Away strip

Newton51

10 hours ago, Newton51 said:

It’s not great if you sell out pre Christmas and then say your not getting any more tops in. Sounds like we are changing from Umbro 

Still good marketing if you produce and market a product and it sells out lol. Especially one that people weren't initially keen on. 

Bad planning perhaps. Or maybe we ordered the normal amount, it didn't sell initially so we didn't think we'd need more, then when people started buying it, it was too late to get more. 

23 hours ago, Chimp said:

I wish we'd go back to the classic white and maroon away strips. Reverse of the home colours. Our away strips have been absolute bogging for years

Aye. I think the current home kit reversed would make a cracking away kit. The Argentina style ones were nice too.

Seems we haven't had a white and maroon away kit since 2015. 

image.thumb.png.83cb9a755f063121fef27f2feaa52c22.png

Fort Vallance
On 08/02/2022 at 09:28, Batistuta87 said:

Surely being sold out is good marketing?? 

Maybe marketing was the wrong word. But you knew that.

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

See the source imageSee the source image

I actually dug the blue and white one out of the back of a drawer last week. Wore it to the Celtic game. Lovely top. Shame it had big bright blue shorts though - would have looked good with maroon or black shorts. 

Edited by Batistuta87

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I actually dug the blue and white one out of the back of a drawer last week. Wore it to the Celtic game. Lovely top. Shame it had big bright blue shorts though - would have looked good with maroon or black shorts. 

I think of big Kev Kyle in the blue and white 😂

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aye. I think the current home kit reversed would make a cracking away kit. The Argentina style ones were nice too.

The 09/10 and 10/11 away tops were on offer once. I mind buying the 10/11 for £25 quid and you would get the 09/10 for £5 Liked the Ajax style 08/09 - The 02/03 blue reebok was nice too was similar to the home .

It's a minging kit, probably not enough demand to warrant making more.

Our third strip and black one from last season are miles above the standard we've had recently. Hopefully we can go back to Adidas or even go with Nike, Umbro don't seem to come up with very good designs besides the two I've mentioned.

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

What a run from 86/87 to 95/96

27 minutes ago, Sertse said:

It's a minging kit, probably not enough demand to warrant making more.

Our third strip and black one from last season are miles above the standard we've had recently. Hopefully we can go back to Adidas or even go with Nike, Umbro don't seem to come up with very good designs besides the two I've mentioned.

Yup. 

Wouldn't mind seeing us in Nike since we've never had it but them and Adidas tend to re-use templates for several teams and I think it can really cheapen them. Nike in particular can be very plain and boring too, especially for "smaller" teams like ourselves. I like how Umbro have given us some one-offs that other teams don't have. Would hate for us to go down the Macron/Joma route though. They are horrific. Castore would be a shout. We'd get a very good looking jersey from them since they don't have that many teams on board yet. And I hate to admit it, but The Rangers' efforts this year are actually outstanding. 

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Yup. 

Wouldn't mind seeing us in Nike since we've never had it but them and Adidas tend to re-use templates for several teams and I think it can really cheapen them. Nike in particular can be very plain and boring too, especially for "smaller" teams like ourselves. I like how Umbro have given us some one-offs that other teams don't have. Would hate for us to go down the Macron/Joma route though. They are horrific. Castore would be a shout. We'd get a very good looking jersey from them since they don't have that many teams on board yet. And I hate to admit it, but The Rangers' efforts this year are actually outstanding. 

There's been serious concerns about the castore quality, unsure if it was just last season and they were maybe having teething problems. Would be good to see though, the away tops recently have been very disjointed.

Last seasons away kit was a very poor effort but on the reveal board it was light blue and black. Yet the top was light blue and white. Looked very rushed. 

This season's away top looks like a pyjama top and the 'always Hearts' has no actual meaning. 

I think they just don't bother about the away tops until the last minute.

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

There really are some stinkers in there! Didn't realise how many

I'd love to see something like the Sparta Prague away

Sparta Prague 2021-22 Adidas Away Shirt | 21/22 Kits | Football shirt blog

From what I've been told the tops are designed 18 months in advance! Nothing is done 'last minute'

Edited by stewartjambo
duplicate post

29 minutes ago, Sertse said:

There's been serious concerns about the castore quality, unsure if it was just last season and they were maybe having teething problems. Would be good to see though, the away tops recently have been very disjointed.

Last seasons away kit was a very poor effort but on the reveal board it was light blue and black. Yet the top was light blue and white. Looked very rushed. 

This season's away top looks like a pyjama top and the 'always Hearts' has no actual meaning. 

I think they just don't bother about the away tops until the last minute.

"For as long as I can remember, all I wanted in my life, nothing else, was to play for Hearts, which is my dream team. And play for Scotland, I had no ambition for anything else. Always Hearts."

Dave Mackay

Always Hearts clearly has a meaning!!!

Bret the Hitman Hearts

Away kit should always be a reverse of the home kit, and then if the club insist on releasing a bogging light blue or navy (or any other colour) they can make that the third kit.

1 hour ago, stewartjambo said:

"For as long as I can remember, all I wanted in my life, nothing else, was to play for Hearts, which is my dream team. And play for Scotland, I had no ambition for anything else. Always Hearts."

Dave Mackay

Always Hearts clearly has a meaning!!!

Oops, I thought it was only Hearts, apologies

3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

It's funny how people differ with opinions on the kits.  That 2010/11 away kit is possibly my least favourite away kit in my lifetime, and the only one that could give it a run for it's money was the season before:

hearts-09-away-tags_3.jpg

The home shirt was just as stinking, and I'm pretty sure that was the year we had HOMFC on the socks :vrface: 

I think this is the best away kit we've had in years:

hearts-17-18-away-kit.jpg

Maybe more suited to a 3rd kit though.  Would like to see us have a shot at a white away kit again, but it doesn't necessarily have to just be an inverted version of the home shirt.  Would like to see a bit of design go into them.

The Sparta Praga shirts show how a nice simple design can be classy as, but I think we'd hear no end of moaning on here if the away shirt was just the reverse of the away shirt.

PhoenixHearts
51 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Maybe more suited to a 3rd kit though.  Would like to see us have a shot at a white away kit again, but it doesn't necessarily have to just be an inverted version of the home shirt.  Would like to see a bit of design go into them.

The Sparta Praga shirts show how a nice simple design can be classy as, but I think we'd hear no end of moaning on here if the away shirt was just the reverse of the away shirt.

Really liked the embossed brickwork pattern on that shirt. Just wasn't much a fan raspberry ice pole colour. 

And honestly I'd forgot Rory Currie existed.

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

I don't think there would be as much moaning though, I reckon more fans than not prefer a simple classy reverse of the home. Wouldn't have to be an exact reverse though, only in the colour sense. Could be a different style and design

2 minutes ago, Chimp said:

I don't think there would be as much moaning though, I reckon more fans than not prefer a simple classy reverse of the home. Wouldn't have to be an exact reverse though, only in the colour sense. Could be a different style and design

I don't really like the reverse away tops. 

Heart of Midlothian 15-16 Kits Released - Footy Headlines

Edited by Stu_HMFC

3 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I don't really like the reverse away tops. 

Heart of Midlothian 15-16 Kits Released - Footy Headlines

Look at the design of it though, even the home one is horrible. Not a good example lol

1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Look at the design of it though, even the home one is horrible. Not a good example lol

Umbro would have a better template than puma have. I wouldn't mind the home and away tops being like this. 

Just Maroon but two different shades of maroon and the pinstripe through the darker one ? And then the away top being white same design with maybe light grey for the darker stripes. 

MND Scotland on both tops too. 

2021-2022 Aston Villa Home Shirt

Umbro will only produce kits in large amounts, by this date into the current season, probably 95% of interested buyers would have purchased the product already, so Hearts would be left to pay the bill for a stock that they would only be selling if heavily discounted.

On 08/02/2022 at 18:05, tian447 said:

This one?

hmfckeeperkit.png

I have no idea where I even got hold of it, as I'm pretty sure it wasn't available in the shop - the bright blue one was!

I was very much :greggy: when it fit me 17 years ago :lol:  It's a boys XL size (the badge is tiny compared to the adults sizes)

That's the one! A thing of beauty it is. I think he also wore it in our European games?

Samuel Camazzola
7 hours ago, tian447 said:

It's funny how people differ with opinions on the kits.  That 2010/11 away kit is possibly my least favourite away kit in my lifetime, and the only one that could give it a run for it's money was the season before:

hearts-09-away-tags_3.jpg

The home shirt was just as stinking, and I'm pretty sure that was the year we had HOMFC on the socks :vrface: 

That was the second season with Hummel (2006/07). We had white socks with the home kit and maroon with the away.