QF Match Ratings

Geoff Kilpatrick

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, RobboM said:

The second goal comes from Haring playing a loose ball into the box for the St M keeper to field. The clearance from their keeper and the two subsequent corners are straight from the training ground to capitalise on that loose ball. 😂

Their second goal was always coming after a poor kick off for the second half. Said it to my mate at the time. 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McCrae

• davemclaren

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Sooks

Btw coming home from the match I'd probably have marked Atkinson 6/10 too. We are in the main stand lower so could see at close hand a couple of his defensive errors in the first half and it felt like St M were targeting him in particular. Having watched the full game again I'd bump him up to a 7. His attacking play helped win us the match. Just needs to tighten up his defensive game and he's a good un 👍

colinmaroon
20 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Btw coming home from the match I'd probably have marked Atkinson 6/10 too. We are in the main stand lower so could see at close hand a couple of his defensive errors in the first half and it felt like St M were targeting him in particular. Having watched the full game again I'd bump him up to a 7. His attacking play helped win us the match. Just needs to tighten up his defensive game and he's a good un 👍

That will come with experience.  If Smith had been fit, he wouldn't have been a regular starter.

Elvis, Zal, look how they developed from bomb scares to class.

2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

This is a new and exciting level of responsibility you’re assigning. You’re saying that because Atkinson misplayed a pass that went out for a throw, which then ended up back at Alnwick’s feet inside his own box with all Hearts players back awaiting effectively a goal kick, which was then booted up the park on the opposite side of the pitch from him, leading to a 50-50 header that Halliday either lost or got barged off of, which led to a cross that Kingsley narrowly missed and hit a player who had just slipped inside Halkett for a volley that beat Gordon………

……..Atkinson is at fault for the goal?

Did you mean to quote me in this or did you maybe mix me up with someone else? What I actually wrote was

"Atkinson gave them the ball by booting it across the pitch to where no Hearts players were and out for a throw. They scored from the next phase of play".

Which part of that is inaccurate? To say he wasn't involved is about as stupid as saying the goal was his fault.

Jambo 4 Ever
On 12/03/2022 at 23:35, Alex Kintner said:

Must have been at a different game.

Doubt he was even at the game tbh

Watt-Zeefuik
19 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Did you mean to quote me in this or did you maybe mix me up with someone else? What I actually wrote was

"Atkinson gave them the ball by booting it across the pitch to where no Hearts players were and out for a throw. They scored from the next phase of play".

Which part of that is inaccurate? To say he wasn't involved is about as stupid as saying the goal was his fault.

Atkinson wasn't involved at all in the goal. To say otherwise is utterly ****ing stupid.

Look, I went and broke it down for you.

2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

I'll just cut and paste my own post again:

This is a new and exciting level of responsibility you’re assigning. You’re saying that because Atkinson misplayed a pass that went out for a throw, which then ended up back at Alnwick’s feet inside his own box with all Hearts players back awaiting effectively a goal kick, which was then booted up the park on the opposite side of the pitch from him, leading to a 50-50 header that Halliday either lost or got barged off of, which led to a cross that Kingsley narrowly missed and hit a player who had just slipped inside Halkett for a volley that beat Gordon………

……..Atkinson is at fault for the goal?

That's "very clear?!?!"

if you do a crazy pass and you lose possession of the ball, you are responsible for the consequences. A much easier less risky option was available to him.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

if you do a crazy pass and you lose possession of the ball, you are responsible for the consequences. A much easier less risky option was available to him.

Shock horror, a player gives up possession.

FFS stop digging.

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

Shock horror, a player gives up possession.

FFS stop digging.

Stop defending the indefensible. The guy screwed up again…. Don’t see him being at the club longer term. Just not good enough.

Watt-Zeefuik
24 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Stop defending the indefensible. The guy screwed up again…. Don’t see him being at the club longer term. Just not good enough.

JFC, welcome to the ignore list. Of all the stupid ass hills to die on…

Sub4TiddlerMurray
8 hours ago, McCrae said:

He has made the same basic mistake 3 times, A lose cross field ball that is cut out by the other team. The first resulted in the Celtic opening goal, the 2nd was the initial mistake in the run up to the 1st St Mirren Goal…. He made the same mistake again in the second half and we were lucky St Mirren didn’t score again.  He is not learning from and is repeating the same mistake, to me that is a history.  

He also made another mistake which contributed to ST Mirren getting the second goal.

His first job is to defend…. and he is not doing great.

Knock yourself out finding flaws 👏

PhoenixHearts

I heard the first St Mirren goal was Atkinsons fault because one time earlier in February he put the ball out for a throw when he could have passed it.

7 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I heard the first St Mirren goal was Atkinsons fault because one time earlier in February he put the ball out for a throw when he could have passed it.

i think the posters blaming him are just trolling now and just like Led I have put the definite one on ignore

15 hours ago, McCrae said:

Indefensible :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: heard it all now! Guessing you've never made a mistake in your life eh?

21 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Shouldn’t have let it bounce. I noticed that one myself but how far do you go back to apportion blame. Could we blame a striker for not closing down the player who made the pass that Atkinson let bounce? Go further back than that? 

i should have added that after atkinson let it bounce every other time there was a similar ball he either got his head to it or at least tried to. Showing he picked up on his mistake, hopefully he will do that from now on

51 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i should have added that after atkinson let it bounce every other time there was a similar ball he either got his head to it or at least tried to. Showing he picked up on his mistake, hopefully he will do that from now on

I hope so too. I think he will improve but the errors he is making are sometimes pretty basic. Wonder if it's nerves or a confidence thing. I can't believe he's learned so little while in Australia.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
22 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Atkinson getting forward and actually having the quality of pass, cross and general movement s a big part of why we are creating more chances just now. The hankering for Smith, his poor forward play and continual back passing is a bit strange to be honest. Brophy scored the goal and was being poorly marked by Halkett, if there’s any blame going around it’s on him. 

It’s was also a belter/fluke