Toby Sibbick

vegas-voss

So our new signing has he done well at Barnsley as I only know him from the game and a bit he played for us.

Hopefully a great signing.

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

So our new signing has he done well at Barnsley as I only know him from the game and a bit he played for us.

Hopefully a great signing.

And the first Tony award goes to… 🤣

• davemclaren changed the title to Toby Sibbick
7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Cheers although I can take my error on the chin 🤣👍

Hopefully in the pocket too🤣

I have just seen this news, I’m delighted with this one. I remember being really disappointed after he left first time round, all of my mates thought this one was a lost opportunity at the time, his debut was brilliant, my memory of the Rangers game, was he was very mobile, had great feet, and the thing that really stuck out was his composure. Really chuffed he has signed, welcome back big man!,

Hopefully going to be good signing.   He was brilliant in previous debut but with Barnsley bottom of their league and happy to have Toby depart I wonder what the issue is.

4 minutes ago, Arry said:

Hopefully going to be good signing.   He was brilliant in previous debut but with Barnsley bottom of their league and happy to have Toby depart I wonder what the issue is.

I didn't even know where they were in the league.Really not got a clue how he was doing until about 30 mins when I had a wee look on twitter.Seems the Barnsley fans are baffled that he hasn't been featuring for them.

Glad we are now signing proper Hearts class players. We have endured years of poor players.

Sibbick will leave here for serious cash in a few years. Unless we **** up like we have with Soapy 

15 minutes ago, Arry said:

All the answers are on the transfer thread.

8 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I didn't even know where they were in the league.Really not got a clue how he was doing until about 30 mins when I had a wee look on twitter.Seems the Barnsley fans are baffled that he hasn't been featuring for them.

They are currently bottom of the Championship on 14 points after 26 games. 8 points behind Reading who are 4th bottom.

• 1 month later...

See when he was here the first time he was excellent as that sitting midfielder, returned to Barnsley and suddenly a centre back, he’s been quite pish for us at CB…. could he be that replacement for Beni if he’s out for a while?

Sibbick is still very raw. He was thrown in at a bad time when souttar and halkett were injured. Not a commanding cb but would probably do a good job beside say halkett in a 3 or as Barnsley used him at right back. 

We know he can play cm think the lad has just lost a bit of confidence after ibrox 

His confidence looks shot and he can't wait to get rid of the ball as soon as he touches it.  He looks a bit like a fish out of water just now no matter where plays 

Rick Sanchez
3 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

This guys not a CB for me. Was good first time round in the DM role. 

Aye, this. He's not even offensively capable. We've basically signed what we already had...he can always cover at CB.

He's a Haring replacement IMO.

Jambo in Bathgate
23 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Probably going to play the Beni role until our boy is back.

It’s a possibility that he wasn’t brought in to play centre back other than in an emergency. Unfortunately with Souttar and Halkett out he had to play there with little understanding of partners. I think he is here to replace Haring who looks like moving on in the summer. His cameo today showed as with the Rangers cup game that midfield is the place for him. 

Right sided defender.  Needs to settle down with training.  Will replace Souttar if he can fit in the defence.

colinmaroon
11 hours ago, tazhearts said:

His confidence looks shot and he can't wait to get rid of the ball as soon as he touches it.  He looks a bit like a fish out of water just now no matter where plays 

Not my impression in his brief cameo yesterday.

colinmaroon
6 hours ago, Barack said:

Daniel Stendel's got a lot to answer for.

Sending us a poor Ryan Porteous, for one.

So that's  Elvis and Zal out early doors from Tynecasyle then.

NOTHING like Porteous!  For starters, he's not a tube.

11 hours ago, Armageddon said:

See when he was here the first time he was excellent as that sitting midfielder, returned to Barnsley and suddenly a centre back, he’s been quite pish for us at CB…. could he be that replacement for Beni if he’s out for a while?

The poor guy arrived and was thrown into the team as a makeshift replacement for Souttar just at a time when we were in a bit of a playing slump.

Robbie is doing the right thing by introducing him into the team gradually now and I am sure he will be a good player for us although maybe not at CB.

7 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

It’s a possibility that he wasn’t brought in to play centre back other than in an emergency. Unfortunately with Souttar and Halkett out he had to play there with little understanding of partners. I think he is here to replace Haring who looks like moving on in the summer. His cameo today showed as with the Rangers cup game that midfield is the place for him. 

Robbie has already stated that he wants to sign two Centre Backs in the summer so I would imagine that will be to allow Kingsley to play at LWB and get forward more. 

So it is unlikely that Sibbick will be playing as a first choice CB more likely in midfield.

I would be very comfortable seeing him play alongside Haring in CM/CDM if Beni is out for a while. 

The laddie has a lot of versatility. Could also sub in for Atkinson if Smith is out and we need to rest him. 

13 hours ago, tazhearts said:

Couldnt disagree more 🤷‍♂️

Must have been the Morretti and sun on my napper but I thought Sibbick was fine for as long as he was on.

Edited by DETTY29

5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Robbie has already stated that he wants to sign two Centre Backs in the summer so I would imagine that will be to allow Kingsley to play at LWB and get forward more. 

So it is unlikely that Sibbick will be playing as a first choice CB more likely in midfield.

My thoughts exactly. Perhaps he was bought in January to stand in at centre back just in case Soutter moved to Rangers with possibly a long term future as Haring's replacement should he not sign a new contract? All guesswork and I may be well off the mark, but regardless I think that he will prove to be a good signing. 

3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Must have been the Morretti and sun on my napper but I thought Sibbick was fine for as long as he was on.

Agree - confident and at ease. That’s the player we want to see grow in the maroon jersey 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, wavydavy said:

The poor guy arrived and was thrown into the team as a makeshift replacement for Souttar just at a time when we were in a bit of a playing slump.

Robbie is doing the right thing by introducing him into the team gradually now and I am sure he will be a good player for us although maybe not at CB.

Definitely more likely to be a Haring alternative/long term replacement rather than a Souttar replacement for me. Think Robbie has also said we'll still be looking for at least one CB.

Looked O.K. as a replacement for Andy Halliday late on yesterday.  The defensive midfield role seems to suit his game better. 

He'll improve with game time.  Atkinson's defensive display yesterday was a good example of how that works.

jamboinglasgow
4 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Looked O.K. as a replacement for Andy Halliday late on yesterday.  The defensive midfield role seems to suit his game better. 

He'll improve with game time.  Atkinson's defensive display yesterday was a good example of how that works.

One of these days fans will learn, just because a players has early poor performances doesn't mean they will always be poor.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That says "Toby Sibbick can come in and play centre midfield" which reads as though he is capable of playing there, not that he is viewed as a CM

29 minutes ago, RS86 said:

That says "Toby Sibbick can come in and play centre midfield" which reads as though he is capable of playing there, not that he is viewed as a CM

I think the poster I am referring to said he was signed as a midfielder who could come in and cover defence and was not the planned replacement for Souttar but could fill in there in emergencies

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I think the poster I am referring to said he was signed as a midfielder who could come in and cover defence and was not the planned replacement for Souttar but could fill in there in emergencies

Got you 👍

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

That was my point in digging it this thread out, I thought he was immense in that role during his first stint with us. Hopefully time for him to cement his place in the team and also that role.

7 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

That was my point in digging it this thread out, I thought he was immense in that role during his first stint with us. Hopefully time for him to cement his place in the team and also that role.

Yeah he looked really good in that role I thought it is all just about proving it over enough time same as not panning him completely when he gets thrown in at CB

It's tough for players coming into a side that had been playing well, to then come in and replace injured players in a system and personnel they are not familiar with. He has struggled at centre back, notably at Ibrox where the entire back line was a shambles to be honest. However give him time, he has the raw tools to be a decent player for us. As others have said, defensive midfield role might suit him better at the moment. 

Hopefully we get Souttar and Devlin back for the semi final, both massive players for us. 

Sibbick will be a great player for us once he's actually had time to settle & learn the system, chucked in to a makeshift defense the way he was isn't a great indicator of how his Hearts career will go