Time to look at the squad (merged threads)

CJGJ

Drylaw Hearts
are you saying its bad ?

i,m up there as much as you ;)

I'm not saying anthing.

It's you who is challenging Shauns post.

I was wondering if you thought it was good ?

BTW......

Due to a change of jobs I don't go anymore.

It's been a very long time since Riccarton has been blessed with my presence.

Is that you, John?

People on here slag off Clum all the time; Mole wasn't received that well; and even Driver has his critics. Look at the conveyor belt now, and compare it to times past: it is seriously lacking. At the meeting last week, the club made a big deal of emphasising its desire to build a team around a young Scottish nucleus. Which is fine - but will these players be good enough? If not, then we need to find the best coaches money can buy - and I'd be amazed if the Academy can currently say that about those in charge there.

why would you be amazed ?

what are you basing this on

you live in Oxford :confused::confused::confused:

shaun.lawson
why would you be amazed ?

what are you basing this on

you live in Oxford :confused::confused::confused:

I'm basing it on the players who've come through, and regular concerns aired on here about the coaching. If I went to Riccarton myself, I'd hardly be able to pass judgement, because I'm not a coach! But the only way any professional can be assessed is on the quality of their work - and while various youngsters are raved about on here, hardly any seem to come through to become quality SPL players.

I'm not saying anthing.

It's you who is challenging Shauns post.

I was wondering if you thought it was good ?

BTW......

Due to a change of jobs I don't go anymore.

It's been a very long time since Riccarton has been blessed with my presence.

why stick your beek in then

trying to debate with an oxford graduate who thinks he knows what it means to support hertz

oh and wants to start a pressure group

***kin brilliant:):)

shaun.lawson

trying to debate with an oxford graduate who thinks he knows what it means to support hertz

So it's impossible to support a club if you don't live in the vicinity, then? :confused:

I'm basing it on the players who've come through, and regular concerns aired on here about the coaching. If I went to Riccarton myself, I'd hardly be able to pass judgement, because I'm not a coach! But the only way any professional can be assessed is on the quality of their work - and while various youngsters are raved about on here, hardly any seem to come through to become quality SPL players.

GO TO RICCARTON THEN

then tell all and sundry on here the coachings pish

until you do , dont pass judgement mod delete

Seymour M Hersh
Patronising? Your previous post included the words "I get it ffs. You hate Romanov and want change". One, you swore at me; two, you completely misrepresented me: because I don't hate Romanov. If you're going to be rude, how can you expect respect back? On the academy: well, look at what Branny's brother thinks. Not only has he pointed us towards "M & M" for the reasons why Branny hasn't progressed as much as we'd hoped, but he also said that, at a youth tournament last summer, what concerned him most was the lack of enjoyment on the players' faces. They looked miserable: which if so, is a terrible indictment of those coaching them. Plenty of serious concerns have been aired about the two Murrays elsewhere too.

Meanwhile, I continue to assert that I have stayed on topic (with regard to which, you've again been rude: "for once"'?!). As far as I'm concerned, it's a clean slate for every player, because none of them have been working under a proper management setup until now. Almost certainly, Csaba will conclude that Clum is rank, and may well seek an alternative right back too. But the abuse Robbie Neilson gets continually amazes me: how exactly do people think he's managed to hold down the right back berth for so long? It's because there aren't many good alternatives!

Incidentally, it's possible I misinterpreted your "how's your pressure group getting on?" question, as I assumed it was meant patronisingly: if I got that wrong, then sorry for that. You also may like to know how delighted I am by Csaba's appointment, and that I actually feel optimistic about the club again at long last. But with regard to the players, there's only one person's opinion I'm interested in: Csaba Lazslo's.

You're a piece of work!

Drylaw Hearts

So.......

Is the Coaching good or not ?

Such a simple question yet it appears so difficult to answer.

shaun.lawson
You're a piece of work!

Oh - why's that then?

shaun.lawson
GO TO RICCARTON THEN

then tell all and sundry on here the coachings pish

until you do , dont pass judgement mod delete

Another poster has repeatedly asked you if the coaching's any good. Over and over again, you've failed to answer - why? How have the U19s got on in their league over the last few years? How have we done in the SFA Youth Cup? Both competitions that we used to win!

The players who've come through haven't been good enough; the results of the academy sides haven't been good enough. There was a time when I was convinced we had the best youth system in Scotland: back when we were producing quality players and winning youth competitions. If you're not going to use that as a means with which to judge youth coaching, how on earth do you assess it?

Oh, one other thing. One of the Murrays spoke at a fans' meeting some time ago, I believe. When he was asked questions, he responded increasingly aggressively (rather like you have on this thread, actually), and came across like a loose cannon. Pretty odd way to behave, don't you think?

So.......

Is the Coaching good or not ?

Such a simple question yet it appears so difficult to answer.

simple question , you were up there as much as me , under burley , is the coaching as good or not

you butted in on a thread with shaun spouting shi.te about coaching up at riccarton

according to a guy that does,nt see hertz as much as you and me the coaching is,nt as good , but you know theres some cracking players up there , so why stick up for him

shaun.lawson
simple question , you were up there as much as me , under burley , is the coaching as good or not

you butted in on a thread with shaun spouting shi.te about coaching up at riccarton

according to a guy that does,nt see hertz as much as you and me the coaching is,nt as good , but you know theres some cracking players up there , so why stick up for him

Christ - you still haven't answered the question! I'm sure there are cracking players up there - but the job of the academy is to develop them into cracking first team players. And on that, it would appear to be failing.

Drylaw Hearts

The proof is in the pudding imo.

Do you think the Coaching is good ?

Another poster has repeatedly asked you if the coaching's any good. Over and over again, you've failed to answer - why? How have the U19s got on in their league over the last few years? How have we done in the SFA Youth Cup? Both competitions that we used to win!

The players who've come through haven't been good enough; the results of the academy sides haven't been good enough. There was a time when I was convinced we had the best youth system in Scotland: back when we were producing quality players and winning youth competitions. If you're not going to use that as a means with which to judge youth coaching, how on earth do you assess it?

Oh, one other thing. One of the Murrays spoke at a fans' meeting some time ago, I believe. When he was asked questions, he responded increasingly aggressively (rather like you have on this thread, actually), and came across like a loose cannon. Pretty odd way to behave, don't you think?

Shaun stop son , please , you really dont have a clue , just let it go , go up to Riccarton day after day and tell everyone on here the coaches are no good . Stick to pressure groups and long winded stories on hobos.net , honestly they,ll believe anything you tell them

shaun.lawson
Shaun stop son , please , you really dont have a clue , just let it go , go up to Riccarton day after day and tell everyone on here the coaches are no good . Stick to pressure groups and long winded stories on hobos.net , honestly they,ll believe anything you tell them

Still haven't answered the question...

Which is weird given you apparently go to Riccarton regularly. Is there another reason why you're not answering? It might be that you feel the coaches give their all and do a great job, but have been continually undermined by the paralysis at the club - yes or no?

The proof is in the pudding imo.

Do you think the Coaching is good ?

as long as Murrays there (sp) . celtic wanted him , then yes , we will always produce at least 1 a year .

Johnsson will be one hell of a player

You still haven't actually said that it is any good or why you've thrown such a tantrum about the criticism. There's plenty of it dished out on this board, are you going to attack anyone who doesn't think the coaches are great? You'll have your work cut out for you.

There's been mumblings about the coaches for some time now. If you really do know your stuff, maybe you can tell us what's really going on up there?

Drylaw Hearts
as long as Murrays there (sp) . celtic wanted him , then yes , we will always produce at least 1 a year .

Johnsson will be one hell of a player

That took you nearly an hour to say that.

FWIW, I think the Coaching of the players at First/Reserve Team level was garbage.

I hope Csaba sorts that out.

shaun.lawson
Is it true that it's always Autumn in Oxford?

Unfortunately not. :)

Drylaw Hearts
Aahh, thanks for the visuals.

:laugh:

I'm just glad I had on clean underwear in that photo.

Archived