'Dubious' goals that may or may not have stood with VAR

logopolis

OK I think the Maradona 1986 goal was pretty conclusive after tv replays  - whereas the Joe Jordan against Wales not as much?

There was a Robbo 'goal' I can vaguely remember,  I'm sure it was against Motherwell shooting into the old school end that the Motherwell players claimed that he punched it into the net. The other I can think of was the semi against Celtic 1988 was it a foul on Henry for the winner ?

VAR took an interesting stance on Zenit St Petersburg's 92nd minute goal last night, chopping it off to throw them out of Europe...looked soft to me 👀

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Thierry Henry v rep of Ireland

Basketball Barry Ferguson v us

Eduoards dive for pen v us in 2019 final

First one, yep.

Next two, with Scottish officials, no chance.

Did Rangers not get a couple of decisions last week in Europe .. given the penalty and over ruling the Morelos offside goal.

Jeez that's all we need , Glesca VAR official missing the current action in favour of slo-moing ever Hearts tackle on the OF.

Percival King

1992 Scottish Cup semi-final against Airdrie. Goal line technology would hopefully have helped us avoid a midweek trip to Hampden for the replay, getting soaked and being knocked out on penalties. And we'd have had a shot at the erstwhile Rangers in the final.

Gudeti's Penalty against us at Tynecastle (blatant dive)

Hoopers goal in the Cup Semi Final (Offside)

The Celtic Goal against in out last game (Offside although ours was too)

The list is practically endless but with useless Scottish officials behind the VAR system, these will still be missed on declared ' not clear and obvious'.  

1 minute ago, Percival King said:

1992 Scottish Cup semi-final against Airdrie. Goal line technology would hopefully have helped us avoid a midweek trip to Hampden for the replay, getting soaked and being knocked out on penalties. And we'd have had a shot at the erstwhile Rangers in the final.

A tense, slightly poisonous, afternoon followed by a soul destroying, wet evening.

And three years later we had Airdrie@HampdenMk3.

It was a great time to be alive. 🤪

20 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

First one, yep.

Next two, with Scottish officials, no chance.

Was about to post the same.

Var or not to var, it will make no difference. Celtic, Rangers, refs and Scottish football authorities will find a way to keep diddling everyone else.

44 minutes ago, logopolis said:

OK I think the Maradona 1986 goal was pretty conclusive after tv replays  - whereas the Joe Jordan against Wales not as much?

There was a Robbo 'goal' I can vaguely remember,  I'm sure it was against Motherwell shooting into the old school end that the Motherwell players claimed that he punched it into the net. The other I can think of was the semi against Celtic 1988 was it a foul on Henry for the winner ?

Robbos against Airdrie, scottish cup , i think 1992, semi final, ref said it was not over the line, it was.

April 4th 1992, 0-0, 27310 crowd.

StevenNaismith
19 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Gudeti's Penalty against us at Tynecastle (blatant dive)

Hoopers goal in the Cup Semi Final (Offside)

The Celtic Goal against in out last game (Offside although ours was too)

The list is practically endless but with useless Scottish officials behind the VAR system, these will still be missed on declared ' not clear and obvious'.  

There’s a certain poster on here who thought that was onside….. 🚩🧍🏼‍♂️

1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

There’s a certain poster on here who thought that was onside….. 🚩🧍🏼‍♂️

Then that certain poster is an arse.

43 minutes ago, martoon said:

A tense, slightly poisonous, afternoon followed by a soul destroying, wet evening.

And three years later we had Airdrie@HampdenMk3.

It was a great time to be alive. 🤪

Cheers.  I was having a good afternoon before you brought those up. 

:muggy:

32 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Robbos against Airdrie, scottish cup , i think 1992, semi final, ref said it was not over the line, it was.

MacPherson header in same game

Did St. Johnstone not score a goal that was about 5-10 yards offside in the cup a few year back.

Steven McLean I think.

I am also still fuming about Barry Ferguson's handball in a league cup semi at Hampden but VAR in Scotland wouldn't have stopped that.

The Bannon Flick

The Kyriakos (sp) incident that led to the penalty and Miko’s ban.

The John Guidetti blatant dive for Celtic that led to the penalty.

Both highly dubious decisions that would at least prompt a look at by VAR. Not saying they still wouldn’t be given.

Steve Fulton being felled right on the edge of the box in the 98 cup final that was given as a penalty would also be looked at 👀

The Bannon Flick
51 minutes ago, Glottis said:

Did St. Johnstone not score a goal that was about 5-10 yards offside in the cup a few year back.

Steven McLean I think.

I am also still fuming about Barry Ferguson's handball in a league cup semi at Hampden but VAR in Scotland wouldn't have stopped that.

Yip, still fuming about that Ferguson handball.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Cheers.  I was having a good afternoon before you brought those up. 

:muggy:

Apologies. 😪

Anyone else starting to think the VAR can will get kicked down a long and winding road ?     

Cost PER YEAR for each Premiership club estimated at £90k.  That doesn't include setup costs for work needed on electrics and stadium layout to accommodate it.   Then there's likely to be a barney among the clubs on what the scope of  incident reviews should be.     

Who came up with the plan to implement it HALFWAY  through next season  ?     

th?id=OIP.r8ydWTMY8z_sY96x51m0RQHaFF&pid=Api&P=0&w=270&h=185

The best one ever was that incident at the Giro where the referee correctly waved play on when the ball only went around a couple of yards over the line.

VAR would surely have confirmed that astute decision.

16 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Anyone else starting to think the VAR can will get kicked down a long and winding road ?     

Cost PER YEAR for each Premiership club estimated at £90k.  That doesn't include setup costs for work needed on electrics and stadium layout to accommodate it.   Then there's likely to be a barney among the clubs on what the scope of  incident reviews should be.     

Who came up with the plan to implement it HALFWAY  through next season  ?     

th?id=OIP.r8ydWTMY8z_sY96x51m0RQHaFF&pid=Api&P=0&w=270&h=185

Day 1 - installed   Day 2 - nicked.

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 hours ago, logopolis said:

Such a shame it wasn't  in place to capture Griffith's free kick at Easter Road *cough

Wouldn’t have changed the correct decision made that day. *cough

Wasn’t even close to being over the line. 👀

HeartsandonlyHearts
11 minutes ago, logopolis said:

I concur both these were correct calls.

Leigh Griffiths disallowed goal.jpg

ollie.jpg

Just as I remember them. Not even on the line let alone over it.

Percival King

How about the infamous Partick Thistle v Dundee United game back in the '90s. Ball hits metal stanchion at the BACK of the goal (i.e. about 3 or 4 feet over the line), ball bounces back out, ball is PICKED up by Partick defender. No goal, no penalty, goal kick awarded by Mottram. But I think that was the catalyst for the goal nets we now have in Scotland. 

14 minutes ago, logopolis said:

I concur both these were correct calls.

ollie.jpg

The whole of the ball has to be over the whole of the line, too close to call on these two.

Jambo in Bathgate
5 hours ago, Waterboy said:

VAR took an interesting stance on Zenit St Petersburg's 92nd minute goal last night, chopping it off to throw them out of Europe...looked soft to me 👀

Quite right too. All Russian teams should be out of any international football. 

Naisys Tackle

Maloney diving to get Takis sent off.

Kyriakos in the 120th minutes dive, Andy Davis game.

Miko diving v Scotland saving him unhealthy abuse.  

Lennon faking being hit with a coin. 

Skippy Doodle
5 hours ago, logopolis said:

Skippy Doodle
5 hours ago, Percival King said:

Skippy Doodle
10 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Maloney diving to get Takis sent off.

Kyriakos in the 120th minutes dive, Andy Davis game.

Miko diving v Scotland saving him unhealthy abuse.  

Lennon faking being hit with a coin. 

6 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

That was a yard over the line. The worst ever was the Andy Davis penalty. Closely followed by Supermac's 10 yard offside effort in the Texaco 1971.

2 minutes ago, TorinoJambo said:

That was a yard over the line. The worst ever was the Andy Davis penalty. Closely followed by Supermac's 10 yard offside effort in the Texaco 1971.

cheers bud, that penalty 😟.

3 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Thanks for posting that. That and the replay were grim games. Never seen the highlights. 

I felt aggrieved the time. I definitely do  now. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, logopolis said:

Such a shame it wasn't  in place to capture Griffith's free kick at Easter Road *cough

VAR would have cleared that up, never a goal. 

Clearly on the line.