Perfect Ignore Post

Sharpie

Its a beautiful day here in sunny Kelowna, 9 degrees, lots of sun, with just a slight chill in the wind. Buds on the trees, signs of spring and summer. I have been in the doldrums for quite a few months now, lonely disheartened, and sad.  I went out for my morning walk it felt great, it was like someone had turned a key and I was moving smoother, I stepped out held myself erect, swung my arms and shoulders while humming to myself a medley of marches, pipe band and regimental tunes. i suddenly felt I was Bob Sharp, old guardsman, old Edinburgh polis, and the husband of the late great love of my life Esther. I knew none of the Bob Sharps in those phases of history would appreciate the sad sack I was becoming, well its finished, no more moping, no more woe is me , appreciate the sixty years of love, travel, success, children , we enjoyed, pick up your ass and get back to living, you will be a long time deid and its a simple process, no need for practise, I apologise for this, but quite frankly you are the only group of people I have that I feel free to express my feelings,so thanks for this and please ignore as soon as it becomes too much which should be about three words.

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Its a beautiful day here in sunny Kelowna, 9 degrees, lots of sun, with just a slight chill in the wind. Buds on the trees, signs of spring and summer. I have been in the doldrums for quite a few months now, lonely disheartened, and sad.  I went out for my morning walk it felt great, it was like someone had turned a key and I was moving smoother, I stepped out held myself erect, swung my arms and shoulders while humming to myself a medley of marches, pipe band and regimental tunes. i suddenly felt I was Bob Sharp, old guardsman, old Edinburgh polis, and the husband of the late great love of my life Esther. I knew none of the Bob Sharps in those phases of history would appreciate the sad sack I was becoming, well its finished, no more moping, no more woe is me , appreciate the sixty years of love, travel, success, children , we enjoyed, pick up your ass and get back to living, you will be a long time deid and its a simple process, no need for practise, I apologise for this, but quite frankly you are the only group of people I have that I feel free to express my feelings,so thanks for this and please ignore as soon as it becomes too much which should be about three words.

Absolutely zero need to apologise. It’s a life-affirming post with important messages for younger generations. 

Glad you’ve got a spring in your step again and if/when the doldrums return just remember “this too shall pass”

♥️👍🏻

Edited by Alex Kintner

4 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Glad to hear it Bob. Sounds like you were lucky to have Esther for the majority of your life. Only natural to feel the pain after losing her. Keep on breathing.

12 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I stepped out held myself erect

At your age that's something to be proud of Bob!

I’ve told you before, Bob.

I’ll tell you again - I love you.

You are a wonderful poster, your tales are magical, you inspire people.

Your ‘wee girl’ Esther was lucky to have you and, I’m sure, you feel the same in reverse.

Keep that spring in the step going, sir.

Morgs x

Just now, hughesie27 said:

At your age that's something to be proud of Bob!

I had to giggle at that, H.  😎

7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Your ‘wee girl’ Esther was lucky to have you and, I’m sure, you feel the same in reverse.

Morgs x

Don't think I could say it any better than that.

Kickback is all the better for your posts, Bob.

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

Don't think I could say it any better than that.

Kickback is all the better for your posts, Bob.

Thanks, Boof.

The White Cockade
32 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Away ya daft old bugger! 😂

Keep posting Bob your posts  are always worth reading 

32 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Without sounding patronising Bob i enjoy your posts and your words of wisdom and experience. 

26 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Absolutely zero need to apologise. It’s a life-affirming post with important messages for younger generations. 

Glad you’ve got a spring in your step again and if/when the doldrums return just remember “this too shall pass”

♥️👍🏻

This. 

18 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Morgs x

Well said Morgan. 

Angry Haggis
38 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

great stuff Bob, get yourself outdoors as much as you can. Does wonders for the mind, glad your feeling positive sir. 

JudyJudyJudy
44 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Upwards and onwards ! Sky’s the limit 👍👍👍

I've been feeling a wee bit down today, it's my mum's 78th birthday and it hit home that she won't be around forever, then I get home tonight and see the heartbreaking scenes of Ukrainian civilians getting shot and bombed by the Russian army. Suddenly I read your post Bob and the world seems a wee bit brighter. Thanks.

Where were your beats and what years when you were in the Police Bob?

My old man is ex edinburgh police and he's 74.

Edited by Der Kaiser

1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

Bob, I've been meaning to say something for almost 9 years, and I've never been able to figure out the right way to say it.  I still can't, but I'd better get on with it anyway.

Because of fate, the place where I live, while thousand of miles from you, is not actually that far from you.  The fact that I'm close by is probably of no particular help to you, but if there's ever anything I can do for you in this corner of Ireland please let me know. 

Best wishes, always.

2 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Where were your beats and what years when you were in the Police Bob?

My old man is ex edinburgh police and he's 74.

I was Pc 116A from September 1955 to April 1967, I was in A Division and worked primarily Niddrie, Craigmillar, and Newcraighall. Every so often I woud get pulled out ot there, and worked regularly the Middle Meadow Walk beat, and the Marshal Street beat. I was hired in a hurry, I was a 20 year old applicant just out of the Scots Guards with the rank of sergeant. They had no plans for a recruit class, but as I found later they were not going to lose this candidate so I was hired right then. I wasn't sworn in, but was shown every beat dayshift and night shift in A division. In January I went to Scottish Police College Whitburn, and the rest was history

Doctor FinnBarr
3 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I was Pc 116A from September 1955 to April 1967, I was in A Division and worked primarily Niddrie, Craigmillar, and Newcraighall. Every so often I woud get pulled out ot there, and worked regularly the Middle Meadow Walk beat, and the Marshal Street beat. I was hired in a hurry, I was a 20 year old applicant just out of the Scots Guards with the rank of sergeant. They had no plans for a recruit class, but as I found later they were not going to lose this candidate so I was hired right then. I wasn't sworn in, but was shown every beat dayshift and night shift in A division. In January I went to Scottish Police College Whitburn, and the rest was history

Where was the college in Whitburn Bob?

3 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Bob, I've been meaning to say something for almost 9 years, and I've never been able to figure out the right way to say it.  I still can't, but I'd better get on with it anyway.

Because of fate, the place where I live, while thousand of miles from you, is not actually that far from you.  The fact that I'm close by is probably of no particular help to you, but if there's ever anything I can do for you in this corner of Ireland please let me know. 

Best wishes, always.

I could sure have used that in 2013 when Esther and I were in Gorey for Deborahs funeral. We visited Dublin a couple of times, and despite the sad reason for the visit loved what we seen of the Country and people. The Irish hr husban being one done her excellent, they had a service on her favorite beach, sang Irish songs, then the took a portion of her ashes and spread them on her beach. Esther and I took the main part of the ashes and our Deborah being a nomadic traveller we poured them into the sea so they could be taken wherever . She would have been happy with that.

Doctor FinnBarr

Hang around Bob, your "faither o the hoose" here.

2 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Where was the college in Whitburn Bob?

I cannot remember the address, I only knew the local pub and where the bus stop to Edinburgh was.

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I cannot remember the address, I only knew the local pub and where the bus stop to Edinburgh was.

What pub? Might still exist.

7 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I could sure have used that in 2013 when Esther and I were in Gorey for Deborahs funeral. We visited Dublin a couple of times, and despite the sad reason for the visit loved what we seen of the Country and people. The Irish hr husban being one done her excellent, they had a service on her favorite beach, sang Irish songs, then the took a portion of her ashes and spread them on her beach. Esther and I took the main part of the ashes and our Deborah being a nomadic traveller we poured them into the sea so they could be taken wherever . She would have been happy with that.

Gorey (and Wexford generally) is a lovely part of the world, and the local people are very kind.  I do think of Deborah from time to time, and of you.  Mind yourself.

10 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

10 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Aren you kidding it was sixty seven years ago I need a map and compass now to find my own house toilet.🤠

All roads lead to Gorgie

You are a good man Bob, one of the best. Glad you are feeling better and enjoying the wonderful nature of BC. Edinburgh is still very much in your Heart though and having Kickback to keep you up to date with what is happening over here must be a great help to you. Take care Bob.

Excellent stuff Bob.

Didn't fancy going to the Ukraine by myself, what train you getting ? 😀😀

It was  a blue skies and sunshine day here on Sunday too Bob and it doesn't half improve the mood. Day started -4c and finished the same but in between times gave us a cheery day of sunshine. Didn't do much with it. Helped my laddie power washing his steps, watched highlights from his football match, a shock win for Blackburn over Penicuik, made a pizza to share with Mrs RobboM, had an email out the blue from a room mate from University promising photos to follow and read everything I could find about Hearts draw up at Tannadice.
Best wishes Sir Bob from sunny Fauldhouse 🙂

As ever Bob, your posts help put everything else into perspective.

I've been feeling down on the dumps for a while too, and I've no reason too. Reading your post this morning that you've got a spring in your step despite what you've lost recently has given me a shake and a spring in my step too. So thank you for that.

May the sun keep shining for you.

8 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Aren you kidding it was sixty seven years ago I need a map and compass now to find my own house toilet.🤠

:D Nice one, Bob.

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I've been feeling down on the dumps for a while too, and I've no reason too. Reading your post this morning that you've got a spring in your step despite what you've lost recently has given me a shake and a spring in my step too. So thank you for that.

Chin up Taffin. This too shall pass. Look after yourself 👍🏻

46 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Chin up Taffin. This too shall pass. Look after yourself 👍🏻

Thanks AK, appreciate that 👍

11 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Well in Bob!

20 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Ach, just missed my Dad. He joined in 68.

My Grandfather Jimmy Rose was Edinburgh police but he was...I want to say E division but I could be wrong.

Life is so strange, I have been shopping for over a year now, and never spoke to anyone. Today i go into the market and I have to ask one of the girls for a location for something, she advised me and then we talked for about ten minutes. Another sales girl same thing. Today for the first time in months no lane marking arrows in the aisles its go where you want,People actually making jokes about it, again women chatting. I think I must be emitting a positive aura or something attitudes towards me have changed, I honestly have not felt this good, and positive in two years, life is wonderful. Sorry guys but I just have to tell someone.

Worthing Jambo

Good for you Bob👍
I love reading your posts.

It sounds like you are giving off an aurora that people are responding to.👍😁

Lone Striker
46 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Life is so strange, I have been shopping for over a year now, and never spoke to anyone. Today i go into the market and I have to ask one of the girls for a location for something, she advised me and then we talked for about ten minutes. Another sales girl same thing. Today for the first time in months no lane marking arrows in the aisles its go where you want,People actually making jokes about it, again women chatting. I think I must be emitting a positive aura or something attitudes towards me have changed, I honestly have not felt this good, and positive in two years, life is wonderful. Sorry guys but I just have to tell someone.

Thats really great to hear Bob.  Its brilliant that you feel able to share your thoughts and feelings like that on here.   As others have said, its  good for our collective souls to "let it out, and let it in".

Keep yer heid up, keep posting, and all the very best to you, our JKB faither   !!  :notworthy:

New aftershave? 😁

Brut 33 advert with Henry Cooper | Childhood memories 70s, Childhood  memories, 70s nostalgia

Don’t be sorry, Bob.

Be proud.

2 hours ago, Sharpie said:

You didn't have a mask on and, for the first time, the lassies are seeing your dazzling smile. :biggrin:

8 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

You didn't have a mask on and, for the first time, the lassies are seeing your dazzling smile. :biggrin:

Actually I think the mask is a helper😃

1 hour ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Good for you Bob👍

1 hour ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Good for you Bob👍

I don't know about an aurora, but I do recall my wife requesting  information about something I was emitting, it was something like "you dirty bugger have you farted again, pig!!" the woman had a way with words. It was strange hearing a German descent Saskatchewan girl when she came out with as she did sometimes a very Scottish accented reprimand to her habitual offender.

4 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

\

5 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

11 hours ago, Sharpie said:

It must be your dreamy eyes then, Bob.

:thumbsup:

N Lincs Jambo

Just saw your post Bob. Great to see you're on the mend and looking forward and walking with a straight back. Best poster on JKB by a country mile. Like just about everyone else who has posted I love reading your stories whether on threads you have started or contributed. Keep hale and hearty!

On 07/03/2022 at 08:40, Taffin said:

Ye feeling any better bud? I'll insult you if that'll help. :thumb: 😜

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Ye feeling any better bud? I'll insult you if that'll help. :thumb: 😜

It helped me ye bassa there was no way I was going to let you get the better insults,  :robbo:

Just now, Sharpie said:

It helped me ye bassa there was no way I was going to let you get the better insults,  :robbo:

😆

How are you today, Mr Sharp?