• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Victorian

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

England should have won that game. Eddie Jones has created this 'we're starting again' thing so suppose its expected to lose games. 

Unfortunatley for England an act of blatant cheating cost them - and that is fitting. 

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Gizmo said:

That referee was massive at the end. 

Said he had to be wise to the penalty. Fortunately he was

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

****ing commentors/BBC gutted we've won 🤣

Always very tricky the media response to an England defeat. Especially when they all bummed them up pre tournament. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Wonder boy missed an easy kick and they bottled the kick to draw. 

he was best player on the pitch tbf and yeah, they should have taken the draw

Malinga the Swinga

I quite like Brian Moore. He calls it pretty straight and summed it up at the end with 'look at the scoreboard'.

Our strength in depth has got better in last year, and front row subs were excellent.

Russell is a cool dude these days and his game management is class. Used to worry when he dithered about but now, he just looks so confident and composed.

Now, can we go to Wales and stuff them? I say yes, we can and will.

6 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

That referee was massive at the end. 

Nope, a massive prick. England kept pulling the scrum down, he knew what they were trying to do, and didn't penalise them.

It's easy to forget but Russell's brilliance led to the penalty try.  The two crossfield kicks were sheer class.  Maybe that's enough to deserve the win.

Malinga the Swinga
39 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

played well today. Pissed on Russell

You think? Personally the guy who played whole game, was ice cool with kicks and managed the game was better than the guy who shat his kick and created nothing.

The pack made his try and any decent back scores the try.

Smith can't tackle, can't control game and deserved what he got, which was nothing.

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's easy to forget but Russell's brilliance led to the penalty try.  The two crossfield kicks were sheer class.  Maybe that's enough to deserve the win.

Helluva kick.

All roads lead to Gorgie

It's satisfying to know we got this emotionally charged game out of the way and we can play a whole lot better.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
23 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I quite like Brian Moore. He calls it pretty straight and summed it up at the end with 'look at the scoreboard'.

Our strength in depth has got better in last year, and front row subs were excellent.

Russell is a cool dude these days and his game management is class. Used to worry when he dithered about but now, he just looks so confident and composed.

Now, can we go to Wales and stuff them? I say yes, we can and will.

Agree with this, think Moore is alright. Russell was key when it mattered. Would love to batter Wales in Cardiff

Dusk_Till_Dawn
19 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You think? Personally the guy who played whole game, was ice cool with kicks and managed the game was better than the guy who shat his kick and created nothing.

The pack made his try and any decent back scores the try.

Smith can't tackle, can't control game and deserved what he got, which was nothing.

Looks good to me. I didn’t understand taking him off. Russell only really came into his own late on but in fairness that was when it mattered 

Just now, graygo said:

Redeemed 😄

:D I'm so fickle. That bloody referee was irritating the tits off me though. It's one of the reasons I find it difficult to watch rugby - the infringements are much less clear cut than in football, often several going on at the same time, and the number of points you get from a penalty are too high compared to those you get for a try, so games can easily be decided on penalties. So a bad or picky referee and it almost becomes random who wins.

jack D and coke
28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That could be a big win for Scotland. 

The sort of game they have always lost in the past. 

Yeah just said same to my brother. I’ve lost count of the matches we’ve lost when we really should’ve won in the past. England I felt can count themselves a little bit unfortunate but for once the little breaks went our way. 
Not the best game quality wise but a fantastic game and spectacle nonetheless. 

10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:D I'm so fickle. That bloody referee was irritating the tits off me though. It's one of the reasons I find it difficult to watch rugby - the infringements are much less clear cut than in football, often several going on at the same time, and the number of points you get from a penalty are too high compared to those you get for a try, so games can easily be decided on penalties. So a bad or picky referee and it almost becomes random who wins.

I agree, a bit like corners in football where a referee can always find a foul in favour of either team.

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

I agree, a bit like corners in football where a referee can always find a foul in favour of either team.

He made some strange/harsh decisions. 
It’s always hard to see it impartially when you’re so invested though I suppose. 
It’s mostly us on the wrong end of them it feels but we got there today. 
Scotland has good teams atm…bizarre :lol: 

Fxxx the SPFL
52 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Overall Scotland were poor - probably the worse they have played in years but they found a way to win this match despite being second best

Correct I thought we were pish but always good to put one over them

2 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Couldn’t give to flecks about rugby normally. 

but GIRFUY England. 

:pleasing: 

I'm like that with tiddlywinks, would be jumping about like a maddie if we beat them at that as well. 😄

2 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

Amazing recent record against England with 3 wins and a draw in the last 5. Just 3 wins in 27 years before that.

It should have been 5 wins from 5 really.  

33 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Agree with this, think Moore is alright. Russell was key when it mattered. Would love to batter Wales in Cardiff

I like Moore, he's very honest and straightforward and I've long since forgiven him for saying "the Murrayfield crowd are the most ignorant in the world" - or words to that effect. 

The Wales game is massive - and winnable. 

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I like Moore, he's very honest and straightforward and I've long since forgiven him for saying "the Murrayfield crowd are the most ignorant in the world" - or words to that effect. 

The Wales game is massive - and winnable. 

Not beat them in Cardiff for 20 years - it's time

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Is that right? Jeez it’s time we sorted that out. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Lived down here since 2004. I echo these sentiments. With ****ing bells on.

Old taffys got a roasting today which was surprising. When are we down there? Next game?

11 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I was there when we humped them 34-18 back in 1982, it was 20 years since we beat them before that in 1962.

It's happening. 👍

Malinga the Swinga
15 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

To be fair, we beat them in Wales about 18 months ago, when it was played behind closed doors. Wasn't in Cardiff though.

jack D and coke
Just now, graygo said:

Next Saturday.

Excellent. I’ve been down a couple of times for the rugby and it’s a phenomenal weekend. Seem to remember that being the start of the lockdown nightmare couple of years ago…
Lets hope we sort those leek munchers right out next week. They’ve had it coming from us. 

2 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Cheer up Eddie Jones 😁

I can't stand the prick, but tbh he was fair in his interview afterward and congratulated Scotland without making any excuses.

2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Hogg nearly gave the match away there and then

Due to the new laws, he made the right choice in trying to stop the ball going out of bounds as it would have been a lineout to England 5 yards out, but it was heart in mouth when he slapped the ball back and the England player was bearing down on it. He did well to recover from that though and keep the ball for Scotland.

All roads lead to Gorgie
7 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

I can't stand the prick, but tbh he was fair in his interview afterward and congratulated Scotland without making any excuses.

I know a lot of his pre-match stuff is just to wind up the opposition. He is a character that's a given but he's still a prick. He was gracious in defeat, not sure sour face Farrell would have been if he had played though😉

1 hour ago, graygo said:

I was there when we humped them 34-18 back in 1982, it was 20 years since we beat them before that in 1962.

It's happening. 👍

Nice one, so was I in the upper terrace behind the goal.  We got in the dressing room after the match too. :look: