QF Match Ratings

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Gordon - 6 - Helpless against two worldies

Atkinson - 6 - Defensively suspect but recovered to set up McEneff and put us back ahead

Kingsley - 7 - Not a natural CB in a four but was a good foil to Halkett beside him

Halkett - 8 - Led by example and playing with confidence which you can see in his passing

Haring - 7 - A mixed bag of a game. Scored a lovely goal but should have had more. Passing was inconsistent

Baningime - 7 - Scores with a tackle! Did Beni things well throughout the game

McKay - 6 - Quieter game than usual due to the cheats crowding on him any time he had the ball

Simms - 6 - Worked hard but looked poor in front of goal until he sealed it with that finish

Woodburn - 7 - Pass for the second goal was exquisite and worked much harder than normal. Still tries to go for glory too often, making an arse of it

Boyce - 8 - MoM. Worked his arse off and is really suiting the 10 role as opposed to the out-and-out striker. All over the pitch starting things and breaking things up

Halliday - 6 - Not his best game but worked hard as ever and never hid

Subs:

McEneff - 7 - What a cameo performance. Scores one after starting the move then makes one. Can't ask for more from a sub

Sibbick - 1 - No time

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McCrae

• davemclaren

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Sooks

17 minutes ago, Maroonarmy said:

Couple harsh ratings in there. Atkinson, Halliday & McKay at least a 7. Woodburn probably a 6

Agree with this thought aitkinson was very good 

Boyce an 8 but motm. 

Ok lol

Thought Atkinson was poor

Thought Woodburn was poor

They played a lot down the right. 

Boyce for me was ****ing everywhere tonight. 

been here before
20 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Subs:

McEneff - 7 - What a cameo performance. Scores one after starting the move then makes one. Can't ask for more from a sub

Cant ask for more so only gets 7/10 :rofl:

Those ratings are comedy gold. Might be an idea to try again once you've watched the game.

Some weird ratings there. Thought it was Atkinsons best game for us and I thought Woodburn was pretty poor again. Rest were all 7s + for me.

Captain Canada

Gordon - 6 because he didn't have much to do really

Atkinson - 7 played well in the 2nd half 

Halkett - 9 fantastic throughout 

Kingsley- 8 very composed as usual

Halliday - 7 a solid performance and great attitude 

Beni - 7 starting to get back to his best

Haring - 8 got forward really well

McKay - 7 another good effort

Boyce - 8 did really well in defence and attack 

Woodburn - 6 did OK and a great assist

Simms - 7 worked hard and took his goal well

McEneff - 8 for the time he was on he did brilliantly 

Kirky Jambo

Halkett was immense, he seems to have turned into the dominant CH we have been crying out for.

Kingsley his usual reliable self.

Atkinson was a bit dodgy defensively and made two errors in the build up to the goals, but was an excellent outlet in the second half and well done for getting forward to set up the third.

Generally a very good performance. 

Gordon - 6 - Some good saves, not much chance with their goals

Atkinson - 6 - Defensive positioning is amateurish, made some good runs with the ball though.

Kingsley - 7 - Solid, some good passing

Halkett - 8 - Great display, won every header, cool in possession

Haring - 9 -  MoM for me, goal, unlucky with a couple of other efforts but so composed in midfield, pinged the ball about, showed a good turn of pace despite some reckoning he is slow, gave us control  for large stretches of game.

Baningime - 8 - Really good, worked his socks off, rarely gave away possession

McKay - 7 - Started off well, did fade a bit

Simms - 7 - Always showed, dragged defenders about, nice finish for goal

Woodburn - 7 - Improved on recent performances, still gives possession away too much

Boyce - 8 - Passing, tackling, taking men on, he was everywhere, great game

Halliday - 6 -Pretty good display

McEneff - 7 - Made a good impression, never did anything wrong, got a goal, got an assist, well played

Sibbick - 1 - No time

Geoff Kilpatrick
18 minutes ago, been here before said:

Cant ask for more so only gets 7/10 :rofl:

Those ratings are comedy gold. Might be an idea to try again once you've watched the game.

Nice try. 4/10. Improvement on your normal standard.

been here before
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Nice try. 4/10. Improvement on your normal standard.

As good as...

Haring - A mixed bag of a game. Scored a lovely goal but should have had more. Passing was inconsistent so you only gave 7

Woodburn - Pass for the second goal was exquisite and worked much harder than normal. Still tries to go for glory too often, making an arse of it so only a 7

... so only gets a 7.

Stevie Wonder would pish himself at the gibberish you've typed there.

and the first St Mirren goal really wasnt a "worldie".

:lol:

Don't see much wrong with the ratings or the summary. I'd personally put Atkinson and Haring up a mark. Haring MOM for me.

Folk playing the poster and not the game.

Geoff Kilpatrick
25 minutes ago, been here before said:

As good as...

Haring - A mixed bag of a game. Scored a lovely goal but should have had more. Passing was inconsistent so you only gave 7

Woodburn - Pass for the second goal was exquisite and worked much harder than normal. Still tries to go for glory too often, making an arse of it so only a 7

... so only gets a 7.

Stevie Wonder would pish himself at the gibberish you've typed there.

and the first St Mirren goal really wasnt a "worldie".

:lol:

Cool. Let's have your ratings then?

28 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Atkinson follows up each passage of good play by doing something rotten. Not sure if it's concentration or confidence, but if he could become consistent throughout a match, he'd destroy teams down the flank.

He had some dreadful moments during the game but the good for me was that he didn’t give up and go into his shell. 
I’m not sure cross field balls will ever be a thing for him though. 

Burford Jamtart

Gordon      6

Atkinson    4 and 8 so 6

Halkett      8.5

Kingsley    8

Halliday     7

Beni           7.5

Haring       8

Woodburn 7

Boyce        9

McKay       8

Simms       7

McAneff    8.5

Woodburn is a total liability, loses possession far too often in dangerous areas and left Atkinson exposed far too often on Jones. McAneff coming on helped him and they could complement each other pretty well in future I think.

Gordon 6 No chance with goals.

Atkinson 5 The bad outlays any good. Needs to step up.

Halkett 7 Played well

Kingsley 8 MOTM

Halliday 6 Tried.

Haring 7 Should have had a hatrick

Beni 7 Prolific in front of goal

Mckay 6 Quiet

Woodburn 7 Moves defenders, 2nd was all about his pass. Takes up opposition players creating space for others

Boyce 6 OK

Simms 6 Goal, quiet on the ball but like Woodburn he attracts the opposition leaving space for others.

McEneff 7 Goal and assist.

Sibbick 1 Flawless.

colinmaroon

Gordon - 6 - Flatfooted at goals.  Not saying he would have got either but certainly can't standing on his heels.

Atkinson - 7 - Defensively iffy, as we were told when he signed, but excellent going forward

Kingsley - 8 - Not a natural CB but looked it

Halkett - 9- Outstanding - my MotM

Haring - 7 - Great goal but he rarely gets header/shot on target.  Came onto great game in midfield after shaky first 10 minutes.

Baningime - 8 - Good goal, on his toes and moving so first to the ball.  Creates space for himself and kept the flow going forward.

McKay - 6 - Quiet game but a few pearlers in first half

Simms - 7 - Worked hard and at last a front post run.

Woodburn - 6 - Pass for the second goal was top notch but is powder puff when competing for the ball; well actually, doesn't compete.

Boyce - 8 - Great game.  Much better in that deeper role.

Halliday - 6 - Grafted but too many crosses coming in from the right.

Subs:

McEneff - 7 - Must start ahead of Woodburn.  Not the first time he's come off the bench and scored.  Great pass for Simms goal.

Sibbick - 1 - No time

Edited by colinmaroon

Pasquale for King
Just now, GinRummy said:

Halkett and Kingsley were fantastic so 9’s, Boyce 8, everyone else 7s. 

I would go with that also 👍🏽

1 hour ago, Restonbabe said:

Boyce an 8 but motm. 

Ok lol

Thought Atkinson was poor

Thought Woodburn was poor

They played a lot down the right. 

Boyce for me was ****ing everywhere tonight. 

You thought Atkinson was poor ? Jeezo, takes all sorts of suppose. 

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Gordon - 6 - Helpless against two worldies

Atkinson - 6 - Defensively suspect but recovered to set up McEneff and put us back ahead

Kingsley - 7 - Not a natural CB in a four but was a good foil to Halkett beside him

Halkett - 8 - Led by example and playing with confidence which you can see in his passing

Haring - 7 - A mixed bag of a game. Scored a lovely goal but should have had more. Passing was inconsistent

Baningime - 7 - Scores with a tackle! Did Beni things well throughout the game

McKay - 6 - Quieter game than usual due to the cheats crowding on him any time he had the ball

Simms - 6 - Worked hard but looked poor in front of goal until he sealed it with that finish

Woodburn - 7 - Pass for the second goal was exquisite and worked much harder than normal. Still tries to go for glory too often, making an arse of it

Boyce - 8 - MoM. Worked his arse off and is really suiting the 10 role as opposed to the out-and-out striker. All over the pitch starting things and breaking things up

Halliday - 6 - Not his best game but worked hard as ever and never hid

Subs:

Sibbick - 1 - No time

Must have been at a different game.

Gordon - 7

Atkinson - 6 (2 /5 in the first half and 4/5 in the 2nd)

Kingsley - 8

Halkett - 9 MOTM

Halliday - 7

Beni - 7

Mackay - 7

Haring - 7

Woodburn - 6

Boyce - 8

Simms - 7

McEneff - 8

Atkinson gets a 7 from me.  I like the boy.  Once he settles into the defensive side of things - he's never going to be a Kingsley/Halkett rock, but he can at least stop giving the ball away in his own half - we could have some player.  Every time he's played he's been a great out ball to have.

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Atkinson follows up each passage of good play by doing something rotten. Not sure if it's concentration or confidence, but if he could become consistent throughout a match, he'd destroy teams down the flank.

He is becoming a bit of a liability and is not learning from his previous mistakes.  His poor cross field pass in the Celtic game lead to their first goal… and a similar mistake tonight contributed to the 1st St. goal.

The 2nd St’s goal originated from another mistake he made.

I’m not a fan, these are very basic mistakes he is making.

Edited by McCrae

29 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Atkinson gets a 7 from me.  I like the boy.  Once he settles into the defensive side of things - he's never going to be a Kingsley/Halkett rock, but he can at least stop giving the ball away in his own half - we could have some player.  Every time he's played he's been a great out ball to have.

You saying if only a defender could defend he would be ok…. He is a liability and needs to cut out the mistakes quickly or he won’t be with us for long. He is the weak link in our defence.

BackOfTheNet

Boyce played well and had a pivotal role in the 2nd goal, but I’m not sure he was any more than a 7. Curious as to the scores of 8 and above and MoM awards on here. A good game, don’t get me wrong, but along the same lines as most of his teammates. Haring MoM for me, Baningime under the radar but those two controlled from midfield. Simms quiet for the most part, but he’s making the right runs and positions himself well as shown by the first goal (which he should have scored) and the last goal (which he did score), he also had a part to play in the second. Atkinson was involved in the second half goals, definitely a threat going forward but needs better defensive displays. Kingsley solid, Halkett excellent.

Not one bad performance on the night, but has to be said that there’s no real overall standout head and shoulders above the rest player as we played a great team performance despite some good play from St. Mirren.

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

You saying if only a defender could defend he would be ok…. He is a liability and needs to cut out the mistakes quickly or he won’t be with us for long. He is the weak link in our defence.

He is new and may not have played if we'd not had injuries.  I think he did alright tonight.  He's had some shaky moments but I'd say the good outweighs the bad

JamboJase59

Atkinson, I must have been at different game, and also different games in previous weeks… he is completely and utterly out of his depth. I will take what ever flak you throw at me, but for me, first above all, a defender defends, secondary attacks..his positional sense is amateurish at best. He makes Lewis Stevenson look like roberto Carlos.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
3 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Gordon - 6 - Flatfooted at goals.  Not saying he would have got either but certainly can't standing on his heels.

Atkinson - 7 - Defensively iffy, as we were told when he signed, but excellent going forward

Haring - 7 - Great goal but he rarely gets header/shot on target.  Came onto great game in midfield after shaky first 10 minutes.

Baningime - 8 - Good goal, on his toes and moving so first to the ball.  Creates space for himself and kept the flow going forward.

Woodburn - 6 - Pass for the second goal was top notch but is powder puff when competing for the ball; well actually, doesn't compete.

Subs:

McEneff - 7 - Must start ahead of Woodburn.  Not the first time he's come off the bench and scored.  Great pass for Simms goal.

Sibbick - 1 - No time

This, for me also.

Decent summary.

PhoenixHearts
6 hours ago, Kirky Jambo said:

Halkett was immense, he seems to have turned into the dominant CH we have been crying out for.

Kingsley his usual reliable self.

Atkinson was a bit dodgy defensively and made two errors in the build up to the goals, but was an excellent outlet in the second half and well done for getting forward to set up the third.

Generally a very good performance. 

???

Atkinson wasn't even remotely involved with the first at all. Halliday overplayed his man then Kingsley was on Brophy. The whole play came down our left side.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

???

Atkinson wasn't even remotely involved with the first at all. Halliday overplayed his man then Kingsley was on Brophy. The whole play came down our left side.

I forgot about that, Halliday totally overcommitted, and when he lost the header they were suddenly in space down our left. He didn't need to commit, he should have stayed in formation.

(That comes across much more negatively than intended, it was good last night)

Edited by Smithee

Geoff Kilpatrick
26 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I forgot about that, Halliday totally overcommitted, and when he lost the header they were suddenly in space down our left. He didn't need to commit, he should have stayed in formation.

He was also barged in the back. It should never have counted.

2 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

???

Atkinson gave them the ball by booting it across the pitch to where no Hearts players were and out for a throw. They scored from the next phase of play.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

You watched the incident with Halliday again? Kind of looked like he was body checked off the ball. I didn't clock it at the time but it looks a lot like a free kick to Hearts after watching it back.

Gordon - 6 - Couldn’t do anything with the goals & the rest was routine

Atkinson - 7.5 - Poor period around half time aside I thought he was great, very attack minded & got an assist, involved throughout in lots of our good moves.

Halkett - 9 - What can you even say at this point? Immense, outfield POTY so far but **** me when he missed that chance I was very worried we were going to bottle it :lol:.

Kingsley - 7 - Again just an excellent defender, seen him play better & if we’re honest that could have been a pen for handball but who cares he was great again

Halliday - 6.5 - I’m not sure if that was a foul in the build up to the first tbh, didn’t look like much in it. They got a bit of joy down his side (Tait was really good tbf) but definitely not a bad game from him

Haring - 9 (MOTM) - I love this man. Him & Beni worked their arses off against a very physical midfield & that allowed us to play our game. Heavily involved in most of our good play & his goal was a great run after a great move.

Beni - 8 - See above. Back to his old self & buzzing he got his goal. Cant speak highly enough of our midfielders last night.

Woodburn - 7 - Some harsh criticism of him after last night, I actually thought he did really well & played his best game in months. Not everything he tried came off but he linked up well, showed good skill, dragged defenders around & got a great assist. Much more like it.

Boyce - 9 - The player that’s benefitted most from our tactical switch. Been absolutely immense the past few games & last night was no different. Thought his hold up & link up was sensational & he never ever stops working. 

McKay - 7 - A lovely football player, unlucky not to get another assist for the 1st. Up against a good full back in Richard Tait but still made himself a nuisance 

Simms - 7 - Good goal (could have had 2/3) & worked hard. Not as involved as our other attackers but his job is to score & he did that. Not had a bad game since joining.

Subs;

McEneff - 9 - Proved his worth & won us the game. Goal within seconds & then sets up big Ell with a great low cross to rubber stamp it. Deserves more opportunities.

Sibbick - no time

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Agree with this thought aitkinson was very good 

Atkinson covered a lot of ground deserved at least 7.

expearience will help this lad, still getting used to our game .

Great run and pass for the 3rd goal.

6 hours ago, JamboJase59 said:

Atkinson, I must have been at different game, and also different games in previous weeks… he is completely and utterly out of his depth. I will take what ever flak you throw at me, but for me, first above all, a defender defends, secondary attacks..his positional sense is amateurish at best. He makes Lewis Stevenson look like roberto Carlos.

Im with you. Can’t believe there’s folk saying he was one of the better ones and incredibly some MOTM shouts. 

Passing is awful, like really awful

Decision making really poor 

Defending is pathetic at times 

He’s positive when in the opponents half I’ll give him that and he did brilliantly for the 3rd goal but he’s never a right back in his life. He couldn’t lace Michael Smith’s left boot.

LarrysRightFoot
2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Im with you. Can’t believe there’s folk saying he was one of the better ones and incredibly some MOTM shouts. 

Passing is awful, like really awful

Decision making really poor 

Defending is pathetic at times 

He’s positive when in the opponents half I’ll give him that and he did brilliantly for the 3rd goal but he’s never a right back in his life. He couldn’t lace Michael Smith’s left boot.

Don’t judge him too early. New signing mid season, no experience of Scottish football, still young. 

upgotheheads
11 hours ago, Maroonarmy said:

Couple harsh ratings in there. Atkinson, Halliday & McKay at least a 7. Woodburn probably a 6

10 hours ago, Gorgieshed said:

Some weird ratings there. Thought it was Atkinsons best game for us and I thought Woodburn was pretty poor again. Rest were all 7s + for me.

My thoughts too. I think we're seeing a new kind of Boyce developing; he's much more than a striker, his composure  and the way he controls the game from the middle of the attack is outstanding. We should be offering him a longer contract now, he could play that role for a few years to come. 

LarrysRightFoot
5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

My thoughts too. I think we're seeing a new kind of Boyce developing; he's much more than a striker, his composure  and the way he controls the game from the middle of the attack is outstanding. We should be offering him a longer contract now, he could play that role for a few years to come. 

It’s been clear as day from the moment he joined he was a number 10. He needs to ensure he still gets on the score sheet regularly though. 

2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

You watched the incident with Halliday again? Kind of looked like he was body checked off the ball. I didn't clock it at the time but it looks a lot like a free kick to Hearts after watching it back.

Yep

The SM player jumped into Halliday to take him out and allow the ball to carry through to the fullback who crossed for the goal 

Definitely a free kick.

ford donald
10 hours ago, Renoir said:

Woodburn is a total liability, loses possession far too often in dangerous areas and left Atkinson exposed far too often on Jones. McAneff coming on helped him and they could complement each other pretty well in future I think.

Woodburn is the weak link in this side,Mcaneff has more potential, never gets a chance for some reason,I rate him.

ford donald
10 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Subs:

Sibbick - 1 - No time

Mckay was a street ahead of Woodburn.

Unknown user
6 hours ago, cosanostra said:

They both went for the header, which was my problem. How often does he win headers? Losing that challenge fairly or unfairly put us in positional trouble, it was a poor decision to commit.

There was contact right enough, but it was one of those borderline ones for me