• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• upgotheheads

• 1971fozzy

• wavydavy

7 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

There doesn't seem to be an agreed protocol for concussion in terms of how long a player should be rested. Presumably he could still train but in his position  should he be heading the ball within the following seven days at least? There doesn't seem to be any guidance on that.

Any doctor who examines him will give him guidelines to follow. Heading a ball will be one of the things he will be told to NOT do. He will be regularly assessed as to his post concussion symptoms before being allowed to resume any kind of training. Once symptoms diminish to the prescribed level he will be allowed to start light training then build up activity to full out training on a gradual basis. 
How do I know?  Been there done that and got the tee shirt 😉

Footballfirst

I went for a walk around Riccarton his morning with the added intention of checking on who was/wasn't training. Only 12 outfield players took part in training outdoors, including Euan Henderson. None of the "injured" players took part. The only one I saw was Josh Ginnelly, close to the fitness room, wearing a pair of flip-flops.

If everyone had the last couple of days off, then I would guess that the injuries would be assessed this morning, so no great alarms for Saturday as yet.

Stevie Naismith took training for the U18s and other loanees on the astro.

The Treasurer
4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I went for a walk around Riccarton his morning with the added intention of checking on who was/wasn't training. Only 12 outfield players took part in training outdoors, including Euan Henderson. None of the "injured" players took part. The only one I saw was Josh Ginnelly, close to the fitness room, wearing a pair of flip-flops.

If everyone had the last couple of days off, then I would guess that the injuries would be assessed this morning, so no great alarms for Saturday as yet.

I know the players were given a couple of days off but I would have assumed that the injured players would be in for treatment or at least to be assessed to see if they had any chance of making the game on Saturday 

If Souttar is out for Saturday, we really need to bring Moore back in either as RCB or the Right of a back 3 IMO. Sibbick is not up to it in that position. 

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Any update on injuries today?

Didn't sound good listening to Andy Halliday on Open Goal ...

14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Didn't sound good listening to Andy Halliday on Open Goal ...

☹️

Gordon

Kingsley Halkett Moore

Sibbick

McKay Beni Haring  Halliday

Boyce  Ellis

Good enough to beat St Midden if all the injured are out. Pretty light on the bench though 🤷‍♂️

Japan Jambo
5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Interesting point - surely though if someone was injured they ought to have it assessed asap in case rehabilitation is required? (edit, Treasurer has already covered this)

Fingers crossed!

Edited by Japan Jambo

On 06/03/2022 at 11:38, upgotheheads said:

I think the minimum number of players allowed for the game to continue was the same as today, 7, so I think the game would have had to be abandoned, I don't know what would have happened to the points, though I seem to remember an obscure clause that if you are a team from Glasgow playing a team not from Glasgow, and if your team's name begins with R or C then you are awarded the points, and the opposing team has three points deducted for being a nuisance. I'm not absolutely sure about that though.  

Brilliant !😄

Kidd’s Boots
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Gordon

Kingsley Halkett Moore

Sibbick

McKay Beni Haring  Halliday

Boyce  Ellis

Good enough to beat St Midden if all the injured are out. Pretty light on the bench though 🤷‍♂️

Jeso, still no place in the team McEneff!!

The White Cockade

I think we won’t see much more of Moore 

he has been horrendous and has fallen behind Sibbick in the  pecking order Leven though he’s not really hit the ground running either 

if the injuries are long term it’s a good job we have such a big lead over fourth

Batistuta87

Andy Halliday on Open Goal saying GMS has broken his hand, Devlin has torn his hammy, Souttar has done his achiles, Cochrane had concussion, and Atkinson was apparently just unwell. 

Broken hand could be 4-8 weeks, torn hammy could mean Cammy's season is finished, same with Souttar if it's another rupture, Cochrane will be a couple of weeks, and Atkinson is hopefully back in training already unless it's Covid then he could be unavailable for the St Mirren game.

Edited by Batistuta87

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Any updates re injuries? Just seems too quiet 

Sorry meant to quote you - see above ✌🏻️

9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Andy Halliday on Open Goal saying GMS has broken his hand (4-6 weeks?), Devlin has torn his hammy (could be months), Souttar has done his achiles (could also be months if it's another rupture), Cochrane had concussion (2 weeks), and Atkinson was apparently just unwell (hopefully just a few days). 

Jeez! 🙈

Hackney Hearts
6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Andy Halliday on Open Goal saying GMS has broken his hand, Devlin has torn his hammy, Souttar has done his achiles, Cochrane had concussion, and Atkinson was apparently just unwell.

Well that's about as bad as it could be. (apart from Atkinson obviously)

Slightly depends what "done" his achilles means. Not as serious as his previous injuries, clearly.

heartsfc_fan

Christ. Just aswell 3rd is pretty much wrapped up.

Souttar will be the biggest loss.

Then Devlin.

Edited by heartsfc_fan

36 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Broken hand could be 4-8 weeks, torn hammy could mean Cammy's season is finished, same with Souttar if it's another rupture, Cochrane will be a couple of weeks, and Atkinson is hopefully back in training already unless it's Covid then he could be unavailable for the St Mirren game.

Of course, he could just be at it. Mind games and all that. 

TyphoonJambo
44 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I'm pretty confident Robbie wouldn't be happy for him to be letting this go public.  Think he's on the wind up. Souttar was holding his leg for a start.

Fxxx the SPFL
10 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

That’s what I think Bob would be miffed if he was passing on reliable info red herring 

Berra than you
27 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

I'm sure they record on a Monday morning so before anyone was even in training. I'll wait until we hear something more official from the club.

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

If it’s all true re’ injuries then he will be in big trouble saying all that. Hoping like others that he’s at the wind up. If not then it’s poor. And shit for us for the cup as 3rd looks pretty much nailed now

3 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Well that's about as bad as it could be. (apart from Atkinson obviously)

Slightly depends what "done" his achilles means. Not as serious as his previous injuries, clearly.

Thought Souttar was holding his knee? 

If it is true what Halliday says then we need to just get through the game this weekend and regroup after. Souttar and Devlin obviously the biggest blows. Haring at times has shown he is an able replacement and hopeful Sibbick will look more comfortable next to Halkett. 

Doesn’t sound too good

i fear we literally will have to limp over the line in the race for Europe, at least we have a good points cushion

I think results will be inconsistent between now and the end of the season.

Not as confident about St. Mirren on Saturday as I was.

mickycameron98

Thankfully in the next 3 weeks we only have 2 games and both are at home. Some time for the players to recover.

However I doubt Souttar and Devlin will be back come the start of April by the sound of it.

9 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Doesn’t sound too good

i fear we literally will have to limp over the line in the race for Europe, at least we have a good points cushion

I think results will be inconsistent between now and the end of the season.

Not as confident about St. Mirren on Saturday as I was.

I’m the same, though I take consolation in knowing that if we get knocked out then either rangers or celtic are cup certainties leaving us nearly guaranteed group stage European football next season. 

11 hours ago, ramrod said:

Your not buying that are you? 😂

You know the facts on the injuries do you? 🤔

17 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

If Souttar is out for Saturday, we really need to bring Moore back in either as RCB or the Right of a back 3 IMO. Sibbick is not up to it in that position. 

If you think Moore is then you clearly missed the Dundee game.

11 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

If it’s all true re’ injuries then he will be in big trouble saying all that. Hoping like others that he’s at the wind up. If not then it’s poor. And shit for us for the cup as 3rd looks pretty much nailed now

Another reason why Halliday should be told to leave the podcast or Hearts.

KyleLafferty
17 minutes ago, briever said:

Another reason why Halliday should be told to leave the podcast or Hearts.

Anyone who watched the game can clearly see the injuries😂😂, souttar has a knock on his ankle not Achilles though. He’s told nothing that Neilson won’t be saying tomorrow.

jamboinglasgow

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8542268/hearts-injury-update-rangers-bound-john-souttar/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=ScottishSunSportTwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1646824440

The sun reporting that Souttars injury not as bad as first feared, and that there is an outside chance he could play against St Mirren.

Cochrane and Devlin are out of the St Mirren game, Mackay-Steven can play, Atkinson and Ginnelly will be reviewed before Saturday whether they can play.

Going by Hallidays info the smart money for this weeks cup-tie would be on St Mirren at a fraction under 4/1 .......there wont be any of my dosh but you couldnt blame anyone for "investing" as some of the players out are influential. 

On 05/03/2022 at 20:06, Armageddon said:

Surprised he didn't put McEneff on for Cammy to try and keep that intensity in the middle of the park.  Haring just sucked the life out of us.

Couldn't really win could he.If he did the above there would be a lot saying we should have brought Haring on.

Ps....No opinion either way.

Hackney Hearts
7 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Going by Hallidays info the smart money for this weeks cup-tie would be on St Mirren at a fraction under 4/1 .......there wont be any of my dosh but you couldnt blame anyone for "investing" as some of the players out are influential. 

Although according to the post above yours (& The Sun), we might only be missing one "influential" player (Devlin).

Plus Cochrane.

5 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Although according to the post above yours (& The Sun), we might only be missing one "influential" player (Devlin).

Plus Cochrane.

🤞

On 09/03/2022 at 13:44, busbyfth said:

🤞

On 09/03/2022 at 13:38, Hackney Hearts said:

Plus Cochrane.

Not according to the nights news Im afraid

Jambo_jim2001

Think we are going to get booted up and down the park even more than the start of this season thanks to useless refs🤬

Guest ToqueJambo

Haring looked good in defence and Sibbick looked decent in mid (I think that's were he played when he came on - lost track of who was playing where after a while).

If Souttar and Devlin are out, Haring for Souttar and Sibbick for Devlin could be worth a shot, with McEneff in reserve if we need a more forward thinker in the engine room later. Although Sibbick was pretty positive when he came on. McKay, Boyce and Simms up front should be able to damage St Mirren, especially at home. Haring's long passing is decent and we play better when we have someone at the back who can do that.

Gutted about GMS. He really looked up for it and we might have been about to see a lot more return from him.

KyleLafferty

Gordon

Natty Moore Halks Kingsley

Beni Haring

Mckay Boyce Woodburn

Simms 

That 11 should win the game. McEneff, Halliday, and sibbick to come on.

My half sister
3 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Gordon

Beni Haring

Mckay Boyce Woodburn

Simms 

Halliday will definitely start imo

11 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Gordon

Beni Haring

Mckay Boyce Woodburn

Simms 

Whether we agree with it or not I can’t see Moore playing ahead of Sibbick tbh