Neilson ( merged )

jamborich

kingantti1874
Just now, merseyjambo said:

What exactly is unsubstantiated- the fact that he plays the ball across the park and more of then than not teams are able to pack in making them harder to break down.

The fact that Doddie brought a load of youngsters into the team and developed them, something that Bob hasn’t done.

The fact that 7 of our 10 outfield players which start most games are defenders or defensively minded. 

I support the team, I just don’t have to think that the manager is the best think since sliced bread. 

So what are the other teams doing I mean! We create more chances and score more goals than anyone outside the old firm don’t we .. 

have you for a second though that teams sit in forcing us to go sideways becuase of the threat we possess.. I mean DUFC came to have a go and we didn’t play sideways much at all did we.. 

there are 2 teams on the pitch

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Watt-Zeefuik

kingantti1874
Just now, The Grim Reaper said:

It wasn’t me that compared Neilson to Klopp. 

I reserve the right to laugh at anyone suggesting we can “easily” trade up for someone who will materially improve us.. if that’s not you I apologise.

8 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

He’d only gone 63 matches unbeaten at home prior to that playing with style, aggression and panache, scoring 166 goals. Surprising the fans went easy on him. 

I was merely pointing out that far better teams than Hearts can lose to bottom  half teams and Liverpool did that spectacularly a year ago when losing 6 home league matches in a row.

The Grim Reaper
3 minutes ago, Lido said:

I was merely pointing out that far better teams than Hearts can lose to bottom  half teams and Liverpool did that spectacularly a year ago when losing 6 home league matches in a row.

It’s not the fact that we are losing matches like this, it is the manner in which we lose them. 

36 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s as if there is some collective case of ****ing amnesia .. and the past ****ing 15 years haven’t happened isnt it..

we tried all sorts of managers you gormless morons and they have been 50 shades of ****ing pish.. embarrassed the club from top to bottom in their own unique way.  Absolutely no one is laughing at us now! We are the third best team in the country.. ! Room for improvement ? Absolutely but more whole sale change? **** me

Who is this mystical ****ing manager who will do a better job becuase I’m not aware of any sure things sitting back waiting for the hearts job.. I mean - why haven’t hibs or Aberdeen employed this ****ing mystery man? Given they operate on at least the same resources that we do.?

honestly. Last season I’d have had neilsons head on a spike but this season!! Clear third and clearly the 3rd best team in the league we have zero to moan about. Our ambition should be to get better year on year and that it.

Hard to argue with 😂

49 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s as if there is some collective case of ****ing amnesia .. and the past ****ing 15 years haven’t happened isnt it..

we tried all sorts of managers you gormless morons and they have been 50 shades of ****ing pish.. embarrassed the club from top to bottom in their own unique way.  Absolutely no one is laughing at us now! We are the third best team in the country.. ! Room for improvement ? Absolutely but more whole sale change? **** me

Who is this mystical ****ing manager who will do a better job becuase I’m not aware of any sure things sitting back waiting for the hearts job.. I mean - why haven’t hibs or Aberdeen employed this ****ing mystery man? Given they operate on at least the same resources that we do.?

honestly. Last season I’d have had neilsons head on a spike but this season!! Clear third and clearly the 3rd best team in the league we have zero to moan about. Our ambition should be to get better year on year and that it.

I agree with everything you are saying in your post, it is getting very Hibsy with all the reasons excuses though. Not saying you are making up anything like that, as i said i agree with your post. We have lost our way, even with top players out, we have nothing to replace like for like in our CH positions. Our midfield is like Russian roulette , way to nice V the opposition and  each other.  I was severely pissed off after the game, raging in fact. I don't even know who to blame, look like a collective effort to **** things up. I've written some amount of dog shit on Robbie, the reality is he needs to buck things up or **** off.

Edited by Factuer Moi

3 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

It’s not the fact that we are losing matches like this, it is the manner in which we lose them. 

Tend to agree with you on that one. On Wednesday we were in control by half time. Decent but not brilliant. Second half Dundee with much more determined attitude got into the game. Now you can say Neilson should take some of the blame for this but the players have to take more responsibility to change things as well. Maybe time for Gordon to be relieved of the captaincy and get someone else further up the pitch to get the players  going?

We_are_the_Hearts
24 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

So what are the other teams doing I mean! We create more chances and score more goals than anyone outside the old firm don’t we .. 

have you for a second though that teams sit in forcing us to go sideways becuase of the threat we possess.. I mean DUFC came to have a go and we didn’t play sideways much at all did we.. 

there are 2 teams on the pitch

We knew what Dundee would do, the same as the last time. Makes the 7 defensive minded players selection even more bizarre 

The Grim Reaper
1 minute ago, Factuer Moi said:

I agree with everything you are saying in your post, it is getting very Hibsy with all the reasons excuses though. Not saying you are making up anything like that, as i said i agree with your post. We have lost our way, even with top players out, we have nothing to replace like for like in our CH positions. Our midfield is like Russian roulade, way to nice V the opposition and  each other.  I was severely pissed off after the game, raging in fact. I don't even know who to blame, look like a collective effort to **** things up. I've written some amount of dog shit on Robbie, the reality is he needs to buck thing up or **** off.

😂 Made me laugh. 

2 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

😂 Made me laugh. 

I quickly changed it. 

a dish cooked or served in the form of a roll, typically made from a flat piece of meat, fish, or sponge, spread with a soft filling and rolled up into a spiral.

OIP (13).jpg

Edited by Factuer Moi

Just now, Des Lynam said:

The midfield has played like a boozy dessert that last couple of games. 

Russian roulade, it is then

The Wrinkly Ninja
2 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

😂 Made me laugh. 

The Swiss roll tactic with Joaquin Adão wasn’t effective either.

Maybe we need to get Eggert Johnson and Tommi Grönlund back.

4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

My student and creative writing days are in the past, and in the past they will remain. 

Your advice  is duly noted and it was  given the consideration it deserved. 

Facts are sacred. Well worth your consideration.

7 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

The Swiss roll tactic with Joaquin Adão wasn’t effective either.

Maybe we need to get Eggert Johnson and Tommi Grönlund back.

We need to get a grip, stop posing being nice.  Dundee have a fat ***** showing our players up, that ***** fought for his side, is a cheeky cheating *******. Showed us up though. 

On 10/02/2022 at 14:13, Jim Panzee said:

thought you'd said the backroom staff had left weeks ago?

or was that wishful thinking.

didn't see anyone suggesting this cull when we were winning and accumulating the points to see us 10 points clear in 3rd....

Your a 3rd gadgy, 3rd 3rd 3rd wins you nothing. Or maybe a wee trip to the back of beyond.

On 10/02/2022 at 14:30, davemclaren said:

No one can deny that’s certainly your opinion. 

And my opinion has never been wrong regarding management of our team.

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Your a 3rd gadgy, 3rd 3rd 3rd wins you nothing. Or maybe a wee trip to the back of beyond.

I'm also guilty of wearing the Third gadgy tag, rapping in now though. Terrible patter after the recent performances

On 10/02/2022 at 14:52, Des Lynam said:

Ah the blame Ann game. Did she dither in getting rid of Stendel and making sure we steadied the ship? The last two results have been poor but calling for his head is madness. 

Stendal was a stand up guy and he improved the players but the damage had already been done by Levein so there.

Ann knows Levein was not the right guy but being the blue eyed teachers favourite he got away with it for too long. Neilson walked out on Hearts during a season which he thought was a career move. Well that worked out well for him at MKDons. 🥴

On 10/02/2022 at 15:11, Nookie Bear said:

Is Alex Neil really all that much better than what we have?

Would you raise your expectations if he did join us? 2nd or sacked? At least one win in Glasgow or sacked? Take 10 points a season off hibs or sacked? Do you really believe Neil has that in him?

I dunno, you tell me. You've obviously assessed his management style, his tactical approach, are aware of his man-management skills and his record in the transfer market.

I have no issue with Robbie leaving because everyone has a shelf life but Alex Neil is treated on here like some sort of Messiah whereas he is in fact about to go to the same job Jack Ross had.

We can do better than Robbie and i really hope we can do better than Alex Neil.

You need to write all your questions down on a slate and bury them up Arthur's Seat then go and dig it up in 30 years time and have a good laugh at what your questions were. 

9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Stendal was a stand up guy and he improved the players but the damage had already been done by Levein so there.

Ann knows Levein was not the right guy but being the blue eyed teachers favourite he got away with it for too long. Neilson walked out on Hearts during a season which he thought was a career move. Well that worked out well for him at MKDons. 🥴

I met Daniel one rainy night in Edinburgh, big smile on his face . Had a walk an chat. He was never going to do it with Us

11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You need to write all your questions down on a slate and bury them up Arthur's Seat then go and dig it up in 30 years time and have a good laugh at what your questions were. 

That will give you time to come up with a funnier response 👍🏻

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

👏👏👏👏nice calm collected post that’s says it exactly as it is. 

30 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Never known you to give an opinion regarding management of our team.  It’s always a constant criticism regardless of who is in the post.  That’s not opinion. 

WheatfieldWarrior
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yep.

I don't see to much to worry about with the results either.  We have just played Rangers, Celtic and Hibs nearly back to back, if we are going to drop points, then that's where we will  do it.  The next of the next 8 planned games only 2 of these are against top 6 clubs, St Mirren (A) and Dundee United (H).  Bad result against Dundee, yes, but the form will sort itself out.

2 hours ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

I suppose to the binary thinker anything that doesn’t conform to the black and white would appear to be a little fanciful.

Try as you might to fit every Hearts fan into one of your little boxes so that you can trope out your everyday insults the real world contains people with opinions that appear to be beyond your comprehension.

If people don’t agree with you, you make assumptions and attach derogatory labels. They must be a Neilson hater, they must expect us to split the old firm, they must have expected us to be in the bottom six, they must want Neilson sacked.

None of that is true. And you can’t handle that. To think otherwise to you is fantasy and you plough on by demanding that hearts fans justify why they should be expecting more.

Read your post again. You are asking a hearts fan why they think they have the right to expect more!

You don’t think Hearts fans have the right to expect more.

Do I think Hearts fans have the right to expect better than third place in our first year back after promotion? 

Only the hard of thinking would think that was ever realistic.

Dennis Reynolds
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Do I think Hearts fans have the right to expect better than third place in our first year back after promotion? 

Who has said they expect better than third after promotion? You're just making things up again.

2 hours ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Read your post again. You are asking a hearts fan why they think they have the right to expect more!

You don’t think Hearts fans have the right to expect more.

Thanks for that. My sentiments exactly. Unfortunately you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink. Or to put it another way there’s nowt so queer as folk.

15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Glad you cleared that up. Mind you I never thought you were hard of thinking. 🤪 

14 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Who has said they expect better than third after promotion? You're just making things up again.

👍👍

The Wrinkly Ninja
10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The possibility that some people may expect more without expecting that we move up a place in the league appears to be beyond your comprehension.

Hearts fans that don’t fully agree with you and have any criticism are labelled Neilson haters because in your binary world they must then want Neilson sacked immediately. Hearts fans that don’t fully agree with you and have any criticism have no right to have any expectations of change in your binary world because you think that means that they expect Hearts to finish second.

You appear to be unable to tolerate any dissonance from your black and white thinking and just fire out more insults as a result.

38 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

The possibility that some people may expect more without expecting that we move up a place in the league appears to be beyond your comprehension.

Hearts fans that don’t fully agree with you and have any criticism are labelled Neilson haters because in your binary world they must then want Neilson sacked immediately. Hearts fans that don’t fully agree with you and have any criticism have no right to have any expectations of change in your binary world because you think that means that they expect Hearts to finish second.

You appear to be unable to tolerate any dissonance from your black and white thinking and just fire out more insults as a result.

So what do you expect? Genuine question. 

6 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

We haven’t been third for a while though so need to be careful when making changes as have seen in the recent past. 

We won’t make a change anyway until 1. Neilson really fecks up big time on league position (4th or below from this position and he’s probably cost the club millions) or 2. The right man is available next summer (2023) and we let Neilson’s contract run out.

Getting beat tomorrow won’t change that no matter how

much greetin is done and even though it shuts one of the doors we need to keep open for Europe.

Edited by JimmyCant

6 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

We knew what Dundee would do, the same as the last time. Makes the 7 defensive minded players selection even more bizarre 

You can just about guess word for word what McPakes half time team talk was - “ Stop McKay, he’s the only one creating anything. Push on to their midfield pair and we’ll get at that makeshift defence”

God only knows what Neilson said

3 hours ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Conplete nonsense and more contradictions and mental contortions twisting logic to fit your own self-entitlement.

Any reasonable person will look at promotion and our current league position as steady unrefutable progress from when he took over.  Its really that sinple.

No I just have an intolerance of torn-faced bairms throwing their toys out the pram because they don't like the manager.

Hearts are sitting third despite a number of injuries and were never going to be in a better position.

4 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Glad you cleared that up. Mind you I never thought you were hard of thinking. 🤪 

:cornette:

That is the kind of comeback you expect from a toddler.

kingantti1874
12 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

with decent finishing in the first half we’d have won by 4 at least. We created plenty of chances 

13 hours ago, Factuer Moi said:

I met Daniel one rainy night in Edinburgh, big smile on his face . Had a walk an chat. He was never going to do it with Us

Why? What did he say? 

with decent finishing in the first half we’d have won by 4 at least. We created plenty of chances 

yep

We were pish though. When you compare it to some of our better games this season we were just slow and the players looked like they weren’t really up for it in the second half. I don’t want Robbie gone but I hope he’s capable of motivating the players and it’s not another collapse in form like last season. 

Edited by GinRummy

We_are_the_Hearts

We did have chances against a very poor team but it was far from

a fluent performance. And as said above it was clear to just stop McKay and you stop us. Baffling to take him off

Ex member of the SaS
16 hours ago, WageThief said:

Do you need to judge them on three games then?

No one is judging on three games. What we are basing our predictions on are all of last season and the way we entered into the last three games and the possibility of losing in the cup today. We ( I am ) making statements assuming certain things happen and commenting on the possibility of going out the cup, due to a manager who can't or won't change when things are obviously not right. Even the most srdent Robbie fan can surely see some formations and subs are bizarre to say the least

Ex member of the SaS
7 hours ago, frankblack said:

Conplete nonsense and more contradictions and mental contortions twisting logic to fit your own self-entitlement.

Any reasonable person will look at promotion and our current league position as steady unrefutable progress from when he took over.  Its really that sinple.

No I just have an intolerance of torn-faced bairms throwing their toys out the pram because they don't like the manager.

Hearts are sitting third despite a number of injuries and were never going to be in a better position.

Yes we could be in a better position. We could be three to six points higher in third and make Europe a certainty sooner. Then you claim that's the come back from a toddler yet YOU were the one calling them Bairns.

1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

We did have chances against a very poor team but it was far from

a fluent performance. And as said above it was clear to just stop McKay and you stop us. Baffling to take him off

Not for me ,he was poor 2nd half and one of his slack passes led to one of their goals

Seymour M Hersh

It's okay folks in todays soaraway sun Michael Smith is effectively saying crisis, what crisis? Not sure that will go down too well with the rank and file but hey ho! 

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, mitch41 said:

That cannot be correct. 

You were wrong about Bob the first time. You  banged on about the exact same stuff as you are now, then he left and we crashed. 

You probably also celebrated cathro when he replace Bob and backed that appointment. 

There was no way you backed Bob and warned things would or could get worse and he should stay. 

We also  got worse when CL left. 

So, again wrong there, iirc you where one of the posters that assured us things couldn't get worse,  CL worse ever, blah blah. 

Then Stendel came in and taken us bottom. 

The truth is you've actually been wrong each time. 

20 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Yes we could be in a better position. We could be three to six points higher in third and make Europe a certainty sooner. Then you claim that's the come back from a toddler yet YOU were the one calling them Bairns.

Ifs, buts maybes.

We are going to get injuries, illness and suspensions and have players off form causing us to drop points.  Our squad isn't strong enough outwith our best XI.

Third is the maximum we will finish this year or for the foreseeable future under Neilson or any other manager until we can close the financial gulf on the uglies.

Some people need to take a reality check.