• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• highlandjambo3

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

Bull's-eye

Looks there will be scope for a YMCA like dormitory under the Wheatfield for the less desirable supporters of our great club.

Still, money is money so cram the scaffs in and punt the out of date Beer at a cut price to keep them mildly chirpy.

highlandjambo3
1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Looks there will be scope for a YMCA like dormitory under the Wheatfield for the less desirable supporters of our great club.

Still, money is money so cram the scaffs in and punt the out of date Beer at a cut price to keep them mildly chirpy.

How’s that Rudi 😁

Beave1874

Hotel about to feature on Talk sport (Hawksbee and Jacob) the now, talking to the hotel manager I presume. 

highlandjambo3
1 minute ago, Beave1874 said:

Hotel about to feature on Talk sport (Hawksbee and Jacob) the now, talking to the hotel manager I presume. 

Keep us updated 

Beave1874

Good promotion of the hotel, H&J very complementary of Hearts and we are doing. Hotel manager came across well also. 

Was at tynie yesterday to pick up tickets for Airdrie and was surprised there was no new signage for the hotel. unless you knew you wouldn't even know it was there 

troonmaroon
8 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Was at tynie yesterday to pick up tickets for Airdrie and was surprised there was no new signage for the hotel. unless you knew you wouldn't even know it was there 

That might be part of the point/ plan. Ie it's a hotel within a football stadium so want to have it remain looking like a stadium rather than trying to maks it look like a hotel? Know what I mean? Not like Hotels do much in the way of 'passing trade'. Well, not the nice ones anyway... 🤣

highlandjambo3
56 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

They won’t be targeting walk-byes 

Just out of interest - where's the entrance to the hotel?

In the main stand?

1 minute ago, BRY said:

In the main stand?

Through the turnstiles, don't bring too big a suitcase

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, BRY said:

In the main stand?

Don't know for certain but would imaging through the main entrance and up on the lift

Watt-Zeefuik
On 04/02/2024 at 10:30, highlandjambo3 said:

Had the cooked option………was ok, not as good as mine though  (thank fek I found something 😏), nor is there vegan or veggie breakfast…….we don’t do eggs benny or any of the other choices though………

NO *** MARMITE 🤬

Was waiter ordering service as well with a help yourself continental style Buffett bar.

IMG_2030.jpeg

Bit late on this but thank *** for that. Didn't see it at the top at first, and I was thinking what's the point of getting breakfast at a Scottish hotel if I can't get a proper fry-up.  Glad it's there and the vegetarian option as well. I don't think black pudding every day on vacation is good for my cholesterol level...

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Bit late on this but thank *** for that. Didn't see it at the top at first, and I was thinking what's the point of getting breakfast at a Scottish hotel if I can't get a proper fry-up.  Glad it's there and the vegetarian option as well. I don't think black pudding every day on vacation is good for my cholesterol level...

One day off a week is advised. 

highlandjambo3
59 minutes ago, BRY said:

In the main stand?

Go into the main entrance, reception is on the left, check in and take the lift  to the second floor….escalators go up to the second floor as well but they were not switched on, the receptionist said they only go on during match days🤷‍♂️……..didn’t question that (I should have) so I don’t know why.

highlandjambo3
38 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Bit late on this but thank *** for that. Didn't see it at the top at first, and I was thinking what's the point of getting breakfast at a Scottish hotel if I can't get a proper fry-up  Glad it's there and the vegetarian option as well. I don't think black pudding every day on vacation is good for my cholesterol level...

Use that word at my gaff and your out on your ear 🤬.  The only thing fried is an egg, the rest of the breakfast is grilled, ealfy like 👍

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Use that word at my gaff and your out on your ear 🤬.  The only thing fried is an egg, the rest of the breakfast is grilled, ealfy like 👍

Will keep that in mind!

2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Where is your gaff mate? Special rates for JKBers?

highlandjambo3
12 minutes ago, Jibbers said:

Where is your gaff mate? Special rates for JKBers?

Special VIP glamping in the garden for JKB hero’s:

IMG_6008.jpeg

3 hours ago, kila said:

Through the turnstiles, don't bring too big a suitcase

😄

45 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

IMG_6008.jpeg

Book via your website? 😆

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

IMG_6008.jpeg

On 05/02/2024 at 11:58, highlandjambo3 said:

I emailed my feedback after Saturdays stay, generally a big excellent well done to the hotel and catering staff…..I couldn’t find fault and, the fit out was of an exceptional standard.

I did make a comment about parking, firstly I e mailed about two weeks ago confirming my arrival time and mentioning that I assumed there was no parking only to get a reply back saying that there was parking.  I’ve checked their own hotel booking site and there is no parking mentioned.  I also checked the hotels booking.com platform which actually says there is no parking.  This will be a major issue for them in the future…..not ITK but, I’m not sure if there is a plan to remedy this.  The small parking area with the barrier on the left side of the plaza is inadequate if 25 rooms if everyone wishes to book in a car.  I think there were about 10 cars squeezed in.

I did also mention the two accessibility rooms they have but no disabled parking🤷‍♂️…..I did say it wouldn’t be unreasonable for the club to offer two disabled parking places actually on the plaza close to reception, ok no I’m not talking about a full on car park, just 2 car spaces…….whats your take on this?

I’ll await their response.

Just booked up to stay in March. I knew there was a post that mentioned parking. Did you have to email or call with your reg to book a space?

Fxxx the SPFL
6 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Just booked up to stay in March. I knew there was a post that mentioned parking. Did you have to email or call with your reg to book a space?

Sure somebody said you had to email to book. Me and the wife are booked in as well in March

highlandjambo3
16 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

E mail them with your booking and car details.  When you get to the barrier you’ll see a notice with a number to call…….call that number and someone on the other side will open up.  You’ll have a £15 bill to settle when you check out.  I’m sure the carpark process will improve in time.  There are large containers in the carpark and, I was told by the club these were being removed this week and parking spaces marked out.

highlandjambo3
On 07/02/2024 at 20:37, highlandjambo3 said:

IMG_6008.jpeg

On 07/02/2024 at 21:24, Jibbers said:

Book via your website? 😆

It’s usually in high demand and sold out pretty quickly but, I will take walk-by’s if we have space.

Edited by highlandjambo3

Stayed last Wednesday, parked on McLeod Street next to plaza 15:30 till 17:30 £6 Then in the morning from 08:30 till 10:00 £4 £10 in total. So if you checkin after 17:30 there is no charge and you’d only have the morning charge to pay.😉

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

Sure somebody said you had to email to book. Me and the wife are booked in as well in March

Us too lol. Should have a kickback table in the skyline.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, alicante jambo said:

Us too lol. Should have a kickback table in the skyline.

Enjoy 14th for us our anniversary 

5 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

E mail them with your booking and car details.  When you get to the barrier you’ll see a notice with a number to call…….call that number and someone on the other side will open up.  You’ll have a £15 bill to settle when you check out.  I’m sure the carpark process will improve in time.  There are large containers in the carpark and, I was told by the club these were being removed this week and parking spaces marked out.

Do you then walk through the Gorgie Stand, or do you need to go right round Gorgie Road?

Hungry hippo
3 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Do you then walk through the Gorgie Stand, or do you need to go right round Gorgie Road?

I believe the space is to the left of the plaza - a bit in front to the club shop/ticket office.

2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I believe the space is to the left of the plaza - a bit in front to the club shop/ticket office.

Cheers Hippo - I was thinking the main car park round the back :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Thank you for the info 👌👍

Bazzas right boot
On 07/02/2024 at 14:23, Bull's-eye said:

Could be a Jkb sponsored common room.

It would allow for the free flowing, logical and balanced debates to continue in person.

Help foster and grow the happy  JKB family.

8 hours ago, hmfc1984 said:

Wow, they are really interested in how our hotel is and how much we've spent on it. 

We can't stay in our hotel rent free, unlike in their wee heads!

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?365090-Their-super-new-hotel/page6

They’d hate to admit it but deep inside they’re very envious and hurting so badly. We deeply embedded into their grey matter and their obsession with what we’re doing is evident in nearly every post. Counter that then I  don’t think anyone from our side actually give two flying Fuchs of what happens down at the cow barn. 

Give our hotel 12-18months to become properly established and wait till it reaps rewards on the pitch. He who laughs last and all that! 

Had to laugh at the poster who said he has it on good authority that they’re going to be filling in the corners and raising the capacity to 28k to raise their revenue streams. There’s not enough school pupils in Leef to give free tickets away to. They’re a deluded bunch I’ll give them that. 

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Could be a Jkb sponsored common room.

It would allow for the free flowing, logical and balanced debates to continue in person.

Help foster and grow the happy  JKB family.

Would it also allow a reasonable amount of scrapping?

IMG_6018.jpeg

Fxxx the SPFL
7 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Booked in this weekend   😃

enjoy bud my brother and his wife were there last week and thoroughly enjoyed the stay, i'll need to wait another four weeks for our booking.

Bull's-eye
6 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

enjoy bud my brother and his wife were there last week and thoroughly enjoyed the stay, i'll need to wait another four weeks for our booking.

Cheers pal, looking forward to it 😊

@highlandjambo3 any idea how many rooms out of the 25 have windows? It wouldn't bother me, but the wife would have a grumble if there was no windows in the room. 

Cheers.

highlandjambo3
8 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

@highlandjambo3 any idea how many rooms out of the 25 have windows? It wouldn't bother me, but the wife would have a grumble if there was no windows in the room. 

Cheers.

Not sure…..the room I was in had a window which was side/end room above the bar/store overlooking the carpark, I believe someone else posted a message about a side room so that’s 2 side on rooms…..the remaining rooms will be overlooking the plaza (with windows) or on the opposite side (no windows) I believe.  I found the hotel corridor floor plan is a bit of a maze but mainly due to one of the staff taking us the long way to our room then showing us the shorter way.  When we were checking out at reception my wife couldn’t find her phone and asked me to go back to the room to look for it……I went the wrong way 😂😂

25 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Cheers.

The Plaza rooms all have windows, not sure how many Plaza rooms there are. 

32 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Cheers.

Going by the drawings on page 13, looks like 11 rooms have windows but maybe more.

28 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Not sure…..the room I was in had a window which was side/end room above the bar/store overlooking the carpark, I believe someone else posted a message about a side room so that’s 2 side on rooms…..the remaining rooms will be overlooking the plaza (with windows) or on the opposite side (no windows) I believe.  I found the hotel corridor floor plan is a bit of a maze but mainly due to one of the staff taking us the long way to our room then showing us the shorter way.  When we were checking out at reception my wife couldn’t find her phone and asked me to go back to the room to look for it……I went the wrong way 😂😂

😂😂😂 thanks 👍 

10 minutes ago, kila said:

Going by the drawings on page 13, looks like 11 rooms have windows but maybe more.

👍

18 minutes ago, stotty said:

The Plaza rooms all have windows, not sure how many Plaza rooms there are. 

👍

Somewhat last minute, pleased/surprised to see availability Friday before the rugby so booked in for a night 👍