• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Watt-Zeefuik

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Based on what the fact Robbie has been backed, we have a player on Loan who's on 9k a week. 

Savage has given him the player's and tools to do it, what you wanting for him to put on a coaches jacket and train them too? 

Who’s on £9k a week?

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Based on what the fact Robbie has been backed, we have a player on Loan who's on 9k a week. 

Savage has given him the player's and tools to do it, what you wanting for him to put on a coaches jacket and train them too? 

We aren't paying anyone 9 grand a week. 

We have a couple of players who would get in the Celtic or rangers team. You're absolutely deluded if you think we should be challenging them.

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

he will have to be but that’s a scenario of Hibs proportions

After tonight anything is possible! 🙈

StevenNaismith

Every single game we are outnumbered in midfield and teams have figured out they just have to press us. We don’t have a midfielder who is brave enough on the ball to take it in tight spaces and play forward passes. We are so negative apart from the front 3. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah, what's you're overall opinion on management tactics etc? 

My opinion is we should keep Neilson until I get bored of continually finishing 3rd.  Then we can have another experiment with one of your German friends and Portuguese goalkeepers.

My opinion of Neilson's tactics are pretty much based on whether it works which so far it is. I preferred watching Burley's team.  I'd rather they played like that if it's possible. The vast majority of people on here have no valid opinion about what we should do, no more than they should criticise the positional play of Ronnie O'Sullivan.  From their office job.

Can't see where McPake out thought Robbie to be honest.

Two defensive errors cost us , saying that their goalie was at fault for ours. 

Nelly Terraces

Gave the vermin their own clean sheet & a draw in their past 4 games.

Destroyed on Sunday is an embarrassing, spineless, display.

Lose at home to Dundee after being a goal ahead. The second time this season we've blown a lead at home to that shite. 

Horrific facts. Sorry Robbie, but time's up on you I'm afraid. 

Byyy The Light
4 minutes ago, WageThief said:

My opinion is we should keep Neilson until I get bored of continually finishing 3rd.  Then we can have another experiment with one of your German friends and Portuguese goalkeepers.

My opinion of Neilson's tactics are pretty much based on whether it works which so far it is. I preferred watching Burley's team.  I'd rather they played like that if it's possible. The vast majority of people on here have no valid opinion about what we should do, no more than they should criticise the positional play of Ronnie O'Sullivan.  From their office job.

Great post 👍🏼

2 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Every single game we are outnumbered in midfield and teams have figured out they just have to press us. We don’t have a midfielder who is brave enough on the ball to take it in tight spaces and play forward passes. We are so negative apart from the front 3. 

This is my issue with Neilson, especially away from home. Albeit tonight is one game I'd have said we should be able to handle with 2 in the middle. 

9 minutes ago, haj said:

Delighted we're well on course for our targeted 3rd place finish. Looking forward to european football for the first time in years. 

Short visit. 

4 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Gave the vermin their own clean sheet & a draw in their past 4 games.

Destroyed on Sunday is an embarrassing, spineless, display.

Lose at home to Dundee after being a goal ahead. The second time this season we've blown a lead at home to that shite. 

Horrific facts. Sorry Robbie, but time's up on you I'm afraid. 

Since when did being 3rd in the league become not good enough? 

5 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Talking about positional play, Boyce isn't a wide right player. Moore isn't a RWB. Play players in their natural positions like earlier on in the season and we'd see an improvement. 

7 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I agree with you although that level of pragmatism will never catch on...and that's probably for the best. 

1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

Talking about positional play, Boyce isn't a wide right player. Moore isn't a RWB. Play players in their natural positions like earlier on in the season and we'd see an improvement. 

It's all speculation after the event.  We could easily have started with Ginelly instead of Boyce and still ended up with a shite result.  It wasn't like we didn't create any chances.  Who should've played RB/RWB?  I suppose Atkinson and Smith were both out

17 minutes ago, haj said:

Delighted we're well on course for our targeted 3rd place finish. Looking forward to european football for the first time in years. 

This is another point though, the thought of Neilsons last stab at Europe still gives me the fear.

StevenNaismith

When we changed to 4 at the back, Moore should’ve went off, Sibbick out to right back where he has played loads and Kingsley alongside Souttar.

1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

We haven’t finished 3rd yet

Saying it bluntly, if Robbie messes up third at this point he will likely be on a serious hotseat. If he holds onto third he will be safe. This is a simple metric he has to perform to and although tonight was horrific it won't matter if we keep a solid hold on third as we look to now.

The chances of him going anywhere before the end of the season outwith some kind of non-football scandal are effectively nil which is a big reason all the demands for it on here are really tiresome.

NextGenerationJambo

As I have said previously, we are third mainly due to the equally pathetic performances of our closest competitors this season. Yes we have ground out results but it’s hardly been a convincing season. Even the games we have won “convincingly” leave a lot to be desired.  

A major part of a manager’s job is to motivate the players and maximise their potential. Robbie Neilson has thus far shown he is incapable of doing so. 

Football may be a results driven business but performances are far more indicative of a team’s progression. Once again we have been out-fought and out-thought. Anyone saying it’s a one off either doesn’t watch hearts on a regular basis or just doesn’t know the first thing about football. These results have been coming for a while. 

We are Scotland’s third biggest club. It’s about time we started acting like it.

The amount of happy clappers in our support is baffling. 

You're a decent poster but surely you can't be disappointed with the season so far overall? 

The amount of happy clappers in our support is baffling. 

The amount of football managers, professional players, quantity surveyors, construction managers, sports fitness experts, private detectives, and polymaths is something to behold as well.

37 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

How many times have I got to tell all you JKBers Neilson isn't good enough to manage Hearts. He has a degree in making good players worse, picking the wrong team, getting the tactics wrong, getting the substitutions wrong, have Hearts team play like a shambles.  Neilson has to go and you all know I'm never wrong.

Agree

36 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

This is how a mediocre manager keeps a job anyone can see we are in 3rd place not because of Neilsons brilliant management style it’s because the rest of the league is shit, If people can’t see we will get no further forward with him the must absolutely love the guy . I would let him finish the season and thank him and part ways . People forget we now own this club and we need to be heard I’m sick of this club always ending up with 2nd rate managers and players, now we have the scouting and academy sorted let’s get a decent manager in

Far to sensible a post.

4 minutes ago, NextGenerationJambo said:

A major part of a manager’s job is to motivate the players and maximise their potential. Robbie Neilson has thus far shown he is incapable of doing so. 

What is their maximum potential?  Just so we can know what to expect from the new manager by end of next season.  Is it just third but with a bit more aplomb? 

The most alarming thing for me is the fact we've played that formation all season yet we looked like we've just started trying it out.

All of our early season success was with two wingers. Pace. Pressing. Crosses. Fouls. Free kicks. Penalties.

I don't know what the **** that was.

4 minutes ago, WageThief said:

What is their maximum potential?  Just so we can know what to expect from the new manager by end of next season.  Is it just third but with a bit more aplomb? 

This new fantasy manager needs to finish above 3rd but behind the OF.  

Have we had any other suggestions than Alex Neil yet. Thought not.  

2 minutes ago, damo said:

This new fantasy manager needs to finish above 3rd but behind the OF.  

Have we had any other suggestions than Alex Neil yet. Thought not.  

There will be one poster who will mention a manager that rhymes with Staniel Dendel, and tell you repeatedly that his team wouldn't have lost to Dundee... 

Fantasyland when it comes to suggesting new managers on here. 

Ive never ever understood the Phoodle chat, and I dont think those behind it could explain it either.

But I do think the folk behind the plane were ahead of their time.  It’s hard for anyone to disagree with their choice of text.

9167A042-65F2-4E9F-9F6D-C627B5C8D458.jpeg

27 minutes ago, WageThief said:

It's all speculation after the event.  We could easily have started with Ginelly instead of Boyce and still ended up with a shite result.  It wasn't like we didn't create any chances.  Who should've played RB/RWB?  I suppose Atkinson and Smith were both out

Moore as a RB is probably just about fine. A wing back? No danger. Every pass is backwards, he doesn't have the pace to beat a man or the ability to cross a ball. The formation should've been changed tonight to suit the players we had available, but instead it was the same set up with square pegs in round holes. It was nowhere near acceptable tonight and I don't care less for excuses.

Just now, DG_HMFC said:

Moore as a RB is probably just about fine. A wing back? No danger. Every pass is backwards, he doesn't have the pace to beat a man or the ability to cross a ball. The formation should've been changed tonight to suit the players we had available, but instead it was the same set up with square pegs in round holes. It was nowhere near acceptable tonight and I don't care less for excuses.

That's exactly correct.

Classic Neilson though. Then throw in his inability to get any fight from his team. We always seem soft and easily bullied with him.

4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Ive never ever understood the Phoodle chat, and I dont think those behind it could explain it either.

But I do think the folk behind the plane were ahead of their time.  It’s hard for anyone to disagree with their choice of text.

9167A042-65F2-4E9F-9F6D-C627B5C8D458.jpeg

Ahead of their time as in it was way too soon to be calling for him to be sacked, you're similarly way ahead of your time.

RN will get this season and next, at least.

13 minutes ago, graygo said:

Ahead of their time as in it was way too soon to be calling for him to be sacked, you're similarly way ahead of your time.

RN will get this season and next, at least.

Which is ****in depressing.

The team looked depressed tonight. Boring as ****.

NextGenerationJambo
56 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Well we could begin with getting more than a point at home against bottom of the league in 2 fixtures. Not much aplomb required for that. 

Also, genuinely curious… do you think these players are currently playing to the best of their abilities? 

Teams will always have dips in form, that is understandable, but let’s not pretend this hasn’t been a long time coming. We are quite literally the best of a bad bunch, except sometimes - more frequently than we would like - we can’t even beat the worst of that bad bunch. 

Edited by NextGenerationJambo

25 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

We aren't paying anyone 9 grand a week. 

We have a couple of players who would get in the Celtic or rangers team. You're absolutely deluded if you think we should be challenging them.

It's called ambition ☺personally i obviously think more of my team than yourself. 

You obviously don't have the same confidence and fear them shame. 

And who you calling deluded 😂🤔

0_js.jpg

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, NextGenerationJambo said:

Well we could begin with getting more than a point at home against bottom of the league in 2 fixtures? Not much aplomb required for that. 

Also, genuinely curious… do you think these players are currently playing to the best of their abilities? 

Teams will always have dips in form, that is understandable, but let’s not pretend this hasn’t been a long time coming. We are quite literally the best of a bad bunch, except sometimes - more frequently than we would like - we can’t even beat the worst of that bad bunch. 

Spot on. 

4 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Usual drivel. I refer you to tonight’s fiasco.

Shite performance and shows our squad lacks depth and quality as I've already said.  Pretty much like any any Hearts team in my lifetime.

A few injuries and suspensions and there is a massive drop in quality.  Defence honking again with Taylor Moore and Sibbick at fault in both goals.  The former was abysmal as RB too but who else could play without Smith or Atkinson?

Time for you to follow a side that will meet your expectations.  Either MTFU or find another team.

6 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

I think a lot of our players are flat out exhausted right now. Beni sure looked it. Comes of carrying a small squad.

So some clubs can play league/champions league for weeks on end no problems but as soon as we have a game occasionally midweek ours are exhausted. Seems like a problem with the manager if you ask me.

Before you talk about squad sizes the likes of Barcelona, Liverpool and many others play the same starting line ups both games. In fact we probably make more changes than most. 

Wanted him gone after Brora -  

We have improved dramatically since then , although it wouldn’t be hard.  

Needs to look at himself after the last week , his team selections have been all wrong , substitutions wrong.  Take some responsibility 

Cruising in 3rd place and sadly it’s down to him that there’s no feel good factor.  

Need to get back to winning ways and soon   ,can still have a very good season but results & performances like we’ve seen vs rangers then nothing vs Dundee , no reaction , I think will sadly always exist under Robbie