Weather

ri Alban

Captain Sausage

Usually get to about now before I’m moaning about the cold weather. This year it was start of January. 

Sick of living half the year indoors because it’s dark, windy and freezing outside. 

Been genuinely looking at relocating to somewhere warmer but kids would miss their grandparents etc so stuck here for now. 

13 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Usually get to about now before I’m moaning about the cold weather. This year it was start of January. 

Sick of living half the year indoors because it’s dark, windy and freezing outside. 

Been genuinely looking at relocating to somewhere warmer but kids would miss their grandparents etc so stuck here for now. 

This. The only consolation is the nights are stretching out and the clocks change in a few weeks. Getting old, but I really dread the winter months now.

Started off pretty miserable but it's turned out not bad today. Have even managed to get the dog out for a walk after work a few times in the past week. Things are on the turn.

Салатные палочки

One good day yesterday (I even had the bins on driving home) and then back to dark and miserable today. It really does get you down. The last few weekends have been a complete wash-out. Spent the majority of time in the house, only going out with the wee one once so she could splash in puddles in her wellies. 

As mentioned above though, the nights are getting lighter and the clocks going go forward in a few weeks time. 

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Chronic. Depressing as feck.

nightmare bud, probably get a week of hot weather and get a hosepipe ban lol, should start selling our water theres enough o it.

It's brutal. Storm after storm with strong winds on almost every day.

Getting outdoors on my bike is the best thing I know for my mental health and the Komoot app shows how few times I've been out this year. I'm not a fair-weather cyclist either, don't care if it's light rain or a bit of wind and I'll go out, even if its cold. But you can't cycle or even go on a hike in wind so strong it takes your warmth away and makes it a struggle to make headway or catch your breath. 

It's Ok today in terms of light but yep, it's still windy...

Was in Tenerife couple of weeks ago and what a difference it makes waking up and sitting in the sun having your breakfast. If I had the money I’d retire over there 

All the rain keeps things nice and green. Scotland is a fertile place.

Fresh water is already a hugely traded commodity on the world markets, and Scotland could do with getting in on the action instead of just letting it flow back into the sea.

The storms are showing just how badly councils have performed in terms of tree maintenance. Well maintained trees don't blow over. Overgrown ones do.

2 hours ago, theshed said:

Was in Tenerife couple of weeks ago and what a difference it makes waking up and sitting in the sun having your breakfast. If I had the money I’d retire over there 

:gangsta: 🏦

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, theshed said:

:wave1:

5 hours ago, Taffin said:

It really gets me down. In the last few years I've really started to feel I only enjoy 6 months of the year, which is pretty depressing.

Same boat here . I really hate autumn/winter. 

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Not a cloud anywhere but -25C and snow all over the shop. Other than that ......

Still wearing shorts.😀

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Colder with snow (maybe) later this week.  Surely to **** it will turn for the better in a few weeks.  

It's never ending. What a miserable time of year.

I started ma wee fellow on the roofs with me, and it's been nothing but shite weather. I'm surprised he's not jacked it in.

No problem with proper snow or Sunny frosty days but its been gloomy for months on end and to top it of next month we will get a few days in a row that are dry and some clown on the weather forecast will be telling us its the driest winter on record

Jambo_jim2001
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I started ma wee fellow on the roofs with me, and it's been nothing but shite weather. I'm surprised he's not jacked it in.

Sorry couldn't resist it ☺️

images.jpeg

Wind followed by rain. Wind. Rain. Repeat.

We need a good snowfall. Edinburgh and the Lothians have barely had anything with the exception of a dusting that lasted a morning.

I personally don't see anything wrong with the weather. Have experienced alot worse in my lifetime. Alot of you are just a bunch of moaning bassas😉

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I thought of you today strangely enough, it was -6 today with a really cold wind, there were two guys working on the roof of one of the bungalows, they were wearing hoodies and had on gloves, but the one guy was shaking his hands to get them warm. Not a high tenement just a bungalow but cold. I thought I wonder if riAlban is working roofs in these cold days, and there you are. I actually was hoping you were not but at home comfy.Instead you are there with your boy. See I actually worry for you.

2 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I thought of you today strangely enough, it was -6 today with a really cold wind, there were two guys working on the roof of one of the bungalows, they were wearing hoodies and had on gloves, but the one guy was shaking his hands to get them warm. Not a high tenement just a bungalow but cold. I thought I wonder if riAlban is working roofs in these cold days, and there you are. I actually was hoping you were not but at home comfy.Instead you are there with your boy. See I actually worry for you.

:) Yer a good lad, Sharpie 👍I had a half day, today, I had to go to hospital to get concrete out my eyeball. :facepalm: 

I'm up having a cappuccino, cause the cat wanted out. Animals rule my life. :D

Anyway, I hope yer well, Sir. 👍You look after yourself.

13 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I do admire and applaud people who do physical work . Esp in this time of year. One of my mates is a roofer and hes up at 6 am been doing it for years. 

20 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I thought this has been a very mild winter, a bit rainy recently but I’d take this sort of winter any time. 

Yeah i dont think its been that cold. Im currently in my cozy bed on this having a cuppa...luxury. But out as Ive got a real life meeting at 11 am. They have started up again,. WFH is slowly ending for me and its great really. Motivates me to get out and about 

9 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I personally don't see anything wrong with the weather. Have experienced alot worse in my lifetime. Alot of you are just a bunch of moaning bassas😉

Depends on your definition of worse. For me the worst weather is seemingly endless grey, wet and windy for months on end with darkness bookending it.

Worse weather in the sense of more extreme, I mind a lot less.

Jetstream is the problem seemingly, so they were saying on the news this morning, it's currently sitting lower than normal, several hundred miles from where it should be, hence why we are getting storm after storm right now, it happens everytime the jetstream sinks lower.

13 hours ago, John Findlay said:

This. Spare a thought for the people whose homes in the River Severn area have been flooded again, some for the third time in a few years. Then you can have a moan about the weather.

20 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The weather never used to bother me, atm it's getting to me.

Same here.  January and February have been cold and snowy, much more so than usual, and it's getting me down.

If Hearts were playing better I probably wouldn't mind as much.  

Салатные палочки
43 minutes ago, Cheile said:

This. Spare a thought for the people whose homes in the River Severn area have been flooded again, some for the third time in a few years. Then you can have a moan about the weather.

Nah, we can still moan about it. It's pure baws. 

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Same here.  January and February have been cold and snowy, much more so than usual, and it's getting me down.

If Hearts were playing better I probably wouldn't mind as much.  

I usually stay out and work through any weather. I went hame the day, couldn't be arsed with the wind and rain.

18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I usually stay out and work through any weather. I went hame the day, couldn't be arsed with the wind and rain.

About 8 years ago I was in Edinburgh for a week in March.  The weather was awful; rain, sleet and high winds every day.  Although our Ontario winters are cold and snowy, we also get a lot of blue skies and sunshine, which I much prefer to the dark, driech Edinburgh winters.