• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Malinga the Swinga

• Fozzyonthefence

• dobmisterdobster

We need to play our best tonight because when we come to play Ukraine, they will be playing out their skin. It was a good draw at the time, now it's probably the toughest draw we could have got. Need to show that we can mix it with that tier of national team tonight regardless of it being a friendly.

HeartsandonlyHearts

Hate the international week break but it couldn’t have come at a better time for Hearts. Hopefully get some wee knocks taken care of and give some guys a well earned week or two of rest. We have a huge 3 weeks coming up. We need everyone who’s fit raring to go. 
HHGH

13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We need to play our best tonight because when we come to play Ukraine, they will be playing out their skin. It was a good draw at the time, now it's probably the toughest draw we could have got. Need to show that we can mix it with that tier of national team tonight regardless of it being a friendly.

In a World Cup qualifier every team will be playing out their skin. 

Tonight is a chance to keep the feel good factor going. 

Absolute blockbuster on here right now.  NZ v New Caledonia.  Unfortunately it clashes with a Touch of Frost repeat so I'm missing it.

With Robertson out I can see our usual shape being changed for this game, there doesn’t seem to be anyone in the squad who can play left of a back three apart from Tierney who will be needed at fullback. Hanley, Halkett and Hendry are the only centre backs in the squad so there’s a massive chance that Halkett will get in the team. With the players available I’ll go with:

________________Gordon

Patterson__Hendry__Halkett__Tierney

________McTominay__Jack

___Armstrong__Gilmour__McGinn

_________________Adams

with Armstrong and McGinn playing narrow to let the fullbacks rampage

Edited by BigAlim

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

20220324_182013.jpg

I don’t think I could have been more wrong if I tried :lol:

Good to see Hickey is fit enough for the bench. Incredible that Greg Taylor not only makes the squad but actually gets a start ffs

Malinga the Swinga
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

20220324_182013.jpg

The selection of Greg Taylor is a joke, a bad joke admittedly, but a joke none the less. A player of such limited ability that he would be nowhere near the squad, never mind the team, if he wasn't a squad player at Celtic. Manager will learn absolutely nothing from watching Taylor.

The selection of Nathan Paterson is equally ridiculous. An over hyped youngster who has gone from bench for Rangers to not even doing that at Everton.

24 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The selection of Greg Taylor is a joke, a bad joke admittedly, but a joke none the less. A player of such limited ability that he would be nowhere near the squad, never mind the team, if he wasn't a squad player at Celtic. Manager will learn absolutely nothing from watching Taylor.

The selection of Nathan Paterson is equally ridiculous. An over hyped youngster who has gone from bench for Rangers to not even doing that at Everton.

Regards Paterson I watched him in the Everton cup game the other week and was subbed at half time so that gives you an idea of how good he’s been since he went down south….early days yet but rangers have robbed Everton by look of things 

10 minutes ago, theshed said:

Regards Paterson I watched him in the Everton cup game the other week and was subbed at half time so that gives you an idea of how good he’s been since he went down south….early days yet but rangers have robbed Everton by look of things 

iirc that 45 mins is all he has actually played for everton

With almost no friendlies in international football it’s just stupid from Clarke to not play the fringe/new call ups to see what they can do at this level

I have given up.  No interest in Scotland whatsoever.  I am glad that English likes the selection.

Glad Halkett is a sub and if he does come on I hope it’s with 5 mins to go 

He gets injured and we are screwed 

51 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I think your being harsh. Taylor is a decent player if Celtic don’t want him I’d definitely have him at Hearts. I also don’t think Paterson should be judged on one 45 mins for Everton he’s a young lad. I’d much rather these young lads got a chance. I’m pretty sure there’ll be a completely different 11 finishing the match than started. We’ll see just how much Hickey has improved when he gets his time which he will for the sake of capping him.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

I think your being harsh. Taylor is a decent player if Celtic don’t want him I’d definitely have him at Hearts. I also don’t think Paterson should be judged on one 45 mins for Everton he’s a young lad. I’d much rather these young lads got a chance. I’m pretty sure there’ll be a completely different 11 finishing the match than started. We’ll see just how much Hickey has improved when he gets his time which he will for the sake of capping him.

I think you have summed up Patterson there though.He has not played any competitive football.He might be a great prospect bit he should not be involved until he is playing imo

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Do we want Wales or Austria? Wales have a decent record at the Cardiff stadium.

One of these countries is our near neighbour, speaks the same language and has very close ties to Scotland.

I therefore hope and trust Austria stuff those arrogant Welsh ****s up their shitter.

Come on Austria, you can do it.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

One of these countries is our near neighbour, speaks the same language and has very close ties to Scotland.

I therefore hope and trust Austria stuff those arrogant Welsh ****s up their shitter.

Sooner Wales are out the sooner Ramsay returns to the stands at Ibrox!

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Greg Taylor would be nowhere near our first team. Limited player going forward and part of Celtic defence torn apart in Europe.

If we ever have to rely on him for a big qualifying game, we are screwed. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

It’s hard to not judge Paterson on 45 mins for Everton. That’s all he’s played. Newco and his agent have played a blinder with that transfer. I  get that he’s world class and all 😜 but WT actual F were Everton thinking.

Rick Sanchez
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

:laugh:

Not surprised he's picked his old pal Taylor. If he could get a game for Motherwell then O'Donnell would be on as well.

It's the FOS fecking waltz-time version.  The SFA are c****

Samuel Camazzola
6 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

It's the FOS fecking waltz-time version.  The SFA are c****

Its a rank tune that needs to be binned. 

8 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Greg Taylor would be nowhere near our first team. Limited player going forward and part of Celtic defence torn apart in Europe.

If we ever have to rely on him for a big qualifying game, we are screwed. 

I disagree he’d be nowhere near our first team I think he’d very much be a regular. Would you say Cochrane or Halliday would be reliable in a euro qualifier for example ?

No Idle Talk

Stephen Kingsley is a better left back than Greg Taylor. Taylor is only being picked ahead of Kingsley because he wears green & white hoops. Some things never change. 

Craig Gordon being Craig Gordon. Still can’t believe he wasn’t chosen ahead of Marshall in the euros. Will go down as one of the worst decisions from a Scotland manager. 

8 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Craig Gordon being Craig Gordon. Still can’t believe he wasn’t chosen ahead of Marshall in the euros. Will go down as one of the worst decisions from a Scotland manager. 

You’ve got to think we might have got out the group with GC in goal, we definitely don’t lose that goal in first game with GC for a start.

Fitzroy Pointon
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He's been watching Stephen Kingsley I see. 

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

He's been watching Stephen Kingsley I see. 

Foreign commentators are class 😂

Class goal as well

Malinga the Swinga

Watching Scotland but very much feel of a friendly given the atmosphere of recent Hampden games.

Shame Wales are ahead but hopefully Austria can come back. If not, would be fitting to put them back on their sheep pens and shut Harrison & Saunders up. Pair of pricks deserve nothing but disappointment.

38 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I disagree he’d be nowhere near our first team I think he’d very much be a regular. Would you say Cochrane or Halliday would be reliable in a euro qualifier for example ?

Every time I’ve seen him he’s been the weak link. What makes him decent? Absolutely nowhere near the standard required and never will be. Imo. 

This Scotland team under Clarke seem to be getting better with every game.

Leading up to the Euros we looked like a strong and committed defensive unit but had to try and nick a goal or play for penalties. Recently it actually looks like we have some quality and attacking intent, we're completely controlling the tempo and just need to be more clinical.

Malinga the Swinga
46 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Good for you. He's shit and a back up at Celtic. That may make him a good player in your eyes, but not in mine.