Scottish oil

Roxy Hearts

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Scotland has enough renewables to power all our homes twice for a year. Yet we're paying a fortune to do so. :We have ample oil so we don't pay a 2 quid a litre at the pump. Yet we're paying a fortune. 

We've really fecked ourselves, and we deserve it.

The Irish ministers breakdown of the problems with fuel was brilliant. 

It's the government that are shafting us - taking approximately £55 for every £100 spent at fuel stations.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dawnrazor

• Roxy Hearts

• jack D and coke

• Jambo_jim2001

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Hate to admit it but Clarkson was definitely onto something with his dodgems idea way back when on Top Gear.

The premise was to electrify motorways via overhead live power feeds much like the system employed to power dodgems at the Shows.

Cars would run on battery power till you get to the motorway. You then press a button to extend the conductor and join the motorway. Car then runs off the overhead power and charges your battery at the same time.

This would enable range to be extended indefinitely which is the current Achilles heal of electric cars.

It's really not though is it, most new electrics are 200+ miles of range with the higher end one's now well over 300+ miles, I've honestly never driven more than that kind of distance without stopping and doubt that many people do. The range issue is made by blogs/articles doing their psuedo topgear crap of 'I took an electric corsa round the north coast 500 and had to spend too much time charging boohoo' 

jack D and coke
20 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

that's actually very funny 👏🤣. Think the cult leader wants it left in the ground though, no?

No he said the other day that he wants to extract every last drop of it out the North Sea. 

23 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

No he said the other day that he wants to extract every last drop of it out the North Sea. 

Brilliant. Then extract the massive oil field around the Irish sea. The barrel count in and around faslane is in the trillions. 

Cant touch it because of nuclear weapons. 

The oil field just north of Shetland discovered in 2013 is just about to go into service aswell. 

That was well hidden from the press 

Roxy Hearts
6 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Brilliant. Then extract the massive oil field around the Irish sea. The barrel count in and around faslane is in the trillions. 

Cant touch it because of nuclear weapons. 

The oil field just north of Shetland discovered in 2013 is just about to go into service aswell. 

That was well hidden from the press 

Correct. David Cameron knew as do all parties in Westminster. Lots of gullible Scots need to wake up! We're bring robbed of our resources and it's infuriating. 

Ainsley Harriott

Feel like I've woken up in 2014. Mats banging on about oil. Wait until Shetland gets its independence most of it will belong to them

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Feel like I've woken up in 2014. Mats banging on about oil. Wait until Shetland gets its independence most of it will belong to them

But who will protect them? Russia might invade I mean they’re a good bit closer and more exposed….what currency will they use??! They’ll have borders in the sea to their closest neighbours and the crème de creme is we’ll decide when they get an indy referendum not them. Cos that’s how it works isn’t it? We tell them the crack and now is just not the time for that kind of thing surely? 

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Think you’ll find it was wee Doogz who brought it up yesterday too😀

Roxy Hearts
3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

It was the Britnats that brought it up! Wait until we get rid of nuclear weapons and explore the Clyde basin. Why would Shetland be independent and why do Britnats keep moving the "goalposts"? Have a bit faith in your country and its people.

Ainsley Harriott
28 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It was the Britnats that brought it up! Wait until we get rid of nuclear weapons and explore the Clyde basin. Why would Shetland be independent and why do Britnats keep moving the "goalposts"? Have a bit faith in your country and its people.

Shetland independence is a lot closer that Scottish independence.

JudyJudyJudy
5 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

True . I doubt Lorna or Pat Harvie will take kindly to and oil drilling . NS has made it clear it won’t be happening . Mind you ……

The White Cockade
6 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

that's actually very funny 👏🤣. Think the cult leader wants it left in the ground though, no?

It’s actually not a joke

back in the 70’s when we had the first referendum for devolution Westminster aided by the “spooks” put out a deliberate campaign of misinformation about how much oil was left as they panicked about Scotland eventually taking control of it

No such thing as a level playing field in politics and of course they changed the voting rules when it looked like a Yes vote so that even though a majority voted in favour it still failed 

Nothing new in Westminster duplicity 

Edited by The White Cockade

Ainsley Harriott
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

True . I doubt Lorna or Pat Harvie will take kindly to and oil drilling . NS has made it clear it won’t be happening . Mind you ……

I hope your not suggesting Nicola would deny the Shetlands it's opportunity of a referendum on independence? 

Japan Jambo
3 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

It’s actually not a joke

back in the 70’s when we had the first referendum for devolution Westminster aided by the “spooks” put out a deliberate campaign of misinformation about how much oil was left as they panicked about Scotland eventually taking control of it

No such thing as a level playing field in politics and of course they changed the voting rules when it looked like a Yes vote so that even though a majority voted in favour it still failed 

Nothing new in Westminster duplicity 

everyday a school day. will go digging, any links?

Roxy Hearts
5 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Shetland independence is a lot closer that Scottish independence.

Is it? So Scotland does have oil and Westminster are making billions from it. I wish your type would make their minds up! It's running oot or our resources are required to meet the UK's balance payments. 

5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Is it? So Scotland does have oil and Westminster are making billions from it. I wish your type would make their minds up! It's running oot or our resources are required to meet the UK's balance payments. 

British oil surley.

Roxy Hearts
6 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

British oil surley.

Scottish oil as in Scottish Whisky, Scottish Water, Scottish Renewables, Scottish Golf Courses,  Scottish Castles, Scottish Tourism, Scottish produce, Scottish People, Scottish Football Teams, Scottish inventions......and so on. 

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Scottish oil as in Scottish Whisky, Scottish Water, Scottish Renewables, Scottish Golf Courses,  Scottish Castles, Scottish Tourism, Scottish produce, Scottish People, Scottish Football Teams, Scottish inventions......and so on. 

How much scottish money went into getting out from under the sea into barrels, genuine question?

Roxy Hearts
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

How much scottish money went into getting out from under the sea into barrels, genuine question?

I'm sure our taxes contributed. I don't know the answer but private and public money would be involved. Part of it should have been state owned but Westminster greed saw to that and London has benefitted most. 

2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'm sure our taxes contributed. I don't know the answer but private and public money would be involved. Part of it should have been state owned but Westminster greed saw to that and London has benefitted 

England would've contributed more taxes than Scotland obviously so I don't get that bit of your argument.

Why should any of it been "state owned" ?

Westminster greed? Explain.

Felix Lighter
5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

How much Nigerian, Venezuelan, Saudi Arabian money etc...?

BP, Shell, Exxon, etc. Do you think they care about the politics of the territory from which they are extracting oil?   

Roxy Hearts
5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

England would've contributed more taxes than Scotland obviously so I don't get that bit of your argument.

Why should any of it been "state owned" ?

Westminster greed? Explain.

"State owned" to invest. Norway is a good example. Westminster is greedy in everything it does so not sure what you mean. We get a budget and are a given a wee bit power but that lot keep the best bits such as energy policy. England can have a share of oil as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Roxy Hearts

3 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

How much Nigerian, Venezuelan, Saudi Arabian money etc...?

BP, Shell, Exxon, etc. Do you think they care about the politics of the territory from which they are extracting oil?   

Whataboutary.

If Scotland is part of Great Britain, which it is, and was when the oil was barrelled, how is it Scotlands oil if very little if any "Scottish" money was spent getting to the market?

It's british oil from british waters, if Scotland was independent it would be Scottish oil, but Scotland is part of Britain. 

"State owned" to invest. Norway is a good example. Westminster is greedy in everything it does so not sure what you mean. We get a budget and are a given a wee bit power but that lot keep the best bits such as energy policy. England can have a share of oil as far as I'm concerned.

It was state owned, owned by the Uk.

Roxy Hearts

Whataboutary.

If Scotland is part of Great Britain, which it is, and was when the oil was barrelled, how is it Scotlands oil if very little if any "Scottish" money was spent getting to the market?

It's british oil from british waters, if Scotland was independent it would be Scottish oil, but Scotland is part of Britain. 

Are they not Scottish waters? 

Are they not Scottish waters? 

Not when Scotland is in Great Britain no, they're Britsh waters.

Roxy Hearts
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

It was state owned, owned by the Uk.

Was,  but sold for greed to companies for politicians pals in those companies for all the parasites to get greedy on shares. Westminster corruption has no rules!

Roxy Hearts
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Not when Scotland is in Great Britain no, they're Britsh waters.

Do we have Scottish golf courses and is there a Scottish Open?

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

Do we have Scottish golf courses and is there a Scottish Open?

Yes, what's that got to do with British Waters around the British Isles?

There is Scottish Whisky, English Whisky, Irish Whiskey and Welsh Whisky, all of which put taxes into the Brittish coffers, just like British oil off the British coast.

Was,  but sold for greed to companies for politicians pals in those companies for all the parasites to get greedy on shares. Westminster corruption has no rules!

So still British Waters then?

Roxy Hearts

Scottish Waters and Scottish Oil. I have a home in Scotland, born in Scotland and swam in Scottish water.  Doesn't matter that you think its British, it's Scottish! Why did those 2 British fools Blair and Brown( now, they're definitely British!)move the border?

Roxy Hearts
8 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Yes, what's that got to do with British Waters around the British Isles?

There is Scottish Whisky, English Whisky, Irish Whiskey and Welsh Whisky, all of which put taxes into the Brittish coffers, just like British oil off the British coast.

Emphasising that we have Scottish water. 

Felix Lighter
9 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Whataboutary.

I merely answered what you claimed to be a genuine question.

I answered the same way I answered in many arguements I've had down the years with English people who asked  " yeah, but who'd dig it out, you?"

Nae whitabootery man.

Scottish Waters and Scottish Oil. I have a home in Scotland, born in Scotland and swam in Scottish water.  Doesn't matter that you think its British, it's Scottish! Why did those 2 British fools Blair and Brown( now, they're definitely British!)move the border?

I was born in Scotland, have a house in Scotland, swam in Scottish water, it's still Great Britain. You can ask Brown and Blair thier own motives.

2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Emphasising that we have Scottish water. 

As do England, Wales and Ireland.

Felix Lighter
3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

As do England, Wales and Ireland.

Good for them. They can keep their water and we'll sell them ours.

6 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

I merely answered what you claimed to be a genuine question.

I answered the same way I answered in many arguements I've had down the years with English people who asked  " yeah, but who'd dig it out, you?"

Nae whitabootery man.

My question was and is genuine but the waters around the UK is British.

1 minute ago, Felix Lighter said:

Good for them. They can keep their water and we'll sell them ours.

Why would England, Wales or Ireland buy water from Scotland?

Felix Lighter
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

My question was and is genuine but the waters around the UK is British.

So you've answered your own question then, Scotland as a part of the UK has contributed financially to extracting oil from the North Sea.

3 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

So you've answered your own question then, Scotland as a part of the UK has contributed financially to extracting oil from the North Sea.

Yes, as part of the UK, the same as Wales, Ireland and England have contributed, as part of the UK.

Felix Lighter

Why would England, Wales or Ireland buy water from Scotland?

Because it tastes better. 

5 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Because it tastes better. 

😄 it really doesn't. 

I now live in the North West of England, we get about 90" of rain per year, there really is no shortage of water in England.

It would be much easier and cheaper to get water from the Lake District to other parts of England, as it already is, than get it from Scotland to England, surley that's just common sense?

Edited by Dawnrazor

Cairneyhill Jambo
34 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Does the British Fishery Protection boats patrol British Waters? 

Felix Lighter

😄 it really doesn't. 

I now live in the North West of England, we get about 90" of rain per year, there really is no shortage of water in England.

It would be much easier and cheaper to get water from the Lake District to other parts of England, as it alreay is, then get it from Scotland to England.

It's interesting but off topic from the op. Talking heads reckon this century, war will be fought over water rather than oil. 

1 minute ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

Does the British Fishery Protection boats patrol British Waters? 

And that's got to do with oil what sorry.

Just now, Felix Lighter said:

It's interesting but off topic from the op. Talking heads reckon this century, war will be fought over water rather than oil. 

I'm sure this is correct, in countries that  need it, I think there is an assumption that there's no water in England and it'll need it from Scotland, I really don't see this.

Cairneyhill Jambo
7 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

And that's got to do with oil what sorry.

You said in a previous post that the Waters around the UK were British. 

Just now, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

You said in a previous post that the Waters around the UK were British. 

Are they not?

Does the Scottish Navy patrol Scottish waters?