Press Conf Link (sorry if posted before) here u go

Eddington

mms://video.premiumtv.co.uk/hearts/CLPRESSFREE_hi.wmv

I like him..... He is the new "Special One".... not too sure about "Mitte" someone best tell him its "With"

scott herbertson
mms://video.premiumtv.co.uk/hearts/CLPRESSFREE_hi.wmv

I like him..... He is the new "Special One".... not too sure about "Mitte" someone best tell him its "With"

her needs to learn to pronounce success properly too

Hopefully he's going to be using that wone quite a bit

Drylaw Hearts
her needs to learn to pronounce success properly too

Hopefully he's going to be using that wone quite a bit

Saxcess.

:)

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Very intelligent , speaks with common sense

What is it with the media's fanatical obsession with Romanov ?

Csaba spotted this within a few minutes in his first press conference

I almost feel embaressed for the Weegie Mafia

WayneMarooney

THINK WE'VE GOT A LIVE ONE HERE! He sounds like he means business and def isn't the kind of guy who'll put up with any bs. Agreed on use of German prepositions - er muss das zu halten. And it would be good if he slung an 'S' onto the end of Heart in order to get the name of the club right, but...

WE'VE STILL GOT A NEW MANAGER!!! :dribble:

btw...no-one made a big fuss about Scottish coaches and managers etc when Mixu P got the job at the San Giro, did they!

Rudolf's Mate

That's me just seen the interview. A few bits near the begining I thought oh however once it got about half way through he didn't look back. Handled himself really well and boy am I really feeling different about things now.

HERE WE GO BOYS!!! :):):):):):):)

I like the fact he is really keen on promoting the youth players and his track record with bringing players through at clubs he's been at. I have the feel good factor back again. This guy could be the perfect selection to get the team together and get the club going again.

He looks like he's got a right nasty streak about him too so could be interesting to see what players he punts and how he deals with the vermin press.

very impressed with how he handles the media (despite the occasional misuderstanding of the question)

i particularly like how he distances himself from the questions about romanov, targets etc which would be the first thing the weedjie media would pick up and twist in order to spin out a story

Denny Crane

For those who were questioning his pronunciation of certain words. Laszlo was the only one in that room who could correctly pronounce "Romanov".

Interesting to see he cited Uli Honess' role in terms of "team influence" at Bayern. I've been banging on about this to the Old Firm fans I work with since Romanov arrived and it was somewhat refreshing (to my vain ego;)) that someone else brought about this example.

I did like what he had to say about discipline. Hopefully he can get the whole squad marching to the same tune over the months ahead.

Just watched the conference, well listened to it. FWIW, with my dodgy laptop and not having had the privilege of watching the new man's body language, my opinions are:

He speaks very well. His English is excellent for a foreign national and I understand he is fluent in a few other languages, which augers well given the disparity of our squad.

My overwhelming feeling is he is very well-versed with German football in particular but seems generally pretty knowledgable about British football on the face of it.

I think his receptiveness to the European way of management coupled with with an acceptanceness of Scottish football is wholly positive. It indicates to me he is willing to understand what is required to succeed in Scottish football as well as work under the system our owner would like and will insist be put in place.

I have always said that what Romanov would like - a say in team matters, perhaps an authorative style - is not dissimilar to many clubs on the continent. Yes, at first it seemed alien to us, but I think we begun to accept it. What is unacceptable is how far he has pushed it and I can only hope for our sake and the new managers that a degree of flexibility is given.

Appointing a British manager would have been an unmitigated disaster. Not because the manager would not have done well necessarily, I think Burley proved the case can be quite the opposite. But because, under our regime, the traditional UK style of the running of a club, with a manager responsible for practically the whole club, will not happen.

I'm willing to hedge my bets on what is the best way to do things. I still believe, given the resources Romanov can make available, we can be a "suxcess". That was pretty evident a couple of years ago.

I only hope, nay pray, that the latest incumbent is given the time by fans and owner alike to make a fist of things. We have some good players, indeed we have a couple of excellent SPL performers. With a few canny additions and a solid management structure, we can comforably finish top 4 next season.

The cynicist in me sees this going breasts-upwards very quickly and while I would stop short of saying I am enthused by this appointment, I am encouraged.

Trust me, I would like nothing more than having a burning desire of returning to Edinburgh ASAP to herald in another glorious season.

We have had some turgid times under Romanov, and some great. The PR recently has been superb (Mann going may not be a coincidence there) but it's not going to wrap me in.

I await, somewhat optimistically but with a quite collasal dollop of realism, to what is about to unfold.

I offer the Lover Man my full support for the time being and politely request that everyone else "Mr Romanov" and the players do the same.

Who knows, we might have a good season. If it's all going well by New Year I might be tempted to skulk back home and join the gloryhunting bandwagon. After all, the times I enjoyed under the hamster were just glorious.

The drink may be an influence but for the first time in months I have felt like contributing to a discussion on present day Hearts without a feeling of despair. And for that I am grateful.

Lets hope this season of goodwill and hopefully good times and good results continues.

I would add, from a journalistic point of view, that the questions given were not too bad. I would say Mr Donaldson in particular was quite pertinent and addressed a few queries that I myself, as a good supporter and half-assed journalist, would liked to have myself.

Randle P McMurphy

he will appeal to our international contingent as apparently he never sleeps. midnight u19s at riccarton the way forward?

i'm not long home and thats me just watched the interview and i have to say i feel quite good about this now!

shabba seems to have a really good grasp of english, which is encouraging. he DEFINITELY knows his stuff and is patently not afraid of the press which for us, is terrific news.

i liked shaggy as an ex player, and all round good guy,so this is not a criticism as such, but our esteemed new manager seems to have sussed out the press, pretty quickly. now, i know he'll have been breifed already about them, but given english isn't his mother tongue, he was very frank, very honest, and quite direct

this is the first i've heard him speak and while there wasa couple of points i was hmmm, i feel VERY good about this appointment....

lets give him time to bed down with us, and i think we might just have a good manager on our team

viva mistra luvva luvva

(addendum... please shave cos that 5 o'clock tache ain't too flattering!)

Broxburn_Jambo

I thought he handled himself very well against an aggressive Scottish press. Can we please just judge him on results?

I thought he handled himself very well against an aggressive Scottish press. Can we please just judge him on results?

couldn't agree more

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Pointed dull questions from the journo's

Seems like a smart guy who got the better of the press there

Looking forward to this season now

I don't think that any of the questions were out of order, but yes he managed well in the interview.

Hopefully he will have enough power to sort out the football team - and will get good results.

That'll do for me.

Couple of things I picked up on.

Discipline and a will to win.

Also his view on youth especially given that Donald Ford was going on about youth in a 107 interview.

As has been said, I'll judge him on results so bring it on.

Talks a lot about tinks tho' has he been to the weeg before.....????? or maybe down to see the docksiders..;)

LarrysRightFoot

I like the cut of this guys jib!

I have to say I was very impressed with the press conference. Once he got into his swing he almost had the swagger of a Mourinho!

I think we may be seeing the likes of McGowan, Glen and Rapnik given more of a chance next season.

Lets all get behind the new special one!

Archived