shoe. We've got to be really confident, while still being very aware of the danger of them stinking up our footwear. Exactly the mentality we want.

We're going to ****in annihilate them

Unknown user
18 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

FTH

02CE94DC-E05E-4173-86BD-6A633E197232.jpeg

I photoshopped that to show 5 maroon guys and 1 hibs, but 3-1 is perfect for today

Watt-Zeefuik

Fair play to that Hibs vlogger kid a few pages back. Actually in touch with reality. Feel sorry for him as the madness will eventually get to him and he'll be spouting nonsense before long.

Aussie Jambo
22 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I photoshopped that to show 5 maroon guys and 1 hibs, but 3-1 is perfect for today

😂😂😂-😔=FTH

49 minutes ago, lmc1 said:

Shout out for Cochrane today - thought he was great considering he has been in and out the team. Heard a few folk having a go at Simms but disagree..gave them a hard time. Fancy him to score next week. Anyway...Yassssss 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Simms missed a sitter, but made up for it at the equaliser, his strength and tenacity set up the chance for Halliday.

49 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

No doubt mentioned already but I liked the sprinklers giving the Hibs filth a wee wash pre kick off 😁

I believe we had disinfectant in the sprinklers, got to be careful these days.

On 02/04/2022 at 19:32, Sarah O said:

I'm rarely wrong. 

2 * 3 goal winning margins in a row coming up. 

Hmmmm. 

Well we'll win by 4 next week to balance.

3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

He was first class in the second half.

They were all rank in the first half.  Cochrane's involvement in our third goal (along with Barrie) was a thing of beauty.  Tremendous individual skills, great build up and a great finish.  Best piece of football this season.

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Simms missed a sitter, but made up for it at the equaliser, his strength and tenacity set up the chance for Halliday.

The hibs defence will be having nightmares all week, he was great. Such a shame about his wee dink (I've heard that before :oldsad:) but I'll be happy for it to look like he's done ok, not great, lacked goals, and get released by Everton. 

When he arrived I said McKay was going to start finding him with those wee passes once they tune in, he could score a bundle next season if we can keep him and he clicks.

Edited by Smithee

29 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Today was almost perfect preparation for next week.

We know, and they know, we're a much better team than them now. No matter what they plan, this is sitting in the back of their minds.

But we also saw how a bit of bad luck can see things go differently, how even shite can be stubborn when you get it on your shoe. We've got to be really confident, while still being very aware of the danger of them stinking up our footwear. Exactly the mentality we want.

We're going to ****in annihilate them

Ah but, the big wide pitch at Hampden will suit their flair players much better than the tight pitch at Tynecastle, I mean just look at their record against us at Hampden.  Oh, wait!

On a serious note, I actually can't wait to see what Barrie can do to them with all that space on the pitch.  They're broken after today, well beaten and consigned to bottom 6 after taking an early lead.  

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The hibs defence will be having nightmares all week, he was great. Such a shame about his wee dink (I've heard that before :oldsad:) but I'll be happy for it to look like he's done ok, not great, lacked goals, and get released by Everton. 

When he arrived I said McKay was going to start finding him with those wee passes once they tune in, he could score a bundle next season of we can keep him and he clicks.

I would take Simms and another same type striker to compete with him.    Why settle for one 😉 

Boyce is settled now into that 10 role he should only play the Lone Striker in an emergency. 

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Ah but, the big wide pitch at Hampden will suit their flair players much better than the tight pitch at Tynecastle, I mean just look at their record against us at Hampden.  Oh, wait!

On a serious note, I actually can't wait to see what Barrie can do to them with all that space on the pitch.  They're broken after today, well beaten and consigned to bottom 6 after taking an early lead.  

:robboyas:

Unknown user
1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

I would take Simms and another same type striker to compete with him.    Why settle for one 😉 

Boyce is settled now into that 10 role he should only play the Lone Striker in an emergency. 

Boyce is an absolute dervish in there, what a time to be alive!

Shaun Maloney’s bizarre quote….

"We have to change that very quickly. We have an opportunity next week but what I saw today tells me, although I already knew, the reasons why we were seventh when I came in, and why we've now dropped to seventh.”

😂😂😂

4 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Anyone got the official attendance today? Apologies if already posted btw

1 hour ago, lmc1 said:

I thought Cochrane played well in the second half. I did say I was concerned about him up against Cadden but he only really troubled him a couple of times in the first half.

The whole team played much better in the second half and again I thought Halkett and Kingsley were excellent.

Simms is really not a great striker and misses far too many good chances although he does work hard and has a nuisance value. 

23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Boyce is an absolute dervish in there, what a time to be alive!

I've probably said already on another thread, but I've only just begun to appreciate how good a player Boyce is since he moved into the deeper role after Simms came in.

Whether we can hold on to Simms or not, we've found Boyce's true vocation and if Simms leaves, we need a similar replacement.  We can't push Boyce back into the centre forward position.

Unknown user
18 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I thought Cochrane played well in the second half. I did say I was concerned about him up against Cadden but he only really troubled him a couple of times in the first half.

The whole team played much better in the second half and again I thought Halkett and Kingsley were excellent.

Simms is really not a great striker and misses far too many good chances although he does work hard and has a nuisance value. 

Simms is going to click in front of goal, hopefully next season, in maroon.

26 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

"We have to change that very quickly. We have an opportunity next week but what I saw today tells me, although I already knew, the reasons why we were seventh when I came in, and why we've now dropped to seventh.”

😂😂😂

What a load of pish 🤣

They were 7th when he came in, they are still 7th and can't finish higher than 7th.  Surely he was brought in to improve them and at least secure a top 6 spot with a chance of European football.

'We have to change that very quickly'.  How long does he need? he's been in the job for months.  He goes on to say that what he saw today told him what he already knew, so why hasn't he done anything about it?

will-i-am-a-jambo
5 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Every derby Newell commits foul after foul, should have been in the book.

I gave up at seven fouls.

My brother and l were saying the exact same watching on ppv. How he and Hayes-Doyle never got booked is a mystery. Absolute cloggers.

The Bannon Flick
35 minutes ago, gavvy said:

I'm a little bit in love with Barrie

That pass for Simms to go through one on one.

Oh my word ❤️

John Gentleman
2 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

😂😂😂

Very Cathro-esque.
They are all Shaun Maloney.

5 minutes ago, The Bannon Flick said:

That pass for Simms to go through one on one.

Oh my word ❤️

The back heel for Halliday's second goal :clumshot:

Whoever managed to convince him to come to Hearts deserves a medal, the fact that he has extended his deal is beyond fantasy.  I said it to a mate at the match today, he is head and shoulders above anyone else on the park.  

8 hours ago, bigdav said:

Should have won the cup but he ****ed it up,about 2016 final.

Haha okay, cheers for the answer..  watched it from the Netherlands, just couldn't make out the words on hearts tv.. but my words were, and no lie.. "That song is gonna come back to haunt them" 👌🏻👌🏻

I'm back for next week 💪🏻