Neilson ( merged )

jamborich

2 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Hopefully the board do not make that mistake

Would come with greater expectations and more ambitious targets of course.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Watt-Zeefuik

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

🤣 it was the referee bit I was referring to. I must do better

😳👍

3 hours ago, jambo-rocker said:

I said this in the Scots in Europe thread and I'll say it here.

I know that Bodo/Glimt are an exception, but their budget isn't that much higher than ours. If there is a 'mythical next level' for teams like Hearts to aim for, they're proof of it being possible. They're in pre-season and they still went to Glasgow and battered a good Celtic team FFS

Bodo/Glimt along with Union SG in Belgium disprove the Robbie fan boys theory that money is the only factor in winning the League.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Hopefully the board do not make that mistake

Hopefully as soon as 3rd is confirmed the board act quickly and tie him down. 

We must see what he can build here and avoid the mistakes of the past and quite frankly avoid what our rivals are going through right now as the flail about in the dark trying to patch things together so they have a resemblance of a plan. 

The board  must not entertain a loud, but small band of discontents and cannot let him leave as easy as last time as it Litterally cost us 5 years of progress. 

We_are_the_Hearts
4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Hopefully as soon as 3rd is confirmed the board act quickly and tie him down. 

We must see what he can build here and avoid the mistakes of the past and quite frankly avoid what our rivals are going through right now as the flail about in the dark trying to patch things together so they have a resemblance of a plan. 

The board  must not entertain a loud, but small band of discontents and cannot let him leave as easy as last time as it Litterally cost us 5 years of progress. 

Tie him down? Who is going to want him? He has already failed down South. A rolling 12 month contract is sufficient 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Tie him down? Who is going to want him? He has already failed down South. A rolling 12 month contract is sufficient 

3 year deal, pay rise. 

Let's keep building. 

Never gonna keep or attract the best with 12 month rolling contracts. 

Ridiculous notion. 

Thankfully it is  one the board won't entertain with Bob or any manager. 

Worst idea I've heard for a while on here Tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Bodo/Glimt along with Union SG in Belgium disprove the Robbie fan boys theory that money is the only factor in winning the League.

No one said its ONLY money. 

You made that up - why? 

The fan boys are correct that it's a big factor, as many more leagues will prove but it's not the only factor. 

Making up lies to have wee passive aggressive digs - tut tut. 

Not angry, just disappointed. 

We_are_the_Hearts
5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

3 year deal, pay rise. 

Let's keep building. 

Ridiculous notion. 

You talk complete shite lol. Take a day off Tosh. Hearts are the biggest gig Neilson will get. Thank **** these decisions aren’t made by people like yersel. Would cost us a fortune in compensation 

Hammerofthehibs
2 hours ago, King prawn said:

We’re 10 points clear In February with our closest rivals in free fall- I’m not overly concerned. We were never going to play all 38 games this season playing fantastic football. 

But we do need to be getting either 4 or 6 points from next 2 away’s cannot afford to drop points need to be going into the split with game over for 3rd place and a platform for Scottish cup success and a confident feeling for European football next season and to build a better team for next season. Incoming players should be queuing up to put on the maroon….

We_are_the_Hearts
7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

3 year deal, pay rise. 

Let's keep building. 

Ridiculous notion. 

The best lol. Robbie is now the best haha. If we did attract a top manager then the contract would be worth increasing but as I say 12 month rolling is sufficient for Robbie

7 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Your desperation for Robbie and therefore Hearts to fail really knows no bounds, mitch.

😳

Failure is in the eye of the beholder and I thrive to see Hearts win every game unlike some who refuse to acknowledge that our Robbie is out of his depth.

The best lol. Robbie is now the best haha. If we did attract a top manager then the contract would be worth increasing but as I say 12 month rolling is sufficient for Robbie

I doubt the board shares your opinion, at present anyway. 

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, davemclaren said:

I doubt the board shares your opinion, at present anyway. 

Like I said he won’t be going anywhere, no one bigger than Hearts would want him. Be foolish to Chuck more money and time than is needed. He has time to turn it around but they will be noticing the lack of enthusiasm and feel good despite where we are sitting. How many tickets have we sold for tomorrow? We had 3 stands up there last time for a midweek game

6 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

How many crayons did you eat while typing that nonesense? 

There is no helping those who cannot see. Wake up and stop sleepwalking to Hearts games because you must be dreaming our Robbie know what he's doing.

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Failure is in the eye of the beholder and I thrive to see Hearts win every game unlike some who refuse to acknowledge that our Robbie is out of his depth.

If I win the Euromillions Mitch I’ll appoint you as manager. 

6 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

He has previous for this tbf. We’ll see how it pans out I suppose but I fancy with St. J injuries we will sneak a 0-1.

Fingers crossed. 

Like I said he won’t be going anywhere, no one bigger than Hearts would want him. Be foolish to Chuck more money and time than is needed. He has time to turn it around but they will be noticing the lack of enthusiasm and feel good despite where we are sitting. How many tickets have we sold for tomorrow? We had 3 stands up there last time for a midweek game

No idea how many tickets we have sold though the time of year, possible weather and recent poor form will certainly have taken a hit. Such is the way of football, even with ‘top managers’.  

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

All that pent-up seethe has been stirring for so long these people must be about to explode.

They kept making predictions and setting targets:

- Season ticket sales would bomb

- We would struggle at the start of the season.

- We would be bottom six and fighting relegation 

All this so the can go "see - I was right about him all along". :rofl:

100%

It's there purpose on this forum now-to say your last sentence. 

They are bursting to say it. 

3 hours ago, jambo-rocker said:

I know that Bodo/Glimt are an exception, but their budget isn't that much higher than ours. If there is a 'mythical next level' for teams like Hearts to aim for, they're proof of it being possible. They're in pre-season and they still went to Glasgow and battered a good Celtic team FFS

Good sentiment, but-

Check the euro money they will have got last few seasons while we were in the championship and bottom of the top league. 

Also, Check the Norwegian TV deal money. 

They also play each other twice.. I think. 

I agree with the general point and they do offer hope but even they ( I think) got promoted in 2013, finished 2nd in 2019 then won it. 

It's not happened over night. 

Long term steady progression, more and more  evenly split  TV money, play each other twice, European money.... 

We're on the first step of that ladder, doing well and because some folk are impatient arseholes  and some hate our manager they want to rip everything up and start again. 

****ing melts. 

Putting themselves being right ahead of what is best for the club.

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

If I win the Euromillions Mitch I’ll appoint you as manager. 

Thanks but my dodgy knees can't handle kicking buts. But seriously we all know the majority of Hearts fans want a management that is up to the job of managing Hearts. 

We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No idea how many tickets we have sold though the time of year, possible weather and recent poor form will certainly have taken a hit. Such is the way of football, even with ‘top managers’.  

Weather and time of year are bollocks and you know that. If Hearts were playing well the fans go. Always been the way. Ticket sales are a barometer of how the fans feel, not extremists squabbling on a fans forum. The feel good factor has gone and the board will be aware. Like I said Robbie has acknowledged it and has time to turn it around 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

There is no helping those who cannot see. Wake up and stop sleepwalking to Hearts games because you must be dreaming our Robbie know what he's doing.

You make less and less sense the more you try to talk in riddles. 

You have little facts or substance so resort to slavering more pish than the usual rabids. Fair enough

Must be shite not being able to enjoy us being 3rd, cup qf and European football incoming. 

If you can't enjoy that, then I guess you'll never enjoy Hearts much, if at all. 

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

100%

It's there purpose on this forum now-to say your last sentence. 

They are bursting to say it. 

Good sentiment, but-

Check the euro money they will have got last few seasons while we were in the championship and bottom of the top league. 

Also, Check the Norwegian TV deal money. 

They also play each other twice.. I think. 

I agree with the general point and they do offer hope but even they ( I think) got promoted in 2013, finished 2nd in 2019 then won it. 

It's not happened over night. 

Long term steady progression, more and more  evenly split  TV money, play each other twice, European money.... 

We're on the first step of that ladder, doing well and because some folk are impatient arseholes  and some hate our manager they want to rip everything up and start again. 

****ing melts. 

Putting themselves being right ahead of what is best for the club.

Dear Bazzas this is for you.

By hook or by crook I'll be last on this subject.

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You make less and less sense the more you try to talk in riddles. 

You have little facts or substance so resort to slavering more pish than the usual rabids. Fair enough

Must be shite not being able to enjoy us being 3rd, cup qf and European football incoming. 

If you can't enjoy that, then I guess you'll never enjoy Hearts much, if at all. 

Cheer up wee man life is good but it's much better when Hearts win playing attractive, competitive, intelligent football.

8 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Weather and time of year are bollocks and you know that. If Hearts were playing well the fans go. Always been the way. Ticket sales are a barometer of how the fans feel, not extremists squabbling on a fans forum. The feel good factor has gone and the board will be aware. Like I said Robbie has acknowledged it and has time to turn it around 

Weather and time of year is the reason I’m planning not to go, so I would disagree. 

19 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

sunset beach - insert meaningless random inspirational quote

We_are_the_Hearts
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Weather and time of year is the reason I’m planning not to go, so I would disagree. 

If Hearts were top of the league you would be there. Just an excuse for folk.

3 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I doubt it but have it your own way. 😄

4 hours ago, jambo-rocker said:

There highest earner is on 2k a week.... the top 100 players in the league get a combined salary of over 200k a week 🤣 I looked it up last night 

41 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

36 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I doubt it but have it your own way. 😄

Of course, I might change my mind tomorrow and go anyway. 😎

Ex member of the SaS
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

This post smacks of desperation

What have I to be desperate over? You really are the biscuit.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Failure is not accomplishing your goals.

Robbie is going above and beyond the goals he was set therefore by a forensic examination of your post the conclusion is, your wafffling 100% pish . . Once again.

16 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

What have I to be desperate over? You really are the biscuit.

Desperate to make the case that Robbie's not doing a good job on the flimsiest of evidence.

Big Slim Stylee
On 18/02/2022 at 14:07, We_are_the_Hearts said:

It’s insane🙁 We all know he’s ok. But that’s it? He’s just ok ffs!😀

Rudi cant fail

Fail to win today and it’s 1 win from 6 in the league without any clear signs of improvement. If things don’t improve results/performance wise then we should be looking at things in the summer. I agree with Robbie that we need to look at the bigger picture, which is exactly why we should be reviewing the season as a whole. 
If we are going backwards under his stewardship and it doesn’t look like he has the tactical nous to get us moving forward again we should look at replacing him

13 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

Fail to win today and it’s 1 win from 6 in the league without any clear signs of improvement. If things don’t improve results/performance wise then we should be looking at things in the summer. I agree with Robbie that we need to look at the bigger picture, which is exactly why we should be reviewing the season as a whole. 
If we are going backwards under his stewardship and it doesn’t look like he has the tactical nous to get us moving forward again we should look at replacing him

But but but we are third and in the quarter final. We are lucky to have Robbie. 

Fans that accept mediocrity are a huge problem for this club and hold us back as much as terrible decisions off the park. 

We are Hearts and we are a big club and I expect a siege mentality to hammer every team that comes our way and if we don’t we go down fighting. 

The happy clappers need to wake up….now. 

2 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

Fans that accept mediocrity are a huge problem for this club and hold us back as much as terrible decisions off the park. 

We are Hearts and we are a big club and I expect a siege mentality to hammer every team that comes our way and if we don’t we go down fighting. 

Great post

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

This.

SomethingAboutObua

The biggest problem with sacking Neilson is the same folk calling for his sacking and wanting a USG/Bodo manager type don't understand or accept they'd need a season, maybe 2, to move us from where we are now. I'm open to us trying to get someone in that in the long term could challenge at the top, but there's no chance these loud voices that aren't happy with us 3rd and in a quarter final would give any time to some unknown from the continent 

Just realised USG are owned by the billionaire that owns Brighton as well, so that's the out the "it doesn't take money" conversation 

Edited by SomethingAboutObua