• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• highlandjambo3

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

14 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Irony at it's finest.

Trenches, ffs You'd be greeting and cryin' your eyes out at the first sign of trouble like you do on here.

Oh you are horrible to me you really are. Well I’m crushed that you think I’m a feardy cat. If only there was a way I could prove to you that I’m a real man, any ideas honey.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Oh you are horrible to me you really are. Well I’m crushed that you think I’m a feardy cat. If only there was a way I could prove to you that I’m a real man, any ideas honey.

I'll meet you in the trenches.

3 hours ago, One five said:

I’ve just booked a night with the offer, looking forward to it 🍺🍴👍

If rubbish you can get a bus home!

11 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s an upside down pineapple - apparently 😜

A pineapple the right way up is just someone who likes pineapples 

There was something about upside down pineapples on the sitcom Ghosts (US version).  Didn’t understand it until now.

JKB once again educating me!

2 nights B & B booked for mid March. Combining with Dinner at Skyline on first night, followed with seats at Festival Theatre to see Hamilton the musical. All for wedding anniversary. Wife is absolutely delighted. Lots and lots of brownie points. The booking system was top drawer as befits a Boutique Hotel. Several visits already for lunch and dinner at Skyline. To ALL the moaners and groaners, why not try it and stop slating the Hearts latest and potentially most profitable venture which will imo contribute excellent finances to the future wellbeing of our Club and more importantly the signing prospects of new players in the future.

FarmerTweedy
On 09/01/2024 at 15:36, The Real Maroonblood said:

That's a fair point. 

Well it would be if we had a problem with our first team manager, but as we're a few points clear in 3rd place with a game in hand on our nearest challengers, having taken 25 points from our last 11 league games, it's quite clearly an utterly moronic point!

FarmerTweedy
On 10/01/2024 at 23:14, mitch41 said:

Aye I know we’re part of the community from Clermiston to Portobello, from Dunbar to Whitburn, from Fife to Manchester. Now how about giving our fans something to cheer about on a match day. It’s that simple, and remember the better Hearts do the better the community will do, oky doky.

What, like winning matches? We've done that eight times in our last eleven league games, including away to the terrorist lovers and the weeteam.  Were you too busy munching crayons to notice?

18 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s an upside down pineapple - apparently 😜

A pineapple the right way up is just someone who likes pineapples 

Is there a council/committee somewhere that decides WTF is actualy what with regard to asigning random symbols to specific activities?

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, OBE said:

Is there a council/committee somewhere that decides WTF is actualy what with regard to asigning random symbols to specific activities?

I am chair of said committee. I will answer any specific questions you care to ask.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I am chair of said committee. I will answer any specific questions you care to ask.

greedy.webp

John Findlay
1 hour ago, OBE said:

greedy.webp

Confucious say. Man who drinks on his own, has no friends.

10 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'll meet you in the trenches.

Deal. 🤣

30 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Confucious say. Man who drinks on his own, has no friends.

Mates a lighweight or I'm a greedy b*s*a*d...:biggrin2:

John Findlay
12 minutes ago, OBE said:

Mates a lighweight or I'm a greedy b*s*a*d...:biggrin2:

I will say the latter😄

Dalstonjambo

I see via Instagram the hotel is completely full for the weekend of the six nations game against England. 

Great news and certainly a surprise as we were told ‘We’ll never get out of towners up for the weekend due to no mention of parking’ by the experts on here. 

7 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

I see via Instagram the hotel is completely full for the weekend of the six nations game against England. 

Great news and certainly a surprise as we were told ‘We’ll never get out of towners up for the weekend due to no mention of parking’ by the experts on here. 

It was always going to be a success and booked up . Surprised so many people doubted it 

jimbojambo
14 hours ago, TWF said:

2 nights B & B booked for mid March. Combining with Dinner at Skyline on first night, followed with seats at Festival Theatre to see Hamilton the musical. All for wedding anniversary. Wife is absolutely delighted. Lots and lots of brownie points. The booking system was top drawer as befits a Boutique Hotel. Several visits already for lunch and dinner at Skyline. To ALL the moaners and groaners, why not try it and stop slating the Hearts latest and potentially most profitable venture which will imo contribute excellent finances to the future wellbeing of our Club and more importantly the signing prospects of new players in the future.

Absolutely spot on. Edinburgh is a top UK venue for the type of exciting weekend that you have planned and most customers are happy to pay more for a luxury experience. Throw in the mega expensive wedding market to the mix and we'll be expanding into the Wheatfield before much longer. It's a sure fire winner in these difficult times and it's time we acknowledged the foresight of those involved. 

How can a hotel pass fire regulations with no windows? People need an alternate means of escape in case of fire. I know when planning trips to europe in the past I have come across hotels offering rooms ( usually in a basement) with no windows. That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen imo.  
Houses in most areas of Canada have basements. People build rooms in their basements all the time but you are not allowed to call it a bedroom unless it has a window of a certain size for reason stated above. Obviously in the UK there can be no such requirement. Strange. 

43 minutes ago, Canscot said:

How can a hotel pass fire regulations with no windows? People need an alternate means of escape in case of fire. I know when planning trips to europe in the past I have come across hotels offering rooms ( usually in a basement) with no windows. That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen imo.  
Houses in most areas of Canada have basements. People build rooms in their basements all the time but you are not allowed to call it a bedroom unless it has a window of a certain size for reason stated above. Obviously in the UK there can be no such requirement. Strange. 

How go high rise buildings pass fire regulations? They've got windows right enough but stuff jumping out a window a few hundred feet up

44 minutes ago, Canscot said:

This one at the bottom of Blair Street does alright with no windows. 👍🏻 

https://www.houseofgodshotel.com/

Carl Fredrickson
47 minutes ago, Canscot said:

I cant answer your question but I have twice stayed at a hotel in London near Leicester Sq and a number of their rooms didnt have windows. Didnt bother me as I was out all day until late evening. If I mind right it was a Premier Inn but a "pod" hotel or something similar. No big family rooms, all compact ones. 

I loved it due to the location. 

Bull's-eye
49 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Strange post.

11 minutes ago, XB52 said:

How go high rise buildings pass fire regulations? They've got windows right enough but stuff jumping out a window a few hundred feet up

🤣🤣🤣

57 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Been on a luxury cruise ship in an internal cabin with no windows - jeez I was lucky to survive! 🥴

9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Been on a luxury cruise ship in an internal cabin with no windows - jeez I was lucky to survive! 🥴

And the external cabin only has a porthole and a big fatty like me wouldn’t fit through it, unless it had a balcony 😃😃

1 hour ago, Canscot said:

Premier Inns ect have windows that do not open more than a crack 

indianajones

How the **** anyone can attempt to find negatives with this is just very Hibs. 

Write some letters to the council and msps maybe? Worked for you lot in the past. 

hughesie27

:berra:

26 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Did it go on fire?

Montgomery Brewster
9 minutes ago, indianajones said:

How the **** anyone can attempt to find negatives with this is just very Hibs. 

Write some letters to the council and msps maybe? Worked for you lot in the past. 

Is the correct answer.  Usual vermin interlopers getting their cheapies. 

FTH

Tommy Brown
7 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Did it go on fire?

It did, but they just sink the ship to out the flames.

Hearts_fan

One of the things I enjoy about going to Tynecastle these days is seeing the New Main Stand – pre- and post- match –, alive with business. As I make my way to McLeod St and Gorgie Rd via the south exit of the NMS, looking up at the place, seeing all the trade happening through the glass. It’s absolutely fantastic to see.

To think the hotel will only add to that, it’s incredible. Feeling so grateful to all who have brought us on to this level. Turnover north of £20m already. Incredible. 

Wee Mikey
33 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

And the external cabin only has a porthole and a big fatty like me wouldn’t fit through it, unless it had a balcony 😃😃

Were you the 'big fatty' who bear-hugged me on the concourse at Hampden when:-

"Australian Ryan Edwards opened the scoring for Hearts after he poked home from inside the box."?

Lol. 

Daveandal

This thread has been full of bonkers posts but this is on another level.

Are you suggesting Hearts have built an illegal Hotel? That the council have no idea its about to open. I hope we are being creative with our accounts to hide the fact we have a hotel.

The point about windows just doesn't hold water as has been pointed out by several posters... Tower Blocks, ships and..... HOTELS!

Thank you for the giggles though 😊 

Wee Mikey
2 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

Are you suggesting Hearts have built an illegal Hotel? That the council have no idea its about to open. I hope we are being creative with our accounts to hide the fact we have a hotel.

The point about windows just doesn't hold water as has been pointed out by several posters... Tower Blocks, ships and..... HOTELS!

Clearly, we're saving dosh on window cleaning. Lol.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Canscot said:

You for real?

Windows as a fire escape?

Aye, they're gonna do away with fire escapes and just have lots of windows going forward when doing new builds.

Fire on the 6th floor, no need for a fire escape , oot the window you go....

When the **** have windows  on multi level  buildings ever been classed as a fire escape?

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Did it go on fire?

If there is a fire you go out the door.

Doors don't burst into flames.

Bazzas right boot

Are folk for real?

Folk concerned that the hotel door is the only exit point and they cannae dive oot a window?

Big Deek better be on the case.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

19 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

Love the idea of us just keeping the hotel secret :lol: 

Excuse me sir ? Where are you going with those bags ?

Eh oh ……….. this ? This is just my laundry , I am going there after the match Officer 

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If there is a fire you go out the door.

Doors don't burst into flames.

They catch fire, though. 

Bazzas right boot
21 hours ago, One five said:

I’ve just booked a night with the offer, looking forward to it 🍺🍴👍

If there's a fire and your door explodes, just batter through the wall, these new builds are all plasterboard,  just smash through to the next room.

Ofc, if their door has also spontaneously combusted you'll need to rinse and repeat.

Paisley Jambo
39 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

One of the things I enjoy about going to Tynecastle these days is seeing the New Main Stand – pre- and post- match –, alive with business. As I make my way to McLeod St and Gorgie Rd via the south exit of the NMS, looking up at the place, seeing all the trade happening through the glass. It’s absolutely fantastic to see.

To think the hotel will only add to that, it’s incredible. Feeling so grateful to all who have brought us on to this level. Turnover north of £20m already. Incredible. 

Couldn’t agree more 👍

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

They catch fire, though. 

Doors catch fire.....

Try and burn a door, it will take you hours and you'll need to really want it to happen.

Doors just don't catch fire any more than a human catches fire.

Doors do not " catch" fire ffs.

A newspaper in a cigarette bin catches fire, a ****ig door, unless living in a hut with a camp fire does not " catch" fire.

****ing hell.

This must be a wind up.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Love the idea of us just keeping the hotel secret :lol: 

Excuse me sir ? Where are you going with those bags ?

Eh oh ……….. this ? This is just my laundry , I am going there after the match Officer 

Love the idea of a door catching fire.

How the ****?

adambraejambo
15 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

They catch fire, though. 

Put a bucket of sand in hotel reception and another by the door. Problem solved. 

7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Doors catch fire.....

Try and burn a door, it will take you hours and you'll need to really want it to happen.

Doors just don't catch fire any more than a human catches fire.

Doors do not " catch" fire ffs.

A newspaper in a cigarette bin catches fire, a ****ig door, unless living in a hut with a camp fire does not " catch" fire.

****ing hell.

This must be a wind up.

They will catch fire if there's a fire next to it. It's not too difficult to grasp.

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, Canscot said:

With the new regulations for accommodation (guesthouses etc) that came into effect 1 October 23, I had a concern with the issue of fire evacuation and was puzzled at how I was going to overcome this, my house is just a bog standard 4 bedroom house, all the guests are on the first floor, no emergency fire escapes, no emergency ladders from the windows etc……it was simple, the fire regulation expert said it’s not about the method of escape when a fire breaks out, it’s about how early the detection system alarms to give you warning.  If you have a good detection system then generally people can escape via the route they took to enter the building as the alarm will be detecting smoke long before any fire takes hold.  So, in my house no one is going to open there bedroom door and see a wall of flames blocking the stairwell….simple when you think about it……..obviously the bigger the property the more complex the detection system becomes which inevitably will require alternative escape routes.

• davemclaren changed the title to Tynecastle Park Hotel ( updated )