Scottish oil

Roxy Hearts

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That is a different argument.  I was just arguing against your presumption that Shetland would be isolated without Scotland as its geographic location already leaves it isolated.

Well it is isolated and then cut off from their main economic partner they’re not going to even more so? Norway military going to protect them too? How come none of the things that we’re told when we’re joined on to England applies here? 
Not after an argument man but this stuff makes me laugh. Scotland can’t leave and the uk kicks and bites to hold on to us even through we’re skint and Shetland will just feck off and join Norway? The UK wont let Scotland leave with the oil but they’ll let Shetland bugger off and take it to Norway?? You can’t be serious man. 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dawnrazor

• Roxy Hearts

• jack D and coke

• Jambo_jim2001

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, Scallywag said:

There isn't any great debate or demand for Shetland Independance. More autonomy yes, but not independence. There is frustration at the SNPs tendancy for one sized fits all policies that don't work in a remote island setting. 

Absolutely certainly they need much more autonomy you could never argue against that. 
Listen if they want to break away it’s something for them to do but the arguments that absolutely none of the things that apply to Scotland apply to them is frankly hilarious. 

Ainsley Harriott
2 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

You said Shetland is closer to independence than Scotland. I asked "is it"? Well, is it? What proof?

I don't want a referendum at the moment.

Keep your hair on sweetheart.

https://news.sky.com/story/shetland-islands-vote-to-explore-independence-from-scotland-12068826

You see Scottish independence has already been rejected by the electorate where as the Shetland Islander's will soon get their say-so.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Keep your hair on sweetheart.

https://news.sky.com/story/shetland-islands-vote-to-explore-independence-from-scotland-12068826

You see Scottish independence has already been rejected by the electorate where as the Shetland Islander's will soon get their say-so.

Aye so they will. Stick to knocking up the odd soufflé pal😂

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Aye so they will. Stick to knocking up the odd soufflé pal😂

You suggesting they shouldn't be entitled to self determination?

Absolutely certainly they need much more autonomy you could never argue against that. 
Listen if they want to break away it’s something for them to do but the arguments that absolutely none of the things that apply to Scotland apply to them is frankly hilarious. 

No one is suggesting that, just a simple fact that a remote island has very different challenges than the central belt so sometimes a bit more flexibility is required at times. SNP have made big gains in Shetland over recent years.

jack D and coke
25 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

You suggesting they shouldn't be entitled to self determination?

No I didn’t. You seem to think it’s a tap in though which is frankly, mental. 

Ainsley Harriott
3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

No I didn’t. You seem to think it’s a tap in though which is frankly, mental. 

Na definitely not. It's a 40 yard free kick where as Scottish independence is like a keeper trying to score from his own box. 

manaliveits105
37 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Na definitely not. It's a 40 yard free kick where as Scottish independence is like a one legged keeper trying to score from his own box. 

Fixed it :greggy:

Jambo_jim2001
13 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

While I agree in principle with what Harvie is saying here, I'd like to know how I'm going to keep the kids warm next winter.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/world/ukraine-highlights-vulnerability-of-fossil-fuel-dependence-harvie-3608707

Feel for folk tied to either gas or oil and even electric heating🥺

5 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

While I agree in principle with what Harvie is saying here, I'd like to know how I'm going to keep the kids warm next winter.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/world/ukraine-highlights-vulnerability-of-fossil-fuel-dependence-harvie-3608707

That is my point too.

To do away with fossil fuel dependency we need electric to be cheap.

What we need to know is are the renewable energy sources cost effective and will they lead to cheaper bills?  If the answer is they cost more to run than the public can afford then we need to switch to nuclear.

The current situation with bills increasing exponentially will have dire consequences for anyone on or below average income.

I listened to an interesting piece a couple of days ago by a company called Greencoat UK Wind. They manage wind farms across the uk and produce about 1% of the UK’s energy. The marginal provider of energy in the UK is gas and therefore all other (broadly speaking) energy providers derive their cost from the cost of gas. Even though wind production may be cheaper than gas production the cost of energy derived by both wind and gas are the same. Not until the UK moves to more renewable production will this dynamic change.

Jambo_jim2001
6 minutes ago, dicksojo said:

I listened to an interesting piece a couple of days ago by a company called Greencoat UK Wind. They manage wind farms across the uk and produce about 1% of the UK’s energy. The marginal provider of energy in the UK is gas and therefore all other (broadly speaking) energy providers derive their cost from the cost of gas. Even though wind production may be cheaper than gas production the cost of energy derived by both wind and gas are the same. Not until the UK moves to more renewable production will this dynamic change.

Our local laird gets paid 64 grand a year from the two wind turbines situated on his land😮wonder what other lairds get for the wind farms

1 hour ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Our local laird gets paid 64 grand a year from the two wind turbines situated on his land😮wonder what other lairds get for the wind farms

Millions, they get the initial cost of the land that the turbine bases cover plus and an annual payment.

I did have a report on how long it takes for one turbine to make enough electricity to offset the carbon / energy it takes to make and insall it, it didn't make great reading.

Howdy Doody Jambo

We're never going back to cheap fuel bills, these energy companies are drunk on soaring profits and greed, with all the pish greenwashing added taxes in this country on top with the snp/green party spouting more hot air how to save the planet while the big countries don't bother their arse it'd be best just to layer up with woolly jumpers, hat's and gloves and get the candels out 

Happy days, now that's progress 

Wind turbines, what happens if there is No wind? They have to turn them off if it gets too stormy, or hurricane Davie strikes or whatever names they call wet and windy days next, what will the greenys come up with next, a fart storing facility, the loonies have taken over, sorry if any offence caused to any loonies 

Another report I read recently was showing the amount of discretionary spending spent on energy and food in the 70s compared to now. Apparently in the 70s it was around 30% where as now it is closer to 10%. So even with energy prices going up, as a proportion of income they are still relatively low when compared to the 70s.

1 hour ago, The Maroon Pound said:

We're never going back to cheap fuel bills, these energy companies are drunk on soaring profits and greed, with all the pish greenwashing added taxes in this country on top with the snp/green party spouting more hot air how to save the planet while the big countries don't bother their arse it'd be best just to layer up with woolly jumpers, hat's and gloves and get the candels out 

Happy days, now that's progress 

Wind turbines, what happens if there is No wind? They have to turn them off if it gets too stormy, or hurricane Davie strikes or whatever names they call wet and windy days next, what will the greenys come up with next, a fart storing facility, the loonies have taken over, sorry if any offence caused to any loonies 

That american/canadian comic from the green party was on one of the Scottish programmes this morning on the BBC and I nearly chucked something at the TV.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone so ignorant and bloody minded.  Her solution to the rising energy costs - get everyone to install heat pumps that are too expensive to install and provide lukewarm heat.  I'm also sceptical that they could be installed in apartment blocks such as where I live.

These are the idiots the Nationalists are letting set their policies.

Howdy Doody Jambo

What would be the carbon footprint cost alone to swap over, scrap, landfill, man hour's involved decommission perfectly good gas boilers & electric storeage heating systems to manufacture, recycle all of the packaging & pish about with hours and install millions of these tepid warm pumpy system that cost twice as much to the cosummer , there is just no common sense with that lot, who actually votes for these people and gives them a platform 🤡 

Jambo_jim2001
3 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I did have a report on how long it takes for one turbine to make enough electricity to offset the carbon / energy it takes to make and insall it, it didn't make great reading.

I think it's more of a visual statement" look we're green"

Jambo_jim2001
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

That american/canadian comic from the green party was on one of the Scottish programmes this morning on the BBC and I nearly chucked something at the TV.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone so ignorant and bloody minded.  Her solution to the rising energy costs - get everyone to install heat pumps that are too expensive to install and provide lukewarm heat.  I'm also sceptical that they could be installed in apartment blocks such as where I live.

These are the idiots the Nationalists are letting set their policies.

My auld man took me on a visit to kinneil pit in bo' Ness in the 70s,I was amazed at all the different atmosphere's underground. I wouldn't say it was roasting hot though but a funny kind of damp warmth.

Jambo_jim2001
4 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Millions, they get the initial cost of the land that the turbine bases cover plus and an annual payment.

Therein lyes the problems here🤬Mega rich getting well looked after by government

7 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

My auld man took me on a visit to kinneil pit in bo' Ness in the 70s,I was amazed at all the different atmosphere's underground. I wouldn't say it was roasting hot though but a funny kind of damp warmth.

Can't really see people swapping their normal showers for lukewarm versions without considering the practicalities of installing in say blocks of flats?

On 11/03/2022 at 15:24, Ainsley Harriott said:

Shetland independence is a lot closer that Scottish independence.

Really?

Please...do tell us more.

On 11/03/2022 at 19:20, Ainsley Harriott said:

I hope your not suggesting Nicola would deny the Shetlands it's opportunity of a referendum on independence? 

Phraseology used by the ignorant (so prepare to be educated) or arrogant (so prepare to be ignored).

Shetland is fine or, if you're determined to use the definite article, the Shetland Isles or the Shetland Islands.

Therein lyes the problems here🤬Mega rich getting well looked after by government

Between the energy, materials, environmental damge and money paid to the land owners over the life of the wind farm, a turbine has to produce a hell of a lot of electricity to wash it's face. I've been involved in a couple of small wind farms down here, but the size of some in Scotland must cost a serious amount of money. I know one guy involved in the Cawdor wind farm so have a small idea of what's involved, but I doubt the true cost will ever be fully released.

Ainsley Harriott
18 minutes ago, Boof said:

Really?

Please...do tell us more.

Phraseology used by the ignorant (so prepare to be educated) or arrogant (so prepare to be ignored).

Shetland is fine or, if you're determined to use the definite article, the Shetland Isles or the Shetland Islands.

Please do indulge in reading further down. Myself and fellow Ladies/Gents share some delightful thoughts on the subject that I'm sure will quell your appetite to hear lots more.

Unknown user
16 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Please do indulge in reading further down. Myself and fellow Ladies/Gents share some delightful thoughts on the subject that I'm sure will quell your appetite to hear lots more.

Isn't boof a shetlander?

17 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Please do indulge in reading further down.

I did.

17 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Myself and fellow Ladies/Gents share some delightful thoughts on the subject that I'm sure will quell your appetite to hear lots more.

It really didn't.

Jambo_jim2001
34 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Page two of this thread is magnificently childish. I daren’t move onto page 3. 

Divide and conquer?

21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Isn't boof a shetlander?

Shetland will never get independence. They’ll be more concerned with getting pissed, making Viking outfits from old sheepskin rugs, and setting things on fire than campaigning for statehood 😀

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Shetland will never get independence. They’ll be more concerned with getting pissed, making Viking outfits from old sheepskin rugs, and setting things on fire than campaigning for statehood 😀

I love people that know themselves

Couldn’t mark these ***** neck with a blowtorch :lol: 

3DCA448F-6586-4B84-A941-565760753C16.jpeg

That will really come back to bite them in the referendum 

The Mighty Thor

Couldn’t mark these ***** neck with a blowtorch :lol: 

3DCA448F-6586-4B84-A941-565760753C16.jpeg

I had to go to the Scottish Tory twitter page to see if that was real. It is. 😂

Top shitehousery 👍

jack D and coke

It’s aw running oot :lol: wind is running oot :lol: ile is running oot :lol: water will run oot :lol: aw that’s running oot is the brain cells of the brit cult hoose jocks

19A7FE04-5BB2-4C4F-B641-64E11BD9CD3C.jpeg

It’s aw running oot :lol: wind is running oot :lol: ile is running oot :lol: water will run oot :lol: aw that’s running oot is the brain cells of the brit cult hoose jocks

19A7FE04-5BB2-4C4F-B641-64E11BD9CD3C.jpeg

Is that Jacob Rees-Mogg in the carriage?

Jambo_jim2001
30 minutes ago, kila said:

Is that Jacob Rees-Mogg in the carriage?

So it is😳😳another trip to Specsavers booked😮

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

So it is😳😳another trip to Specsavers booked😮

It’s the wee hoose jock doogz begging for some shrapnel too

Jambo_jim2001
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s the wee hoose jock doogz begging for some shrapnel too

FFS so it is,, cancelled my trip to Specsavers,Anyone know the number for the RNIB😎🐕‍🦺

Edited by Jambo_jim2001

jack D and coke

Brit cult lovers are nonces aren’t they?

You have to have nonce tendencies to believe in the brit cult surely?